Chapter 7- But I Wuv Peter's Shirt

"So that's why you were half- dead last night?" I asked Peter once Derek finished explaining about  hooded, masked figures that came out of the dark and attacked Isaac, Twins- Cuties and Lydia as well as Derek himself, leaving a reversed number 5 behind their ears.

"Wait, they attacked you already?" Derek asked, making Peter nod. "You didn't think of telling me?"

"The thought have failed to cross my mind," he replied.

"Of course, you had other things in mind," Derek said, rolling his eyes at me.

"I could be her father," Peter said, dismissing Derek's idea. "And there are far more important things in hand."

"Yeah, like why are weird-ass creatures are attacking supernatural beings and leaves the kanji Self behind their ears."

"Wait, what?" Derek asked. "Kanji?"

"Yeah, in Japanese, the Kanji for Self kinda looks like a reversed five. And I looked at Peter's mark- it is most definitely a Kanji."

"How do you know?"

"I know some Japanese." I shrugged.

 "Great." Derek replied, and silence settled in.

"I think I should go home," I stated, standing up. Kurt got off the couch right after me.

"Leave the shirt next to the washing machine," Peter said.

"But I like your shirt," I pouted.

"The question is what do you like better; your face or my shirt?"

I thought for a moment, "your shirt."

Peter stayed silent for a moment. "Alright then," within a moment his claws were out.

"Stop it," Derek growled, standing up. "Both of you, just... Stop. This is ridiculous."

"He started it," I stated childishly, Peter sticking his tongue out in reply.

*

"How was staying at Lydia's?" Dad asked, patting Kurt's head.

"It was okay," I smiled, "so I guess your phone still had battery last night?" I went straight to the kitchen, where I could cookies.

"Yeah, we were half-way through replying when the phone shut off." Mom stated, "want some dough?"

"I don't like cookie dough," I said. "Where's Bobby?"

"Still at school." She paused, "kind of-" she scoffed, "kind of like you are supposed to."

"Yeah..." I cleared my throat, "I didn't wake up and Lydia was nice enough to let me sleep."

"Nice of her," Mom smiled.

"Yup." I stood there awkwardly for few moments.

"You can go to your room. Lunch at five, so you have few good hours."

"Okay, bye." I ran up the stairs happily, waiting for Kurt to follow. Once he stepped inside the room, I turned the Air Conditioner on and shut the door. "You and I," I started, "are gonna start re- watching the first season of Orange is the New Black."

Kurt stared at me in a strange look.

"What?" I stared at him for a second, before he turned away to take a nap. "What?" I repeated, before groaning.

After few minutes, the first episode started and Kurt stood up, walking to the door. He started scratching it.

"Jesus Christ, Kurt," I said, opening the door.

"STOP SAYING JESUS CHRIST!" Dad called from downstairs. I rolled my eyes. Just because we're jaws, I'm not gonna stop saying Jesus Christ, from the very simple reason; I don't believe in religions.

"Religions are bullshit!" I called back.

"You- KURT!" My dad called, making me face- palm.

"Softie," I muttered to myself, turning back to Orange is the New Black. When the episode ended, it was already getting close to lunch, so I went to take a shower, only then the thoughts of the new information started bothering me.

Werewolves are real.

The supernatural is real.

Ghosts are probably real too.

How I wished I could chase them.

*

Once I got out of the shower, wearing maroon leggings and black jacket, I headed down to the living room, where Bobby was already sitting, staring at the TV, that wasn't working.

"Want my laptop? It's still working," I offered.

"Nah," Bobby dismissed.

"Lunch's ready," mom called, making us go to the dining room.

"How do you cook with no electricity?" I asked her, making her smiled.

"Oblivious little Shay," dad sighed, making me frown.

"What?" I whined.

They shook their heads, and I started eating. I wonder if vampires are real too...

"Hey, it's November, right?" Mom suddenly asked.

"Yeah," I replied, my voice cracking. Damn it, I cleared my throat.

"It's been two years," dad stated, staring at the old table.

"Excuse me," I said, "I need to take Kurt out." I pushed myself up, putting on the black Toms that I left at the entrance and calling to Kurt.

"Shay!" Bobby called.

"I'll be back later!" I called back, running out, Kurt enjoying the fact he gets to run.

When I finally arrived to a place that seemed far enough, I sat down on the sidewalk, catching my breath.

Kurt sat next to me loyally, his presence offering some comfort. Soon enough, I was wiping both sweat and tears from my face.

Why did she have to bring it up?

"Fuck!" I swore, pulling at my hair. I left it after few moments, trying to clear my mind.

I looked up at the sky- the sun was setting. It was pretty, but was also bringing more memories.

"I used to think that the sun was a giant balloon that someone accidentally let go of." Dylan said.

"I like that better than a ball of gas that's burning." I replied, my fingers searching for his.

"I really like staring at the sunset with you," he said, hand catching mine.

"I really like you."

"I know."