Veins and Wires // Peter Park...

By Always_sane

H.A.I.L.E.Y. Or formally known as Humanoid Artificial Intelligence of Latency Experiment Youth is, as you gue... More

//Cast//
Prologues and Introductions
Teenage Rebellion Is Healthy, Guys
The First and Official Meeting
Goodbyes and Greetings
Cops and Robbers
Field Trips and Fails
Dumb Plans and Dumber Fails
Ditching and Detention
Grounded and Imprisoned
Hell and Homecoming
Emotions and Confessions
Reunions and Rehiring
Back To Life and Normality
Talks and Threats
Puppy-uh...Adoration?
Naps and Nagging
Squidward Sucks and So Do You
Gaslight, Gatekeep, and Girlbosses
Wars and Reunions
Therapy and Thinking
Publicity and Charity
An Actress and An Aunt
Auntie Hailey and Amnesia
Missiles and Bigger Messes
Move Ins and Found Out
Morning, Darling
Jealousy, Jealousy
Tours and Detours
Sick Days and Sarcasm
Moments and Missed Calls
In-Flights and Inside Chats
Angry Waters and Weird Heroes
Kooks and Bitterness
Naps and Kidnaps
Weirdness and Rage
Death and Ditching
Destruction and Realization
Holograms and Hallcinations
Seperation and Savings
Let's Split Up And Look For Clues
Endings and Beginnings
New Teams and Explanations
Talks and Texts
Loose Ends That End Badly
Dating Peter Parker Would Include:
WHAT THE FU-
Get Through and Get Over It
I Love You and We Need To Break Up
Disappointment and Doom
Cute Shit Cause I'm Bored and Lonely
Hentai Monsters and Heinous Ideas
Scooby-Doo Shit and Electric Triplet
Deals and Disasters
It All Goes To Hell and Back
Unexpected Visitors and Friends
Final Fights and Finales
Goodbyes and Good Riddance
Endings and Erased
Stories and... Sorcery?
Bloopers and Gag Reels
Talks and Texts PT. 2

Poor Planning and Poor Decisions

137 3 0
By Always_sane

Sorry this is so sloppy, there's so many jump cuts it gets a little messy writing them

"So how do magnets get you drunk?" Jimmy asked as we drove to Monica's contacts location. I stared at him, debating whether to give in or snap at him. I sighed.

Instead of corrupting files, strong magnets corrupt my processor and without my processor I can't process things which leaves me like a big drunk baby. Of course S.W.O.R.D. and S.H.I.E.L.D. instantly took that to their advances and created their very own magne-cuffs. The ones I had on had stronger magnets but weaker metal while S.H.I.E.L.D. was the opposite with weaker magnets that took a while to affect me but were almost impossible to get out of. And everyone wonders why I'm so bitter at the two.

"Since I'm an android, magn-"

"You mean synthezoid, right?" Monica asked, giving me a weird look.

"No...I'm an android," I replied as I shared her weird look.

"No...you're a synthezoid."

"I think I know what I am," I laughed at her guts to correct me on what I am.

"Hailey, you're closer to looking like a human than an android would be, are man-made and are made with synthetic material. You're a synthezoid. The only reason you think you're just an android is because your...father didn't even know what he created when you were made," she reasoned making me stare at her. As I froze and stared at her, she looked into her rear view mirror and took a double take.

"Jimmy. Jimmy, do you see that?" Monica piped up causing me and Jimmy to look behind us. The red barrier surrounding the town in the distance started expanding rapidly, so much so even we could tell.

"Something's happening! It's moving! Go, go!" I felt the car speed up as I watched the force field expand and crackle helplessly. Why would Wanda expand her border? She's clearly straining her powers enough as it is so why would she add onto it?

"Darcy made it through that last firewall, all right," Jimmy announced looking down at his phone as we waited for Monica's transportation to arrive.

"Oh, what'd she find?" Monica asked looking over his shoulder to his phone with me mimicking her.

"RnD reports. All on the same project. Code name, Cataract."

"Cataract?" I questioned mostly to myself and scanned the reports on his device.

"Hayward wasn't decommissioning Vision. He was trying to bring him back online. Nothing worked until... Wanda stole Vision's body," Monica realized as she stared at the reports, stunned.

"That's why he was so focused on tracking Vision inside the Hex. Hayward wants his sentient weapon back." I felt like I was going to be sick. I knew that's what he was planning from the beginning but actually hearing it... it was disgusting. I straightened myself up and reconfigured, knowing I had to push all my feeling down to get the job done and in control.

"Oh my golly geez, who could have predicted that?"

"Final checks. We're all set, Captain," Major Goodner informed as I went through my notifications, displaying them on a hologram I created from my projector installed in my left wrist. Technology in its full glory aka me.

"Thank you," Monica said gratefully as she stared in victory at the ten-thousand pound vehicle. I spotted a dozen missed texts from Peter in my pile of notifications and opened them only to find...

Webs🕸❤️
Mon, Oct 16, 2:37 PM

Webs🕸❤️
Wed, 1:53 PM

Webs🕸❤️
Thu, 4:52 PM

Webs🕸❤️
Sat, 10:53 AM

Webs🕸❤️
Yesterday, 1:21 PM

Wires💙
Stfu I have to act all serious rn and you are not helping

Wires💙
...and I love you too loser. I will explain everything when I get back but I promise I am not dead or kidnapped 💖

I closed my hand, closing the hologram and stepped next to the group admiring the war vehicle.

"Darcy's not here to give her stamp of approval," Jimmy said sadly.

"She'd probably say 'this is totally overkill but awesome anyway,'" I figured causing Jimmy to nod silently in agreement.

"She's in there and I'm gonna go get her out. It's our last shot," Monica vowed with determination making me slightly impressed with her heroism but frustrated. I should be the one going in, the one who helps Wanda and save the others but since Wanda added her own little touch the the energy field my powers are useless. For example, if I tried to go in I would transformed into a toaster since I am not a 'living thing.'

"Godspeed, Captain," Jimmy nodded as Monica put in her helmet completing her 'tacky astronaut' look. She went to load up in the vehicle as Jimmy and I took our places next to Major Goodner.

"And you are sure this thing is going to work? I mean Wanda is literally powered by an infinity stone," I asked with a raised eyebrow in doubt at Goodner.

"Nothing is going to harm Monica. This is our most heavily-armored space rover and we've done the calculations. This is going to work, easy," she comforted confidently but I just stared at her.

"Again...infinity stone," I emphasized but she just did a com check with Monica.

"On your order, Captain."

"Moving out," Monica announced, driving the rover towards the barrier.

"Contact in five, four, three... two, one." The rover slammed into the force field as the tires squealed in anger that they weren't getting anywhere. Shit.

"What happened to sailing right through?"

"The density is matching her," Goodner realized when she watched the screens in front of her.

"I'm close. It's gonna give!" Monica exclaimed as I leaned over my com urgently when I realized the rover was failing.

"Monica, it's a magical, deadly force field not a pair of skinny jeans. Get out of there," I demanded into my com as I watched the screens flash red with warning.

"The structural integrity is failing. It's disintegrating!" Goodner informed as she went back and forth between screens to try to figure out what was happening. We watched helplessly as the force field started to slowly absorb the vehicle with Monica in it.

"No, it's being rewritten. Monica, get out of there!" Jimmy exclaimed into his mic desperately as he tried to reach her. Finally we could see her pop up from the top of the rover just before the rover was pushed back from the force field and flew a hundred feet away.

"Monica! Get a medivac, now!" Jimmy commanded as Monica looked at us before she turned towards the barrier, contemplating.

"Monica, don't you dare," I warned through my com, knowing what she was thinking.

"No. No," Jimmy muttered when he realized what was happening.

"I can get through," she answered with determination before running full speed toward the barrier, ignoring our protests.

"Monica! No!"

"Monica!"

Chaos irrupted from Monica's team the moment she entered the town, everyone trying to bring her back. After an hour of trying to reach in some way, I gave up looking for another way to get to her. There was only way we could save Monica and Wanda and the thousands of people trapped there.

"I'm going in there," I decided and started levitating off the ground, preparing to fly away but Jimmy stopped me.

"You can't," he protested and grabbed my wrist to stop me even though I could have easily ripped his hand away.

"I can and I will."

"You'll change into-well anything! You could change into literally anything! You're staying here," Jimmy demanded making me stare down at him.

"Wanda wouldn't do that to me, she wouldn't let it happen, I know that. Who knows what Hayward is planning to do to get Vision and probably me while he's at it but whatever it is it is not going to be good. I need to be there to fight with them, no matter what," I argued stubbornly. Jimmy opened his mouth to argue again but stopped when we heard tires move in closer to us. We looked up and saw trucks pull up with agents pouring out of them, running at us with the S.W.O.R.D. logo plastered on everything.

"I have to go. Now," I demanded causing Jimmy look at me with hesitation before letting my wrist go.

"Good luck, Circuit," he said causing me to nod with a thankful smile. Before the agents could get to us I tapped my nanoparticle house twice on my chest making them engulf my body in my suit. I raised my hood to my head and before the agents could reach us I flew towards the barrier at full speed, not afraid of what might happen to me.

Ow.

That is all I'm going to say about that traumatic experience.

I flew around the town, trying to find Wanda in the town with thousands of others. I thought it was going to be difficult until I saw Agnes in a witches costume from party city flying to Wanda, a pure white figures fighting Vision in the sky, and another white figure flying to Wanda with Agatha.

Well this is going to be fun.

I flew down in front of Wanda making the white figure stop and look down at me. It, or she I realized, cocked her head to the right, staring or was she analyzing me?

"Well, well, well! Auntie Hailey to the rescue!" Agnes mocked from the top of the building but I didn't even glance at her as I stared in suspended disbelief at my...twin? Er...albino twin?

"Two against one seems hardly fair, don't you think? Or do you two even have the ability to think?" I asked softly feeling like the air was kicked out of my nonexistent lungs. They did it. S.W.O.R.D. really did it.

"Wanda Maximoff must be neutralized. You must be destroyed," my albino twin stated emotionlessly as she practically stared right through me. And then she pounced, zipping through the air with a ready fist to connect to my face but I stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"Mmm... is there by any chance an option B? 'Cause I don't think that's going to work for me," I quipped throwing her to the ground, away from us. I looked at Wanda.

"Hey darling. I see things have uh...changed around here since I left but not the thing that actually needs to change," I glanced up at the hex energy field.

"I can fix it. I am going to fix it," she answers, genuinely, making me nod as I gave her a supportive but sad smile.

"Good. Now if you will excuse me, ladies," I farewelled with a sarcastic salute before charging at the albino version of me making her fly up to the sky to avoid the townspeople.

"Wanda Maximoff must be neutralized. You must be destroyed," she said in a monotone voice as we locked our arms together, trying to push each other down.

"Yeah, you've said that," I snapped and kicked her away. I noticed the hex start to dissolve around us making me pierce my lips in grief, knowing Vision and the poor kids are going to have to dissolve as well. All I want is for it to be painless which is unlikely.

I tried to swoop below her and go from the behind and hit her where it hurts but she was just as fast as me. Her fist collided with my stomach, shoving me away from her but I quickly reconfigured and slammed my fist into her neck.

"You don't have to listen to them! You can have your own choice in this," I proposed making her look at me in the eyes.

"My mission is to destroy Wanda Maximoff and H.A.I.L.E.Y."

"You don't have to follow it, trust me! If...If you and me are the same and S.W.O.R.D. programmed you to be like me or I guess how...how my father tried to program me then you know you can be more than this. That you are more than this!" I shouted with determination, having empathy for this version of me as I knew what it was like to be a machine used for egotistical mens plans. She cocked her head at me again and for one single, blissful moment I thought I had gotten through to her.

And then I was slammed down to the concrete. I groaned before getting up, noticing I was interrupting a family reunion and Agnes's taunts.

"Hailey!"

"Are you okay?"

The twins exclaimed with relief from their parents hug, thankful that I hadn't died which was a shared feeling. Wanda, Vision, and I share a look mixed with relief, exhaustion, and sorrow which is not a very nice mixture.

"Boys! You're in one piece, yay!" I observed with exasperation and pain from the fall. Before I could officially reunite with the not-so-happy family Agnes rudely interrupted us as she chanted some kind of spell and tried to blast us with it.

"No!" Wanda created a magic shield but it disappears with a wave of Agnes hands making Wanda's turn old and grey (it's spelled grey not gray, you hillbillies).

"Wanda?"

"Mom, are you okay?" Billy asks causing Wanda to nod hesitantly as an answer.

"How sweet," Agnes mocks as she flies around us, cackling like the most stereotypical witch ever.

"Um, dad? Hailey?" Tommy calls with fear laced in his voice and his eyes trained on something behind me. Vision and I whip our heads around to be greeted with our albino twins hovering nearby, preparing to attack. I then see S.W.O.R.D. convoys arrive at the single worst time ever. Agents pop out of the vehicles in swarms as Hayward watches the overkill troops point their massive guns at us with smugness written all over him.

"Listen, boys. Your mother and I never really prepared you for this," Vision started as we all got in a fighting stance.

"But you were born for it." Wanda finished as we shared a look. White Vision charges at his normal counterpart with my albino twin mimicking him and pounced at me. I created an electric force field that blew her away and before I charged back at her I sent a wink to the twins.

I flew at my counterpart with electricity crackling in my fisted hands and before she lifted her hand I blasted her with power into the ground.

"Why aren't you firing back at me...?" I muttered, staring at her and lowered myself from the air cautiously. Until I realized. "You can't. Because...you're not actually me. Well not the 'me' right now but the 'me' I was supposed to be," I realized but she just stared at me blankly and again, tilted her head to the side.

"I am the superior you. I am the better."

"How can you be superior if you're me?" I questioned but she remained silent. "But the very fact you're superior means that I am better. My father created me, trying to create the perfect weapon for the government but failed creating me and without that failure, that inferiority, I'm not me. I gained emotion and imperfection and with that more power than you could possibly grasp," I explained and lowered my hands.

"We're not the same and if I fought you I would definitely win. Because no matter how much I despise myself I can't kill something that doesn't know what they're doing is wrong," I decided and lowered my hand for her to take to help her take.

She glanced at my hand and then back to me before slowly placing her hand onto mine. I helped her up and she stared at me for a moment before she threw me over her shoulder and into the ground.

Well that lasted longer than I expected.

"H.A.I.L.E.Y. must be destroyed."

"For the love of- OPEN YOUR EYES DIPSHIT!" I yelled, flipping back onto my feet and before she could defend herself I took her head and slammed it into the ground. "You were created to be used. You are being used! You are being used as a weapon and I don't believe for a second that a little part of you isn't screaming to be free. So take your head out of your nonexistent ass and put your superiority complex away and think for yourself for just a single moment!" Her eyes widened as I stared at her with my hands pressed to the back of her head.

"What do you want, Hailey?" I asked in the most genuine voice and if she really was designed after my program I think I know exactly what she wants.

"I want..." She trailed off, her eyes flickering back and forth at nothing. Her grey and bright blue eyes turned into my eyes, bright blue human looking eyes.

"I want to be free." She snapped out of my grasp and levitated away from the ground, looking up at the sky. And then she flew away, faster than lightning.

Yeah I'm definitely going to regret not killing her. But at least my conscious is clear ha...ha...

Oh god, what have I done?

I flew back to the town square, meeting Vision and the boys embracing.

"Hailey, you're alright!"

"Slightly traumatized but yeah, I'm not dead," I replied to Vision as I returned the twins's hug. The short-lived reunion was cut short by Agnes and Wanda having a full-on magic warfare right on top of us in the sky.

"Watch the twins," Vision instructed causing me to nod in response and take the boys under my arms protectively. Vision flew up to the two women as we watched with concern and i readied my hands for when I needed to activated my force field. Apparently Wanda thought of this too, using it to keep Vision out of the fight.

"Wanda, what are you doing?" I hear Vision asked, trying to get through her field but failed, watching Wanda and Agnes battle. Wanda kept missing her shots but what was odd is she never misses...what was she planning?

"Come on, Wanda!" Agnes cackled, flying around her as she missed again and again.

Vision flies back down to us and embraces his sons while sharing a nervous look with me. Wanda and Agnes continue to fight and Wanda continues to miss making her body slowly deteriorate like Agnes was sucking the magic right out of her.

"Come on, Wanda! Escape your fate!" Wanda continues shooting magic at her, occasionally missing and hitting the walls of the Hex.

"Release your burden! There's more, I want it all!" After a few more shots, Agnes appears to drain the rest of Wanda's power causing her to look like a skeleton.

"Mom!" Billy and Tommy called out with concern, trying to run to their mother but Vision and I held them back. I bent down and leaned over them while still holding my stare to the battle above.

"Wait," I whispered to them causing them to look up at me, confused.

"About our deal... Once cast, a spell can never be changed. This world you made will always be broken. Just like you!" Agnes tries to shoot Wanda but nothing happens. She tries again and looks down at her hands but sees Wanda back to normal.

Her powers were back but how? Symbols suddenly appeared on the magic barriers walls in the exact spots she shot her blast at. That's probably it.

"'In a given space, only the witch who cast them can use her magic.' Thanks for the lesson. But I don't need you to tell me who I am," Wanda revealed as a dark red crown appeared over her forehead.

"No. No. No. No! No, no!" Agnes yelled as her powers are sucked away from her instead, being absorbed by Wanda. Everything around us glowed red from her power and her barrier until Agnes's power was all gone.

"Oh, god. You don't know what you've done," Agnes warned as her power finally disappears and Wanda floats in front of her in her new outfit, a full in super suit that appeared from her powers that seemed to come straight out of Barbie movie scene. Wanda lowers them both back down into Westview and Agnes falls to the ground with all of us staring at the scene.

"Good girl. So, what now? Just gonna lock me up somewhere?"

"No, not somewhere. Here."

"Here?" Agnes asks in disbelief as she looks around causing Wanda to nod and simply hum in response.

"I'll give you the role you chose. The nosy neighbor," Wanda decided and walked over to her menacingly.

"No, please," Agnes begged helplessly.

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not, you're cruel! You, you have no idea what you've unleashed. You're gonna need me." Yeah and that's why she's keeping you here. How did you not get that?

"If I do, I'll know where to find you," Wanda reasoned simply.

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Wait!" Agnes begs but Wanda continued to walk toward her and bent down, touching her and transforming her back into her role.

"Hiya, hon! Say, that's some kinda getup you're wearing. Did I leave the oven on, or is that just you, hot stuff." This, disturbingly enough, reminded me how gay sitcoms are or simply making it a joke but unintentionally creating actual chemistry between characters. I really need to watch more sitcoms.

"You live here now. No one will ever bother you."

"Okie dokie, artichoke," she grinned but her eyes held pain. Yeah okay, very disturbing.

"I'll be seeing you," Wanda said, standing up and calmly walking away from her, leaving her in her own mental torture.

"Not if I see you first, hon!"

"Mom!" Tommy and Billy exclaim as they rushed to their mom in her new getup with Vision trailing behind them. I watched the happy family reunite for most likely the final time, staring sadly at them.

"So, it would appear that our dream home has been reduced to a fixer upper. I know you'll set everything right, just not for us," Vision said quietly making me blink back the tears as they pretended to be alright to not scare the boys.

"No. Not for us," Wanda smiled sadly as they shared a look.

"It's time. Should we head home?"

"Yeah. Hailey?" Wanda called, looking at me and motioned for me to come along causing me to be surprised. I nodded, smiling the best I could and walked beside them but only after Wanda shared a brief look with Monica.

And then we walked home, into the sunset.

Except the home we were going back to was not going to be standing for much longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 11.7K 69
𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡, 𝙨𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚...𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙛𝙧...
104K 3.1K 18
MATURE!!!! "Why?" "It takes away the pain of... existing." May contain triggers. Homecoming universe. NO/LIMITED TW MENTIONED!!! READ WITH CAUTION...
3.7K 89 22
"Being a teenager is hard."
2.9K 3 30
Y/n is your standard 17 year old girl with the ability to control time and move things with her mind. She's also an avenger. One day when she wakes u...