Chapter 12- Bruuuuuuh

a

: i hate this chapter

-

If you close your eyes for long enough; through the darkness you'll see something bright. It might take a while, but you'll see it. The one that told me that was Bobby Finstock and this is the one thought that kept me going after Dylan died.

And as I left Derek's car, waving goodbye to Kira, I couldn't help that maybe Beacon Hills is that little light.

I slammed the door shut, making Bobby sneak a peek in my direction.

"Shay, you're home."

"Hey." I replied, "Mom, Joey is apparently living in Beacon Hills too!"

"Joey," Bobby repeated. "Joey? As in Joey Anderson?"

"Yes, Joey Anderson."

"Hoy shit, what is he-- How did you meet him?"

"Some... friends dragged me to a pizza place and he was there."

"And?" Mom urged, appearing out of nowhere.

"And... nothing." I glanced around, "where is Kurt? And Dad?"

"Uh, he took Kurt out a while ago. He said he might come back late." I nodded, sticking my hands in my pockets.

"Uh, I'm gonna go to my room." I cleared my throat. "Are we eating dinner later?"

"I'll get some burgers and curly fries later," Bobby said, looking slightly concerned. "Do you wanna take tomorrow off? I can drive you to the grave- yard and-"

"No." I cut him off, "he knows I hate going to his grave."

Mom gave me a look. I liked talking about Dylan is present tense, but she seemed to think it's just making it harder for me.

I thought it was bullshit.

I smiled at them before hurriedly walking up the stairs. I entered my room and turned on the TV, trying to distract my mind from everything. I was kind of worried, because from what I gathered Stiles had some spirit possessing him or something. And Stiles was my supposedly best friend.

War World Z is the only movie that caught my eyes, so I settled for watching it. Brad Pitt looked hella cool in it.

***

I woke up to a buzzing two centimeters from my head; it was a text from Kira.

Stiles is missing. Isaac is hospitalized. Just thought you would wanna know.

I ran a hand over my face, exhausted from this town being so weird. I texted her a yeah, thanks in reply, turning to lay on my back. Kurt was sleeping by my legs and I glanced at the phone again; the hour was 00:27, which meant that it's been two years since the accident. Since his death.

I missed him.

"Kurt, you want a little night trip?" I whispered. He ignored me, laying on his side and letting out a huff every once in a while. "Fine."

Peter crossed my mind; maybe I could try and play chess once more. There was a good chance he might kill me though, and even if for few moments the possibility interested me I dismissed it eventually, thinking of a new option.

I could crush at Scott's or Kira's- or even Lydia's or Allison's place. My first thought was that I'd probably be a burden- even more than usual- right now, with both Stiles missing and me in my pathetic state.

Derek is the one thought I tried to avoid; Kissing him was pretty much the biggest mistake I could ever do. Him kissing me back was pretty much the worst thing ever.