NADIYA'S STRUGGLE

By _maryamabba

Nadiya, a teenager who grew up and was unaware that her father existed. First her mother abandoned her, then... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 11

63 8 7
By _maryamabba

We meet again after a very long time.
I'm sorry I'm disappointing y'all.
Dedicated to asmee121❤️❤️

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Indeed past is gone and will never return. Many people are happy presently because they've had a rough past. Some are extremely sad as they're facing alot of difficulty presently, but their past was smooth. To some, both the past and the present was not gentle.

But in this case, she wished she could turn back time and erase all that happened in order to start afresh and live a normal and fantastic life. She still couldn't believe it's been eighteen years since she last saw him. He has caused nothing but pain into her life. She wished she never knew him to begin with and all this would not have happened....

Her angel is away from her. It's been two years now and it feels like infinity. She can't access her own daughter and whenever she calls her aunt to speak with her daughter, she gives her baseless excuses. It is evident that her daughter doesn't want to speak with her.

Oh how she misses her! She knows that her daughter hates her a bit... Or even more. She has many reasons to hate her though. If only she knew what she, herself is going through right now and how she wants to tackle the situation and get her daughter back and live a normal and happy life with her. But she can't. She just can't.

Definitely, she will do anything in her power to see her daughter and tell her exactly what's going on. To tell her that her life is in danger. Not only her, but the both of them. Even if it means booking a flight to Abuja right now! This is a matter of her daughter's life.

___'•'•'•'___

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Things are going smoothly so far. Exams is over and they're into new semester. She can't be more happier. Though level one's exams and the stress was not at all easy but they've passed it and are now in level two. They just hope level two should be different though.

Last year's holiday was very long as it joined with lockdown. It was very boring at home though Nadiya got to visit Zaliha. Sometimes for sleepover but still. And Khadijah at home, it couldn't get more boring; her noisemaking and all.

And yes, she won't stop disturbing Nadiya about her lecturer who's in love with her. Until now, their relationship is still hanging. She still haven't given him her reply. He always calls her and disturb not only her, but Nadiya also. But she enjoys it when Khadijah comes to her about her issues because it makes her feel happy and proud that she trusts.

•^•^•^•

It's been two years now and yet, he's finding it hard to pure out his feelings for her. He's scared she might reject him but then again, he's a man and he has to make a step first.

Moreover, she won't rush into his arms like a beloved should knowing fully well that she has no idea about his feelings. Heck, she doesn't even look at him. Especially when exams approached, he hardly ever get a chance to look at her, talkless of speaking to her.

Though sometimes, he gets the courage to talk to her about nothing and he's sure she knows him now. With the shyness and all, but still he's glad he communicated with her.

And darn, he has only one year in the University before he graduates and he really needs to bond with her or more like, have a relationship with her. He's going to do that soon and, very soon!

He's having lectures by 9am prompt and he need not be late as Mr Phillips likes punctuality otherwise, you won't be allowed in. To avoid that, he woke up by 7am and quickly headed to the bathroom to shower. After doing that, he went straight to the mirror to apply a Vaseline and he also comb his hair as it grew longer than before because he didn't barb it.

He got dress into his uniform; a black jacket atop white shirt with a black jeans, wearing his black polished men's loafer. He took his bag and is set to go. Yeah, after eating breakfast.

He got out from his room and headed to the dining room only to find his family already seated, prolly waiting for him. Yeah, his family wake up so early because everyone has something to do.

Alhaji Buba his dad, is a renowned surgeon who is fifty years old. He hardly spends time with them all as he's busy with his work. He sometimes returns midnight because of his work. And by God's grace, any injured patient he operates, they come out fine and well. He always tells his family that he loves his job because looking at people who were once in tears turned out to smile all because of you is a blessing.

Albeit he looks old now, but he's as strong as a thirty year old. It's quite possible because his work is like exercise looking at how he fetch this, fetch that in the operation theatre though sometimes there are nurses around but he says he doesn't trust them in giving him the right tools because they might make mistake of giving the wrong tool and him being a focused person, might not see as he's eager to operate in order to save live. And when he's done, he will leave the room to inform the family of the patient about the condition of their family. He doesn't joke with his work and that's how he became a successful and professional surgeon.

On the other hand is his mother, Hajiya Maami who is a well-known and a successful lawyer. She is forty years old but is as young as a twenty-three year old. Sometimes people think his mother and Hikmah are sisters. Umar is very proud of his mother because of how she takes extreme cases and later win it. That's one of the reasons he decides to become like his mother. She also hardly spends time with them because she's always with a case which needs her attention as it's very important for her to deal with it.

Lastly is the last born of the house, Hikmah who is twenty years old and is in level two at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria studying Sociology. She is a very smart person and jovial as well. She also likes teasing her family about silly things making the family fizzy. She's a pampered child as she's the last born and gets whatever she wants. She loves her family alot especially Umar, who she considers like her best friend and likes teasing him alot. Umar is five years older than her but it doesn't matter to her, however she respects him alot.

You could tell that Umar's family are sophisticated enough, they have it!

"Oh my boy is here!" Umar's mother said making them all turn to look at him.

"Good morning Mom, Good morning dad." Umar greeted while adjusting his chair to sit and have breakfast.

"Morning Umar." They reciprocated at the same time, mom started serving breakfast.

"Good morning big bro!" Hikmah greeted with enthusiasm while munching the toasted bread served by mom.

"Morning lil sis. Why are you up so early? Are you having class?" Umar asked while allowing his mom to serve him.

"Yes, 9am." She answered briefly. She couldn't talk much as her mouth is filled with food. A bad habit which she can't live without.

"Okay let's finish this food so I can drop you. I also have 9am lecture and it's already 8:30." He said while sipping tea.

"No worries bro. I'll just go with my car as I have somewhere to go after my class." She said while adjusting her veil. She's wearing a pink and white flowered ankara gown that is flay and a headgear which is turned into a turban already made. She's not a fan of tying a head tie, so she prefers it to be already made. She has her white crinkled veil covering from her shoulder to her back and a black wedge. She's already tall and chubby but she loves wedges all the time. Her face has a red lipstick and a brown powder she applied which shines her face as she's fair, then a kohl on her eyes.

"Okay then." Umar said and stood up to get ready. "Mom, dad, I'm going." He informed.

"Okay dear, I wish you success." His mom replied.

"Take care son." Alhaji Buba said.

"Thanks." He answered and Hikmah also stood up, did the same thing and they bid them adieu. She took her small designer bag and left straight to her car.

Umar entered his Mercedes Benz, turn on the ignition and drove off. While Hikmah entered her tinted Navy blue Corolla and drove off. Not before turning the AC and the music on.

Hello fam/Assalamu Alaykum

How are y'all doing?

What will you say about Umar's family? Especially Hikmah, who loves her already? Trust me she's sweet!

Please vote and comment 😩
FOLLOW ME PLEASE👉😖👈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 1.6K 30
"Leave me alone! Please don't do this to me. I will do whatever you want, but please don't rape me. Please don't do this to me. Help me!" Ruqayya cri...
68.9K 7.1K 72
Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that way. At the age of fourteen, her life cha...
Reunited By ryuibfr

General Fiction

282K 11K 29
She had always felt like an out cast, she knew her family hated her but she didn't understand why. maybe it was because they never truly wanted her...
971 255 17
COMPLETED An attack that lead to loss of lives, destruction of bright futures and a merry chase just to find to 'runaway' daughter. Not your everyday...