Ablaze

By sup3rn0va_x

***CURRENTLY EDITING & ON HOLD*** "You don't hate me." "Stop." "Not even close." "I said stop." "You... you l... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Fourty
Fourty One

Eleven

825 21 2
By sup3rn0va_x

Ashling's POV

I struggle to open my eyes, and my head feels like it was hit by a truck. I have no idea where I am, or how I got here. Is this a room in Del's house?

Once my vision is clear, I look around the room and realize where I am.

I'm in Kaen's bedroom.

I'm in Kaen's bed.

I roll over to see if he's here, but the large bed is empty aside from me.

What the hell am I doing here?

I completely blacked out last night... I don't remember anything.

"Good, you're finally awake." I roll over and see a shirtless Kaen standing in the room.

The sight of his body makes me want to drool. He's so muscular... it looks like his body was carved by a sculptor.

"Why am I in your bed? And how did I get here?"

Kaen's POV

"You don't remember?"

"No... I totally blacked out last night. I can't remember a thing."

I know blacking out is never fun... but I'm kind of glad she can't remember anything.

"Well, you broke your shoe and fell, and cut your legs. I found you laying on the ground and decided to take to you home... only you didn't have your keys. So I brought you here."

"Shit... I'm sorry. I'm sure the last thing you wanted to deal with my stupid, drunk ass."

"Don't worry about it."

"I hope I didn't say anything stupid." She laughs.

I wouldn't exactly call what she said stupid.

"Nah, you were fine." I lie.

"Good."

"Del texted me that he found your keys and also your jacket. We can go pick them up so you can actually get into your house."

"Oh, thank god. I would've been so mad if someone stole my jacket."

She gets out of bed, revealing herself.

Fuck... I forgot I gave her my shirt to sleep in.

My eyes travel down her body, and damn does she look good in my clothes. My shirt was fairly large on her small body and stopped at her upper thighs.

"I didn't want you to sleep in your dress because it was dirty, so I gave you one of my shirts. I hope that's okay."

"Mhm, fine."

I grab a pair of sweatpants out of my closet, "Here, you can wear these, too."

Even though I want to push away any feelings I have for Ash, I still want to be nice to her. After hearing everything she said last night... I don't want her to feel like that anymore.

"We can leave, I guess."

"Alright." I quickly throw on a sweatshirt, "Here's your dress and your shoes."

"Shit. I can't believe I broke my favorite pair of heels."

I chuckle, "It's not the end of the world. Come on."

I'm really dreading going to Del's, because I know he's going to say something to me about what he saw last night.

"I'll go grab your stuff for you, I have to talk to Del anyway."

"Oh, thanks."

As I walk into his house, I can already see him smirking. "Well, well, well... if it isn't Mr "I don't have feelings for her"."

"Shut the fuck up, D."

"What happened last night?"

"She broke her shoe and hurt her ankle and couldn't walk, so I had to carry her to my car."

"And why was she going in your car in the first place?"

"So I could take her home."

"Hmm... okay."

"Except... she didn't have her keys... so she stayed at my place."

"Oh, shit. Did you guys fuck?"

"What? No, are you crazy? I wouldn't have sex with a girl while she's that drunk. She slept in my bed and I took the couch. She doesn't even remember anything from last night... she totally blacked out."

"Damn."

I didn't tell Del everything that she said, because it really isn't any of his business.

"So what are you gonna do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you gonna tell her how you feel?"

Here he goes again.

"I told you to stop with that shit."

"I'm sorry, but it's just... I've never seen you like this before. With another girl... or anyone for that matter. You actually care about her."

"It doesn't matter. Whatever I'm feeling for her... I can't, Del."

He gives me a sympathetic look, "I know, man."

"I should go... thanks for her stuff."

"Yeah... see you later."

Del's right. I do care about Ash, more than I'd like to admit. I've spent such a short amount of time with her... but she makes me feel things I've never felt before. It's scary... but I have to stop.

"Here you go."

"Thanks."

This is the third time I've driven her home from Del's house... and each time there's been a different vibe in the car.

Ashling's POV

"Home sweet home."

"Yeah... hey, Kaen?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you... for taking care of me last night. And I'm sorry for any trouble I caused you."

"It was no problem, really. You didn't cause me any trouble."

"I know, but still. Oh... what about your clothes? I can go get changed out of them really quick—"

"Just keep them, it's fine."

He wants me to keep his clothes...

"Oh, okay... thanks. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

He waits until I get into my house before taking off, and I'm so relieved that I'm finally home again. My phone has been dead all night long, hopefully I don't have too many messages.

What the fuck?

I have a bunch of missed calls and texts from Akita.

"HELLO??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING???"

"ASH????"

"WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING????"

"WHY WAS KAEN CARRYING YOU???"

"WHERE DID YOU GUYS GO???"

"DID KAEN DRIVE YOU HOME???"

What the hell is she talking about?

Kaen... was carrying me?

I know he drove me to his place... but he carried me?

My mom isn't even home yet, which is weird... I should call her.

"Hey, mom, where are you?"

"Oh, sweetheart... I forgot to call, I'm sorry! I went to lunch with my friends from last night."

"Oh, okay."

"Is everything alright? How was your party?"

I don't want to tell her what happened.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I actually just got home. The party was fun."

"Good, I'm glad to hear that! I should get going now, but I'll be home in an hour or so. Love you."

"Love you, too."

I should probably text Akita back, too. I don't want to tell her about Kaen, either. I know she's like my best friend, but I don't want to tell her because if I do... it'll make my feelings for him real.

I don't want them to be. Akita warned me about him. And if I tell her what happened... it'll only make me look like a fucking idiot.

Ugh, I need a bath.

While in the bath, I try hard to remember what happened last night.

The last thing I remember was taking shots with Akita. I think I had to use the bathroom, yeah... yeah I did! I remember because I had to walk up Del's giant staircase. Why don't I remember making it to the bathroom? Surely, I would've remembered looking at myself in the mirror...

I ended up in a bedroom, I think.

Oh, god... I remember now.

I was looking for the bathroom but couldn't find it... instead I ended up in a bedroom... with Kaen.

I remember talking to him... how did our conversation go?

I think he tried to get me to leave the room, but I told him I wanted to stay with him.

Then I accused him of hating me.

Fuck.

I close my eyes to try and picture it, and suddenly everything comes flooding back to me.

"I... I wanted you to kiss me... the other night..."

"I thought... you were gonna kiss me... but you didn't..."

Oh. My. God.

I can't believe I fucking said that to him. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Ash, you don't know what you're saying right now."

"It doesn't matter, anyway..."

"What doesn't matter?"

He... he grabbed my face, and we locked eyes. He looked so... seductive.

The next thing I remember is being in the car with him.

"I think I'm supposed to be mad at you."

"What? Why are you mad at me?"

"He said you liked me... and then you yelled at him... and... and you said we weren't friends... you really do hate me."

"I don't hate you."

I don't really remember anything after that. I ended up in his bed somehow... I hope I didn't ask him to sleep with me or anything.

I'm so fucking embarrassed. How the hell am I supposed to have any normal interactions with him after knowing I said all of that, and probably more?

Maybe I just won't say anything. Maybe... maybe it won't be so awkward.

Who am I kidding? It's gonna be a fucking nightmare.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 35.6K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
80K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...