Ablaze

By St0riesByNova

***CURRENTLY EDITING & ON HOLD*** "You don't hate me." "Stop." "Not even close." "I said stop." "You... you l... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Fourty
Fourty One

Thirty Two

538 8 3
By St0riesByNova

Kaen's POV

"So, did you figure out your costume yet?"

"Yeah, Ash and I have matching ones."

Del laughs, "Wait, are you serious? Thee Kaen has a matching costume for Halloween? I'm more surprised at the fact that you're even dressing up."

"Shut up, D."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's cute. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend. It's been way too long."

"I know, me too."

Del's having a Halloween party this weekend, and I'm actually kind of excited.

Okay, I don't know if I'd use the word "excited", but I'm glad to be going. Never in my life did I ever think I would have matching costumes with my girlfriend, but here we are.

It was actually really cute, when she asked me. She was pretty hesitant because she wasn't sure if I would say yes, but she seemed really excited, so I told her I would do it.

Ever since we started dating again, I haven't minded doing all of this sappy shit. I used to think it was so stupid and gross, but now that I'm actually involved in it... I love it. I buy her flowers every two weeks, and give her little surprise gifts. I do anything I can think of that'll make her happy, and I don't mind it one bit. I never want to see that smile fade away from her face.

"How have things been with you and Akita?"

"Oh, they're... good."

I scrunch my brows, "O...kay..."

His expression suddenly changes, "What is it, D?"

"I think I love her."

"Wait, you've been dating for almost five months and haven't told her you loved her? I thought you were all about that "love at first sight" shit?"

"I know, and I am! It's just... I've never actually told a girl I loved her before, and I'm scared that she won't feel the same."

"Del, I highly doubt that. I know she loves you."

"Why? Did she say something to Ash?"

"No," I chuckle, "But I can just tell. You need tell her."

"You're right... I do. I'm gonna do it tonight!"

"There ya' go! That's my boy."

We laugh, "Wow, since when did you become the love doctor?"

"Since I've been madly in love for months. Did I tell you she moved in with me?"

"No, shit? That's crazy."

"Yeah... it took some convincing of her mom, but we finally got her to agree. And, it took forever to pack up her shit. I don't know how girls can possibly have so much stuff."

"Wow... that's great, though. I'm happy for you guys."

"Thanks, D. I gotta head out now, but I'll see you Friday."

"Later, Kae."

***

I walk into the apartment and immediately smell something delicious. I see the stove covered with pots, but no sign of Ashling.

"Babe?" I call out

"Oh, hi! You're home kind of early for once." She comes running around the corner.

"Yeah, I just got home. Cooking dinner, I assume?"

"Yes! I was hoping you would make it home in time."

She walks over to the stove and stirs whatever is in the pot, "Wanna taste?"

She lifts the spoon to my mouth, "Mmm, delicious. Chicken soup?"

"Yeah, I figured it's perfect to make on a chilly day like this."

"I love when you cook for me."

"I could say the same for you, too."

I stand behind her and place my hands on the sides of her body, moving them up and down, when she suddenly winces in pain. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." She quickly stands straight again and continues stirring the soup, but I know something is wrong. I go to touch her left side again, and she flinches just by barely touching her.

"Okay, seriously, what's wrong?"

"Nothing! I told you I'm fine."

"It's cute how you think I don't know you by now. I know when you're lying, so just tell me what's wrong."

"Babe, I'm fine." She says without looking at me, "Go away, you're in my cooking space."

I roll my eyes, and grab the spoon out of her hand. "Hey! Give that back!"

"No, not until you tell me what's wrong."

"If you keep waving it around like that, you're going to get soup everywhere."

"I don't care."

I stand in front of her and hold the spoon way above her head, making her unable to reach it because she's way shorter than me. "Jump for it, then."

She glares at me, then starts jumping for it, "You're such a little kid!" She yells.

As she's jumping, her shirt moves up with her body, and that's when I notice it— she has bruises.

"Woah, woah, stop."

"What?"

I lift her shirt up, and she quickly tries to pull it back down. "Ash, I saw. Give it up."

"Fine."

She allows me to lift her shirt up once more, and the sight of her makes me gasp. "Holy shit... Ash... what the fuck happened?"

"Just a little fight-club incident. I-it's nothing, really."

"This doesn't look like nothing, Ash. You have a giant bruise on the whole side of your body. Clearly, you're not okay. What the fuck happened? And don't lie to me."

She sighs, "Okay. You know how I came home late last night, and you were practically already asleep?"

"Yeah..."

"Well... I was so late because I was training with some of the other trainers. We were just messing around, having fun. When I was walking to my car...someone attacked me."

"What?!"

"They were able to get the upper hand, and got in some good punches. I don't think they had an affinity, because they were just fighting hand to hand. The other trainers stepped in before he could do anymore damage. I went to the hospital after to make sure I didn't have any broken ribs. I don't– so other than these ugly ass bruises and some pain, I'm fine. They gave me some pain meds."

My blood was fucking boiling.

"Why didn't you tell me this last night? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I didn't want to worry you, and you were already sleeping."

"Ash, I don't give a fuck if the president was handing me a medal of honor— I would drop anything to be there for you."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Just please... if something like this happens again, you need to tell me."

"I know..."

I gently hug her, being sure not to touch her side. "Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"No, just there."

"Good. Go take a bath, I'll finish cooking. You need to rest."

"Baby, I'm fi—"

"Go."  I point towards the bedroom and she does as I say.

It's a good thing I've been working on my anger, or else I'd be exploding right now. I was so fucking angry. Not at her, but myself. I told myself that I was going to always protect her, and look at what fucking happened. If her coworkers hadn't been there... I don't even want to think about what could've happened. I just wanted to know who the fuck this person was, and why he wanted to hurt her. I'll fucking kill him. Nobody touches my girl. Nobody.

***

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, babe. I told you, it only really hurts if I touch it."

"I know, but I'm still worried. I barely touched you before and it hurt."

"That's because I didn't take any of my meds today, but I just did before so I should be fine for the night."

"Okay, if you say so."

I turn off the lamp as I crawl into bed with her, "I'm going to find out who did this you. And when I do, I'm gonna make him fucking pay for it."

"No, Kaen."

"What do you mean no?"

"If you get in trouble while working at that agency, they'll get rid of you. I don't want you to ruin your chances."

"Seriously? My job is to help stop crime and catch the bad guys."

"I know... I just don't want you getting yourself into trouble because of personal feelings. It's different if you're working and find out who it is but just... don't do it on your own time, okay? And make sure someone is with you."

"Okay, okay."

"Good."

Yeah, fuck that. I'm finding out who did this, whether it's on the job or not.

**The next morning**

"Hey, you hungry?"

"Why are you up and cooking breakfast? You should be resting."

"Kaen, it's a few bruises, I'm not paralyzed. Stop treating me like a baby." She says angrily and rolls her eyes.

"Woah, fiesty this morning, are we?"

She rolls her eyes again, "You're lucky you're injured, or else I might've had to do something about those eye rolls." I smirk at her, causing her to blush.

"Anyway, you're right, I'm sorry. Thank you for making breakfast. I only have a few minutes to eat, I have to be there early today."

She sits at the table next to me, "Oh, how come?"

"They got a tip that this group they've been trying to catch might be at this undisclosed location today. They wanted Del and me to come along."

Ashling sighs, "Please be careful."

"Whose the one treating me like a baby now, hmm?"

"This is different and you know it."

"I know, I know, I'm just playing. But, hey, I gotta go now. I'll text you when I can. I love you, Ash."

"I love you, too. See you later."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 87.7K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
1.6K 34 8
He'd destroy me, a promise etched in our first encounter. He's everything I've never wanted near me. He's a wicked monster, charming, sick and sava...
20.8K 1.1K 106
Ash Basset has gone undercover as a bad boy to get his revenge on real bad boy, Robin Wade. But Robin is not just bad. He's dangerous. And they bot...
303K 7.8K 66
"The Only Difference Between The Good Guys And Bad Guys Is Perspective." . . Scarlett Eve Pierce likes to think she's an average student that only ha...