THE CONTRACT (The Chosen Seri...

By knightwaters

{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... ***************************************************... More

AUTHORS NOTE & CHARACTER GUIDE
LUNCH DATE
WE ARE FAMILY
BURN BABY BURN
EVEN DOVES CRY
COCK BLOCK
WHERE ARE YOU NOW
FIDO
MO THINE
BITCH PLEASE
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE
HOW TO BREAK A BOND
BUSTED
CHECKMATE
COINS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
YOU'RE A WIZARD
PAIN AT FIRST SIGHT
WANNA PLAY
DO MONSTER'S CRY
I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT
DONT HATE ME TOMORROW
LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
BLACK HOLE
CRUZE THE NIGHT AWAY
BORN TO RUN
DANCING ON MY OWN
HOT SHOWER
STRONGER
HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
WHO'S THAT GIRL
YOUR SECRETS AND LIES
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
SAVAGE GARDEN
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
BESTIES
I NEED A HERO
THE FIRST TIME EVER IS SAW YOUR FACE
YELLOW BRICK ROAD
IF YOU JUST SMILE
I JUST CALLED TO SAY...
PRETTY WOMAN
YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
HOME SWEET HOME
MY HEART IS YOURS
HERE'S A STORY - OF A MAN NAMED BRADY
AT LAST, MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
IT'S TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
FIGHT FOR YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
EPILOGUE
SNEEK PEAK

A CHRISTMAS KICK IN THE BALLS

4.1K 267 67
By knightwaters

"You know I'm not going to stop until you tell me what's going on," Ava persists, her frustration evident in her pinched expression and bouncing knees as we follow closely behind Griffin's truck on our way up the Spur to the Ranch.

Leaving the Treehouse behind stirs up mixed emotions. I know one day I'll be back. For now, Alexei will probably keep me close, at least until we've had children. Then maybe he will relax the leash a little to allow me time to visit on my own.

I've made up my mind to keep this side of my life - especially my family ties - hidden from Alexei, at least for now. I don't want the community poking their noses into our business.

I even had doubts about bringing Isla home with me. But as long as Alexei doesn't know her true identity, I think it's best to get her out of the Spur and into the city.

"I'm worried about you. You keep promising to tell me what's going on, but still, we know nothing."

"Ava, there's nothing you need to worry about. I have it under control?" I attempt to reassure her, feeling the weight of her scrutiny.

"That's bullshit, and you know it. You forget my mate and I are linked, and I know. Erin, I know that there's more you aren't telling me," Ava insists, her voice tinged with sympathy but also impatience. "Who were you promised to?"

For the past five minutes, Ava has been pressing me for details about the contract. I know she's aware of my father arrangement. What she doesn't know is the full extent—he essentially sold me to protect them.

Blinking rapidly, I clench my teeth, attempting to suppress the surge of rejection and abandonment that washes over me. It's agonizing to realize that I was handed over to the Mikhailov family while Isla was kept hidden. It's not her fault, and considering all she's been through, I refuse to let my pain become hers.

Turning towards me and placing a warm hand on my free one, she gives it a gentle squeeze. "Will I get to meet him? Or better yet, have I?"

Her question and her sudden change in tactic catch me off guard, leaving me with no time to deflect or mask my reaction.

"I've met him, haven't I?"

"Ava!" I groan, feeling the weight of her penetrating gaze.

"Erin!"

Ava watches me closely, her body suddenly stilling and her large eyes widening. "It was him all those times, wasn't it?"

"Him? What?" I respond, feeling increasingly perplexed.

"All those phone calls, the meetings, the dates. It was him the whole time?" Ava inclines her head to the left, her dark eyes unnervingly starting to glow amber. "Who is he, Erin?" Her question comes out as a command, and I'm taken aback by the compulsion to answer.

Gripping the wheel tighter, I attempt to control my words, but Alexei's name tumbles from my lips before I can stop myself. The bitch compelled me!

"What the Fuck, Ava," I growl, anger dwelling deep in my core, "what did you just do?"

Jolting, a look of surprise crosses her features before being quickly replaced by guilt. Ava gasps, her hand that was previously resting on mine moving to cover her mouth, "I did it again, didn't I?"

"Forced me to talk? What the double Fuck?" I glare at her, navigating through the gates and down the long drive to the manor.

"I am so sorry, babe, I. Oh, God! I, shit! Griffin said that it would increase over time, but I had no idea I could do that without intent."

"Wanna give me a little more info on that? I have no idea what the Hell you are talking about?"

Biting her bottom lip, Ava shrugs, "It's the Alpha female thing. Apparently, I can be persuasive at times and get people to do things. You know?"

"No, I don't know," then, thinking on it, I recall Siobhan mentioning something about Ava having the ability to push her will onto others. "Actually, OMG, you totally rolled me, Bitch." I laugh, causing her to look at me with confusion. "No, seriously, do you know how many people have tried to compel me over the years and failed? Who would have thought that it would be my damn BFF that was able to do it."

"So you aren't mad?"

"Hell yes, I'm mad, but damn girl, that's some power you got there."

Looking sheepish, Ava suddenly turns and smacks my arm, not hard, but enough for me to jolt. "Alexander Mikhailov. THE. Alexander Mikhailov, the man that's so hot every girl in the city, has masturbated to his image. Mr. Mikhailov, our boss? Oh, girl, you better tell me everything and tell me now." She demands.

Peering ahead, I can see the large stone and steel gates of the Ranch coming into view. "Chill, girl, we're nearly at the Ranch, and I promise I'll spill the juicy details later."

"You keep promising later, Erin." Ava pushes, and I know she is right.

"Look, let's have a chat after lunch. Just you and me before I head home. K?" I plead, moving through the gates.

"Fine," Ava humphs, crossing her arms over her chest. "But only because we're here. But if you don't, I swear I will call Mr. Mikhailov myself and ask."

I roll my eyes as I park my car behind Griffin's truck.

I glance at the others as they exit, all donning Shay's sweatshirt without jackets, seemingly impervious to the cold. Turning to Ava, I give her my response. "Fine."

Grumbling but also grinning, her dark eyes gleaming with excitement, "I want ALL the details, and I mean ALL. You know I had a crush on him forever. OMG, the fantasies I used to have about him bending me over my desk after work. If it weren't for My Wolf, I would be exceptionally jealous right now." Pausing for breath and reaching for her door handle, she turns back to me, "he doesn't hurt you, does he?"

Hurt, well not intentionally, I think to myself before answering, "no, Ava, surprisingly, he isn't a massive jerk."

"Then why do I feel that you aren't happy?"

Wrapping my hand around the door handle, I sigh, "later, Ava, and don't tell the others, okay?"

"EVERYTHING." She mouths as she climbs out of the car, Griffin immediately moving to her side and pulling her into his massive body. Turning back to me as I step out, I see her mouth the word again before reaching up and tugging Griffin down for a loud and messy kiss.

"Doe, not that I mind your affection, but is everything okay?" Griffin chuckles, breaking the kiss.

"Everything's perfect. I just love spending time with your sister."

Griffin grins and returns to kissing his mate.

Putting thoughts of Alexei aside, I laugh and move to stand beside them. "Do you guys mind if we keep the sister thing on the down-low and between us?"

"If that's what you want, Ciara, then we will comply," Griffin replies, turning his body to face the Ranch, his shoulders hunching. "Ready?" He asks no one in particular.

"Yippidy do da," Shay replies. "Let's get this freak show over with. The quicker we get in there, the quicker we can go home."

I move to stand beside Shay and take his arm. "You ready, date?"

Shay grins and pulls me in close. "Certainly, my dear. I can't wait for someone to lose their shit when they realize their scent has now been replaced by mine."

*******************************************

"That's a lot of Shay," Siobhan chuckles, her eyes fixing on our matching Shay shirts as we step up to the porch. "Nephew, I see you've been spreading the Christmas cheer."

"Aunty, Merry Christmas." Releasing me, Shay pulls her in for a big hug, lifting her off the ground.

"Merry Christmas to ya too, and to the rest of ya. Quickly now, come inside and out of the cold. The others are already in the dining room," Siobhan instructs, releasing Shay and turning to Griffin, pulling him also into a hug. "Aye lad, it's good to see ya, it's good to see all of ya," she finishes, her eyes fixing on me briefly before stepping over to Isla. "You're looking better, love."

Isla offers her a small wave but remains silent.

"Still a woman of few words," Siobhan chuckles again.

I suppress a grin then shiver, feeling my skin thrumming as I follow closely behind.

"Shay Finneas Brady, you get over here and give ya Ma a hug," Eileen's voice booms, the sound still surprising considering she's such a small woman. Entering the foyer, I see her standing there, her light blond hair tied back, revealing her stunning blue eyes and wide smile, her arms open.

Moving over to her and lifting her into a bear hug, Shay spins his mother, her laughter sparkling with delight. "I missed ya too, Ma."

"Good, so ya coming home?"

"No, Ma," Shay groans, setting her down with a frown on his face, "you know why."

"Shay."

"Not now, it's Christmas. Let's save the drama for another day." Patting his arm and turning to face us, Eileen beams, "ladies, so good to see ya all. Come on into the dining room. The men are about to gnaw their arms off waiting to eat."

Yay, the eating routine!

When we enter the room, the Clan is already seated and waiting for us—five empty chairs resting at the end of the table.

"Ava, Griffin, we thought you two would like to sit at the other end of the table," Siobhan whispers, squeezing Ava's arm and stepping past towards the opposite end where Patrick waits.

I raise my eyebrow in question; however, it's Isla who notices and whispers, "strength sits at the head." I see Griffin nod his approval and follow his direction to where I know Patrick is sitting.

I smirk when I hear several comments from the pack on our clothing attire but ignore them. I really don't give a damn about what we may look like. We are our own little pack.

I allow my gaze to travel down the length of the table and startle. I sense him before I spot him. The pulsating sensation beneath my skin intensifies as I glance at the seat to Patrick's left. My heart races as I swallow, my mouth suddenly parched as I observe Liam. He sits in silence, his expression devoid of emotion, with only the subtle movement of his hands and a slight nod of acknowledgment towards our party.

I exhale softly and take my seat, sensing that something is off with him. Giving him a discreet glance, I notice his clean, pressed powder blue shirt, his muscles defined beneath the fabric. His chocolate curls are neatly styled, but it's his eyes that catch my attention. They hold an unfamiliar emotion as he gazes down at his plate, offering no further insight.

I bite the inside of my cheek, choosing to ignore Liam's mood. Scanning the room, I observe that the table has been expanded to accommodate both new and familiar faces.

A smile forms on my lips as I spot Bridgett, her fiery red hair contrasting against the sleeping child in her arms, a tuft of red fuzz peeking out from beneath the pink blanket that swaddles the infant. Seated closely beside her is Donal, a striking man with caramel-colored skin and a buzz cut, his protective gaze fixed on them both with pride.

Unsurprisingly, I can also see Roisin, exuding her usual arrogance. Her beautiful face shoots haughty glances towards our group, when she focuses on Isla.

Dressed in a fitting periwinkle blouse and with her dark hair perfectly styled, I bite down harder when I notice her seated on the opposite side of Liam. That proximity to the head of the table doesn't bode well.

Before I allow myself to dwell on her position and less-than-friendly behavior, my attention returns to the head of the table. Standing, Patrick clears his throat, his significant presence filling the room.

I'm taken aback when I notice that despite Patrick's powerful energy, it pales in comparison to the man sitting one seat away from me. Shifting my gaze to Griffin, I observe as he nods again, signaling for Patrick to begin.

"Welcome, family. First and foremost, Merry Christmas and Happy Yule." His commanding voice resonates across the room as everyone echoes his sentiments. "Secondly, before we indulge in our feast, we have some wonderful news to share with you all. Griffin, would you like to do the honors?"

I turn to my brother, noticing a slight flush on his cheeks before he rises, pulling Ava up with him and displaying her hand. Her ring finger sparkles with an impressive rock. "My mate has agreed to be mine at the Spring Equinox."

As the room fills with congratulatory wishes, Shay can't help but snicker, "I believe mating and knocking her up sealed the deal."

Snorting, we exchange a knowing glance before Oscar, Caitlín's husband and Roisin's father, taps his hefty hand on the table, redirecting everyone's attention to the head. As the chatter subsides, he rises, his slicked-back black hair framing his sharp features.

"I have some news to share as well," I watch Siobhan's expression shift from annoyance to neutrality in the background. "Liam, would you like to do the honors?"

My blood runs cold as I turn my gaze to Liam, a metallic taste filling my mouth as I wait. "Look at me," I silently urge him, but his eyes remain fixed on the woman across from him. Oh, no way!

Don't hate me tomorrow... Liam's words from last night are coming back to haunt me.

Please no...

Clearing his throat, the words that follow pierce through me like shards of glass. "It's been decided that Roisin and I will mate during the festival of Beltane."

Fuck...

********************************************************

Hello Readers...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter - I swear one of you guessed this would be the outcome...

Don't forget to comment.

X0X0X0X0

KnightWaters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.2K 32
I walked out of the bathroom and felt a presence behind me. I turned around and I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist and slammed me into the...
7.8K 239 9
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. You have been...
23.5M 640K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
12.5K 259 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...