THE CONTRACT (The Chosen Seri...

By knightwaters

{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... ***************************************************... More

AUTHORS NOTE & CHARACTER GUIDE
LUNCH DATE
WE ARE FAMILY
BURN BABY BURN
EVEN DOVES CRY
COCK BLOCK
WHERE ARE YOU NOW
FIDO
MO THINE
BITCH PLEASE
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE
HOW TO BREAK A BOND
BUSTED
CHECKMATE
COINS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
YOU'RE A WIZARD
PAIN AT FIRST SIGHT
WANNA PLAY
DO MONSTER'S CRY
I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT
DONT HATE ME TOMORROW
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
A CHRISTMAS KICK IN THE BALLS
TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
BLACK HOLE
CRUZE THE NIGHT AWAY
BORN TO RUN
DANCING ON MY OWN
HOT SHOWER
STRONGER
HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
WHO'S THAT GIRL
YOUR SECRETS AND LIES
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
SAVAGE GARDEN
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
BESTIES
I NEED A HERO
THE FIRST TIME EVER IS SAW YOUR FACE
YELLOW BRICK ROAD
IF YOU JUST SMILE
I JUST CALLED TO SAY...
PRETTY WOMAN
YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
HOME SWEET HOME
MY HEART IS YOURS
HERE'S A STORY - OF A MAN NAMED BRADY
AT LAST, MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
IT'S TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
FIGHT FOR YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
EPILOGUE
SNEEK PEAK

LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART

4.8K 283 53
By knightwaters

I wake early the following day, my eyes heavy with sleep, and instinctively reach out for Liam, only to find the other side of the bed empty. It's not a surprise, but his absence leaves a noticeable ache in my chest, a silent reminder of the connection we shared.

"One night, Erin. You knew it was only for one night. Pull your shit together, girl," I scold, stretching as a delicious ache throbs at my core. Fido certainly knows how to take control.

I smile at the memory of our evening together and climb out of bed to prepare for the morning.

First stop: the shower. Make that a long shower with lots of soap.

************************************************

With my car loaded and the cabin locked and tidied, I arrive at the treehouse and park. The delicious smells of breakfast greet me as I climb out of the car. Checking my watch, I grin when I see that it's 8 am, right on time. Carrying my gifts, I approach the front door and give it a solid knock.

"Merry Christmas, Bitch!" Ava exclaims, throwing open the door with a wide smile. She reaches out to take my box of gifts, planting a kiss on my cheek before stepping aside to let me in.

I wipe my boots on the mat and shrug off my coat, hanging it neatly on one of the hooks just inside the door. Ava whistles appreciatively, "Damn, girl, I think I have fashion envy right now." I glance down at my outfit: skin-tight black leather pants, a blood-red V-neck, and a silk blouse, knowing that my assets are on full display. However, one glance at Ava, dressed in a black turtleneck dress that accentuates her baby bump, reminds me of where the true beauty lies in this space.

Arm flying out automatically, Ava doesn't flinch when my hand fixes itself on her stomach. Smiling up at me, she covers her palm over mine, pressing it deeper into her flesh. "I know it's still early days," Ava starts, gently squeezing my fingers. "But I swear I feel him moving."

"Him?" I echo, my gaze dropping to her hand, and I momentarily forget about "mountain junior" when I notice it—the ring. So shiny. I squeal with excitement and grab her hand, pulling it up to eye level.

I can't help but ogle the massive European-cut diamond and platinum ring resting on her no longer naked engagement finger. "OMG, I think I just had a mini climax. When did this happen? Actually, forget that. Hold up, how do you know it's a him?" I gape at the information overload as she laughs at my reaction.

"I'm positive this little wolf must be a boy, considering he's completely drained all my energy," Ava gushes over her tiny bump. "Griffin says it's normal," she adds, looking at me with a blush forming on her cheeks. "You know, the passing out. But I think it's because I have a mini Alpha inside."

"Okay, I get that, little Alpha and all. But girl, seriously, let's go back to the massive ass rock," I drool, reaching out to touch. "So shiny, so pretty, I think I will call you mine."

Ava laughs and flexes her finger. We admire the ring, watching as the light shines off the many angles of the diamond. "It's my Christmas present. It was Aisling's," she explains.

I smile at her, recalling the memory of discovering the ring hidden in a small box under the floor. "I know, I remember."

"Shut the front door!" Ava yells excitedly. "Tell me everything."

"Later," I reply, my focus still on Ava. I want to wait until the others are around, not wanting to have to repeat myself. "Most importantly, what did you get the mountain for his present? Anal?"

Smacking my arm and blushing, she doesn't deny it. " You dirty, little hoe." I chuckle, then pull her into a tight hug. "I'm so proud of how far you've come. One day you're taking your first steps, the next... well, your taking it up the ass like a pro."

"Takes one to know one," she giggles, then pulls back, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Griffin makes me feel so secure, Erin. It's like he knows me inside and out. Like my body is an extension of his."

Her words give me pause, a pang of envy flaring briefly before I push it aside. I plant a sloppy kiss on her cheek, leaving a red mark on her skin.

Ava pushes me away and wipes her face with the back of her hand, groaning when her skin comes away with lipstick smears. "Now I have to go clean myself," she grumbles, then smirks. "So while I go upstairs, you can go and see your... BROTHER," she drawls out the word, chuckling, "all by yourself."

Rolling my eyes, I gesture for her to go, amused by her antics as she heads towards the staircase. Chuckling, I watch as she stomps her way up to what I suppose is her room. Turning, I make my way towards the enticing smells emanating from the kitchen, knowing that's where I'll find Griffin.

Entering the kitchen, I spot Griffin hard at work, and memories from yesterday flood back. Emotions surge as I'm reminded of the bond we shared. Griffin, sensing my presence, raises his head to meet my gaze, his familiar eyes locking onto mine. Catching sight of me standing there, watching him, he pauses, a soft smile forming on his lips. "Erin?" he says, his voice low and gravelly, my name sounding almost like a question.

Erin... The name feels strange on his lips. To him, I'm not Erin. I'm Ciara. I'm his sister. Without thinking, I move towards him, my steps quick and instinctive. Coming within arm's reach, I throw myself into his embrace, knowing he'll catch me, and bury my face into his chest as his arms envelop me. "Ciara," I mumble into his plaid shirt.

"Sister," he murmurs back, tugging me in closer.

We stay like that for a long time before I feel him shudder. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop him," he whispers, his voice heavy with remorse. Feeling wetness on my cheeks, I realize that I'm crying. "I tried," he continues, his voice breaking, his body shaking with emotion.

"I know," I sob back, not fully recalling the specific moment he's referring to, but understanding the depth of his dedication to protecting me. Drawing back and looking up at him, I see my brother—the boy who shielded me during our father's rages, the boy who endured beatings to keep me safe. "I've missed you," I confess, the words carrying more weight than I anticipated as they escape my lips.

"You have no idea how long I've dreamt of this moment," he tells me, lifting his hand to wipe away my tears. "I have my family back."

Letting him pull me back in, we hold each other for what feels like forever when another large body wraps around ours.

"Group hug," Shay's words bounce around the room as he smells my hair and groans, "Tiger, why do you smell like King Dick?"

"Seriously! You can smell that?" I ask incredulously. I had a 30-minute shower and scrubbed myself almost raw, trying to avoid this exact conversation.

"Shay, don't speak of your cousin that way," Griffin chides, letting me go and giving his friend a playful shove.

"Seriously! You too?" I groan, watching Griffin shrug.

Ignoring Shay's remark, I stand my ground confidently, refusing to be fazed by his words. With a raised eyebrow, I meet his gaze head-on, considering his towering stature compared to mine even with my boots on. "Jealous?" I challenge, smirking defiantly.

"In another life, Tiger, I'd be all in! But right now, I'm more worried than envious," Shay replies, his words sounding cryptic. "Another life?" I wonder silently, puzzled by his remark. I notice him exchange a glance with Griffin, who shakes his head in response, prompting Shay to look away.

"Anywho, the smell is faint and should be gone before we go to the Shit show," Shay says, brushing off the topic. Turning back to Griffin, he grins, "when's breakfast? I'm starving." Patting his very firm stomach, Shay looks towards the kitchen and the unset table.

"We're waiting for Isla," Griffin nods, moving back to a pan that's currently frying bacon.

"Seriously, does Trouble not know what time it is and how important breakfast is?" Shay grumbles.

"And morning tea, and brunch, and lunch, and afternoon tea, and pre-dinner. Shay, you sound like a hobbit," Ava jokes as she enters the kitchen, her face no longer showing any trace of my lipstick smear.

"What can I say? Food is life! Oh, and sex," Shay quips, then adds in a low voice, "if she'll ever let me near her."

Before I can probe further, Shay grabs my arm and pulls me toward the door. "Come on, Tiger, let's go get our girl."

"Alright, but where are we headed?"

"Isla's at her happy place, and if we don't go and get her, we'll never eat," Shay explains.

"I assume her happy place isn't the same as most people's?" I grin, my eyes lowering suggestively.

Laughing and grabbing two jackets off the hook, Shay hands me one and nudges a pair of hiking boots with his foot in my direction. "Nothing is ever that simple and easy for our girl," he replies. Taking one from him, I give him a questioning look as I put it on and zip it up. "As pretty as your other jacket and boots are, I don't think cashmere is waterproof, and your cute booties don't work with where we are going," he explains, stepping outside as I swap over the boots.

"And where's that exactly?" I ask, tying up the laces and stepping outside into the frigid air. I follow Shay to the back of the treehouse, where a double-door shed sits off to the right. The doors open automatically, revealing the interior packed with tools and equipment for living in the wilderness. But it's the massive black contraption at the front that catches my attention.

Ignoring my question, Shay jumps on the machine and starts it up, the engine roaring to life. He drives it out, snow and dirt flying from its huge wheels, and stops directly in front of me with a grin.

"Jump on, Tiger. It's time to see if you ride as good as you think you do," Shay says, thrusting a helmet in my direction and patting the seat behind him suggestively. Laughing, I climb onto the quad bike/snowmobile hybrid, meet the hulk, and pull the helmet on over my head. "You might want to hold on. I'm about to give you the ride of your life."

Deciding not to argue, I quickly wrap my arms around Shay as we take off, flying up the mountain towards my sister.

****************************************************

Several minutes later, the area thick with snow, we finally enter a clearing. Shay, true to his word, went faster than humanly possible. His reflexes and vision must be amazing to have navigated that terrain and not collided headfirst with a tree.

I gasp at the breathtaking sight as we slow down just before a crystal blue pool. Amazed, I watch the water, still flowing and steaming like a natural spring, a stark contrast to the frozen landscape surrounding it. Taking a moment to look around, I almost miss Isla, whose gracefully moving on one of the many fallen tree trunks.

Shutting off the engine, Shay jumps off and offers me a hand. I grasp it, allowing him to help me down, my boots crunching as he guides me over to Isla.

As we approach her, I notice the area behind her looks different, less mature, as if a fire had ravaged that part of the clearing. Glancing up at Shay, who is fully engrossed in watching Isla, I give him a nudge. "What's she doing?"

"Watch," he mouths, his focus unmoving from the figure before us.

Turning back to Isla, my mouth drops open when I see her spin multiple times on a branch no thicker than my arm. Her movements are flawless, with no sense of fear or hesitation as she turns. "She's dancing?" I question, still not sure of what I am watching.

"She certainly is, Tiger. Beautiful, isn't she?" The awe in Shay's voice is unmistakable.

"That's an understatement," I murmur in agreement, my gaze unwavering as I watch her leap and twirl, executing moves even the Prima Ballerinas that Alexei and Stephan make me watch struggle with. "What is she dancing to?"

Pointing to his ears, a knowing look on his face, I focus back on Isla, noticing tiny nude-colored pods in her ears, almost unnoticeable to the eyes. Landing yet another turn, her body twists until she faces us, a smile on her lips and no surprise showing on her features at seeing us.

Isla fiddles with something on her wrist then jumps down from her place of elevation and stops when she is standing only meters from where we are. Tilting her head, Isla removes her earpieces and places them in her jacket pocket. "Morning, sister."

"Morning to you too," I gape back at her, still unsure of what I witnessed. "Where did you learn to do that?"

"Television," she shrugs and turns to Shay. "Breakfast?"

"Yes," he grumbles, though his dimples show as he tries to hide his smile. "Now move your butt. I'm starving."

Nodding, she walks towards the quad bike and waits for Shay to climb on before inclining her head for me to follow. Positioning myself behind Shay, Isla climbs on behind me, her small body wrapping around mine as he starts the engine. Taking one last look at the hidden clearing, I see Isla looking towards the damaged part of the forest, her gaze unfocused, before leaning in and whispering in my ear, "I'm happy for you, sister."

"What are you happy about?" I ask, adjusting my helmet. Isla's gaze remains fixed on the clearing, and she disregards my question. Her nose wrinkles slightly, and she hugs me tighter as Shay accelerates, the forest blurring around us as we descend the mountain. Though she doesn't say it aloud, I sense she's referring to Liam.

************************************************

As Shay parks the quad back in the shed, I pull off my helmet and follow Isla up the stairs to the treehouse. Deciding not to linger on her earlier comment, I pose another question, "Hey, why didn't you wear a helmet?"

Opening the door and giving me a pointed look, she blinks slowly, "I don't need one."

Huh?

Pushing past us, Shay kicks off his boots and heads straight for the dining room, his tummy grumbling audibly. Laughing at the sight of the giant man-child, Isla and I follow suit and step into every kid's Christmas breakfast dream. Piled high on the table are mountains— and I mean mountains— of food. Spread out on clear white dishes are eggs, bacon, sausages, grits, pastries, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, pancakes, waffles, all kinds of fruits, and my personal favorite, porridge.

Taking my seat, I survey the abundance of food and then glance at the others. "Are we expecting visitors?"

Shay, piling another sausage onto his already overloaded plate, gives me a bewildered look. "Tiger, we don't have enough for other people."

"Really?" I gesture towards the ample spread, enough to feed a small army, and then look to Ava, who simply shrugs.

"Eat, Ciara. It's Christmas," Griffin offers with a shy smile, loading his plate even higher than Shay's and taking a large bite from a croissant before glancing at his mate.

Clearing her throat, Ava turns to face me. "Okay, so we're all here. Spill."

Swallowing a mouthful of bacon and setting my knife and fork down, I notice all four pairs of eyes focused on me, their expressions varying shades of curiosity. "Well, as you may have guessed, I've been able to remember bits and pieces of my time at the..." I pause, glancing at Griffin, who nods encouragingly. Taking a deep breath, the thought of that place giving me the heebie-jeebies. Shaking it off, I bite my lip. "Facility. My time with Aisling, the two of you," and on a softer note, eyes lowering, I add, "and my father."

Uninterrupted, I continue, "there's still a large portion locked away, in here," I say, tapping my temple with my forefinger. "But I remember, no, I feel, the important things."

Reaching across the table, Griffin takes my smaller hand in his much larger one and squeezes it. "I know, Ciara. We're just happy to have you back."

"I'm glad to be back, but let's eat and leave the heavy stuff for later." Returning the squeeze, Griffin releases my hand and smiles at me, his expression so full of warmth that it fills the room.

"Well, I, for one, am happy to have you join us, Tiger. It will certainly make for entertainment later today when we have to visit the oldies," Shay chimes in, his mouth full of waffle and winking suggestively.

Looking at Isla, I'm surprised when she grins at me. "Agreed, sister."

"What are you both talking about?" Ava asks, confusion written all over her face.

"Tiger over here bumped uglies last night," Shay supplies, then groans, shooting Griffin a glare and leaning down to rub his shin. "What?"

"Hold up, who?" Ava asks, her focus solely on me. "OMG, you didn't?" Cocking an eyebrow at her and blowing a raspberry, Ava bursts out laughing. "Oh, this is going to be too good. I assume you two can smell him on her?"

"Unfortunately, but it's faint, and now I can also smell Shay and my own scent on her," Griffin grumbles.

"Meh, it was just sex," I deadpan, sipping at my coffee. "And if anyone has an issue, they can shove it where the sun don't shine."

"And that is why you are my favorite person today. I wonder what would happen if I rub more of my scent on you? Bet you someone would bust a nut," Shay muses, groaning again at what must be another kick from under the table. "Too much?"

As we chuckle at Shay's expression, our conversation naturally transitions to discussing Shay and his family dynamics.

With a grin, I take in the sight of everyone around me, enjoying each other's company, laughing at the silly moments, and I realize—they're mine.

******************************************************

Shay lets out a loud belch, leaning back in his seat with a satisfied grin, his large hands rubbing his taut stomach.

Ava snorts, her cup of coffee almost empty but cherished, "Looks like someone enjoyed breakfast."

"Sure did," Shay's grin widens as he stretches his arms behind his head.

Griffin clears his throat, "Time to clear the table. Shay, you're with me. Ladies, assist Isla with packing while we handle this, then we can exchange gifts." He shoots a pointed look at Shay, signaling there's no room for debate.

"Seriously, what's the point of being the Beta if I'm stuck doing cleanup duty?" Shay complains, rising reluctantly but complying with Griffin's directive, taking my empty plate.

"Beta?" I inquire, turning to Ava and Griffin for clarification.

"I'm like the VP of this crew. You know, Vice President, only second to the boss," Shay explains, adopting a mock serious tone.

"I'm not your Alpha," Griffin mutters, gathering several trays and carrying them towards the kitchen.

"Aww, stop being so frigid. You know you're the only Alpha for me," Shay chimes in, hoisting his own trays and trailing behind.

"Quick, let's get out of here before Shay starts complaining again," Ava chuckles, rising from her seat and gesturing towards the stairs. "Come on, girls, we have some packing to do."

Frowning, Isla stands, "I'm already packed."

"Girl, if what you have in that little bag is considered packing, then you have a lot to learn." Ava nudges Isla towards the stairs before turning to me, her voice low and conspiratorial. "You, my BFF, are now responsible for taking your little sister shopping. She's in desperate need of a retail makeover."

Grumbling audibly, Isla stomps up the stairs, clearly overhearing our conversation, while the rest of us girls snicker closely behind her.

************************************************

Okay, no sexy time with FIDO in this chapter. But I do love me a little bit of Shay.

BTW, I am loving some of the theories coming through about where this book is heading... Some of them are pretty close - not 100%, but it's like some of you readers are in my head - Bwhahahahahaha...

So please keep the comments and votes coming - they really do inspire me.

X0X0X0X

KnightWaters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87K 2.4K 44
Warning: This book contains mature content. "Your scent is driving me crazy, mate. You're so ready for me," he said darkly, inhaling deeply, intoxica...
166K 2.2K 34
This story contains mature theme. You may not proceed if you have any issues with that. This is just a fictional set-up , I do not support such behav...
29.2K 591 24
23 year old carefree Amani just moved into her new home at the edge of the woods, unaware that she was only mere feet away from Werewolf territory. T...
51.7K 855 61
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...