Chapter 1- Bitches be Like Rawr

"Shay," Bobby tried, "you're gonna be late. Get out of the car."

"Hold on," I begged, "I just gotta finish reading this-"

"Get out now or I'll throw away all of your comic books." My eyes snapped to my uncle.

"You wouldn't. I collected those for years."

"You really wanna check whether I would or wouldn't?" He threatened.

"Fine," I grumbled, leaving the car, clutching in my hand the X-Men issue.

I kept reading as I walked through the halls of Beacon Hills High, every once in a while checking the number of class in front of me until getting to the class I was supposed to be in.

I hadn't heard the bell ringing, so I figured I wasn't late, but when I opened the door, an Asian teacher was already standing there.

"Please tell me I'm not late."

"You're not late," he replied.

"Seriously?" I smiled.

"No, you're late. Sit down."

"Yes sir," I replied, going to sit at the back. On the way there I read another page of X-Men, and stumbled over a chair, though no one seemed to notice.

I sat down, getting out my books and reading a bit more of X-Men, only half listening to Mr. Yukimura, as I found out.

As I finished reading before class finished, I was bored and started re-reading for the fourth time, and when the bell rung I jumped to my feet, accidentally crashing into someone's chest.

"Shit, sorry," I apologized, diving after the comic book. "Oh thanks God it's clean." I breathed out in relief. I then walked off to Bobby's class.

I dodged a random freshman as I entered the class, "Hey Shay. You need anything?"

"More Comics," I announced, walking to where I knew he kept some.

"I only have Dark Horse's and DC's here," he told me.

"I don't mind reading some Flash." I announced, fixing my gray beanie. I pulled at the sleeve of my maroon jacket.  "You don't have Flash here. Okay," I sniffed, "what should I read then?"

"How about your school books?"

"Nah. Oh, Teen Titans!"

"Take it and go to your class, please." Bobby begged. I tutt in reply.

"You said you only have DC and Dark Horse," I stated, showing him The Hulk. "Since when Hulk is no longer Marvel's?"

"Shay," he stood up, "this is the very first issue of the original Hulk. This thing is... Put it down and walk away."

"I have your class today. I'll make sure to give it back in perfect condition." With that, I take the two comic books and run out of class.

"SHAY!"

*

"Wow, that class is empty," I blurted out as I entered the Art class. There were three kids there, excluding myself.

"It's exclusive," a boy said.

"Is there a teacher?"

"You could say that," he replied. "But then again, you can also say there isn't."

"Legit it sounds," I smiled, sitting down few seats away from him, and very gently taking out the very amazing comic book my uncle tried to hide from me.

I mean, I am clumsy, but when it comes to Comics I would sacrifice myself before letting anything happen to it.

"I'm Isaac," he grinned at me, "those two over there are Lydia and Allison."

"Hi," the brunette waved, though she seemed rather distracted. "I'm Allison."

"So you're Lydia," I nodded at the ginger.

"And you're a random girl," she replied.

"I'm Shay Finstock, nice to meet you." Or at least, I hope it'll be nice.

"Finstock? As in Coach Finstock?" Isaac asked, scoffing.

"The very one. He's my uncle."

"Creepy."

"At times," I breathed out, opening the comic book.

"Is that The Hulk?"

"Yup. Very first issue, from Bo- Coach Finstock's collection."

"May I touch it?" Isaac asked, gaping it.

"He will legitimately murder me if anything happens to it- I practically stole it... But I guess you could."

"Creepy comics addicts," I heard Lydia states.

**

After Art, Isaac and I both had Eco, with none other than Uncle dear.

"Here you go, safe and sound," I handed him his precious comic back, and he tucked it in to the very back of the shelf.

"This," he pointed at where The Hulk was, "is not leaving for another thirty years."

"One day you'll die," I told him, "and seeing as I'm the closest you'll ever have to a daughter, I'm gonna inherit this comics."

"We both know you will probably die before I do."

"True."