๐—ž๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ง๐—ผ ๐—” ๐—ฅ๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ...

Par XxQueencolourXx

โˆ™๐™ฐ ๐š…๐š’๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ ๐™ฝ๐šŽ๐š’๐š• ๐š‡ ๐™พ๐™ฒ ๐š‚๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šขโˆ™ It's 1997 and Kelly Dixon takes a look back at how she became the... Plus

๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š๐šž๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—
1979: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ผ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š
1979: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฟ๐š‘๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š•
1980: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ
1980: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ผ๐š˜๐š›๐š—๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ฐ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š›
1981: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™พ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š›
1981: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐š‹๐šž๐š
1982: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐š’๐šœ๐šŒ๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข
1982: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฐ๐š๐š“๐šž๐šœ๐š๐š–๐šŽ๐š—๐š
1983: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ต๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŠ๐š•
1984: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ ๐™ฝ๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š ๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šœ
1984: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฐ๐šŒ๐šŒ๐š’๐š๐šŽ๐š—๐š
1985: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š’๐š•๐š’๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—
1985: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š…๐š’๐š๐šŽ๐š˜ ๐š‚๐š‘๐š˜๐š˜๐š
1986: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŸ๐š’๐šŽ๐š 
1986: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š€๐šž๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—
1987: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š†๐šŽ๐š๐š๐š’๐š—๐š
1987: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ผ๐š˜๐šœ๐š ๐™ธ๐š–๐š™๐š˜๐š›๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šƒ๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š
1988: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฒ๐š•๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š—๐šœ๐š’๐š—๐š
1988: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ผ๐š˜๐šŸ๐š’๐šŽ
1989: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฝ๐šž๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ ๐™ฐ๐š•๐š‹๐šž๐š–
1989: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ต๐š’๐š›๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™พ๐š ๐™ฐ ๐™ต๐š˜๐šŽ
1990: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ด๐šก๐š™๐šŠ๐š—๐šœ๐š’๐š˜๐š—
1990: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฝ๐š˜ ๐™ต๐šž๐šŒ๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ต๐šž๐š— ๐šƒ๐š˜๐šž๐š›
1991: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฝ๐šŽ๐šก๐š ๐š‚๐š๐šŽ๐š™
1991: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ ๐™พ๐š ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ
1992: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ผ๐šž๐š๐š’๐š—๐šข
1992: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‚๐š˜๐š•๐š˜ ๐™ฑ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š”
1993: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐šŒ ๐š‚๐š’๐š๐šŽ

1983: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‚๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š ๐™ฐ๐š•๐š‹๐šž๐š–

70 7 230
Par XxQueencolourXx

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, August 12th 1983

Since the US festival, work on the band's second album had been full steam ahead and it was due to be released late next month, the 26th I believed.

Things are good right now, my parents had moved to be closer to my grandparents in New Jersey so that could be a pain in the ass sometimes when it comes to needing people to babysit Alessia, as the only real options now we're either Vinnie's parents or have a babysitter- the latter option neither me of Vince particularly liked but sometimes, needs must so we now have one, which was a neighbour of ours who lives directly across the street.

She was an older lady, Sally, who I'd gotten talking too after I saw her struggling to do some work in her yard and helped her out, she started bringing food and things over for me and Vince as well as spending time talking to us, I think because she didn't have many other people to talk too.

Instantly, she loved Alessia and offered to take her whenever we needed which was always nice, and although a stranger as a babysitter was never something I felt comfortable with, she wasn't a total stranger and was better than hiring one.

Speaking of Allie, she was growing more and more and it was almost her first birthday which was almost unbelievable, her birthday was actually the day before the album was due to be released, so we'd have her birthday party then the album release party the following night.

That was awfully social of us but it was for good reason so I'll let it slide. I wasn't always keen on parties, especially the kind of parties Doc and Doug throw, as they'd arranged this album release party and they were pretty fucking dull.

We couldn't not go though so, we'd have to just deal with it, but I'm hearing rumours that Tommy is going to bring some things to spice the party up a little more and bring a bit more Mötley to the event, so I'm speculating to what he will bring, my guess is cocaine, but who knows.

On the front of me and Vince, we were good as always... although, since his disappearance backstage of the festival I had taken notice of some of his weird behaviour.

If he went out with the other guys, he'd come back looking a little more disheveled than he had done before he left, his shirt creased, sometimes come back with 'bruises' he'd say if I asked, saying some asshole walked into him or something. Sometimes they did look like genuine bruises, then other times not so much.

I took his word and didn't think about it, the truth was more than I wanted to swallow so didn't. I was stupid, I knew it, turning a blind eye to what was happening but Vince was so good to me and he did love me and I wanted what he told me to be true, though I could never quite believe him.

For someone who when I first met Vince would never have ever put up with his promiscuity, I've sure changed my tune. It was many things as to why I was just taking it, I'd fallen so far for him now that being without him seemed such a horrible concept and until it was confirmed to me properly I couldn't find it in me to press the matter.

What if I was wrong? And he was telling me the truth? Then there was Allie now, she needed her father and I wasn't going to walk away from Vince when he might not even be doing what I suspected he was doing.

The red flags were there though, always and had been for months.

Today was a regular day, Vince and I had nothing to do, until tomorrow, and Vince had gone out again last night and got back just past midnight, although I was practically half asleep when he did get back, when he got back, Vince was all over me so I gave in and let him have his way with me before we finally ended up going to sleep at about two, to be woken by Allie at six.

It was now almost three in the afternoon, and we'd only dragged our asses out of bed a couple of hours ago, and since then had showered and we'd just finished eating breakfast and now I was giving Alessia her formula as per usual around this time.

While I was doing this though, the phone rang, it wasn't particularly odd per say but there was nothing band related it could be that I can think of, Doc had learnt by now not to do calls if possible, as the guys rarely listened anyways and often put the phone down on him mid sentence.

And Vince only saw Tommy and Nikki last night so I don't know who'd be calling. I listened as best as I could and heard Vinnie answer the phone and say a rather loud hello but after that nothing loud enough for me to hear, that was odd. Usually you could hear someone talking normal volume from here to the phone which meant he was purposefully being quiet.

The phone call didn't last too long, a couple of minutes maybe and then I heard the phone get put back faintly so I called out to Vince to see what he has to say.

"Who was that?" I wonder as I continued to give Allie her bottle.

"Er-... nobody, babe." He said, a tad sheepish, like whoever rang shouldn't have. I furrowed my eyebrows at the reply and deep down knew the truth but as I always did now, I kept myself as blind and optimistic as I could because we had Alessia together and I know Vince loved her and loves me too. We're his girls.

"Alright." I called back uncertainly which Vince must have picked up on because he soon came into the kitchen with me and instantly said something as a distraction which I picked up on but just ignored it.

He came in and instantly grabbed two liquor glasses from the cupboard and grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels which was in another cupboard and poured two drinks sliding a glass over to me with a smirk on his lips though it wasn't a natural one, it was forced there "Do you wanna go out for dinner tonight?"

He was trying to distract me, and I'll let him.

"Dinner?" I replied which sounded as much like a question as he'd just asked me "We can't. What about Alessia?"

"My mom and dad can take her, they won't mind. They're the only option now, given that your parents are the other side of the damn US."

"A tad short notice for them don't you think? For anyone, I'd feel bad dropping Allie off at your parents, I'd even feel bad giving her to Sally."

"Nah, it'll be fine. My mom and dad will be chill with it." He dismisses "Come on, let's do it. We haven't gone out for dinner together in months."

"Yeah, because of having other responsibilities."

"One night let's do something... come on, won't it be nice... just you and me?"

I suppose he has a point, it would be nice to go out somewhere together, I looked Alessia then nodded slowly, drinking some of the whiskey he'd poured for us "Fine, okay... dinner, but call your parents now and make sure it's okay with them, give them some kind of choice in the matter, don't just force them to babysit for us."

Vince rolled his eyes but agrees to my proposal "Alright, if it makes you feel better."

"It will. And I'm going in there with you and making sure they actually agree and you don't coax them into it."

The blonde huffed but didn't protest, he just went into the living room and called his parents, and when I was satisfied they willing chose to take Allie for the evening I committed to going out for dinner much to the delight of Vince.

The singer then booked us a table at a local Italian restaurant, one we'd been too numerous times before and we both enjoyed, he made a reservation for half five, then suggest we should start getting ready given it took us both a while to do that and we also had to drop Alessia with Vince's mom and dads which was an extra half an hour or so onto our drive.

When we got upstairs into our bedroom, I put Allie down in the middle of Vince and I's bed before going to the closet where the singer had b-lined for and joined him inside where he was picking out an outfit, not for himself though but for me.

"Aren't I meant to be picking out my own outfits? Controlling what I wear is abuse, y'know?" I tease, wrapping my arms around the man from behind.

"Shut up, bitch. You can have the final say, I just want to put you in something's that's gonna make me wanna fuck you, not that it takes much effort for me to want to do that."

"If that's not the truth I don't know what is. What have you spied out for me so far, Mr Wharton?"

"I'm not sure yet, we'll see, gimme a minute and then I'll tell you." He replied thoughtfully, looking through my array of clothes.

"Want me to pick your outfit for you?"

"You can if you want, you know what makes me look good, so I have faith in you."

"You look good in everything, Vin."

"True but that doesn't make my point any less valid."

Vince continues to search for an outfit for me and I start looking for one for him, all in all we took about ten minutes to pick outfits for one another both unanimously agreeing that we'd both made great choices, we knew each other so well by now that we knew our fashion sense and what we looked good in off by heart.

We got dressed into said clothes, not without Vince being a little touchy feely, that was nothing new though, he took every opportunity to touch me and I never complained because I liked his hands on me.

Then after we'd finished getting dressed, we packed an overnight bag for Allie and got into the car, making our way to Vince's mom and dad's place.

By the time we got there, dropped Allie and had a quick conversation with them, we had just over half an hour until our reservation time, and with the half an hour drive and traffic, we got to the restaurant with a few minutes to spare, so all in all not bad.

We got inside the restaurant, Vince gave his last name for the reservation and we were taken to a table in the corner, where we were seated and asked what we'd like to drink and Vince said we'd take a good bottle of red wine, and that's what we got.

While the wine was being fetched, the two of us looked over the menus that had been on our table selecting food which we ordered when the waiter returned and opened up the bottle of red, pouring us each a glass then leaving the rest of the bottle on the table.

We ordered our food and when the waiter left again, we just picked up our glasses, wordlessly clinking our glasses together, I sipped my wine and Vince sipped his wine, maintaining eye contact with me, then smirked a little once he removed his lips from the glass "You're staring at me."

"You're staring back."

"True, cause you look beautiful."

"Wanna fuck me?"

"Always babe." Vinnie grinned "I did a good job picking that outfit, not that I ever doubted my ability."

"You're so full of yourself." I scoffed, looking at him with over the rim of my glass.

"Am not, I just know what's true and what's true is that chicks find me irresistible and I'm great at picking outfits for you. Call me full of myself if you want, I only know what the facts of what I'm good at, which in my defence is naturally most things."

Vinnie's sense of humour was an acquired taste to some, his humour could make him out to seem insensitive and kind of an ass, and definitely way too big headed for his own good and while he for sure had an undebatable ego, he did make comments like that in jest, even if others didn't understand him, I did and he never failed to make me laugh.

"I can see why Nikki wants to punch you sometimes, your ego flies a bit too close to his."

"I have a bigger ego than Nikki... actually, I don't know about that, it depends on the situation with Nikki while I'm just egotistical all the time, most of it's just for show though. With you especially, I like making you laugh."

"You certainly achieve that goal, honey. I'm really glad we did this tonight." I smiled at my boyfriend who smiled back shrugging.

"Told you it was a good idea from the get go, you didn't listen."

"I didn't say to tell me 'I told you so'."

"I didn't because I didn't say those exact words."

"You were thinking it."

"Possibly but I won't admit it, you'd slap me or something."

"At least you have the awareness to know that."

"I know you. You always throw things at me or slap me if I do something you disagree with."

"Stop doing things I disagree with and I won't have to do those things anymore, will I?"

"You'd still find an excuse. The only time I'm safe to say shit I know would earn me a pillow to the face is when I'm holding Allie."

"Then I throw something at you after you put her down."

"I can prepare myself for it then, cause usually I don't know when I've said something you're gonna punish me for. Maybe I should just never put Alessia down."

"That's not allowed, she's not just your baby y'know? She's mine too. I did all the hard work."

"I know but she still prefers me to you and that's not my fault. I didn't purposely make her do that, she's a girl and like I said, girls find me irresistible. That includes miniature ones."

"It's offensive the favouritism she has for you."

"Sorry not sorry. You should have foreseen it, is all I'm saying."

"Yeah because I totally wanted to foresee her being all about you rather than me."

The grin on the singers face was Cheshire Cat worthy, Alessia had always been about Vince, but the older she gets the more she becomes a definite Daddy's girl, although I did see it happening, I should have been more prepared for Vince's smugness on the matter cause shit, was he smug.

I put up with it though cause I'm glad he's as close with her as he is given how scared I was that he's find her too much to deal with. As I keep saying, I couldn't ever fault Vince on his parenting ability, he was a phenomenal father and despite all the band stuff going on right now, he found a great balance between looking after Allie and working.

Tonight was a nice break from all that responsibility though, and I'm glad I agreed to this, we should do it more often than we do now, once a month maybe, we'll see, I'm not going to think about that quite yet, I'll just focus on enjoying the rest of my evening, just thinking about me and Vince cause he was the love of my life, and he always would be.

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, 28th August 1983

It was a couple of weeks later now, since that night out we had, the progress on the album was good, it almost complete by now. They just had to finalise a couple of things but they'd be done with that by the end of next week or the start of the next one after that.

They didn't need to do this, but they wanted the album to be as close to perfect as they could get, which was their choice because the band had been given a chance by the label and there was pressure for it to do good.

There was one of these final sessions tomorrow, but for today, me and Vin were at home with Alessia. She was on the floor, messing with her alphabet building blocks while me and my boyfriend were on the couch, one of his arms around my shoulders with my head resting on his collarbone.

"Why'd you parents move to New Jersey again? Seems a little far. Why couldn't your grandparents have just moved here to LA." Vince asked after they'd been a short silence between our last conversation and this one.

"Because they're old, I've told you. Honestly, it's none of your business anyway, nosy ass. My grandparents can't deal with that kinda stress, at least not while they're both alive. Moving house is stressful, we know that and we only moved forty minutes away from our old place, if you call Nikki's apartment our old place."

"I class it as our old place." Vince nods "We lived there so yeah, definitely our old place. It wasn't so bad moving from there to here, it's not like we had that much to bring over. I'm glad we got outta there though."

"We weren't left much of a choice."

"We'd have left anyways, Allie or no Allie. I wasn't gonna live with Nikki's broodiness or Tommy's insufferable snoring for any longer then necessary, having Alessia just speeded up the process."

"You wanted to get out of there? I thought you liked it."

"I did, don't get me wrong but I couldn't get that much alone time with you given we had to share rooms sometimes, well... a lot of the time. Don't tell me you don't prefer having privacy."

"I never said I don't prefer it, I just asked you a question and you answered it. Privacy is always appreciated but it's not like we never got any."

"Still not as much as I'd have liked or as much as much as we got now. Anyway, that's not the burning question."

"What's the burning question?" I wondered lifting my head and meeting my boyfriends eyes.

"The burning question is, how do you think the album's gonna do?" Vince asked as we watched Alessia play with her building blocks.

"You should already know my opinion, I think it'll do great, you've worked so hard Vinnie, I'm so proud of you... if it doesn't do good then there's something wrong with the world."

"Really? Because the more likely answer is that we just suck."

I shrugged grinning "Okay, well I wasn't going to say that but yes, that's the more likely reason."

"Gee, thanks. What happened to being supportive?" Vince mumbles.

"Hey!" I exclaimed "You're the one who took a dig at yourself first."

"You didn't need to agree, I was waiting for you to say the opposite."

"Didn't get what you wanted then, did you?"

"I hardly ever do with you. You like making things difficult for me."

"Would you love me as much if I made everything easy?" I tell the singer seductively and he just smirked, softly connecting our lips together, kissing me.

"No." He mumbles into the kiss, smiling.

"Exactly." I pointed out, running a hand through Vinnie's hair "But this album will do great, it's great music, I mean it."

"You have to say that cause you're my girl."

"No, I don't! I don't want to inflate your ego! It's big enough as it is, I wouldn't say it was good if it wasn't, it's good to me even if it's not good to anyone else. You're all too talented for it not to be good, truly."

"We can't be that great if we were barely signed, we're dropped of this disappoints. Nikki's practically shitting himself over the prospect of being dropped... I'm trying not to think about it. We've worked so hard to get here, to get dropped now would suck fuckin' ass. Even if the album doesn't do good, you guys are still opening for Ozzy next year."

"We can't bank on that, can we? The tour with Ozzy might end up depending on the success of this album."

"It won't, Ozzy picked you guys because he saw something in you, he doesn't care about record sales, he cares about the passion and how much ass you kick and you kick a lot."

"Still... what if he finds someone else to open? This could be the opportunity we've been looking for, touring with Ozzy motherfucking Osbourne. If he changes his mind then it could be career ender for us, the label are already piling the pressure on for this album. We're screwed of this doesn't go to plan."

"Be more optimistic, believe in yourselves more. You guys might not be label favourites and be risqué to them compared to some of the other bands they've signed but that doesn't mean you guys can't prove them wrong. You'll prove everyone wrong and Ozzy will be fucking lucky to have you guys opening for him. You'll hype that crowd up so much you guys will be the highlight of those shows."

"I don't think we can outshine Ozzy, I mean, he's Ozzy. He's a walking legend, we're a bunch of toddlers in comparison when it comes to experience playing shows. What if everyone hates us?"

"Nobody will hate you." I laughed softly "The music you guys make is fucking great, you're more than a match for Ozzy, and between you and me, you're a better singer than Ozzy, your vocal range has always been a highlight of your voice and it puts Ozzy's to shame."

"Okay, now I know you're just sweet talking me." Vin smirked, pecking my lips "Means a lot either way though."

"I'm telling you the truth, usually you'd agree with me and go or egotistical asshole on me, you feeling okay?" I said playfully.

"Maybe I'm not in the mood today, but I'm great baby... never better."

I hummed, rubbing my nose against the frontman's softly "I love you."

"I love you too."

Alessia at this point, seems as we weren't giving her attention and hadn't been for some time took this opportunity to remind us that she existed and grabbed one of her building blocks and throw it directly in Vin and I's direction, though it manages to miss me entirely, hitting Vince square in the face, as soon as it hit him I knew it had been Alessia because who else would it be? I just watched the red block hit Vince and fall into his lap, instantly making me place a hand over my mouth to stifle a laugh.

Vince narrowed his eyes at me before slowly looking towards our daughter, unable to not smile as he did so "Excuse me, little missy- did you just throw a block at me?"

She giggled and then threw another one which his time hit him in the chest, the girl then went to throw a third brick but Vince stopped it before it could happen "Oh, no you don't, Miss Wharton." Vin mutters fondly standing up and scooping Alessia off the floor and onto his lap as he sat back where he'd been a second ago "No more blocks are to be thrown at dada today."

Alessia just started laughing at him and reached for one of Vince's hands which he gave to her without question "Hey, why are you laughing? I'm very very angry with you. Why are you laughing?" Vince told Allie with a wide grin while the girl just continues to giggle at him, making sounds which I believe are trying to be words but she is obviously unable to speak them, so it's just excited gibberish.

She then just kinda cuddled against Vince'a torso, still holding one of his fingers in her little hand and her other hand was in her mouth looking between me and Vince, laying her head on her fathers chest now looking at me intensely.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" I said toward the girl incredulously "Dada was mine before he was yours."

Vince bit his lip holding back from laughing "I don't think she likes the fact we're giving each other attention."

"You don't say? She's not even one yet and she hates me. Every time I forget you're her favourite she has to go and remind me." I grumble, maintaining eye contact with my daughter then leant down towards her and hummed exaggeratedly at her, kissing her forehead softly "Love you."

In reply to that, Alessia let's go of Vince's finger and reached out for one of mine instead and Vinnie put the hand Allie had let go of around my shoulders pulling me closer to him, keeping Alessia close to him also.

All the guys might be nervous about this album, and I was nervous in a lot of ways for them, this meant a lot to them and for them to be dropped by Elektra if the public didn't buy into this album would knock all their confidence but I knew no matter what, Ozzy was taking them on tour with him which would get more people aware or on board with the Crüe if they hadn't heard any of their music before.

As musicians, all four of the guys were talented as all hell and that talent needed to be recognised and it would be, if it wasn't with this album it would be at some point, I had so much faith in them and I'd stand by them no matter what and always see their potential. It might not count for much in reality but it's all I could give them.

•🗝•

Kelly's POV, September 26th 1983

Today was album release day, 'Shout At The Devil' was now out for the public to listen too and give their verdict. And tonight, me and Vin were attending the album release party for it, we had just arrived after getting Sally to take Allie for the evening.

Neither of us had dresses particularly posh for this, Vin was in jeans, a white shirt and black leather jacket while I was in a black off the shoulder cocktail dress sporting my own leather jacket to match with my boyfriend. This was more of a sophisticated party than some of the other Mötley Crüe parties given this was more Doc and Doug's doing than the band themselves, however I think either way whoever the party was arranged by it wouldn't be crazy because they had a proper label now, with proper managers with contacts in the business and being total masochistic, unruly, law breaking delinquents probably wouldn't them help keep their record deal.

Upon arriving I'm not sure what I expected to happen because Vince was the frontman of the band, the main focal point for many and so he was obviously going to be in high demand and the minute we walked in, he was immediately swamped by people saying how kick ass the album is and I had to agree, it did kick ass. It was one of the best albums I'd heard from anyone in a while and it makes it even more special that Vince was apart of it.

Vinnie smiled and answered any questions that were put to him, made conversation with the label people and a few friends that were here, and I just stood there and only spoke when I was addressed because this was Vince's night more than mine.

The blonde kept his hand on my waist at all times and if I stayed silent for too long he'd find a way to worm me into talking and if nobody acknowledged me with him, Vince would introduce me to whoever it was we were talking too to make me feel included and I appreciated it although it was clear on most of the peoples faces they couldn't give a shit about me or they just kept glancing at me every now and again, finding me a nice bit of eye candy.

The only time I felt fully comfortable was when Vince got pulled away by Doc to talk with him and one of the executives of Elektra records and I spotted Nikki and told Vince I'd be with the bassist once he was finished.

Nikki seemed happy to see me and was more than happy to talk to me while Vinnie was otherwise engaged. Nikki was in good spirits tonight, he was smiling a lot and I could feel the pride radiating off him.

As anxious as he was about the public reception of this album, he was still proud of the album.

"I don't think I've seen you ever smile this much before." I state as we grabbed a couple of drinks and returned to where we'd been standing when Vince first got pulled away.

"Today's a good day, we've been working on this album for months and it's finally out for the world to listen too. It's terrifying y'know but it's exciting as fuck too."

"It is... you've all done so good on this record. It'll do good."

"You really think that?"

"Yeah, it's so controversial it'll be successful. I mean, there was much much hype around it ever since the title got released, all press is good press in this case. Religious people might hate it but that just makes kids and other rock fans like it more."

"We've only been a band for two years yet we've generated more controversy than most others do in decades."

"It's who you guys are, you're gonna be infamous, believe me. The best bit is you guys aren't insane for the sake of it, it's just who you guys are which is kinda worrying honestly, I'm just glad out of all of you Vince is the most tame."

"What about Mick?"

"Mick doesn't get in trouble in the first place so he doesn't count in my point. I'd definitely rather be with Vince than you or Tommy, you'd be too much for me to deal with all the time."

"That's mean."

"No, it isn't, it's true. At least with Vince as a dad, Alessia won't be as badly influenced as she would be by you or Tommy. The only downside of Vince as a dad is that he charms Allie against me."

"That was always going to happen, Vince could turn men gay to be honest, so, girls stand no chance. Must suck to know you're second favourite parent though, at least she gets to have a favourite... I hate both my parents so, anything is an improvement from that."

"Do you always have make light of the shit you were put through?"

Nikki smirked "Gotta do something with it and making it into a joke is the best thing I could do. It's the best way to deal with trauma, laugh at it."

"There's better ways, what happened to you wasn't funny."

"If I don't care, you shouldn't either." He dismissed "How are you finding the party anyway? I think for a party thrown by Doc and Doug it's not half bad."

"You're giving them compliments?"

"It's unheard of I know and it won't happen again but it needs to be said this isn't as soul sucking and boring as I expected it to be. I'm impressed."

"They're not totally unable to have fun, they just have fun in more moderation than you hooligans do."

"You love us really." The bassist grins, slinging an arm around my shoulders "You should come to more of our parties, you used too."

"That was before Alessia existed, it doesn't feel right pawning her off to our neighbour or Vinnie's parents... I'd rather stay at home with her than get drunk or be around drunk people. Vince still attends your parties, so you get one of us."

"It's still not the same without you."

"I didn't add much to them so you don't even notice I'm not there. Not really. Do you prefer living with me, Vin and Tommy or Robbin and the other RATT guys?"

"It's only Stephen, it's not the whole band so it's alright... not as much fun as the Mötley apartment was but it does it's job, I'll move out myself soon I think, I just like living with other people, cheaper than living alone."

"Tommy seems to make it work."

"He lives with his girl so... not the same thing. I miss having you guys around, I still see all of you regularly though so it makes it easier. I think, we'll scratch that, I know Robbin has a crush on you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you dipshit, what did I just say." Nik chuckles "Vince isn't the only guy who digs you, y'know? I'd have had a go when we first met if it wouldn't cost me my teeth and the band to even try. Robbin always asks how you are, you might have only interacted with him a few times since the start of the year or so but you made quite the impression on him."

"Should that be a concern? He wouldn't try anything would he?"

"Normally no... but when he's high, who knows? You hardly see him anyways, I think you're safe. I think the fear of Vince beating the crap outta him is enough of a deterrent not to do anything. Probably shouldn't have said anything about it, oops... just don't tell Vince unless you need too."

"Yeah, I think it's best that information stays between us. Vince'll end up seeing something that isn't there next time we Robbin otherwise."

"Kelly!" I then heard being called and looked in the direction of the voice, it was Vince's voice and I spotted him, beckoning me over to him "Come over 'ere for a minute."

I sighed and looked at Nikki "Better go see what he wants, I'll catch up with you later."

"See you later." The bassist smiled in reply allowing me to head over to my boyfriend.

"What do you want?" I say as I approached the older man who was now just stood with Doc.

"It's been over five minutes, and I didn't want to leave you with Nikki for any longer in case you had more fun with him than me."

The comment made me roll my eyes and wrap an arm around the blonde's waist "You're an ass."

"And we'll be around, see you later Doc." Vince said, addressing the manager who nodded, smiled lopsidedly and raised his drink in our direction as my boyfriend pulled us through the room and into the corner, swiping us a couple more drinks as he did so, replacing the near empty one in my hand.

When we stood still, I asked Vinnie what he spoke about with Doc and the label guy, and it was just about the album and how pleasantly surprised the record guy was by the record.

Although it seemed he liked the record didn't mean the band was safe from being dropped, it came down to record sales after all, especially when you're a band just starting to gain a large audience.

When I was filled in with the conversation, Vince asked me about what I was talking about with Nikki and I told him most of it. Then we got onto the topic of the upcoming interviews the band had and how we were going to deal with it concerning Alessia, because one of these interviews was in New York and Vin wanted my to go with him and Nikki, but I wasn't sure if Doc would be happy if I tagged along with Allie and I didn't want to leave her just to attend this interview, in the end we said we'd ask Doc and if he said no, we couldn't take Alessia then I'd just stay in LA with her.

I'd rather her be with one of me and Vince as much as possible rather than with anyone else, even if they were Vince's family or friends. I simply hated leaving Allie alone, it was bad enough for a few hours let alone what would be pretty much two days.

Me and my boyfriend discussed a couple of other things but the conversation eventually fizzled out and I just kinda looked around at everyone and felt that awkwardness again. I really didn't belong here, with Vince? Yeah, but with all these important music industry people, not so much.

"Babe? Everything okay?"

Vince's words and the slight nudge he gave me knocked me out of my thoughts "Yeah." I smiled at him assuringly.

"Sure about that?" Vince pressed, reading me like a book. Not that I expected anything less.

"I'm sure, I just kinda feel like I'm third wheeling here, y'know? I didn't do anything to deserve to be here, I'm only here to support you, and I'm happy to be here but I still feel a little uncomfortable."

"I wanted you here, like you said, you're here for me and there's nowhere else I want you to be, this about celebrating the band and I wouldn't even be in the band if you hadn't have told me to give it a chance. All this..." Vince said gesturing around, then placed his arm around my shoulders "Is because of you. I love you, more than anything and I owe everything to you." kissing the side of my head once he'd finished talking.

And I leant into his side, sighing softly "You're a sap and I totally adore you for it."

"Don't say that too loudly, I have a reputation to uphold."

"Of course, wouldn't want to embarrass you in front of your friends, would I?" I grin "Am I allowed to kiss you or isn't that macho enough for you?"

"I think that can pass." Vin shrugs, leaning toward me and capturing my lips against his for a few seconds, muttering when we separate "You're more than I deserve."

"No, I'm not. You deserve the world Vin, really you do."

"I don't want the world if I have you, you're a worthy equivalent."

I blush a little at the compliment "Vinnie."

"It's true, I've got no reason to lie, there's nothing I mean more."

"What happened to upholding your fearsome reputation?" I murmured bashfully.

"Fearsome is a little bit of a stretch and nobody else is around... I think I'm safe."

"If you're sure about that.... I'm really proud of you." I say looking back at my boyfriend, while sipping on my champagne.

Vince hums "Yeah? How proud exactly?"

"Oh, wouldn't you just love to find that out?" I winked at him.

A evil chuckle sounded from the blonde "Don't do that cause I'll make sure you get so drunk, which'll be easy given you hardly drink anymore then you'll tell me exactly what I want to know."

"But that ruins the fun."

"Not for me it doesn't. Don't challenge me, cause you know I always win."

I didn't have any doubt about that. I was really proud of Vince for this album, and that pride would never stop being there, all of them had proved that they were passionate and although were a lot to deal with sometimes, they were dedicated to their music.

They deserved success on their passion alone and something told me that although their uncertain about this album, it would defy their expectations and launch them into a place they'd been dreaming of.

•🗝•

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

10.8K 693 30
โ ๐ˆ'๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ฒ. โž ๐ˆn which a bartender unapologetically falls...
89 3 3
In the vibrant yet gritty rock scene of the early 80's, Nikki Sixx, a bassist with a troubled past, and Tommy Lee, a free-spirited drummer, find one...
3.9K 77 17
"Mickey im 19 years old now, my father died at seven and a half, i dont want to live in a hole anymore." MOTLEY CRUE FANFIC!!
122K 2.9K 60
The year is 1992, it's been 9 years since Carly and Nikki have gone their separate ways. Through that time, Carly and Nikki's life has drastically ch...