Chapter 18- Come Back To Me, Love

"This movie is stupid."

"You said you wanted to watch it."

"Yeah, but it's stupid."

"You said you like it!"

"But it's stupid!" I groaned, "catch on, Derek." He took a deep breath, as though calming himself. "Shhh, I'm trying to watch it." Derek glared at me, and I turned to him, smiling for a moment before sighing. "You know, I like Pitch Perfect and I wanna watch it so stop glaring at me, your eyes are distracting."

"You said it's stupid!"

"But I like it!"

He threw him arms up, giving up. "The Devil himself could not have wished for a better spawn."

"Fuck you," I said, turning the volume up.

"I wouldn't mind," I looked up, pausing the movie. Derek raised his eyebrow, "I said that out-loud, didn't I? Damn it, Shay. You're rubbing on me." I started laughing, and as it became worse Derek took his laptop away in worry. I went down to the floor, rolling with laughter pretty quickly, and Derek didn't bother with me, playing Pitch Perfect.

I started breathing again, and sat up straight, smiling at Derek.

"You're funny."

"Thanks," he replied, scrunching his face in confusion. "Can you be normal, like... Once?"

"No," I chuckled, standing up just to crash on the sofa next to him. He put his arm around my shoulder and I inched closer to him, resting my head on his chest. It was really nice. And then his phone rung-- it was in the kitchen and we both knew it. I stood up to get it (yes, my lazy-ass seems to still do that every once in a while), but he pulled me back. "It might be important?" I told him simply.

"What's more important than me?" Derek asked, "I mean, you." I rolled my eyes, "come on, they can probably manage on their own- let me just spend one night with you."

"One more," I corrected.

"What?"

"I slept at your place last night too," I reminded him, back to the position we were in few moments before.

"Yeah, but we weren't dating," he stated matter- of- factly.

"Since when are you a cheesy bitch?" I questioned. He glared at me for a moment, before grabbing me in a playful headlock and making me take my words back.

Obviously, I didn't.

Derek grabbed my hands, not allowing me to move further away from him- even though I tried. "Hey, remember few minutes ago?" he asked softly, his face closer to mine than it was moments ago. I nodded. "You said my eyes are distracting," he reminded me. And they were. "I demand an explanation," he contninued as I stayed silent.

"Your eyes are kind of fucking amazing," I reply simply, shrugging. He raised a thick eyebrow, and I grinned slightly, staring at his eyes. They were mostly green, but a certain lights they seemed blue or hazel-- at that moment they were a strange mixture of all, and I couldn't look away.

"Thank you, but I am well aware," he said cheekily.

"Cocky fucker," I muttered, and it felt weird, it felt guilty, as I leaned to kiss him again. He hadn't let go of my hands, but definetly kissed me back for a good while.

Stuff would probably get weirder if I didn't get a call too.

"It's probably Scott or something," I told him, "calling both you and me? I think something happened."

"But Scott is such a dramatic person," Derek whined, his hands still wrapping mine so I couldn't move. "And it could be your family."

"Yeah... No," I replied simply, "I put on a caller's ring-tone or whatever it's called for the lot of you."

"The lot of us?"

"Yeah, I call you Scobby Doo gang," I nodded at my words, and he raised his eyebrow. "You know, the supernatural peeps."

"Yeah..." Then Derek realized what I was saying. "Wait, so it is definitely Scott?"

"Or someone else from the gang--"

"What if it is important?!" Derek let go, practically shoving his laptop into my lap and ran towards our phones.

"Freakin' werewolves," I grumbled lowly, but for once- serious.

Derek returned few minutes later, at a point where I was so nervous I could start chopping liver (my logic is weird, I think you figured it by now). He looked shocked and confused, walking slowly towards me.

He finally sat down next to me, and stared at me.

He seemed like he was trying to figure out what to say, in a way that made me remember a certain man and a certain moment.

"He died?" I asked, only half- aware of the real situation I was in.

"No," Derek replied, shaking me back to reality, "Allison. Allison Died."

I expected a bubble of laughter to escape my lips, because the only death I have known and truly cared about was Dylan's and... well, that was my first reaction, but perhaps Allison's death wasn't such an absurd for me, so I stared at him back, my expression mirroring his.

"How?" I eventually questioned.

"I didn't ask and he didn't say."

"Oh."

>>>

We sat.

That was all we did.

Just sitting felt stupid but we couldn't really do anything, as Allison's dad was telling Scott what to say and we were too fucking busy with acting like two in-love fucking twelve year old that we weren't there to do anything.

Fucking fuck.

I sighed deeply as Derek left, probably to piss since none of us did ever since we got to the loft.

"It seems like I can't do anything," a familiar voice said, making me look up. He smiled at me, and I realized he was sitting where Derek previously sat. "Hi Shay."

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, tilting her head.

"I told you," Dylan sighed, "I am here for you."

"But I went to Derek like you said." I uttered out eventually, terribly confused. "I am really trying to move on for once in my life, so why?"

"I am so sorry," he said, kissing my forehead. "But I'm here for you."