Why Me, Not Her? || Reader In...

By Midnight_Melody906

[SLOW UPDATES AND UNDERGOING EDITING] [ON HAITUS TILL FURTHER NOTICE.] Getting reborn as a knight of a game... More

Prologue | 0
One | 1
Two | 2
Three | 3
Four | 4
Five | 5
Six | 6
Modern | Special
A Question For You Readers!
Results!
> Chapter 8 <
> Chapter 9 <
> Chapter 10 <
> Chapter 11 <
> Chapter 12 <
> Chapter 13 <
> Chapter 14 <
Character list
Character list pt.2
Fanart β™‘
> Chapter 15 <
> Chapter 16 <
A/n
Fanart #2 β™‘
Crush Killer | A Special
Seven-teen | 17
Eighteen | 18

> Chapter 7 <

6.9K 361 333
By Midnight_Melody906

"Draft" - Talking

Draft - System talking

Draft - Thoughts

(Draft) - Me talking

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures used in this story unless stated otherwise, I only own the cover, plot, and my original characters

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

[A/n} If you see this --> (̶D̶r̶a̶f̶t̶)̶  and it doesn't end with a '-S' at the end it isn't the System talking. Just so you know :)

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

~ Your POV ~

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

"Huh?" Was your oh so intelligent reply.

"Ovia has been invited to a tea party with the noble Revin family and as her personal knight - and butler - you must accompany her to serve both her needs and protection, so go get ready"

Internally groaning, you nodded at the king before bowing and excusing yourself.

The game never mentioned Ovia going to a tea party with this unknown noble family, but you guess it would be way too much work to include every single thing Ovia did, not to mention this was technically real life now so it did make sense for her to be invited to places you didn't know about.

Anyways, you needed something nice since you were going to a noble family, but at the same time you could fight in it if you needed to for some reason, so here you were rummaging through your closet and inventory for something to wear.

Sighing in relief when you found an outfit (You can change it into any color(s) you want or choose an outfit you'd like to wear instead if you don't like it) that would be formal enough you wouldn't look like a commoner - even though you were one - and look like you actually put effort into it, but at the same time inform them that you were a knight, not a noble.

(The outfit^)

You didn't really want unmarried females all over you trying to get married with you - *Cough*And try to get into your pants*Cough* - and despite knowing there would still be some who would still try, it should make most of them back off.

Hopefully at least.

Once you finished putting on your clothes and your weapons, you exited your room while tying your hair into a low ponytail using a [Color] ribbon to match your outfit and to just make your hair look much nicer then it would have if you just used a normal hair tie.

Knocking on Ovias' door, you took a step back when you heard scrambling behind the door and the door opening.

It seemed that she was already dressed.

The maids must have helped her with it.

Giving  Ovia a polite smile, you complemented her light pink dress  (Just make it a bit longer and puffier) that stopped right at her ankles showing her white medium height heels.

(The outfit^)

It was formal enough to make it look like she put effort into her outfit, but didn't go over board.

Simple, but cute. Something Ovia would defiantly wear.

Ovia giggled before smiling back at you.

"Thank you [Y/n], you look quite dashing yourself".

Bowing your head slightly at her in thanks, you glanced back up at her.

"We should go to the carriage now if we don't want to be late"

She nodded so you turned and started to lead the way there.

~~~

It seemed you were the one supposed to drive the carriage.

You didn't even bother asking people where the actual driver was and why he wasn't here yet

You already knew.

Can't believe he's still not over that fight. It was over a week ago! Did he quit or something? Wouldn't be surprised if he did though not gonna lie

Luckily you already knew how to drive a carriage without making it crash into things, so that was nice.

You're welcome (●ˇ∀ˇ●)

I wasn't talking to you

But I was the one who made you learn it! Σ(っ °Д °)っ

Not wanting to answer the System, you did what you do best.

Ignoring him.

(┬┬﹏┬┬)

Like I said - well typed - you ignored him and all his whining.

Looking around your surroundings, you turned your attention back to the front when you saw nothing interesting or worth while to look at.

I'm boredddddddddddddddddddd

And what do you want me to do about it? 🙄

I didn't even ask you anything because first of all, you can't do anything other than annoy me - (Hey!) - and second of all, roll your eyes at me one more time and I'll promise you you won't have anything to roll  - (And I oop- Will do! 🤐👌) - now shut up so I can pay attention to the road

You didn't know what the System was so scared about, it's not like he had any eyes for you to rip out, but oh well, at least he shut up e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶k̶e̶y̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶e̶.̶

Oh and it seems like we're here.

Looking at the map you were given before you left the castle, you confirmed this was the place. The metal gate that had the Revin crest on it also further proved it.

It was, you guessed it, a raven surrounded by gold vines, the vines getting less and less as it goes up. It was a rather nice symbol.

Stopping the carriage at one of the empty places that wasn't taken by another carriage already, you got off the drivers seat and walked towards the elegant white door.

Opening it, you gave your hand to Ovia who took it and helped her down so she didn't trip and humiliate herself. Can't have that happening now could we?

As soon as Ovia was safely on the ground a maid walked up the two of you and immediately bowed before straightening up with her head bowed and her eyes staring at the ground.

"Hello Lady Tryan, sir Porter, I'll be escorting you the way, please follow me" 

While you were following her through the mansion and out the back door, you wondered how she knew your names, but just shrugged it off. Most people would know about Ovia by now and you were the best knight in this kingdom so you didn't think too much about it.

The maid soon stopped and turned to deeply bow at you two once again.

"The party is being held here, please have a wonderful afternoon" 

(The mansion^)

The maid soon stopped and turned to deeply bow at you two once again.

"The party is being held here"

You just gave a small hum in acknowledgment since you knew by experience they wouldn't get up from their bow unless you were gone - something Ovia didn't know yet and was trying to make her stand up, but clearly failed - and started to lead Ovia towards all the tables filled with food, female nobles, and a few maids and butlers standing off to the side.

As soon as you two got to the area, two female girls who was sitting at the throne like chairs at the front of the biggest table there was, stood up from their seats and started to walk towards you two with what seemed to be an excited smile.

(The girls^)

It was fine though that they were freely showing their emotions.

They both seemed to be around the age of 13-14 and most noble families didn't really care if you did or didn't as long as you didn't humiliate yourself and tarnish your families reputation at that age, but as they got older they would defiantly have to start hiding them (They're emotions).

"Hello! I'm Arya Revin" Said the red one.

"And I'm Freya Revin!" Said the blue one.

Since you technically weren't really allowed to talk unless addressed, you stayed silent and Ovia was the one that did the talking.

"Hello, I'm Ovia Tryan and this is [Y/n], my personal knight and butler"

Seeing the two look at you, you gave them a polite smile and bowed your head, ignoring the girls in the background who squealed and not so quietly gossiped about how hot you were and what a shame you weren't a noble.

(̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶d̶d̶e̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶t̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶o̶n̶e̶r̶.̶)̶

"A pleasure to meet you"

Once again, you ignored the girls in the back talking about how 'soothing' your voice was.

The girls looked at each other and smiled at the exact same time at you reminding you of your siblings. Hm, you should see if you could go visit them on your day off.

"The feelings mutual! Anyways, we have tons of knights, butlers and maids around here, so you can do pretty much anything you want to do rather than stay here. Of course you can't do things like stealing, snooping, kidnapping, kil-"

"Arya, I think he understands"

You sent Freya, the blue one, a subtle thankful look who in turn nodded at you.

So she was the mature twin. Wonder if she was the older or younger one.

Meh, you weren't going to ask.

Even though you were given permission to go, you still had to get Ovias, so you looked at her and luckily she understood what you meant.

"Of course you can go [Y/n]! I can't imagine how boring it would be for you, so go do something you'd like to do"

Bowing at Ovia, you thanked her before excusing yourself.

The garden from what you could see was quite the nice one, so you were going to go explore it and you didn't really want to go look around the mansion. You've had enough of looking at walls and doors, even if they were very nice doors and walls.

And no it wasn't because you didn't want to have people fawning over you, nope, nada, absolutely not.

Humming a song your mom - From this world, your other moms singing was like nails on a chalkboard. Y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶u̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶m̶i̶n̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶j̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶a̶c̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶r̶t̶u̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶r̶a̶i̶n̶e̶d̶  -taught you softly under your breath, you looked all around yourself and you wished you had a camera to take pictures, but sadly those were super expensive and you weren't keen on spending that much money even if you could could technically be called semi wealthy in this world. Seems like your past self not spending much money traveled with you.

Hearing some bushes move, you looked up from the flowers you were looking at and stood up from your previous crouching position where you were looking at some [Favorite flowers] that were planted there.

Is it an animal?

Your curiousness soon overcame your cautiousness so you approached the area and moved the bushes out of the way while carefully making sure you didn't scratch yourself, those tiny scratches hurt like a - excuse my language - bitch when anything got in it.

You were expected an animal of some sorts, but you were definitely not expecting a male around your age if not a year older than you, well physically at least.

Blinking a couple of times to see if you were just imagining it, you soon realized you weren't.

"Hello?"

The boy instantly flinched and shrunk back more into the wall which was quite the feet considering how his long limbs were from what you could see.

"Hey, I won't hurt you" It didn't seem to assure the boy making you internally sigh.

"Here, I'll even back away and keep my hands up in the air"

Stepping back, you put your hands up and watched patiently as the boy slowly crawled out and you noticed that his clothes that clearly belonged to a noble, so there was no way the kid was a thief or something like that.

Good because you didn't really feel like beating someone's ass today.

That is, if he wasn't just a criminal/thief/etc just pretending to be one. Hopefully he actually wasn't because like I said - *cough*Wrote*Cough* - in the last sentence, you didn't feel like beating someone up.

He slowly stood up and you watched with your eyes at how raised to his full height and realized he was much, much taller than you. He was like 6'4 or 6'5 and he was still hunched over for god's sake! (If this is how tall you, or your oc assuming you replaced it with an oc, just make him taller than you because I want him to be a giant :) )

You two stood in silence, so you slowly brought your hands down - they were getting numb just being held up there - as the males blue eyes immediately zeroed in on it and watched with caution and you saw him tense up from where you were standing.

And after that, it was awkward silence, so you cleared your throat into your fist in a pitiful attempt to make it less awkward.

You failed.

"A-ahem, my name is [Y/n] Porter, what's yours?"

The white haired male just started at you and you were starting to think he was just going to ignore you but you just barely caught onto what he said.

"Pardon me, but can you say that a bit louder?"

You could see his hair covering most of his face and him rubbing his arm nervously before he answered louder than before, but it was still rather quiet. 

Nathan huh? 

"Well, hello Nathan. Do you mind telling me why you were hiding in the bush and not out there with all the other nobles?"

The male now named Nathan, winced and a rather sad look graced his - *cough*Handsome*cough* - face.

Damn, if you took a picture of him right now, you could gain a lot of money, but you didn't have anything to take a picture with.

What a pity.

Just kidding, you weren't going to be a creep and do that.

(̶U̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶e̶!̶)̶

"Y-you don't have to answer if you don't want to! After all I'm just a knight and your a noble"

You clearly weren't the best when it came to comforting people, you were more of a listener than a talker if you were being honest which was why you kind of tried to become a therapist in your old life, but clearly failed.

His face became even sadder than before and you could see his lips moving, but couldn't make out what he was saying with how fast and slurred it was even with your advanced hearing.

"Pardon?"

"I said, I-I'm half noble, half c-commoner"

Nathan eyes were shut tightly and he hunched over even more like he was clearly getting ready for rejection, but to his surprise, you started laughing which only made him even more bad.

"M-my apologize, it's just that I'm also a commoner so you don't really needed to act like it's a bad thing"

The white haired male opened his blue eyes in shock and his mouth was dropped a little and for a good reason too.

Most knights were actually nobility, usually being the second, third, forth, and so on son with only very few commoners actually became knights and even if they were, they're usually never with any nobles since only high ranking knights were hired. They clearly didn't think a so called commoner could protect them much, another reason why they never advanced through the ranks. In fact, the only reason why you even managed to get hired and raise the ranks at all was because you had Duke's son's favor!

"Y-you're joking"

"I'm really not. Have you ever heard of a noble with the last name 'Porter'?"

Nathan slowly shook his head.

"See?"

"A-alright, I guess I believe you..."

After that it was silent. It wasn't necessarily awkward like before, but it wasn't a comforting one either, it was just ... quiet.

You didn't bother repeating your question again, it was quite obvious. One of his parents had an affair with a commoner and so he was basically an outcast in his family. As sad as it might be, it was life.

Taking out your pocket watch, you looked at it pursuing your lips, ignoring how Nathan's eyes immediately zeroed in on the action.

He had quite the sharp eyes.

Damn, you were jealous. It took you forever to be able to see every all the little details and movements while he was just naturally blessed with them.

"It was a pleasure talking to you Nathan, but I must be going now. I need to go check on Ovia, good day"

You turned on your heel before walking away only briefly stopping when you heard Nathan say something.

"Of course you will"

And just like that, you started making your way through the garden while glancing around you every once and awhile. Although the garden at the castle was defiantly much more nicer, this one had a certain charm to it.

Maybe Nathan had something to do with it.

He did have that certain aura male leads had, but you knew he defiantly wasn't one of the five male leads nor was he mentioned in the game from what you could remember.

I don't like him 눈_눈╬

You don't like anyone I meet.

Hmph, whatever(︶︹︶)

(̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶)̶ ̶-̶S̶

"Ah [Y/n], there you are"

Bowing at Ovia, you apologized while pushing away what the System said into the back of your head to be forgotten.

"My apologizes Ovia for keeping you waiting. Are you ready to go or shall we stay for a bit longer?"

"I'd like to go back to castle please, we've been here for quite some time and I'm sure everyone else will leave soon as well"

Nodding at her, you excused yourself to go get the carriage ready while Ovia said her goodbye's to the people who were still at the tea party.

~~~

Petting the white horses that were pulling the carriage for a bit, you stopped when you saw Ovia approaching.

Giving the horses one final pat, you walked towards the door before opening up the door that had gold engravements and designs.

You gave her your hand and helped her into the carriage so she didn't fall or rip her dress.

"We'll be taking off now"

Starting the carriage, you exited the gates and entered the roads once more to go back to the castle.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter and feel free to give your opinion ^^

Word count: 3663

(Well now you know the minimum amount of love interests!)

(The reason why there's so many is because I'm sure not everyone will like all the character's so there will be plenty of love interests with different personalities!)

(And totally not because I like searching up and simpi-I mean looking at the pictures :D)

(Yep, totally, absolutely!)

(̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶)̶ ̶ ̶

(̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶?̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶✨̶😩👌✨̶)̶ ̶ ̶

(̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶u̶p̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶;̶)̶)̶

(I may not be gay, bi, pan, etc, but I gotta agree with her on that one, they are kinda attractive)

(What do you mean 'KiNDa'?! They're so ho-kjsd sfgasjg )

(Excuse her, her inner simp is coming out, after all there is a reason why her username is called 'One Hell Of A Simp')

(I still can't believe she took Sebastian's saying and changed the butler part into 'simp' though, smh)

(Oh! And no need to be worried about her sentence being cut off! ^^)

(I just grabbed her computer as we are in school and this poor human being forget her phone at home and I'm currently hiding in the boys bathroom :))

(And since I know she won't delete this as some people would have already seen it, I just want to say that I'm better looking than all of the love interests ✨😌💅✨)

(Lol, I can hear her yelling at me XD)

(N E WAYS, I think I can hear her go back so Imma publish this and then I'm gonna go after her before she uses another computer)

(Good bye lovely readers! 😍)

~~~

EDIT

(I can't believe he just exposed me like that ✊😔)

(If he hadn't known so much about me, I would have dropped kick his ass like I would have to anybody else, but sadly he knows way too much about me to leave him 😔)

(Hush now lady, everybody here knows that you love me 😏🤚)

(Fhiu skjhqwe hfih qjrhgh g, she literally went offline and left me outside her house before giving me the finger XD)

(*WHEEZE* I'M DYING FROM HOW HARD I'M LAUGHING, SHFQ LWH GQG)

( SOMEONE PLEASE SEND HELP-KJH WFKNK QWQENGR 😂😂😂)

(I CAN'T BREATHJHQJW HFV JQR )

--------------------------------------------------------

 I do not support actual yandere behavior, this story is purely for my entertainment and yours as well, should you know someone who shows those types of behavior, do not hesitate to seek help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...