Epilogue: Feels Like Home

She could hear a window break, and loud sirens, and she could hear soft padding. She could hear a voice trying to talk to her.

She could feel a warm hand touching her, and then a cold one. She could feel happy. She could see the light. 

"Shay, sweetie," a voice shook her out of her day-dream. She looked to see a pair of light eyes watching her, twinkling. 

"Yeah D?" she grinned, watching her boyfriend sit down next to her. The two looked to the forest that surrounded the hospital. 

"Come on honey," he nudged her softly. "We can go home."

Dylan stood up, offering a hand to pull her up. Shay looked up to him, smiling yet again. "Alright."

"Alright," he repeated, pulling her up to her feet. She smiled as he kissed her forehead. She could feel tears stinging in her eyes. She was overjoyed and couldn't tell why.

"Take your bag," Dylan reminded her, making her twirl around and grab her bag. She could see in the distance an unfamiliar city's lights. It was pretty. "Shay?" Dylan asked, making her wipe away the tears that suddenly built in her eyes, those weren't happy tears, and she couldn't tell why she felt sad all of a sudden.

It was like a memory from a dream, familiar, but never seen before.

"I'm ready," she smiled at him. Dylan took her hand in his, pulling her closer to him to where he came from, leaving the familiar yet forgotten city lights behind.