The Fool

By spiralings

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTr... More

Introduction & Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Eleven

1.1K 47 3
By spiralings

"How am I suppose to get inspiration sitting here?" Synn grumbled, not impressed at her idea of meeting at the same spot he has come to every night for years to discuss his essay. He sat on the bridge, legs dangling over the edge while Aurora sat facing him with her legs in a basket.

"Don't you see? I'm your inspiration. People would pay to write a story about me because I'm so fucking amazing and beautiful, and here I am, letting you write about me for free. You should act more grateful" Aurora scolded playfully. Her arms waved animatedly as she spoke, adding to her dramatic story. Synn wasn't impressed however, he merely scoffed at the pretty blonde girl. She rolled her eyes and gave in.

"I'm just kidding. I first decided to bring some books. Your essay is suppose to be about something that inspires you, right? So I thought a good place to start would be to gather some books that are famously known to be inspirational to society, then we can go from there. If you find something in here then perhaps we can explore it in the real world" Aurora explained happily, pulling out a handful of books from her bag. She dropped them into her lap and looked up at Synn, grinning. He looked down at the girl who seemed way too utterly pleased with herself. He didn't say anything, only deciding to grab on of the books from her lap. He looked at the title 'To Kill A Mocking Bird', furrowing his eyebrows. He opened the book and began to read.

Aurora let him do his thing, inspecting the conditions of some of the other books in her lap. She grimaced as she noticed the cracked spine on one of them, not knowing how anyone could stand to do that to such a beautifully written book. She was unaware of the growing frustration of the boy in front of her.

Synn was tightening his hands on the book. His eyes were reading the words but by the time he got to the next line, he had already forgotten what the previous one said. This had always been a problem for Synn. Whenever he had to read big long paragraphs or books, none of the information retained. He growled lowly and slammed the book, causing Aurora to jump.

"What's wrong?" She asked, worriedly.

"I don't want to read any of those fucking books" Synn hissed, tossing the book back into her lap. He folded his arms over his chest and looked down at his feet. Aurora raised an eyebrow at the boy, slightly amused at his toddler like behaviour. He glanced at her briefly, noting her expression that indicated she wanted an explanation. "Its confusing" He grumbled.

"How is it confusing?" Aurora asked simply. There was no mocking tone in her voice, or any malice hidden, it was purely curiosity. Synn was quiet for a moment, and Aurora was patient.

"The information doesn't stay in my head, I forget it in a second. It's no use trying to read it" He sighed, holding his hood with one hand as he ran the other through his hair, making sure the fabric doesn't budge. Aurora pondered over what he said for a minute.

"Have you tried reading aloud? Sometimes that can help with memory" She suggested, grabbing the book he was reading and shoving the rest of them in her bag.

"What am I? Five?" Synn scoffed. He hated the idea. It made him feel belittled and stupid, like he was beginning to read again.

"No, you're a cocky, arrogant, prick. Now take the book and start talking Sunshine" Aurora sassed, pushing the book into his chest. Synn looked at her, surprised. He slowly took hold of the book, watching her as she looked at him expectantly. He slowly opened it to the first page, knowing he's better off starting from the start. He was hesitant. His heart was beginning to race at the idea of reading aloud in front of her. Aurora's gaze softened as she heard his breaths becoming slightly more laboured. She turned herself around and lay down on her back, her head resting on Synns thigh.

His whole body tensed up at the contact and he almost shoved her off him and into the water, until she grabbed his hand and placed it on her chest. She fiddled with his fingers, satisfied when his breathing calmed down into even soft pants. Synn looked down at the girl who was looking up at the pretty night sky, seemingly unaffected by their position, meanwhile he was blushing like a strawberry. What he didn't know however, was that she was impressively good at hiding the zoo that was erupting in her tummy. Synn took a deep breath and look back down at the book in his other hand, then began reading the story aloud.

Time passed, neither one of them realising. The two were so at peace in one another's company, still in the same positions and Synn still reading the pages in his lap aloud. Aurora shamefully admitted to herself long ago that she could listen to him talk for days, and she was incredibly pleased at her suggestion for him to read aloud. Synn was also incredibly pleased at her suggestion, he was seven chapters in and he could still remember the scenes from the first chapter. He would never admit that to her, though. Aurora had already guessed it, however, seeing as he was in fact still reading.

Eventually Synn stopped reading. He looked down at the pretty blonde in his lap and closed the book. He looked down at their hands, the sight of his vein ridden hand paced over her chest made him blush, as if it hadn't been their for the past while already. He moved it down until it was settled over her stomach. Aurora suddenly frowned and grabbed his hand to place it on her chest once again.

"Stop, don't touch my tummy fat" She scolded, turning her head back to look up at his hood. Synn raised an eyebrow at her, slightly amused at the sight of her in this position.

"That's your uterus" He deadpanned. Auroras face relaxed as she looked down at her stomach and felt it with her own two hands. She pulled the hem of her hoodie up.

"Uterus, tummy, they both make me look pregnant, see!" She beamed in delight as she stuck her tummy out. She rubbed it in an affectionate manner as she smiled up at Synn who looked at the girl who had clearly lost her mind. He rolled his eyes and grabbed the hem of her hoodie and pulled it down. Auroras jaw dropped.

"You just killed my baby" She mumbled sadly.

"I'm sure it killed itself" Synn grunted, looking away from the girl. Aurora scrunched her nose and slapped him on the back of the head. Synn grabbed his head in shock and turned to look down at the girl who was now sat up beside him. He grinded his teeth in annoyance at the girl who was scowling at him. He then pushed her forehead back with a grunt and watched as she dramatically fell back onto the bridge.

"I'm being abused!" She wailed helplessly, the back of her hand resting on her forehead dramatically. Synn rolled his eyes as he watched the scene unfold. She continued to cry until she abruptly sat up and glared at him, catching Synn off guard.

"You're supposed to play the part dipshit. This is your time to do your choking kink thingy!" She explained, falling back down to resume her act. Synns eyebrows shot up to his hood as he watched her in complete wonder.

"Absolutely not" He scoffed.

"We're role-playing Sunshine, think of it as inspiration for your essay. You can explore different fantasies! Not sexual of course..unless you want to, then I'd totally be down but I don't think I'm really into the whole public kink so we'd have to go somewhere priva-" Aurora was cut off when a hand grabbed her throat and pulled her up to where she was staring directly at Synns chest. The boy was clenching his teeth to the point where he could hear them grinding to try and refrain himself from doing god knows what to this girl. Auroras body relaxed after a second and she gave a lazy grin.

"So hot"

"You are so infuriating" Synn growled.

"I know, it keeps me awake at night" She exasperated. Synn growled lowly, as warning to signal that she was pushing her luck. "You were fine with me a few minutes ago, what changed?"

"You opened your mouth" Synn hissed. Aurora rolled her eyes. She slowly peeled his hand from her throat and dropped it into her lap. He let her, begrudgingly, but didn't put up a fight.

"Usually guys like it when I open my mouth" Aurora said suggestively. Synn looked down at her to see her wiggling her eyebrows with a smirk on her face. Synn scowled and pushed his hand into her face, his hand taking up her entire face as he pushed her back onto the bridge again. Aurora giggled and held onto his arm as she fell back. It was evident that she got much enjoyment from riling him up. It was evident to Synn now too.

"I need a drink" Synn grumbled, going to stand up, but was stopped when he realised Aurora wasn't letting go of his arm. He looked down at her to see her frowning up at him. Synn just wanted to get out of here and head to the only bar he knew would still be open til whatever time in the morning.

"I wanna come" She stated pleadingly, looking up at him with her big, hypnotising eyes that were slowly beginning to water. He frowned and shook his head. The idea of bringing her along to a bar like that didn't settle well with him.

"Tough" He huffed, pushing her off his arm and beginning to gather his stuff. Aurora's face dropped. She too began to gather her stuff and hurried after him as he began to walk away.

"Sunshine, please let me come with you. I want a drink too. I'm half Irish, if either one of us knows how to drink, it's me. My grandmother used to put whisky in our bottles to help us fall asleep, alcohol is practically a part of my blood now" Aurora rambled as she walked along side him. Synn was taken back by her words but didn't let it show.

Whisky in a bottle?

"This isn't the type of bar that you could just casually drink at" Synn said lowly, trying to get her to see the message. The second men feasted their eyes on her in that bar, she'd be taken advantage of in a second. The thought always made him disgusted.

"Well if it's part strip club I'm pretty good at that too" Aurora confessed casually. Synn rolled his eyes at this girls lack of a filter.

"No, you're not fucking coming out. 'Dunes' isn't a place for princesses like you. I'm not taking you with me cause you'll just get hurt, now fuck off" Synn snapped, shoving her away. Aurora stumbled, her heart sinking to her stomach at his harsh tone. However, it quickly climbed back up and began to pump wildly once she realised that he cares about her. Well atleast that's what she got from it.

Synn sighed once he realised she hadn't argued again. He thought he had been too harsh so he decided to turn around. He seen her standing there, head down as she fiddled with her bag staps. He was about to open his mouth, to say what, he didn't know, and never will cause she interrupted him.

She looked up at him with a cheeky grin. Synn frowned, confused at her reaction.

"You care about me" Aurora said in a sing song voice, doing a little dance as she wiggled her hips. Synn furrowed his eyebrows, confused as tobwhere she pulled this from. Aurora squealed and turned around, beginning to skip away.

"Sunshine cares about me!" She yelled, jumping up and clicking her heels. Synns jaw dropped to the floor as she watched her retreating figure. He regrets ever opening his mouth. He should have just let her come with him, see how she would have liked it then, but he knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if she for hurt. Although for someone to put a sock in that mouth, he wouldn't mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459K 8.3K 60
MATURE CONTENT +18 "Why do you always defy me, Olivia?" he whispered on my skin, lightly nibbling, and biting my neck, which caused goosebumps to app...
2.5K 65 14
𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐲 𝐱 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐦 ♡︎ ══════✿...
7K 67 22
This story contains mature theme. You may not proceed if you have any issues with that. [18+]~ _________________________________________ "Aaaaah-mph...
14.7K 1.3K 24
My fist clenched against the edge of the table when he pushed a hair strand behind her ear and leaned closer, what the fuck!! Why she is not pushing...