Chapter 27- First Love

The dark haired boy sat anxiously, waiting for the dark haired girl to show up. He hoped she would.

He was about to give up and enter the class, late, when steps echoed through the practically deserted hall. He raised his brown eyes, finding the pale face of Shay.

A grin found his way to his lips as he jumped to his feet, "hey, Shay, I thought you won't be coming by now."

"Nah, just woke up late," Shay smiled. Bobby was willing to wait so she wouldn't be that late, but she didn't want to hurt him.

"Well, you disappeared for two days, what the hell?"

"Yeah, sorry, oops," she laughed awkwardly. "What's up though? You've been waiting for me here?"

"Well, yeah. You're part of the team," Stiles shrugged. Shay smiled, her heart filling with slight sadness.

"Stiles, I'm saying it with loads of love and positive stuff like that. You're too good."

Stiles scrunched his face in confusion. "You know what, never mind. So guess what?"

"You realized you have a belly button?"

"No--"

"Lindsey Lohan is finally wearing underwear?"

"No--"

"Miley Cyrus came in like a wrecking ball?"

"This song is so catchy, isn't it?"

"Yes, shit, it's so stupid but I also can't stop with it and--"

"I know, it's like- No, hold on. You didn't guess!"

"Ohhh, you finally got that thing removed?"

"What thing?" Stiles asked, scrunching his face in confusion once more. 

"Oh, uh, nothing. Never mind, who what? Something about Marvel? Captain America? NO! I KNOW! DEADPOOL!"

"How did you know about the Deadpool?" Stiles asked Shay, confused for as to why Shay knew about the Deadpool. 

"I've watched the trailer, we've watched together again just the other day. You said you wanted to check something about that so I figured..." Shay paused. "Are we talking about a different Deadpool?"

"Yes."

"Oh, well..." Shay sighed, "talk little matie."

Stiles explained everything he knew to Shay; and she listened, pretending as though she didn't know anything about it and as though she knew nothing, and it was fairly interesting, and much more amusing than Peter's explanation.

The two stopped at the entrance of History class. "What are you gonna do then?" Shay asked, tilting her head. Stiles blinked.

"No idea," he sighed, admitting the truth. "The whole Kate thing is really bothering me too. But you are worrying me as well."

"What's there to worry about?" Shay questioned, smiling widely. "I'm okay Stiles, it's all perfectly okay." Stiles looked over her face, catching the bags under her eyes and the way her hair was slightly messy; Shay hated it when her hair was messy.

"Were you at Derek's?"

"Nope, home."

"When did you last see Derek?" Stiles asked, and the door to the class opened.

"Stiles, Shay, were you about to join us, or just stand outside and discuss personal matters?" Mr. Yukimura questioned, glaring at the two.

"Sorry sir," Shay apologized brightly. "I'm dealing with a personal crisis and Stiles is bugging me about sharing. That's what AA is for," she continued brightly before sitting down.

"Please tell me you're joking," Stiles begged as he followed her. Shay laughed lightly, Stiles was a sweetheart.

"Stiles, you're way too good."

↓↓↓

Shay gripped the car keys tightly in her hand, walking through the parking lot quickly. Everyone were in class, and she had no idea how she got the keys from Bobby. It was a miracle she pulled it off.

She was scared out of her mind.

Suddenly, she felt so much respect to Sir Leon from Merlin. He was willing to walk to the mouth of Hell for Arthur when he didn't have, and she couldn't do it when she had to, when she was doomed to.

She tugged at the Hakuna Matata shirt.

"I don't want to die." She spoke, looking at the air. Dylan wasn't there. 

Suddenly she wanted to die with Dylan, all that time ago. Not alone, with the man she loved. The man she will always love.

She unlocked the car and entered it. It was the first time in forever she sat behind the wheel.

Slowly, her hand shaking, she started the engine and drove out of the parking lot and away from Beacon Hills.

"There's something in your voice, makes my heart my beat fast. Hope this feeling lasts for the rest of my life..." Shay stepped on the gas pedal with just a little more force, eager to leave Beacon Hills.

"I can almost see through the dark there is light..." Shay looked to the radio, it was a nice last sight. Music was everything to her for the longest time. 

It felt like she was all way back to where she belongs.