Chapter 23- Wisdom Tooth

Peter found a way to shut me up: a ham sandwich. And once I finished it, I was talking again about the fact my wisdom teeth growing.

"Too bad it won't make you any smarter," he sighed. He probably regretted allowing me to be shotgun.

Too bad I'd probably never get to have one completely grown out.

"That's because I am a genius and can't get any smarter." And right then I heard Peter laugh for the first time. I smiled, and looked away to the road. The smile was wiped off my face.

Dylan.

···

A thing I seem to be doing a lot lately: run because of monsters.

Once more, I was doing that. This time it was a Berzerker, I think. Weird creature with an animal mask that apparently attacked us at Mexico. I was probably sleeping. I ran after Scott and Malia, trying to keep up with the two shapeshifters, when my hand was suddenly yanked.

"Peter?" I asked, gasping for air.

"Survival rule number one: all you have to do is run faster than someone else. You were the slowest."

"So, thanks for saving me?" I asked, still panting.

"Yes, now come on." Peter tugged at my hand harshly, making me follow.

I wasn't too sure where we were going. Maybe the Hale's vault thing that was under the school. Anyway, I was just following the psychotic werewolf.

"—It doesn't look like much."

"That's because it isn't," Peter interrupted the chat between the Kate chick and Mini-Derek.

"I could get used to Mini-Derek," I mused.

"Quite the elaborate scheme you've got yourself, Kate," Peter started, pulling me after him. "Two countries, Aztec temple, Derek returned to teenager. When he trusted you. When he loved you," my heart skipped a beat at that statement and Peter tugged on my hand so I'd stand closer to him. Derek looked at me, confused.

I could not breathe.

"And all of those complications just to gain an access to our vault," he gestured around us, dragging my arm with his. "Just to get your hands on some piece of junk." Kate glared at him, and I kind of hid myself behind Peter, slightly scared of her. "Go ahead, turn it over. There's a scrap on the back where it used to say Made in China."

"You are lying." Kate said coldly.

"I admit, I have a tendency of exaggerating but in this case the truth is so much more fun."

I glanced at the back of his head, an amused smile playing on my lips.

"Sorry, sweetheart. That little pendant is just a physical object to focus on," Peter continued as Kate turned the pendant in her hands, not sounding sorry at all. "Kind of like training wheels. Talia used it to teach Laura, I tried to use it to teach Derek..." He paused, before stopping completely once a growl was heard.

Kate ignored it, turning to Derek. "Is this real? Tell me if it's real."

"Didn't you hear it? That was Scott!" My face scrunched in confusion and annoyance.

"So he knows Scott's growl but not my face," I muttered, "Geez."

"Tell me!" she screamed, making Derek step away.

"I don't know and I don't care!" he yelled before running off. I turn to follow, but Peter's hand stopped me. Kate stepped closer and Peter suddenly shoved me back lightly.

"Go. Don't go near the Berzerkers," I nodded, walking away, but decide to go straight to the Berzerkers.

"LET'S GET ANGRY!" I hear Peter growling, and was almost tempted to sneak back in and watch the fight, but then another hand stops me.

"Wuddup dick?" I grinned.

"Wrong direction?" Dylan offered cockily.

"Alright," I shrugged, following the sounds of fighting. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I check it, a gasp escaping my lips. "Holy crap."

I hurried towards I could see people laying.

"Is Stiles here?" I asked, panting once more.

"No, why?" Malia asked.

"Danny Worsnop is leaving Asking Alexandria, that's why!" Someone cleared his throat, so I turn to look.

"Hey Derek," I greeted Not- Mini- Derek, ignoring him. "Seriously. It's big news, where is he?"

Ignoring him got the exact reaction I wanted as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "What were you saying?"

"That you're a dick," I grinned, pausing. I turned to him, kind of only then realising how much I missed him.

"What's with that look?" Derek questioned, confused. I punched his ribs, making him frown, raising an eyebrow.

"What the Hell!" I huffed, "you got a witch and casted a spell on me!"

"What?" he laughed, confused.

"You made me miss you!" I said angrily. He smiled, a chuckle passing his lips. "What're you laughing about?"

"Shay," he sighed, cupping my face in his hands. "Please tell me you are just pretending and not actually that dumb," which earned him a stomp on his foot.

Derek sighed deeply, as I glared at the floor.

"I totally hate you," I muttered, before burying my face in his chest and hug him. He hugged me tightly.

"I hate you too," he whispered into my hair, and even when Stiles rushed to me to discuss the news about Danny Worsnop, the two of us just hugged and ignored everyone else.

I wanted to have the time to love Derek, to love him properly and truly, and I was truly sad to know that it wouldn't happen.

"Derek," I eventually whispered once we un-wrapped our arms from each other, walking side- by- side with arms wrapped around the other's waist. He looked to me, so I fixed my glance at his ribs, not wanting to say it to his face. "I'm in love with you, fucker."

He almost made me trip by hugging me closer to him, "took you long enough."

I rolled my eyes, shoving him away and walking to Stiles. "I hate you," I told Derek, "so, Asking Alexandria without Danny, should be interesting."

"Wonder if they'll get a new vocalist or just change style or something."

"I'm okay with all as long as I get to hear Ben's angelic voice. Also as long as we've got Cam."

"Hey, did you go to the hospital?"

"Uh..." I cleared my throat, "oh, look, Superman! A bird!" I pointed up, surprised actually looked up, hurrying back to Derek. He raised an eyebrow.

"How about spending the night at your loft?"

"Sounds great."

"You know what would be extra great?" I asked, my tone suggestive.

"What?" he wondered, same tone.

"If you'd get a TV already," I said brightly, making him grin with a nod.

"I'll get a TV for your birthday," he promised, squeezing my hand. I squeezed his hand back.

"My birthday is really far though."

"Don't push it."