TORTURED SOUL, general kiriga...

By -tothelakes

COMPLETED, liliya was an inferni and one of general kirigan's closest advisors. she was not the conventional... More

TORTURED SOUL
GRAPHICS
ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
ACT TWO
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TEN

1.9K 100 179
By -tothelakes

CHAPTER TEN

Liliya was sat in her usual spot in the library waiting for Alina. Her trip to the infirmary had been quick since Alina had done very little damage. Liliya had finally stopped going easy on Alina and the black-haired girl had not expected what she had gotten. Liliya felt guilty to some extent but Alina wanted it. Now she knew just how talented some of the Grisha were and she could prepare. Or, be aware of what could happen if she went against the Grisha.

Liliya's hesitance and anxiety about their plan had dissipated over the past few days. Aleksander had taken Alina out and then proceeded to give her a few days break from her work. She deserved it after the nightmare that had been her life so far. Liliya had forced herself to stay away from Alina for those few days, observing from afar as she spent time with Nadia, Marie or Genya. In truth, she had missed the girl but now they were back together and she was just waiting.

"You look awful," Liliya commented as Alina strolled into view. She was redressed in her kefta. It was a silk matieral since they had yet to switch to the winter keftas. It was still far too warm outside for the thick wool. However, whatever material Alina was wearing she always seemed to hold an air of elegance even when she was fumbling.

"I was only just allowed out of the infirmary," Alina defended as she moved to next to the redhead. Liliya smiled softly and tilted her head, admiring Alina's face. Letting her gaze run over the soft skin of her face and her soft lips. Liliya licked her lips before meeting Alina's gaze.

"At least I didn't ruin your pretty face," Liliya smirked. The fliratious tone to her words and Alina blushed. Her cheeks turning red as she looked down to the pile of books in front of them. She didn't entirely know how to respond and Liliya loved that. It was so easy to make her flustered.

"I'll beat you one day," Alina decided, pushing a confident smile onto her face. Liliya chuckled and shook her head. The book that Liliya had aimlessly been flicking through previously was closed and added to one of the piles of books.

"In your dreams," Liliya responded. Her smirk widened a little and Alina looked to her. Her mouth falling open a little, unsure what to say or what Liliya meant by her words. A flirtatious undertone that Alina hadn't expected.

"What are you putting me through today?" Alina asked, gesturing towards the pile. She was clearly trying to change topic and Lilsiciya couldn't blame her. The black-haired girl clearly didn't know how to deal with it and Liliya had a feeling that this was the first time that a girl had openly flirted with her. It was cute to watch,

"I'm not sure. We've covered the basics. Pick something and read it," Liliya decided with a shrug. The redhead picked up a few books from the piles, the more interesting ones and slid them towards her. Alina stared at them, narrowing her eyes before she looked up at Liliya. One of her eyebrows cocked.

"You don't usually give me this much freedom," Alina said as she looked over the books that Liliya had picked out. Her fingers brushing along the spines before looking over to Liliya. The redhead was just watching with a soft smile.

"You've been working hard so I'm trying to be gracious," Liliya shrugged. Alina nodded and turned her head to the books. Her teeth sinking into her bottom lip, debating on whether to say what had come into her head.

"Maybe, I like you being cruel," Alina muttered. Liliya smirked even wider but still found her surprised by Alina's boldness. The redhead shrugged, attempting to be nonchalant.

"Of course you do. You're not the only one," Liliya said, sending the black-haired girl a wink. Alina caught the look and felt her jaw go slack. Liliya chuckled and then leant over the table. Her arms rested against the table as Alina picked a few books from the pile.

"So are you and General Kirigan...?" She asked curiously, trailing off unsure how to phrase it. Liliya knew exactly what she wanted to know.

"Together?" Liliya finished. Alina nodded, "We are but I don't mind sharing," Liliya answered, her smirk only widened. Alina's head shot in Liliya's direction and stared at her for a long moment, unsure how to respond to something.

"That's... I didn't-" Alina stumbled. Her cheeks burning red as she turned her head back to the books. Her hands reaching out to flick them over so she could read the blurbs.

"It's okay, Alina. Don't be embarassed," Liliya said softly, moving to rest her hand against Alina's. The black-haired girl turned her head to face Liliya, looking into her eyes. The two women staying completely silently. Liliya pulled away after a moment, letting her hands rest in her lap. Alina stared at the books for a moment, thinking.

"The Apparat approached me. Is he always like that?" Alina asked as she turned again. Liliya glanced around before meeting Alina's gaze again.

"Creepy?" Liliya asked. Alina nodded her head, "Yeah. Ignore him. That's what the rest of us do," She finished. Alina nodded, biting her bottom lip as she tried to debate what to do. Her hand resting against the desk, tapping her nails before she sighed and lifted her head.

"I can't ignore him. He keeps finding me..." Alina said. Liliya's eyebrows furrowed and she gently shook her head, looking around again. She had noticed that the Apparat was lurking more than he usually would.

"I'll have a conversation with Kirigan about him. That's odd," Liliya said. It was an attempt to reassure Alina but she still looked worried. Her nails still tapping against the desk as she pushed the books to one side.

"Is he going to hurt me?" Alina asked. Liliya scoffed at even the implication. From what she had heard from the crazed Apparat, he would never dream of hurting the precious Sankta Alina. Liliya didn't want to hurt the black-haired girl either but for completely different reasons.

"Oh, never. He thinks you are a saint. He wouldn't hurt a saint," Liliya shrugged. Alina furrowed her eyebrows and moved to sit up, opening her mouth.

"I'm not-" She began but Liliya was quick to cut her off with a wave of her hand.

"Don't dismiss the ideas so easily. You are the saviour of Ravka after all," Liliya responded, her smile growing. The reminder of their plan coming to mind. They would finally be free from the scrutiny and everyone would finally be under their control. Alina would certainly be the saviour just not in the way everyone thinks.

"I don't understand how I could possibly save Ravka," Alina mumbled. Sounding so unsure of herself. Liliya smiled and rested her hand against Alina's.

"You will. Just you wait," Liliya reassured, squeezing her hand. But then she pulled away, "Now, you're studying. Pick a topic," Liliya said gesturing to the pile. Alina nodded and then began to read through the blurbs. Liliya sat back and just watched for a moment, admiring Alina. The way she smiled and the confusion on her face when she didn't quite understand what she was reading. It didn't take her long to find a book that peaked her interest and she began to read.

Liliya then busied herself with the various pieces of paperwork she had brought to finish. Working diligently and answering all the questions Alina wanted. She didn't really know what to do with Alina that day and she seemed happy to just read quietly with the redhead as company for whenever it was necessary.

***

The last thing that Liliya had expected when she woke up late on her Saturday morning was Aleksander to be taking her out. Her clothes for the day laid out on the side. It was different to what she would usually wear even on her days off. It was a dress. Beautifully embroidered but still somehow casual.

In her sleepy haze, she wasn't even sure what it was. So simply rolled over and frowned when she found that Aleksander wasn't there. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she pulled his pillow up to her face. She just wanted to cuddle with him but she hadn't realised that he was already up in the bathroom.

It was ten more minutes before he came out and chuckled to find her half-asleep cuddled up to his pillow. He gently pried it away from her and Liliya let out a soft groan. Her hands reached out for it but found him and she tugged. Though she was sleepy and it didn't work as well as she wanted it to. He moved slightly but mostly stayed in place.

"Milaya, wake up," He said. Liliya's eyes fluttered open and she stared at him. Her arm moved to push her body up before she fell back onto her front and shook her head. Aleksander watched her for a moment before he sat on the bed. He pulled her closer and began to press kisses to her lips, attempting to wake her up a little more.

"I wanted to sleep in," Liliya mumbled as she finally pushed herself to sit up. Her arms stretching above her head as she arched her back. Aleksander pressed a kiss to her cheek before he stepped away from the bed. He then snatched up his clothes for the day and began to change.

"I know but I want to take you somewhere," He explained. Liliya furrowed her eyebrows and then looked around to spot the dress. Her head tilted and she slid off the bed before padding across the room. Her hands rested on the dress. The red embroidered roses travelling up the bodice. Her smile widened as she pulled it off the dresser. The full length now on show.

"This is beautiful," She said as she admired it. Her fingers feeling the fabric that was so soft and delicate but it felt durable and she knew it would keep her warm. Especially if the fabrikators had made it like she suspected they would have.

"I got it made just for you. My queen," He whispered in her ear. His hands wrapped around her waist before he pressed a soft kiss to her neck. His words made Liliya grin and she tilted her head back, connecting their lips in a soft kiss. He pulled away a little too quickly for her liking but she knew he was only getting antsy.

The two got dressed quickly and Liliya paired her dress with her usual boots. She knew that he wouldn't take her anywhere dangerous but a part of her was still worried about Isaak even if he should be so far away from her mind.

Once they were ready, they took two of the horses and Aleksander led them towards the forests of the Little Palace. It wasn't a long ride but Liliya was glad to be off the horse when they had arrived. There was a small clearing and just to the side was a large oak tree and a well. It was well-maintained but it looked old.

"When I was first granted the title of General of the Second Army, I liked to sit out here after we had been granted the land for the Little Palace. Under the stars. My mother noticed and she had the well built for me. A small cabin so I could sit under the stars all night long if that's what I wanted," Aleksander explained before he held his hand out to her. Liliya nodded and then took a hold of his hand. Their fingers intertwining as he led them a little into the woods. Hidden behind the oak tree was a cabin.

It was rickety and clearly old but well looked after despite it's age. The fire already seemed to be on inside the cabin. The smoke rising from the chimney. He then led her into the small cabin and she didn't know what to think. It was small. Just a fireplace, some chairs and a storage cupboard on the other side of the room. It served exactly the purpose Aleksander had said it would.

"How has nobody else found it?" Liliya asked curiously as Aleksander led her to one of the chairs. He allowed her to sit down and she shifted uncomfortably. Entirely unsure of what to do or what to say. It felt strange being here. Like she wasn't welcome when Aleksander had brought her here. Invited her here.

"It's quite far from the Palace on foot. Nobody has dared venture this far out," Aleksander explained as he leant over and picked the kettle up off the fire. A tea set already out on the small table. He poured the hot water into the pot and placed the lid on top before he settled in his own seat. The kettle discarded on the stone in front of the fire.

"It's so quiet," Liliya muttered as she tilted her head. Her gaze moved to the window that gave a perfect view of the trees. The early morning sun shining through the forest canopy. It was gorgeous and she couldn't help but smile.

"And that is why I like it," He explained. Liliya smiled and turned to face him. Looking into his eyes. A vulnerability there that she hadn't seen on his face for a long time. Not since they had made their vows to one another.

"Aleksander," Liliya said, gaining his attention back. His gaze had previously shifted back to the tea pot but her calling made him smile just a little.

"Yes, milaya?" He asked curiously.

"I love you," Liliya said as she stood up. She brushed her hands down the dress before walking over to his chair.

"I know," He said, following her with his gaze. His eyebrow raising slightly. He seemed entirely unsure where this was going.

"I mean it," She added as she moved to straddle his lap. The chair big enough for her to be able to sit comfortably. Her hands resting against the side of his face. Her forehead pressing against his, "I really love you. It scares me. I would do anything for you, anything," She mumbled. It felt silly to repeat things that they both knew but with the disconnect they had over the past week or so, it felt necessary to Liliya.

One of his hands rested on her waist while the other moved to cup her cheek. He tugged her closer on his lap and pressed a soft but passionate kiss to her lips. His eyes falling closed as she deepened the kiss. Her fingers pushing through his freshly trimmed beard. It was a little shorter than she preferred but she didn't entirely care in that moment.

"Milaya," He warned, pulling back from the kiss. A dangerous look in his eyes. Liliya chuckled softly, quickly realising what she had done. She had to admit that it was partly her intention but she also knew that they couldn't. Not here. It felt sacred.

"Sorry," She chuckled softly. His hand moved to her hair, pushing his hand through it. Her red locks being pushed behind her ear before he cupped her jaw. His lips pressing against hers again but he pulled away before either of them could become carried away.

"Never apologise," He whispered. She nodded and let her head fall against his shoulder. Her eyes falling closed, "Are you still tired?" He asked curiously. His hand moving to press against the small of her back. Liliya hummed in response and lifted her head.

"I am and I could fall asleep right here. Looks like we didn't need Ivan after all," Liliya muttered. Aleksander nodded and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek before allowing her head to fall forward. A question on his lips that he wanted to ask but he didn't know if he'd like the answer. Ivan was a sore subject for Liliya and he often avoided talking about his advisor. He trusted Liliya to be professional but the shift in their friendship was obvious. To Aleksander most of all.

"Do you dislike Ivan?" He asked. Liliya pulled her eyebrows together and let out a soft sigh. She knew she did but she didn't know how to tell him that without sounding spoiled. Ivan had nearly caused them to break up once and she was unwilling to let that occur but she couldn't lie. So, she stayed silent, unsure what to say.

"I do..." Liliya mumbled after a moment. Aleksander raised an eyebrow, urging her to go on and with reluctance, she did, "He doesn't like me. He betrayed me. He wanted me dead last year. I already brought this up with you once and we both remember how it ended which is why I didn't say anything when he betrayed me. When... I was with Isaak and the Shu, he abandoned me," Liliya explained. Her hands moving to rest against Aleksander's shoulders. Remembering her time with Isaak and the Shu made her uncomfortable. A frown on her face and an uncomfortable feeling all over her body. Aleksander did his best to soothe her with soft caresses.

"Abandoned you?" Aleksander asked. Liliya nodded. She pushed her fingers through her hair before deciding to just bite the bullet. Hiding it forever would only serve to cause more issues. Both for Liliya and Ivan and Liliya and Aleksander. He hated secrets when it came to their relationship. They didn't like lying to each other.

"I was shot by the Shu and we were going to leave. Take Daish with us and get out. I needed to use my shadows and we were going to run for it. We got out but then he betrayed me. He told me to duck and my leg gave out. I was on the floor and he didn't help. He stamped on my spine and left me to the Shu. You know what happened from there. That's why Ivan got to you first because he left me to die," Liliya finished. The anger laced her words but with Aleksander's continued caresses she grew calmer. The sadness overtaking everything. She hadn't seen Daish since it had happened. She hadn't heard from Yanovich and her father was trying to kill her. It was so different now.

Aleksander was silent for a long moment. His gaze fixed on her face. It seemed unsure but still calm and composed. Then his head turned and he looked out the window. That's when she saw that his jaw was set. He was frustrated, angry. Liliya leant forward and pressed a soft kiss to the column of his throat.

"But I'm okay now and I got out," She mumbled. She didn't know why she was covering for Ivan. He had betrayed her. Tried to kill her. He confessed to it and yet she tried to dull the anger that Aleksander felt. It was strange but Liliya still felt somewhat loyal to the man.

"He should never have abandoned you. I will speak to him about this matter when we return," Aleksander said. He then let the happiness overtake his features again. His hands moving to cup her cheeks and kiss her. Once, twice and then he pulled back, "Shall we eat?" He asked. Liliya nodded and pressed another kiss to his lips before she slid off his lap.

***

author's note!  just so y'all know, i don't like how kirigan acts in some of this chapter, it feels out of CHARACTER AND WRONG AND IM INSECURE ABOUT IT BUT ITS FINE, this chapter was basically soft!kirigan and then flirty liliya and IM LIVING FOR IT, i'm also keeping on top of my daily updates hehe, but this chapter was... an interesting one, also this is chapter 10 and ivan's shitty behaviour is brought up finally and it started in chapter 10 of the last act and i- i can't with that, IT WAS A COINCIDENCE I SWEAR but a weird one. ANYWAY, thank you for reading, i hope you enjoyed and i love y'all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.9K 2.4K 29
Katya turns out to be a Fire Summoner with unusual power. General Kirigan gives her private lessons and she loves his shadows - especially when they...
297K 10.3K 51
Daemon was a mystery to anyone who met her. But perhaps that's why he sought her. [Complete until Season 3!] [Shadow and Bone] [Netflix] [Season 1...
9.4K 303 17
Lilian Safin was the secret that nobody had known about except for general Kirigan. Isolated from everyone including her own sister doing everything...
399K 12.8K 62
A shadow snaked up my arm, a gentle caress, a brush of the night. "My name, Alina." I lifted my head. "Please, Aleksander." The darkness fell away...