Traffic

By camrynjessichandler

"Going once, going twice, SOLD!" The gavel fell with a loud bang onto the auctioneers table. Kelly stepped fo... More

Traffic
Ch 1: Homework
Ch 2: Masks
Ch 3: Party
Ch 4: Silence
Ch 5: Sold
Ch 6: Sorrow
Ch 7: Drown
Ch 8: Deceit
Ch 9: Questioning
Ch 10: Out
Ch 11: Awoken
Ch 12: Trust
Ch 13: Longing
Ch 14: Goodbye
Ch 14: Scream
Ch 15: Hell
Ch 16: Slut
Ch 17: Wrong
Ch 18: Present
Ch 19: Smile
Ch 20: Nightmare
Ch 21: Familiar
Ch 22: Dad
Ch 23: Decision
Intermission
Ch 24: Morning
Ch 25: Interrogation
Ch 26: Life-Changing
Ch 27: Suspense
Ch 28: Agony
Ch 29: Released
Ch 31: Locked
Ch 32: Terrors
Ch 33: Helpless
Ch 34: Revenge
Ch 35: Favor
Ch 36: Ghosts
Ch 37: Reunion
Ch 38: Responsible
Ch 39: News
Ch 40: Trace
Ch 41: Tough
Ch 42: Rooftops
Ch 43: Family
Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Final Author's Note

Ch 30: Lost

1.8K 78 9
By camrynjessichandler

        Peter gave her a smirk as he helped her into the car. Trace sat beside her. Peter drove them back to his house and opened the door for Kelly. He gently took her hand to help her out, but his hand was soon replaced by Trace's as he had to go open the house door for them.

        Kelly uneasily went inside and stood in the corner, waiting for Trace to get his bag from the car. Peter stood nearby, but left the room to tell his parents that they had company for the night. Kelly was nervous and scared, but she was distracted from that by a little girl who came down the stairs. She looked to be about six or seven years old.

        "Who are you?"

        "Kelly."

        "Are you the girl Petie's been seeing? The sick one?"

        Kelly's heart broke at the sound of those words, but she nodded, "Yes. I'm okay now, though. Just tired and a bit hungry."

        "I can help with that," she said, "I'm Tabitha. The kitchen is this way," she said, walking forward and taking Kelly's hand, dragging her behind her to the kitchen. Once in the kitchen, Tabitha opened the fridge and listed off a few things to eat, "Do you like Peaches? Or we have apples or sandwiches. I can make you a peanut butter and jelly?"

        "Anything sounds good right now," Kelly stated. She stood uneasily in the kitchen while Tabitha balanced bread, peanut butter and jelly in har little arms.

        She paused and looked at Kelly, "Sit down, it will take me a couple minutes to make it."

        Kelly nodded and sat at the table, looking around the little kitchen. It was creamy white with light brown wood accenting it. It had a little table and some stools by the counter where Tabitha now knelt, pulling out the bread and starting to make the sandwich.

        "She was right here--"

        "Where could she have gone?"

        Kelly heard the voices of Peter and Trace from the next room over.

        "She's in here!" Tabitha yelled out without looking up from her sandwich. Peter and Trace rushed in and saw Kelly sitting at the table. Tabitha looked over and said, "She was hungry."

        Peter laughed and kissed his sister on the cheek, "You're a saint, Tabitha."

        Trace sat beside Kelly and hugged her, "Are you alright?"

        "I'm fine. Tabitha offered to make me a sandwich, so I accepted."

        Peter smiled a kind smile, "Just for that, I'll send mum and dad to the store to get ice cream and brownies."

        Tabitha clapped and kissed Peter, "You're the best," she said happily. She then jumped down from her stool and ran over to Kelly, handing her a sandwich. "I hope its enough. You look really skinny. Do you want more than one?"

        "The doctors told her to take it easy for a while, Tabby, so one is probably enough, okay? Especially if we're having such a big dessert later."

        Tabitha nodded and skipped off to put the ingredients away.

        "Do you want to do anything, or just rest?" Peter asked from across the room.

        "I'd like to sit outside, if that's okay? And rest a while?"

        Peter nodded, "Of course. We can go in the backyard and sit in the hammock."

        Kelly hesitantly agreed and followed, dragging Trace with her, to the backyard. She sat in the hammock and Trace sat beside her. Peter stood nearby, looking as if he was about to say something, but Tabitha interrupted.

        "Can we play catch?" She asked eagerly.

        "Of course we can play catch, Tabby. Get your hat and the gloves and ball."

        Kelly smiled as she watched Tabitha play with Peter in the backyard. She sniffed, starting to tear up as she reminisced of being that age.

        "Do you remember playing catch and tag and hide and seek with me and Fred, Kelly?"

        She nodded, "I do. It was so much fun. I wish I could go back and relive it."

        "Well. We'll be home by tomorrow, and I'll buy a brand new baseball and glove just for you and we can play it in the backyard, just like old times. How's that sound?

        "That sounds wonderful," Kelly said, sighing and resting her head on Trace's shoulder as they gently swung in the hammock with the evening air blowing gently and the smell of dinner cooking coming from the open kitchen window of Peter's house. She heard the horns beeping and cars squeeling down the street on the other side of the house where the city lay, but all she cared about was this little patch of green grass that was closed off with a fence, closing them in to their own happy world where everything was perfect.

        Trace sat next to his sister, his arm resting comfortably around her shoulders. He felt he needed to hold her or at leats be touching her at all times or she might slip away. With every blink of his eyes, he felt he'd wake up and Kelly would, in reality, be dead. But as he opened his eyes after every blink and saw his baby sister sitting beside him, picking away at a peanut butter and jelly, he smiled. He couldn't stop himself from laying kisses on her head every once in a while, just to show her how happy he was.

        The next morning, Kelly gave a fond goodbye to the little girl she'd already grown attached to and to Peter's parents who were kind and loving towards her, even though they didn't know why she and Trace had been staying there. Peter didn't divulge any information for fear Kelly would hate him.

        Soon, though, they were on their way to the airport and Kelly was feeling sad for having to leave, but so entirely happy for being able to go home at long last. She longed to be in her mother's arms and tasing her mother's food and cuddling with Fred while watching girlie movies and eating junk food with Trace. She grew more anxious for home with every passing minute.

        As they drove, though, they started driving right into a thunderstorm. It soon grew more feirce and rain almost blinded Peter as he drove. Kelly longed to stand in the rain, and took her time walking into the airport upon arriving. Trace had to drag her inside and to their gate before they became late.

        But as it turned out, they weren't late at all. Their plane was delayed from the storm and with every second, more people gathered around, anxious to board the plane. As more people gathered around, Kelly grew more anxious. People bumped her, she was surrounded, she got stared at by grown men, which made her sick to her stomach. She wished she could make it stop, that she could push these people away and get some space, but she couldn't. She felt the walls closing in around her and the doors and windows seemed to drift farther away. She sat on a bench and began choking from a panic attack.

        Immediately, she felt an arm around her and she was being moved. When she next realized it, she was away from the normal route of people and in a small section of the airport. She looked towards her rescuer seeing not Trace, not Peter, but her Master.

        "I've got you now, and you're no getting away again," he said through gritted teeth before pulling her behind him towards a different plane.

        "Scream, and I'll kill your brother. I've got my friends everywhere, as you well know, and they won't hesitate to do it, I promise you."

        Kelly was more frightened than she'd ever been. She wanted to get away, but had no means by which to do it. She felt like she was going to drop dead at any moment, and honestly, she wished she would.

        "I'm going to get you ready for that auction and I'm gonna get myself a girl who doesn't try to escape and who can handle a little friendly threatening, because you, kiddo...you can't take a hint."

        She struggled to get free, but when she felt something sharp on her back, out of natural instinct and fear, she cooperated, being led farther and farther away from her brother and the only friend she'd ever know.

        Trace, unlike Kelly, was back near the plane. He had gone forward to ask the stuardess if she knew when the plane would be ready to go. He told Kelly he'd be only a second, and he saw her sit on a bench. When he returned, she was nowhere to be seen.

        "Kelly?" He asked, "Kelly!" he yelled louder. Suddenly, he saw her walking away with a man. He ran towards her, but was knocked down, almost instantly unconcious. He was able to say her name one last time before he blacked out.

        When he awoke, he was laying on a bench, being poked by a policeman's flashlight. The dim, early morning light stung his eyes as he sat up, "Where--Where am I?" he mumbled, rubbing his tired eyes.

        "Central Park. This isn't a zoo, sir, please take your leave."

        With that being said, the cop walked away, leaving Trace alone to remember what had happened. He had lost his sister again, unable to find her or know where she was. All he knew for sure was that she was back in the system, probably being raped as he sat there.

        His worst fear was for Kelly, but a close second, was having to break the news to his mother and sister.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 383 25
One night things were fine, the next, everyone Kelly's ever cared about is gone. To make matters worse Kelly has an amazing gift and that's the reaso...
2.8M 106K 65
(18+) *Completed* Kidnappings were things only seen on television, and definitely not something anyone would expect to happen to them. And human auct...
270K 7.4K 53
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴, 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵�...
446K 16.5K 41
Walking into an empty house is normal to me. I guess I got tired of saying 'I'm home' when nobody is home to reply. It wasn't always like this. I re...