Lost Luna - Up to 50% off for...

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritag... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Hello
COPYRIGHT PAGE
announcement ~ Wattpad Originals & YONDER
Readers Views
miserable
champagne
fall
coffee
mate
shift
leave
new
forest
doctor
friend
hard work
problems
afire
suspicion
breaking point
control
lonesome
transform
green
dance
blur
headache
dominance
bewilderment
hold
office
barren
lyra
whistle
sunset
BONUS ~ mate
nervous
shirt
traveller
a while
raw
BONUS ~ interest
BONUS ~ intervene
caged
quiet
BONUS ~ uncertain
rain
raven
ally
thoughts
cold
BONUS ~ care
warmth
story
brother
anger
revelation
phone call
gaia
takeover
plan
curious
sleep
BONUS ~ close
blood
goodbyes
pack
BONUS ~ protect
north
anxious
cowardly
fear
BONUS ~ unconsciousness
reality
stealth
attack
revenge
embrace
heal
consolation
safe
castle
royal
serve
peaceful
tension
case
stranger
empathy
BONUS ~ pleasure 18+
reassurance
strong
death
BONUS ~ challenge
honour
BONUS ~ travels
grateful
thankful
morning
abilities
desire
BONUS ~ desire 18+
mated
happy
Sequel updates
New Cover!
the series continues

feeling

201K 7.4K 1.7K
By XDeafening_SilenceX

noun ~ an idea or belief; an emotional state or reaction

I thought it would be a long two weeks but in fact; it was passing rather quickly. The group of travellers were staying longer to rest; it had been near a week already since they arrived. Sean had said they had rules or treaties with the travelling wolves that entitled them to a week of rest in a home every time they visited a pack.

I had barely seen Molly and Leo since Sunday; they had been cooped up in their own little love bubble. The man with the alluring green eyes would often cross my path, or I'd see him in the distance as he wandered the pack grounds. He never approached me, but I often found him staring.

On Tuesday Alex finally came to help me move the heavy things that I couldn't lift myself. He helped me move the broken ornaments and concrete slabs into the back of a pickup truck.

"So, what brings you to join this pack?" He asked.

I inhaled sharply as he placed the next slab into the truck with ease. "I wasn't treated fairly at my old pack and when Alpha saw potential in my wolf he took me in."

What a well-choreographed verse.

He nodded and wiped his hands together to be rid of the dirt. "That would make sense, you really kicked my ass."

I chuckled with a shrug. "What about you? Were you recruited?"

He nodded and gulped his drink. "I came from Blue Skies."

That triggered an interest in me. Blue Skies was my old pack's neighbour.

"Oh really? Small world. I came from Alpha Damien's pack!" I smiled.

His eyes widened. "No way? How is Alpha Damien?"

I shrugged. "Before I came here, he was beginning to retire and let Steven take over."

He chuckled dryly. "He still with Sophie?"

I gasped but he just gave me a smirk. "Yeah, he is. They're to be mated soon if he doesn't find his mate."

He hummed and picked up another slab. He didn't say anything as he carried it to the truck, but I could see his expression darkening.

"What's wrong?" I asked, stepping beside him.

He looked down at me with a harsh gaze, but his eyes softened at my curiosity. "Something about you makes me want to spill my secrets."

I laughed lightly. "I get told that a lot. But you can tell me whatever you want."

He studied me for a moment, looking for a sign of bluff I'm guessing. When he found nothing, he sighed and sank into the bed of the truck. He patted the spot beside him, and I stared at it with concern. It came up to my waist, so I'd have to haul myself up somehow.

I hesitated before placing my hands on the bed and jumping to lift myself. I spin to sit on the edge of it, so I don't fall and sigh in relief when I make it.

"The day I came here was the worst day of my life." He began.

Drama already?

"How so?" I wondered, getting comfy.

"I found my mate." He shrugged. "I had gone for a run around the border, against my parent's rules. And I saw her, she was a beautiful wolf. A gorgeous ginger coat with white paws..."

He hesitated and I found myself freezing. I knew a wolf of that colour.

"Sophie?" I whispered.

He nodded with a frown. "I was ecstatic, but she ran away before I could shift back. I set up a meeting with her Alpha and mine so I could cross the border with permission... When I saw her cosied up with Steven I was confused. She pretended I wasn't her mate, that the bond wasn't there. Once we were alone, she rejected me, saying she deserved a mate better than an Omega."

I gasped and placed my hand on his arm in comfort. "That's horrible."

He laughed darkly. "I felt so broken, I didn't know what to do with myself. I couldn't believe it was true. That's when Alpha Titan came to visit our pack. Being an Omega I was forced to serve him. I was an absolute wreck that I could barely see through my tears. No one in my pack would understand because they were either single or happy with their mates."

I rubbed a soothing circle into his forearm with my thumb. "I'm sorry."

He smiled at me and patted my hand. "It's okay. I was meant to make the drinks. But I messed it up. Alpha Titan got mad, I thought I was going to die on the spot."

I know how that feels.

Cel laughed at me. 'You literally thought he was going to rip you to pieces.'

"He must've seen something that day because I survived and as soon as they finished, I was transferred to go with him."

"Wait..." I paused. "I think I was told this. My dad mentioned about an omega from Blue Skies making his coffee wrong and being imprisoned?"

He laughed at me. "Is that what the rumour was? I knew it was something stupid. But the Alpha isn't that bad. He took pity on me and gave me a new direction in life. That was two years ago, and he personally got me to Warrior status. I'm one of his best fighters, as you found out."

So, he wasn't imprisoned? The rumours were wrong? Something about Phoenix helping Alex made me feel fuzzy. There was more to this man than I originally thought. He wasn't all dark scowls and silence, and I was slowly understanding that.

"Oh wow. That's... c-congrats." I stammered.

"Thanks. Don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for him. He taught me a lot of discipline..." He gave me a genuine smile. "What happened at the old pack that made you join? If you don't mind me asking."

I hesitated, thinking over my words. "Very similar to you. I was an omega, but I was treated like filth. Sophie... and her friends... often ganged up on me... It started as n-nothing until it turned physical. I was a non-shifter, so I didn't heal well, and I was an outcast."

A low grumble left his mouth, his ears only hearing part of my story. "They hurt you physically?"

I frowned. "More ways than one. Alpha came to visit after Beta Charlie came across me during Rosie's birthday party. He must've put in a word to Alpha because he came to do a pack welfare check about a week later. He... wasn't pleased, let's put it that way."

"You had a stammer, right? Was it trauma related?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I still do when I'm too overwhelmed."

He hummed and we stayed silent for a few minutes. It was nice to know someone else endured hardship much like me. To see an omega-born wolf, turn into a strong warrior. He suddenly straightened his back and clapped his hands, jumping down from the truck.

"Right, let's finish moving this junk."

I got on well with Alex over the next few days. He was charming and funny, a genuine person. I knew if I ever came to see Sophie again, I would teach her a lesson of my own. A fierce protectiveness came over me whenever I'd think about it. If I could take on Jade, then I could take on her.

'That's the spirit.' Cel chimed.

***

It was soon Friday, and as per request, I woke up ready to go for a stupid fifteen-mile run. However, I was later than normal today, my own fault really.

I wasn't too happy about it, something in my gut was nagging at me not to go. I ignored it, putting it down to my laziness and anxiety of the two weeks wait. It was Phoenix's last chance to tell me what was going on, to not leave me hanging on his word and I couldn't bare the wait.

I had spent every evening on the hill watching the sunset and Phoenix was always there. We had sat in silence; the only words were goodnight as I shut my door. It was nice; peaceful. To not have to speak comforted me because I knew that meant I was comfortable with just being around him now. He lost the scary Alpha attitude and just relaxed. Our wolves were thriving from it, so if not for us it was for them.

I pulled on my running shoes and made my way downstairs. The twins had made a habit of eating breakfast with me now but today I woke late so I doubt that they were there. I was correct when I walked in and saw only a few members getting ready for work. I grabbed an apple and a bottle of water and strolled my way to the training field. I'd have to skip breakfast today.

Sean stood with the twins, stretching their muscles. His eyes narrowed on me as I approached so I gave a shy smile.

"How come you're so late?" He asked.

I scrunched up my nose and continued to chew my apple. He huffed, knowing my dislike for training but waited for me to finish chewing.

"Well?"

"I overslept." I grimaced. "I feel overly... weird and anxious."

He sighed but pulled me in for a one-armed hug. "Okay, I'll let you off, nothing to be anxious about. Just our usual run, maybe that will help."

"You mean your usual check on the patrol wolves." Miley snickered.

Sean grumbled but she was right. Every day since I mentioned the freaky flash within the trees, he made it his mission to run us by the patrol wolves. Every day it was the same and it always took us longer as we ran slower. Not that I minded the pace.

I joined in with the warm-ups and stretches before Sean clapped his hands. "Ready?"

"No," I grunted as I set up my watch.

He rolled his eyes but broke out into a jog down our usual trail. I kept in the middle, matching Sean's pace and trying not to trip over any roots or grass blades. Those pesky grass blades were tricky things. The twins followed behind me, focused on their running.

We ran down the trail easily; the mud had been broken in now with the number of times we ran it. I couldn't wait for the five-mile mark because there was a beautiful meadow full of flowers and pretty trees. Yesterday I saw a deer in it and despite Sean's teasing of it being dinner, I had to stop and admire it. I hoped to see something again today.

We eventually rounded a large tree that I knew signalled the meadow was coming up. I was already smiling as the break in the trees came up in my view and was not disheartened by the sight it created. I slowed my pace to try and admire every single piece of colour that passed by me. Wolf senses had their benefits.

There was no deer today, the meadow was so quiet I couldn't even hear a bird. Was a storm due? Or were they scared of the wolves nearby?

I turned my attention back into running once the trees blurred by me once again. I picked up my pace to catch up with Sean who was now running harder. He tended to do breaks of sprinting and jogging to keep our bodies moving.

Eventually, we passed the first patrol wolf who bowed in greeting as did the next three. We were close to the border now. It was invisible to the naked eye, but you could feel the strange magic pushing at you.

When we approached the fifth patrol wolf a strange sensation settled in my gut. I slowed down slightly when Sean did and looked around the trees. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but the same feeling was settling in my chest and stomach. Something wasn't right, but I couldn't tell what.

Sean came to a stop as he communicated with the patrol wolf. I stopped beside him and stared beyond the trees. My skin felt like it was crawling, even Cel felt on edge.

"Something's not right," I mumbled.

Sean turned his attention to me with a grimace. "John has just told me everything's fine."

I looked down at John and allowed Cel to surface. His wolf eyes turned to me, and I found Cel searching through the fog in his thoughts. It felt absentminded, but he was honest when he said nothing was wrong. I looked away with a frown.

"Am I the only one who noticed the wildlife is in hiding?" I asked.

Sean hummed as if realising it himself. "I'm sure it's nothing but a storm."

He went to turn away, but I grabbed his arm. He frowned down at me but didn't pull out of my grip. He knew better to listen to me, that was for sure. His eyes scanned my face, but I frowned and looked away back to the trees.

'There.' Cel whispered. 'A shadow.'

Where? I asked searching the area.

'Get closer but make it discreet. Something is off.'

I slowly released Sean's arm and took a few steps away from him. I pretended I was stretching so I could step closer to the patrol wolf. The border hummed with energy as I got nearby.

I looked beyond the trees when suddenly Cel focused my attention on a hedge. A small shadow or form stood out from the shape of the greenery. If it wasn't for her keen senses, I would've looked over it as a mere shadow.

I squinted and dared myself to look harder when suddenly the shadow moved, and two bright eyes stared at me. I tensed, holding my breath as it moved between the shrubbery. I stayed focused on it, waiting for it to emerge. When it did, I relaxed slightly. It was just a wild wolf, a pup no doubt going by the size. Pure animal, not a werewolf.

I felt the twins come up beside me, Maisie cooing at the baby. It limped out of the trees and whimpered quietly.

"Oh, it's hurt." She tutted.

I stayed where I was. Despite seeing it was a baby wolf, the unnerving feeling never left. I could feel my hair stand on end, the air growing cold and stale.

The baby wolf was limping closer to the borderline, crying for its mother. I looked down at it with a frown and inhaled. It smelt like a normal wild wolf, but its brown eyes never left mine. Something was off with him, why was he looking at me like that? Cel forced me to inhale deeper, tuning into her senses. Just beneath, far under its skin, she tensed.

What is it?

'Magic.' She whispered.

What? Magic? How could it be magic? What was this wolf...

I stared down at it in wonder, my head swimming with thoughts. How did this wolf come across magic?

The wild pup stopped suddenly, cringing in on itself. Its hackles rose, its teeth bared into a snarl and I tensed to not show a reaction. Before I could react further, it ran away. Maisie cried after it, trying to call it back.

We were so distracted with the baby wolf, that I didn't notice the shadows of the trees moved. Something darted out from the nearest tree and crossed the border. I turned my gaze just in time as it strikes and grabbed a hold of Maisie. She falls backwards and a silent scream leaves her mouth. My arms rose in alarm, trying to grab her, but another darted and grabbed Miley. It all happened so quickly, one moment they were beside me and the next they were knocked out cold.

A sudden force rammed into my back, causing me to stumble just and I was pulled to the ground on the outside of the border. My head smacked into the floor, a small groan of pain escaping my lips. I could hear growling and shouting but my head swam and my stomach churned with dizziness.

"Nova!" Sean shouted.

I rolled myself over and tried to fight my attacker. I managed to get a good few punches in and knees them in the groin but I couldn't see them. I overestimated their size, and after I kneed them where the sun doesn't shine, they fell on top of me. I struggled under their weight, Cel growling and sprouting her fur through my skin. She was ready to shift but they had me pinned by the throat, their weight on my arms. I tried to kick, tried to wriggle and snap my teeth but they didn't budge, pinning me securely. A sudden sharpness invaded my neck and I looked up at the dark intruder to see a glint of a needle being removed from my skin.

"Nova!"

My head began to swim and I found my muscles begin to sag as a fog overcame my senses. I felt like I couldn't breathe, my muscles turning to jelly. I tried to shake it off, but I couldn't, it felt too heavy. The intruder climbed off me and mumbled something to another shadow nearby.

"...unmated." Was all I could decipher.

"Nova!"

I looked around me in alarm looking for the source of his voice. It was Sean, I was certain of it, but I struggled to focus. There was a large blur that looked like Sean on our pack land. He seemed to be dancing... I didn't know he could dance...

Suddenly two other figures jumped on him and he collapsed onto the ground with a cry of pain.

'Nova!'

Cel...? What's going on? I slurred.

'We're ambushed... I can't...'

She sounded so far away.

I blinked, trying to clear the fog as my numb body was pulled upwards into the air. I tried to focus on the ground as I was carried up high. I assume I was on someone's shoulder judging by the cloaked back I hung from, but I felt like I was floating. I groaned in pain as my head swung, and a familiar warmth started from nearby. I could feel the heat from beside me and barely saw the flames licking up the trees before I felt my mind shut down.

As I submitted to the exhaustion, a voice floated through my mind, desperation in my stomach.

'Nova...'

Phoenix...

******

Big chapter this one 3k words

& Ooooooh here we come drama

wc: 3135

Question of the Day:
Where you from? 🌎
I haven't asked this one! Or have I? I dunno 😂
England for me, lincolnshire to be exact

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on Wattpad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 75.5K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
1.1M 37.4K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
623K 20K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
3M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...