Changing The Course of Fate

Oleh thepremedstud

The century's prodigy in music, Eliam Schneider was a successful college student. He was admired by a lot of... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Promise
Chapter 2 - Western Area
Chapter 3 - Badge
Chapter 4 - Haircut
Chapter 5 - Meeting Them
Chapter 6 - Crown Prince
Chapter 7 - The Thought of Magic
Chapter 8 - Reminisce
Chapter 9 - Prodigy?
Chapter 10 - Design
Chapter 11 - Prince Faust
Chapter 12 - First Performance
Chapter 13 - Reconciled
Chapter 14 - As It Begins
Chapter 15 - The Mark of a New Beginning
Chapter 16 - The Mark of a New Beginning (2)
Chapter 17 - The Mark of a New Beginning (3)
Chapter 19 - A Beautiful Contrast
Chapter 20 - Dine with the Family
Chapter 21 - The Invitation
Chapter 22 - The Invitation (2)
Chapter 23 - The Invitation (3)
Chapter 24 - Pier's Silly Plan
Chapter 25 - Attack Spell
Chapter 26 - The World is Cruel, Don't You Think?
Chapter 27 - Against Me, You Say?
Chapter 28 - The Boy With a Small Guitar
Special Chapter - Ten Thousand
Chapter 29 - Realizations, Rejection, and Admissions
Chapter 30 - Guilty Conscience
Chapter 31 - The Crown Prince's Letter
Chapter 32 - The Crown Prince's Letter (2)
Chapter 33 - The Fall of an Earldom
Chapter 34 - The Fall of an Earldom (2)
Chapter 35 - Caspian Von Edenburgh
Special Chapter (35.5) - Reflection
Chapter 36 - Obsession
Chapter 37 - Completely Changed
Chapter 38 - A Knight's Stand
Chapter 39 - "I am your knight, Gideon!"
Chapter 40 - Irrational
Chapter 41 - Gideon's Present
Chapter 42 - Prince of the Forbidden Snow
Chapter 43 - How to Become a King 101
Chapter 44 - Terror in the Night of Winter
Chapter 45 - Obsession Intensified
Chapter 46 - The Perpetrator's Act
Special Chapter - What Happened?
Chapter 47 - Wish Upon a Star
Chapter 48 - Inches Closer
Chapter 49 - Asher Lumiere
Special Chapter - Pierderella
Chapter 50 - Preparation
Chapter 51 - Charm of the Evening's Delight
Chapter 52 - Gifts
Chapter 53 - A Missing Part of You
Chapter 54 - The Crown Prince's Confession
Chapter 55 - Hysterical
Chapter 56 - Gorgeously Tired
Chapter 57 - Retribution
Chapter 58 - Façade Underneath
Insert - Story Promotion
Chapter 59 - Resolve
Chapter 60 - Duel
Chapter 61 - Nightfall
Chapter 62 - Conflicted
Chapter 63 - Closer
Chapter 64 - Prodigy of the Sword
Chapter 65 - Closer (2)
Chapter 66 - Revelations
Chapter 66.5 - Bliss
Chapter 67 - Threat
Chapter 68 - Lunatic
Chapter 69 - I Do Like You
Chapter 70 - Better Than You
Chapter 71 - Repentance
Chapter 72 - Lust
Special Chapter - Lessons
Chapter 73 - What a Wonderful World
Chapter 74 - Before the Day
Chapter 75 - Entertainment
Chapter 76 - Entertainment (2)
Chapter 77 - Rampage
Chapter 78 - Rampage (2)
Chapter 79 - Rampage (3)
Chapter 80 - Cookies
Chapter 81 - Awakening
Chapter 82 - Confrontation
Chapter 83 - Terrified
Chapter 84 - The Knight and His Master
Chapter 85 - Frustrated
Chapter 86 - Munchkin
Chapter 87 - Rampage (4)
Chapter 88 - Guardian
Chapter 89 - Rampage (5)
Chapter 90 - First Dance
Chapter 91 - Reveal
Chapter 92 - End
Special Chapter - Q and A
Sneak Peek: Second Book
Second Book: Lost in the Path of Fate

Chapter 18 - Dancing Under the Moonlight

23.2K 1.4K 361
Oleh thepremedstud

Validation? no, the purpose of Pier's performance was not to ask for everyone's approval. Rather, it was for him to please one of Pier's longing desires. He continuously saw how Pier wanted to perform well in the Royal Banquet but his lack of talent was the problem. Eliam simply wanted to satisfy the dreams Pier wanted to achieve.

And he was able to make the first step.

After his majestic performance, Pier bowed and the endless cheers and claps continued until the king himself spoke.

"Wonderful! Such wonderful talent, my child!" Pier could tell that the king was filled with happiness. He bowed and thanked King Henry who was still smiling widely at the young noble.

As Pier got back in his designated seat, which was with his friends, the nobles he passed were trying to strike up a conversation with him.

"That was excellent, young master!"

"May I invite the young master to our gathering?"

"Young master, this is my son..."

"Young master, this is my daughter..." and so on

In a single performance, people's view of Pier started to gradually change. They thought that he would once well do badly in the banquet but Pier did the other way around and it was to say the most unexpected twist in this evening's event. He was able to produce a performance that was one of the best in the kingdom's long history.

Pier answered them all. Those that complimented him were given thanks, those that invited him to gatherings were told he would if he could, and those that introduced their children were simply thanked but were never accepted.

In contrast with Pier, Eliam was not a fan of such feelings. In his past life, he could not afford to deal with such emotions in the first place given how he had multiple things to handle at once. He also did not have a good impression of it in the first place. His parents, who were arranged in marriage did not have that kind of feelings. They treated each other as business partners instead of husband and wife and viewed Eliam as an investment.

Eliam did not want to deal with those. If the right time would come then it would, but right now what he wanted to do the most is to live life to its fullest with nothing holding him back.

As he got back in his seat with Raphael and Vivian, they immediately bombarded him with questions and remarks. Especially Vivian.

"Young master! That was such a beautiful performance!" She was brimming with excitement as she greeted Pier. What she saw was the epitome of talent itself and she thought that it was the best performance she had ever seen and heard. Her impression and admiration for Pier went up multiple levels after that.

"Thank you, Lady Vivian. I have practiced multiple times for that" Raphael who heard Pier's response simply raised his eyebrow.

No, what Pier did was simply practice for a single day, and even during that time, he practiced the songs of the kingdom with ease. He even goofed around with Raphael when they were supposedly practicing.

"You're continuously surprising me, Pier," he said as he smiled at Pier. His handsome and shining face blinded Pier.

'He's too handsome!' Pier thought before dismissing his immature thoughts and answering Raphael.

"Expect more." He said and winked suggestively. Raphael's face reddened slightly at the action as he suddenly became a little bit embarrassed. Vivian who saw this looked at the two with a calculating gaze.

Pier was hungry. He forgot to eat after having all of these preparations for the Royal Banquet back in the mansion and so without caring about anything else in his surroundings, he started eating the delicious food that was served by the servants.

---

"Ah, my ears have been blessed by the gods!" The king sighed happily as he conversed with the other high-ranking nobles who work under him. They were talking about Pier's amazing performance up until this moment. Even though the king had already seen Pier play beautifully once, what he did in tonight's Royal Banquet was perfection.

"I agree, my king! I did not know Young Master Pier had possessed such talents!" A noble who supported the king even when he was still a prince commented. King Henry nodded his head in agreement.

"I agree as well. It sounded like the gods of music had reincarnated himself!" Pier was being compared to a god right now. If he were to hear this, he would surely faint at the shock people were saying.

"Such talents that are comparable to the genius of the previous centuries should never be wasted, your majesty!" The compliments just kept coming and one person was getting irritated more and more as the words of praise reached her ears. Especially that she was sitting with the crown prince who had been long silent after Pier's performance.

Asher was only staring at the food served in front of him. The luxurious utensils were left untouched and the food was starting to get cold. He could feel it. Pier's performance itself was astounding but what he felt other than amazement and happiness was an unexplainable heavy feeling.

Pier did not even make any eye contact with him during the performance but he felt like Pier was staring directly at him as he pressed the keys of the piano. He was unsure of what to say.

It felt like Pier was trying to take someone's burden off his own shoulders. Asher felt weird with the sensation. He could not fathom how it affected him directly. He continued to stare at his food for a few more minutes when someone touched his arm.

"Are you not feeling well, your highness?" Her copper blonde hair was shining under the lights and her green dress that complimented it well was enough to make her beauty shine.

Asher simply nodded his head at Elena. Her soft and warm hands gave him comfort. However, such comfort did not last. From time to time, Pier's image would come into his mind and that unpleasant feeling would return. He could not think of anything to resolve such feeling.

'Should I see him?' Truthfully, Asher wanted to meet with Pier and discuss things with him. He wanted their relationship to be on the better side after Pier did somehow proves he does not want to be with him anymore. He also had a feeling that the heavy feeling he's getting was because of Pier and he needs to resolve this immediately.

--

Pier was eating a piece of the highest quality steak served in the Royal Banquet when someone called him

"Pier." It was Raphael. He was already done eating even though he had way more food than Pier when they started eating. Pier chewed on the piece of meat like a small child and Raphael chuckled at this.

"You're still as messy as ever, young master" Raphael told him and Pier scrunched his eyebrows in retort. He was just hungry; he couldn't help it that he was almost late for the Banquet and forgot to eat even the snacks that the family chef made.

"I'm hungry, Raph. Don't disturb me," He said and Raphael let out another snicker. Raphael liked this, he thought that he would never get the chance to talk and redeem himself to Pier but look at what's happening right now, they're able to freely converse without the use of any proper and strict etiquette as if they were once closed.

"Will you come to the Duchy?" Raphael asked. Pier stopped eating for a moment and thought about Raphael's proposal. It had been around two years since Pier had visited the Sentinio Duchy and that was the time that he had the marriage talks with Raphael's family. He was quite unsure of what to do.

"I'll think about it." He was also... well, not nervous but more like cautious of how Raphael's parents would react to him visiting the Duchy. They were looking forward to the alliance between the Belmiunde and the Sentinio Duchy but Pier broke the marriage talks off as he was still infatuated with Asher.

"Then I will wait for your response, Pier," Raphael said and Pier simply nodded before biting off another small piece of the steak.

When Pier was done eating, he was glad that he no longer was hungry. Instead, he walked towards one of the windows of the Banquet Hall and peeked outside.

It was probably around nine in the evening now and the Banquet will end at around twelve. Pier simply stared outside. The garden of the Royal Palace was filled with lights. The mellow tune of the orchestra filled his ears as the moonlight cast over his face.

The place was calming. The chatter of the nobles around him was filtered out and he could hear their faint laughs and the sound of utensils as they eat. It was just like the gatherings Eliam attended in the higher society. Businessmen and people with great influence would gather and he, along with his family would be one of the main people in it.

"May I ask the young master's hand for a chance to dance with me?" Pier turned his head to the person who asked him. His golden hair was shining brilliantly against the lights inside the Royal Palace. It was really eye-catching.

Pier hesitated. He was unsure of his dancing skills because even though he was taught in his past life and knew moderately, the body in which he was occupying now never had the chance to dance well. This was because Pier would either reject or not get asked around since the sole person he wanted to dance with was Asher. He also did not interest any of the ladies around the banquet thus, giving him no experience with dancing.

Faust noticed Pier's hesitation and reassured Pier.

"It will be fine, young master. I will take the lead and you will simply have to follow me." Pier looked at Faust's hand which was waiting for his approval. He sighed before placing his hand in Faust's and the two made their way to the center of the Banquet Hall.

People who saw the two walking towards the center of the Banquet Hall gasped inwardly. The second prince of the Empire was about to dance with the young master from the Belmiunde Household!

Pier wondered why the nobles were making such a fuss over them and looked at Faust. However, the handsome prince simply smiled at him as they arrived at the center of the Banquet Hall. The lights dimmed once more and the music from the orchestra stopped for a moment before another melodious tone was starting to play.

"Please pardon me if I ever step on your feet." Pier was already asking for pardon in case he steps on the royalty's feet. However, Faust only assured him again.

"It was my request to dance with the young master then I shall take responsibility." Pier was pretty sure that the prince in front of him had surely captured the hearts of all the ladies in the empire as well as the kingdom.

"Then, I will entrust the lead to his highness." He smiled. Pier placed his hands on Faust's shoulders and Faust placed his hands on Pier's waist.

The two started dancing along with the music.

The sweet music was perfect as they both swayed along with it. Faust held Pier's waist firmly as they both danced under the moonlight. People were in awe watching the two. Prince Faust's golden hair and Pier's dark ones were contrasting each other perfectly and both were smiling as they swayed along with the music.

"Such a lovely pair!" One could not help but admire the two. They looked like they both straight came out of the fantasy romance stories that were popular amongst the commoners and nobility. Faust was well-versed in dancing, his skills were top-notch as he was a royal from the Belmaid Empire was not to scoff at. Pier on the other hand was trying to match Faust's skills.

"Prince Faust sure is good at dancing," Pier complimented as they both held each other's places firmly. They swayed along with the beautiful music and Faust smiled at the compliment Pier gave him.

"That would apply to the young master as well. You are keeping up well with me," He teased Pier and the latter simply blushed like a tomato at the compliment the prince gave but smiled after nonetheless.

They both continued to dance under the twilight.

Faust held Pier with care and firmness. His hands felt tingly from the warmth Pier's body emanated even through the suit he was wearing. Prince Faust looked at the smiling noble he was dancing with.

Pier's pale face and his dark hair were so beautiful to look at that he could not help but tighten his hold on the young master's waist. Ever since he met Pier on his way out from the throne room of the king, he had been thinking about Pier multiple times a day.

It was his first time seeing someone talk to him without having the need to fear or tremble. Maybe because Pier did not know him but he had heard rumors about people saying that the prince gives off an incredibly scary aura. That was the reason why a lot of people were afraid of him.

But Pier simply talked as if they were friends from the beginning. He liked that; Faust liked that very much. He did not even know that he would be interested in the same sex but he did not fret at the thought for long. Pier was an exception he would make.

'Not to mention, he's really good at everything he does.' From conversing with other nobles to performing his tasks, Pier was the perfect person to get himself closer to. He thought that Pier had a very high potential to be a good partner for him.

Partner

The thought of partners was a headache for him. His father, the emperor was continuously nagging at him to get married already but the noble ladies who showed potential did not interest him. It was because they covet the first and the crowned prince of the empire. Sure, a few would try to get closer to him but people would usually attach themselves more to the person who had greater influence.

The next emperor, his brother.

Faust cleared his unnecessary thoughts and focused on Pier who was busy trying to match his steps. He laughed and held him closer. Pier, who was surprised at the sudden action flinched.

He did not mind the closeness because he thought that the prince was simply trying to help him balance his movements. Faust on the other hand was enjoying his time dancing with Pier. It felt like all of his worries and stress were dissipating into nothingness.

When the music ended, they both distanced themselves before bowing at each other as a sign of gratitude. The nobles once more clapped their hands at the pair who will surely reach the headlines of the newspapers tomorrow.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.1M 99.3K 200
How does one appease the wrath of another? Memories and feelings created a terrible sense of hate towards the people who made the original owner of h...
1.5M 46.2K 59
A BL fiction about how a boy entered the imperial harem to replace his sister and end up having the Emperor fall for him
298K 9.6K 33
Anneline Barker, happily married to Cameron Barker and living her day-to-day life with smiles and a positive attitude. She loves her job and loves be...
33.2K 1.5K 16
Fantasy land series #1 Lhathron king of the elven kingdom Thelinora, Will meet a human who was transported into his world. that meeting will tu...