TORTURED SOUL, general kiriga...

By -tothelakes

COMPLETED, liliya was an inferni and one of general kirigan's closest advisors. she was not the conventional... More

TORTURED SOUL
GRAPHICS
ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
ACT TWO
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER SIX

2.4K 110 91
By -tothelakes

CHAPTER SIX.

The meeting with the King had gone well. He seemed impressed which was exactly what Liliya and Aleksander needed. The redhead had spent a few days trying to recover and formulate plans. She kept herself to herself but Aleksander had requested that she oversaw training with Alina so Liliya finally decided to put herself out there.

She was happy to find Roma there when she arrived. Her black kefta left in her room and she simply wore her underclothes. Her hands resting at her sides as she walked up next to Roma. The curly-haired man smiled at her appearance.

"The Summoner is improving quickly, I must admit," Roma said as he watched the black-haired girl run back out of the training arena. Liliya nodded, watching her leave. Admiring her slightly with a smirk spreading across her face, "Why are you looking at her like that?" Roma asked. Liliya's gaze snapped back to Roma.

"No reason. Do you want to go hand-to-hand while we wait for her?" Liliya asked, raising an eyebrow cockily. Roma narrowed his eyes, glancing over towards Lev. He was training with Zoya while the two were back at the Little Palace.

"Sure," Roma said as he gestured for her to follow. The two of them slotted in the empty space and she lifted her hands up. Her shoulders rolling before she relaxed, allowing her face to turn stern. Her body moved quickly as she threw her first punch. Her pace was unrelenting as the two duelled. Her punches and kicks hitting with precision that Roma couldn't match.

He did his best to dodge, weave and duck under her attacks but he couldn't fight back as effectively as he used to. With Aleksander's help, Liliya had improved significantly and the shadows were unknowingly helping her in her attacks.

Liliya pressed her knee against Roma's throat, keeping him down, just as Alina ran back inside from another circuit. She slowed her run to a walk as she stared at Liliya who lifted her head at the exact right moment, giving the girl a smirk. She then lifted her knee off Roma.

"I am never sparring with you again," Roma chuckled as he rubbed his throat. Liliya chuckled and held her hand out, hauling him to his feet.

"You love training with me," Liliya said as she stepped back. Roma looked at her for a moment before he shrugged. Alina was still watching the two and Liliya noticed. She sent Alina a smirk and thought for a moment, "I think Alina should get to know what she's up against, right?" Liliya asked. Roma stared at her, silently telling her to stop but Liliya was already walking over. Her hips swaying and her smile widened.

"You're the woman who was stood with General Kirigan," Alina said, her words falling from her lips without - it seemed - her permission. Liliya smiled and nodded, holding her hand out.

"Liliya, it's lovely to meet you Alina. I would have joined you and General Kirigan to meet the King but I ran into some issues," Liliya said as Alina tentatively took her hand. They shook and the redhead then stood back. Her gaze landed on Botkin who was too distracted with another student to question what the precious Sun Summoner was doing.

"You wear his colour. Nobody else does," Alina stated but it was clear she wanted to know why. Liliya nodded and then gestured for the brunette to follow. Alina did with little to no question, stepping in time with the redhead.

"I have a special relationship with General Kirigan. Though that isn't important. How are you finding your training?" Liliya asked as she moved them into an empty space. It was a little secluded from the rest of the students but if they were going to be practicing, they certainly needed it.

"How should I be finding it?" Alina asked and Liliya chuckled. She adjusted her sleeves before meeting the brunette's gaze again. She tilted her head slightly, a smirk appearing on her lips.

"Well, I suppose if you like being on your back, it's a nice way to spend the morning," Liliya responded with a shrug. Alina's eyes widened and Liliya just smirked wider before lifting her hands in front of her face, "Show me what Botkin has taught you so far and then I'll show you what you can be like," Liliya said as she stepped closer. Alina stared at her for a moment, unsure what she should do.

"You want me to hit you?" Alina asked. She sounded nervous, unsure and it was oddly endearing.

"Yes. Don't worry, my shadows won't hurt you and General Kirigan will have no problems. I'll be healed by midday," Liliya reassured as she gestured for Alina to step closer. The girl stared for a moment longer before dropping her doubt. The fist punch was weak but she had the technique down. Liliya was quick to smack it away and that fuelled Alina.

The next punch had more power behind it and it was quicker than Liliya had expected. She had to duck under it, catching a glimpse of her next move which made it easier to knock it away.

"You've got the technique down. Would you like me to fight back?" Liliya asked. Alina nodded but the redhead wasn't sure that she was ready. Going easier on her at first would be better but when Liliya threw her first punch, it landed and she realised how easy she would have to go.

"Ow," Alina said as she lifted her hand to her jaw, rubbing the spot that Liliya had hit. The redhead frowned and stepped closer, taking a hold of Alina's wrist and pulling it away. Her gaze flicked across the red mark before she pressed her fingertips against it. Alina winced and Liliya sighed

"I'm used to Roma who is much more used to bruises. I didn't mean to hurt you," Liliya said as she brushed her fingers along Alina's jaw before letting her hand drop. Alina just stared at her for a moment, her mouth slightly open, but she collected herself and shrugged.

Then she threw a punch and it landed right against Liliya's jaw which disoriented her. Another hand pressed against her chest and Alina's foot was behind Liliya's. So, while Liliya was trying to reorient herself, Alina shoved and Liliya fell onto her arse. Letting out a groan as her head smacked against the floor.

"Botkin taught me to never get distracted," Alina said, a victorious smile on her lips. Liliya chuckled and opened her eyes. She was certainly surprised by the actions but glad Alina was at least somewhat smart. It meant she wouldn't be killed if she was ever foolish enough to try and leave.

"That was a good lesson. Now, try and take me down again," Liliya challenged as she stood back up. She stepped closer to the brunette. Her smile widened and she lifted her hands, "Come on," Liliya encouraged. Alina narrowed her eyes and glanced around the arena. Almost everyone was distracted but two black-haired people were watching. A man and a woman. Arina and Roma.

"Why are they watching us?" Alina asked, nodding her head towards the pair. Liliya glanced back and sent them a smirk before turning back to Alina and shrugging.

"They want to see one of us fall on our arse, now come on," Liliya encouraged as she stepped closer. Alina watched her for a moment before she gave in. She stood in her position, adjusting her thumbs and position of her hands. Liliya recognised the hint of a smile on Alina's face before she threw her first punch which Liliya ducked underneath expertedly. Liliya didn't try to attack and instead, took a step back herself. Her smirk appeared when she saw the determination on Alina's face. Liliya stayed on the defensive as Alina continued to throw her punches. All of them failed but Liliya didn't fight back.

That was until Alina managed to land a punch to her stomach. Liliya let out a soft cry but recovered quickly. She took two quick steps forward and threw a punch before Alina could even comprehend it. It landed on her jaw and the second fist landed on her chest. It hurt Liliya's knuckles but she ignored the pain, kicking her leg out into Alina's stomach.

The brunette stumbled back. Her eyes stung with tears and her hand gripped the bruise on her jaw. Her gaze landed on Liliya who was just waiting for another round. Alina stood and came quickly. A punch landed on Liliya's face, hitting her nose. It had more power than Liliya expected and she heard the quiet crack. But the pain was second nature and she fought through it.

Alina went for a second punch to the face but Liliya ducked. Her knees nearly buckled under the pressure but she threw a punch into Alina's stomach and gained her orientation back quickly. Alina, on the other hand, hadn't expected it and wasn't expecting Liliya shoving her to the side either. The brunette stumbled over her feet and fell onto her side.

A cry escaped her lips and she rolled onto her back quickly. Her hands pushed against the floor in an attempt to push herself up but Liliya pressed her boot against Alina's chest. A bloody smirk spread across Liliya's face before she wiped her bleeding nose with the back of her hand.

"I've got to admit it, Alina. You are stronger than you look," Liliya said, keeping her boot in place. Alina stayed still, getting her breath back as she panted. The redhead smiled and then held her hand out, "Come on, I'll take you to the Corporalki and we can get healed," Liliya added. The brunette hesitantly took Liliya's hand and Liliya assisted her to her feet.

"You nearly got beaten by the newbie, Lili. What happened?" Arina asked as she strolled over. Liliya chuckled and pushed the lose bits of hair from her face. Alina just stood back, unsure what to do with herself.

"Our Summoner has a lot more to her than meets the eye. I suppose the First Army's fighting skills aren't as bad as we assumed," Liliya shrugged. She could feel the blood dribbling over her lip and Roma was watching it. A grim expression on his face. Liliya then turned to face Alina.

"This is Arina. My fighting partner and a Tidemaker. This is Roma. He's an Inferni and trained with me since I arrived," Liliya explained. She gestured to the two who held warm smiles. None of them knew of Liliya and Kirigan's plans and she wanted it to stay that way.

There were short introductions before Liliya managed to take Alina away. The two of them walking from the arena towards the Infirmary. Liliya didn't allow Alina to stray too far and found herself flirting with the girl, her smile widening at Alina's flushing. It was cute and she knew that she would have some fun with the girl.

***

Liliya spent an hour or so being checked out in the Infirmary again before she was allowed to leave. By then, Alina had gone off to her lesson with Baghra leaving the redhead free. So, of course, she decided to seek out Genya. Liliya had been waiting to see her since she had arrived back at the Little Palace. Part of her wanted Genya's help to look... better and the larger part of her just missed the company of the redhead. The past year and the hunt for the Sun Summoner had left a strain in their relationship.

So, Liliya went to the first place she could think Genya would be. Her old room, Genya's hideaway. Liliya knocked before opening the door and just prayed that Genya was doing nothing odd. Thankfully, she was just sat at the vanity, prodding her face.

"Hey," Liliya said as she kicked the door closed with the back of her boot. She then strolled over and leant against the bedpost. One arm wrapped around it as well as her temple. Genya turned around on her stool and looked up at Liliya. The smile returning to her features.

"Your face looks better," Genya commented before she pushed herself to stand up. She grabbed Liliya's hand and dragged her to the bed. Liliya frowned at her words but fell to lie down on the bed beside Genya despite it.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Liliya questioned as she rolled onto her side, meeting the other redhead's gaze. Genya adjusted, pulling the pillow down a bit so it would be more comfortable. Liliya stayed where she was, just watching.

"I saw you return the other night and come in after training. You looked terrible," Genya said rather bluntly. Liliya chuckled and shrugged. She then rolled onto her back and rested her hands against her stomach.

"You should have come to see me," Liliya mumbled. Her head turned and Genya shrugged before sitting up. Her back rested against the headboard as Liliya stayed down.

"I was busy with Alina," Genya explained as she glanced around the room. Liliya nodded. Genya had been sent to assist Alina getting ready to see the King and was - as always - busy with the Queen and her ridiculous demands. She had always been a cow so Liliya didn't entirely mind that Genya wasn't around. She was busy like everyone else.

"How is that going? I'm assuming she is adjuting well?" Liliya questioned. Despite the time Liliya had spent around Alina, she couldn't quite work out whether the brunette was happy about being at the Little Palace.

"She misses her soldier friend, Malyen. I have a letter she wrote for him. She would like me to send it," Genya explained. Liliya paused at the name. Her lips silently mouthing the name. Something in her mind was telling her that he was familiar. The name was familiar. Her eyes closed as she tried to remember before quickly realising that she hadn't responded.

"Don't," Liliya said quickly. The letter would only cause issues. Whatever relationship she had with Malyen, it would have to go.

"Why not?" Genya asked. Her eyebrows pulled together as she moved again. Her hands rested in her lap as she observed Liliya's face.

"I just don't want you to, Genya, please," Liliya said reopening her eyes and sitting up. Genya helped Liliya sit up and watched her face for a moment. Liliya felt observed, judged. She knew she looked terrible. The bags under her eyes had returned. Her pale skin looked even paler than usual. It was exhausting.

"General Kirigan already told me not to," Genya reassured with a small smile.

"Good," Liliya muttered before she nodded and then slid off the bed. Her fingers pushed through her hair as she let out a long sigh.

"How is your General?" Genya asked, watching her friend. Liliya pushed a smile onto her face and turned to face Genya.

"Happy. He found his Summoner," Liliya commented as she crossed to the dresser. Her fingers brushing across the surface that had once held her items. Now they were all with Aleksander. It was strange how much had changed in a year.

"And how are you?" Genya asked. Liliya was slightly caught off-guard by the question. The past few days had been all about Aleksander and Alina. She didn't mind but it was exhausting. Aleksander hadn't exactly paid the most attention to her but she knew he was busy.

"Tired and I miss him," Liliya shrugged as she whirled around. Her hands resting in her lap as she rested back against the dresser. A sad smile on her lips. Genya stared at her friend for a moment before getting off the bed and walking over.

"Would you like me to-?" Genya began, gesturing towards Liliya's face. Before she could even finish her sentence, Liliya had responded.

"Yes. The bags under my eyes have not left no matter what I tried," Liliya spluttered. Liliya didn't exactly understand why. Grisha abilities made everyone look better, healthier but she had begun to feel like the power was eating her from the inside out.

"Yet you didn't come to me?" Genya teased as she took Liliya's hands. They walked over to the vanity and Genya forced Liliya down onto the stool before she wondered over to one of the nearby dressers.

"I didn't want to boost your ego," Liliya smirked. Genya scoffed and pulled the drawer open, grabbing the box. It was like her usual kit but there was less inside. It didn't take her long to realise that Genya had made a kit especially for Liliya.

"I already know I'm indispensable and gorgeous. You asking for help will not boost my ego, Li," Genya commented, pushing her hair over her shoulder. She then opened the box and picked up various petals and some chalk before turning back.

"I know," Liliya shrugged. Genya sighed and compared the petals to the colour of Liliya's face. The redhead was trying to make the decision and after a moment, placed the darker petals down.

"Then why not tell me?" Genya asked as she brushed the light pink petal along Liliya's cheek. Liliya paused for a moment, her mouth hung open slightly. She didn't entirely know how to respond to that so she spluttered out her usual defence.

"I don't like relying on people," Liliya shrugged. Genya narrowed her eyes and placed the petal down before lifting her hands.

"Yet you rely on Kirigan," She responded as she pressed her thumbs against the bags under Liliya's eyes. The tingling sensation took over but the redhead found through it. It was gone within a second and Genya seemed pleased. She then picked up the chalk.

"That's different," Liliya mumbled as she felt Genya press the chalk against her cheek. She drew it up along her cheekbone. It had been so long since Genya had done this and she hated that it became a necessity again.

"Because he makes love to you?" Genya questioned before she began to run the chalk along her forehead. The movements were soft and tingled but after a few seconds it vanished. The discolouration and redness that plagued her skin vanished under Genya's careful touch.

"No because he's like me," Liliya corrected as she fiddled with her hands. She then lifted her hands and stared at the ring. It was carved from dark stone. Aleksander refused to tell her what type of stone but it ensured their connection and reminded her of him no matter where they were. Even if they were across the country.

"Liliya," Genya began but Liliya shook her head. She then pulled the kefta off her shoulders and lifted her sleeve. The reddish acne-like marks were crawling up the skin at the top of her arm. It was something that Liliya got from stress. Something she hadn't felt so overwhelmingly in years. She needed Genya to fix it before Aleksander noticed it had flared up.

"Just fix this, please," Liliya begged softly. Genya frowned at the marks before nodding. She pressed her hands against the marks and the tingling sensation took over. It was more intense than usual but Liliya tried her best to ignore it, "Months on a horse has made me look awful and I don't think Kirigan likes me looking a mess," Liliya added. Her words were an attempt to justify her own vanity but Genya didn't care.

"I think he prefers it that way," Genya mumbled. The comment was more to herself and she didn't intend to say it out loud but Liliya heard. The redhead rolled her eyes before pushing her fingers through her hair.

"My Grisha abilities should be making me look perfect but I look dreadful," Liliya responded. Genya nodded and then moved to press her hand against the other red marks on the other arm. The tingling starting all over again.

"You've been overexerting yourself, maybe you should lay off your shadow summoning," Genya suggested. It didn't make a lot of sense but it was the only explanation either of the women could come up with. In theory, Liliya should be fine.

"I have lessons," Liliya responded, shrugging. Genya pulled her hand away and then pulled Liliya's sleeves down. Her smile widened and she stepped out of the way of the mirror so Liliya could see herself. The redhead tilted her head, pushing her fingers through it before smiling. Her skin had been evened out, pink added to her cheeks and the bags were gone.

"There. You look wonderful," Genya said as she brushed some of Liliya's hair from her face. Liliya grinned and pressed a kiss to Genya's plam.

"You're a lifesaver," Liliya said before she stood up and hugged the woman. Genya rested her head against Liliya's shoulder before pulling back.

"I know. Now, go and talk to Kirigan. I know you miss him," Genya finished. Liliya stared at the redhead for a moment - pouting - before she gave in. Genya was someone she had missed but Genya was also right. She wanted to talk to Aleksander, see him, look better for him, so she headed towards their quarters. She just hoped he wasn't busy with anything.

***

author's note! hi darlings! it's been a hot second since this was updated, well it's been like a week or so but god that feels like so long, but here IT IS, i was experiencing some motivation issues hence why it took so long BUT WE'RE HERE! WE'RE BACK, our babies are returning and i had quite a bit of fun with this chapter honestly, we also have kirigan next chapter, alina and genya appearing here! also roma and arina interactions! just some relationship developing and just all of that STUFF. but here we are! i hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 535 19
Divergent storyline after Alina and Mal find the stag. Alina is captured by General Kirigan, but he doesn't kill the stag immediately. There is a sec...
298K 10.3K 51
Daemon was a mystery to anyone who met her. But perhaps that's why he sought her. [Complete until Season 3!] [Shadow and Bone] [Netflix] [Season 1...
100K 3.6K 20
"In the night I hear them talk, coldest story ever told." "Ivan wasn't the Generals first heartrender, no one knows what happened to Mashk...
208K 6.2K 60
What if the Darkling and Alina hadn't been interrupted that night at the winter fete? What if the Darkling had caused Alina to become pregnant with a...