The Hidden Alpha (Stryders #4...

By xoxoGGii

Freya stumbles across a place where she's not supposed to be. These people aren't normal werewolves either. A... More

Vampire Prince Update
We're Live and Published!
Summary
Cast
Author Note
Chapter 1: Everything Goes Wrong
Update
Chapter 2: Reprimand
Chapter 3: Accidental Trespassing
Chapter 4: Out of Here
Chapter 5: Stuck
A/N: READ UP
Chapter 6: Here to Stay
Chapter 8: New Friends
Chapter 9: Ten Miles too Many
Chapter 10: Enter the Fighter Pack
Chapter 11: The Plunge
Chapter 12: Plans Fall
Chapter 13: Meditate
Chapter 14: A Little Hurt
Chapter 15: Chasing Waterfalls
Chapter 16: Peace of Mind
A/N: Timeline
Chapter 17: Waste No Time
Chapter 18: Unlikely Help
Chapter 19: Staged Right
Chapter 20: Truths and Lies
Chapter 21: Unveiling
Chapter 22: Predicament
Chapter 23: Too Many Realizations
Chapter 24: Small Delights
Chapter 25: The Calm
Chapter 26: The Rain
Chapter 27: The Storm
Chapter 28: Homecoming
Author Note- ugh!
Chapter 29: Family Drama
Chapter 30 : A Wrong Feeling
Chapter 31: Royal Announcement
Chapter 32: Setting the Stage
Chapter 33: Forgotten
Chapter 34: Undecided
Chapter 35: Olive Branch
Chapter 36: Anklets
Chapter 37: Connected
Update Info
Chapter 38: Woken Thoughts
Chapter 39: Stryder Men
The Vampire Prince is getting Published
Chapter 40: Stryder Men (Part II)
Chapter 41: Niceties
Chapter 42: Unknown Waters
Chapter 43: Runaway
Story on Hold

Chapter 7: Settling In

1.4K 145 89
By xoxoGGii

Thank you so much for everyone who supports this story by commenting, voting and sending me messages! They all me so much. Motivate me lol

You guys are the best.

How are we liking it so far? 

.

.

.

Today's chore was in the garden. Helping to wash all the vegetables together. 

This pack did everything so orderly and to a timely manner, I was actually impressed with them.

From the beginning of the day, some woke up early in the morning to make breakfast for everyone- usually at certain time frames they would eat breakfast before going to do their task that was assigned to them.

For the most part, everyone kept their distance away from me. I understood why- I was an outsider, and no pack liked those. Unless I joined, I would always be an outsider to them.

I sighed, picking out the lettuce leaves. This wasn't fun at all. After I was done with my task, the reward was going on your lunch break and to eat food. It really took a village to get everything done, I mused.

Lorraine asked me if I could go to the village store- the one I got caught in- to grab a shovel to do some planting and gardening. I knew where it was kind of, and it wasn't that far.

Walking inside the store, there was a different guy that was at the cashier, reading a magazine and not paying attention to me.

I found where the shovel was in the back corner of the store, feeling happy I could manage to do one small menial task. Going to the counter to check out, the guy was still not paying attention to me.

"Daisuke," I read his name tag out loud. "Ready to go."

"Don't wear it out," the man muttered, seemingly my age. He tilted his head at me. "Never seen you around here."

"I'm new," I said. I raised my hand to show him the shovel I was carrying. "And how much for the shovel?" The huge wad of cash I bought with me was in my pocket. Not secure, I know, but I didn't know where else to put it. It wouldn't fit in my heels.

Daisuke gave me a frown. "Nothing. We don't pay around here."

"What?"

Daisuke let out a long breath like he was already done with me. "We barter. Money is meaningless here. So. Tell me, what would you give for that shovel?"

"I-I don't have anything," I looked down at myself. Usually, I would be decked out in rings, bracelets and expensive necklaces, but from the suite case accident in the road, everything was gone. "Wait. My heels. They're expensive."

"What am I going to do with your heels?"

"They're Louboutin's," I mentioned. Daisuke stared at me blankly like that meant anything to him at all. "Right..." I trailed off, looking off in the distance. I gasped, pointing at the ceiling. "A bird!"

Daisuke looked back, and I made a run for it.

"Hey!" Daisuke hollered, and in one moment he was behind me and the next he's in front of me, making me collide with me. "Look, I don't get paid enough for this. Actually, I don't even get paid at all. I screw up every single thing here, so I would be so thankful if you would just give me a trade."

That made me pause.

"Can't I trade my shoes?" I asked. "That's something- the only thing I have in hand right now. And they're expensive."

"Fine," Daisuke's jaw clenched. Relenting. He put out his hand.

"Wait. Now?"

"Nah, give it to me whenever you feel like it."

"Really?"

Daisuke groaned out. "No! Yes- now!"

"Okay, okay," I muttered, taking off one of my favorite shoes I've owned. We've been through so much together. And I've been running out of heels while I've been here.

"Thank you. Was that so hard?"

"Yes it was." I sniffed a little. It just came out of nowhere.

"News flash, newbie. Come back here tomorrow to trade and you can get your heels," Daisuke said. Probably feeling sorry for me. "One trade per day."

"Oh," I gave a huge sigh of relief. I was going to get them back! "Why all this complicated stuff?"

"Trust me, I don't know. I don't care. We do everything for a reason though- that's all I do know. And I'm going to try to follow the rules this time."

This time. 

Hm. I studied his face, and how he carried himself. He was handsome, that's for sure. But he looked like he was going through some tough times. I was tempted to ask him if he would want any money, but that wouldn't help him. Or anyone here, apparently.

"Appreciate it," I said. For what? I don't know. But I just felt the need to be polite to him after putting him through some distress.

"Well, it wasn't a pleasure doing business with you," Daisuke said. Leaving me to trail barefoot to the village.

Bumping into Julian and Callum, who both looked at my bare feet. 

"Being one with nature," I told them. Hurrying back to give Lorraine her shovel, and to finish helping out.

XXXX

Tedious work made you really tired. I found myself making my way to my rock that overlooked the lake. It was my favorite spot when I wanted to get away. Think. And overthink. 

I sat down, wrapping my hands over my knees, tucking my chin under it and looked at the still lake. Lorraine assured me that it wasn't enclosed- it went down a river.

My throat clogged as I thought about back home and how much I missed my family. Getting there seemed like it was never going to happen. I had to explain to my parents I wasn't such a disappointment. All I've ever wanted to do was make them proud of me. So much for that. 

Tears welled in my eyes as I wiped them away, unwilling to cry, but some already got away from me. 

Hearing the crunch of some leaves, I whipped my head around trying to blink my tears as my gaze collided with molten amber. The last person I wanted to see. Callum.

At that exact moment, my stomach growled, and I quickly turned away, not wanting him to think anything of it. Embarrassed only slightly. Today's work was hard. And I didn't have much of an appetite either. Which is a first.

I steeled myself, ready to confront him to go away. Turning my body back, I shook my head in confusion. He was already gone.

Good.  So much for him seeing me at my lowest points. 

I inhaled and exhaled about ten times, and that only calmed me down a little. How many more days stuck in here did I have to endure? I gazed at the water, wondering how I would survive this place. It was mysterious, confusing and just...not for me.

"This is my rock," I told him. Feeling a bit protective of this territory that wasn't mine. Who knew what if this actually was Callum's rock.

Callum didn't say anything, but he placed a small basket between us, opening it. "You should eat." He unwrapped the food, a sandwich and...

"Oh my gosh!" I couldn't help but gasp, and now there are happy tears in my eyes. "Strawberry muffins!"

There's no way Callum would know how much I loved strawberries.

Because of my dad, and because I took after him in craving it. A memory flashed of going to strawberry farms almost everyday during the summer because Dad and I loved to eat more than we picked out the fruit, so our buckets had no strawberries. Coming home to empty buckets, and Mom couldn't stay mad at us.

I grabbed the muffin first, unable to stop myself from smiling at Callum. A true, happy smile. Taking a huge bite of the muffin. My smile even deepened after I tasted it.

"Thank you," I told him, my mouth stuffed with the muffin still as my cheeks reddened as I watched Callum's gaze on me. His face softened the slightest.

"Enjoy," Callum said quietly, getting up to leave. Leaving me alone a little bit happier. Like a taste of home was with me.

XXXX 

During my time to go to sleep, avoiding the villagers who all sat by the large fires they made, saying stories and enjoying their time together, I walked into my tent surprised by seeing the blonde haired girl I always saw around with the other two girls. Opal, I believe her name was.

Opal has her arms crossed as her blue eyes met my gaze. Looking at me like...

Wait. Did she look nervous?

"Uh...can I help you?" I asked as she was just standing in front of my tent. Cursing at myself because that didn't sound friendly at all. 

As an afterthought, I smiled at her. See? I'm friendly. Totally can make her my friend.

"Hi," Opal waved at me, still looking super nervous. "Can I come inside?"

She pointed at me tent, and I nodded. "Sure," I opened the flap of the tent so she could get in first, ducking down. 

Granted, there wasn't much room here in the first place. Living like an ancient civilization here.

She turned to me, opening her mouth then closing it. "I have a favor to ask of you."

Oh no. "What...is it?"

"Can you please help me date Callum!"

And because I was stunned by the question, I told her, "Okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 17.2K 54
So Mari is the eldest child, at the age of nine she watches as her mom and dad are slaughtered by the rogues pack, Her pack is small but come from a...
49.3K 2.1K 38
Sierra is the alpha's daughter and only child, yet she's kept hidden in the pack house like some best kept secret. Her father never includes her in p...
37.9K 2.8K 10
Alyssa is a werewolf. Abandoned as an infant, all she knows about her own kind is what she's gained through her "research." She's read through hundre...
350K 12.2K 37
A girl who is taken in by a werewolf shifter family at birth has just moved to a new town in a new state. Even though she can't be part of the pack s...