Lovers in 1978 | VKOOK HISTOR...

By liamkosmos

Set in the year 1978, 19-year-old Jeon Jeongguk, who is in the midst of forgetting his dream to become a well... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE: "i was enchanted to meet you"
CHAPTER ONE: "all roads, they lead me here"
CHAPTER TWO: "people throw rocks at things that shine"
CHAPTER THREE: "in a café, i watch it begin again"
CHAPTER FOUR: "what must it be like to grow up that beautiful?"
CHAPTER FIVE: "shining just for you"
CHAPTER SIX: "speak now"
CHAPTER SEVEN: "i just wanna be drinking on a beach with you"
CHAPTER EIGHT: "that's the way i loved you"
CHAPTER NINE: "all along there was some invisible string tying you to me"
VISUAL: "Tata Bear"
CHAPTER TEN: "this slope is treacherous, i like it"
CHAPTER ELEVEN: "starry eyes sparkin' up my darkest nights"
CHAPTER TWELVE: "we were something, don't you think so?"
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: "after everything i must confess i need you"
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: "someday, i'll be big enough so you can't hit me"
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "this love is difficult, but it's real"
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: "in the cracks of light, i dreamed of you"
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: "with you, i'd dance in the storm"
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: "just keep on keeping your eyes on me"
CHAPTER NINETEEN: "wherever you stray, i follow"
CHAPTER TWENTY: "'i love you,' ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?"
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: "i think i've seen this film before"
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: "you weren't mine to lose"
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: "nothing good starts in a getaway car"
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: "magic in the air? it must've been the way you kiss me"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: "what a rainy ending given to a perfect day"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: "i don't wanna need you this way"
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: "what am i supposed to do if there's no you?"
Author's Note
Cassette Tape | VKOOK FANFICTION

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: "don't want no other shade of blue but you"

244 23 4
By liamkosmos

♬ Each moment with you is just like a dream to me that somehow came true
And I know tomorrow will still be the same 'Cause we've got a life of love that won't ever change ♬

- "Always and Forever," Heatwave

City lights has this certain flair that is why everyone is so into it. But being away from those crowded places, escaping those noises from people and deciding to live a normal life, well in this case a luxury-normal life, it's up for Jeongguk and Taehyung how they will choose to live. There are no maids or helpers that would assist them. But that's okay though, they prefer to live that way than being bothered by their very own families because of their romance.

To have someone like Taehyung who never scrupled to profess his love, Jeongguk is now guaranteed that he definitely is the one for him. No one could ever take their love from them, not even their inconsiderate families. Finally, the decision to be taken away by him was done.

All of Jeongguk's life, he was imprisoned inside their mansion, having the thought that no one is expecting or waiting for him on the outside world. Now that he has Taehyung, they rather let him stay in the corner of his library and just let himself dwell in the deepest of the pages of his books. It felt like he was just being controlled. Everytime he does something that he learns to love, his feelings are manipulated over and over again and they will take back their decisions. That's when he realized he doesn't want any of that to happen again. For once, he desired to live his life the way he wanted it to be.

He slowly opened his eyes the moment he realized he's awake. He didn't have a dream. He slept so sound because he knew his lover was besides him. His eyes were completely fine like he didn't sleep late.

He shifted his head to the side just to find out that Taehyung is out of bed already. Could he possibly be cooking their breakfast downstairs?

It was quite the life he dreamed of having. His brain couldn't process that he's going to live in that house with Taehyung from now on.

When Jeongguk hugged himself out of excitement, that's when he knew he wore a flimsy shirt that appears to belong to Taehyung. The lights were turned off last night and he was too tired to pick up the shirt he previously wore so Taehyung just grabbed a piece from the drawer besides the bed. It turns out Taehyung picked a shirt that kept on falling from Jeongguk's shoulder because it was size large.

He turned his eyes to the wall clock by the doorway and saw that it was already eleven in the morning. He decided to go downstairs and look for Taehyung. The ground floor didn't have the three boys he was with. He walked to the front porch and saw Seokjin and Frank by the table set in the front yard.

"Where is Taehyung?" Those three words came out quick when he saw them. Seokjin put down the mug he was holding after he sipped the coffee.

"He went to buy something downtown. He said he will be right back quick," The older answered and hugged his own arms to keep himself warm. The winter season is arriving and so the temperature is getting colder. "We're about to go but he insisted we should eat before going home."

"We do not need to wait anymore. Here he comes," Frank said and pointed to the direction where Kim Taehyung was. They saw that he was holding some basket of goods. He was wearing a beret hat, securing his hair from blocking his face. He also wore a white fitted shirt and light brown trousers.

Jeongguk had this urge to run to him and hug him but he stopped himself. He felt shy because somebody else was watching. "Good morning, my love," Taehyung greeted as he approached the younger. "Are you hungry? Just wait a little longer, I will cook our breakfast. I had to buy some raw food and ingredients because the refrigerator's almost empty."

Jeongguk smiled at him. Taehyung looked like a husband that came home for his wife. "Don't worry. I'm still alright. Take your time, l-love," Jeongguk let out and hid his flustered face. Seokjin and Frank shook their heads on the background as they were envious of them.

"I'll be cooking in the kitchen. I'll take the food here as soon as I finished. Let's dine outside. The weather is nice," Taehyung said and held Jeongguk's hand. "Would you like to assist me, my love?"

"Y-Yes," Jeongguk mumbled quick that made everyone else chuckle.

With the younger in the kitchen, the raw food was immediately prepared for cooking. Jeongguk was there to follow orders from Taehyung. They both went to the garden to serve the food when they finally finished. They had a tasteful breakfast with their stories and laughter adding sweetness to the food. Their only wish is for it to last forever.

"I'll take care of it," Jeongguk presented and took the used plates, mugs, and utensils altogether to the sink by the kitchen as they finally finished eating. Seokjin and Frank didn't go against it anymore and they let the two take care of everything. The remaining dishes were taken by Taehyung.

"Are they going to leave after they rested?" Jeongguk asked as he started rinsing the plates before scrubbing them using the sponge.

Taehyung swept the floor near Jeongguk. He breathe out a huge amount of air before answering. "Yes, they will be taking the car," he replied with a little gloom in his tone.

"You mean, your car, that we used to get here. They will take it? You said that they could ride the train downtown?" Jeongguk washed his hand and dried them using the hand cloth hung in the hook near the window.

"They could, Jeongguk. But it's their car now and so they will use it. They can't be leaving an object that is theirs to begin with."

"What do you exactly mean, Tae? Why is it suddenly theirs now?"

Taehyung placed the broom and dustpan on the cabinet. "We need the money to live, Jeongguk... I-I sold the car to Frank. He can have it, as long as he gives me the amount I asked that we could use to buy our necessities."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner, Tae? It's your car! Doesn't it have a sentimental value to you?" Jeongguk asked, obviously frustrated of Taehyung's selfless decisions. "Why is it so easy for you to let it go?"

Taehyung held Jeongguk's waist as they pulled an eye to eye. "Because I rather live with you in this place than travel around using that car. Without it, I have no choice but to stay. Even if I have it, I will still choose to be with you everyday, in this very house," Taehyung leaned his forehead on Jeongguk's. "If only you knew how much of these felt like a dream to me. It's what I hoped for, Jeongguk. You and this house is what I hoped for," Taehyung said moreover, completely making the younger melt with his words. Imagine having someone like Taehyung who could sacrifice any material thing just so he could be with you.

"Tae..." Jeongguk called as his eyes started getting watery. "I can't help but to fall in love with you deeper as days pass by. You're too good to be true. What did I do to deserve you like this?"

"The only answer I could give you is: it is because you loved me. That's what makes me value you even more. You're the prize I would cheat to win if I have to. What enchantment did you do that I'm so attached to you?"

"It's because you keep on keeping your eyes on me like this. You were charmed by my eyes, darling."

Taehyung chuckled at him. "Maybe I was really charmed."

Their eyes tell how much they adore each other's existence. Before they even know it, their lips were finally connected. How sweet it is, to be loved by someone.

"Why are we going to the backyard?" Jeongguk asked, blindfolded by Taehyung that is why the older assisted him. They made sure each step was safe as they made their way to the back of the house. It appears that the older wanted to surprise the younger. It has been a week since they started living together. That same day, Seokjin and Frank went home with the car that Taehyung previously owned.

Jeongguk is slowly getting used to it. Well, he could make it through because Taehyung was there to support him. The life in a completely new home wasn't bad at all. The couple tried finding jobs downtown and they succeeded being in multiple ones. One job in the morning, one in the afternoon, and then there's an evening job.

Taehyung works as a cow milker and horse feeder in a farm near their home. It's just a few meters away. Jeongguk would often make fun of his yeehaw outfit. It's because the boots and the cowboy hat look funny on him. It doesn't mean it doesn't suits him, Jeongguk is just entertained by it.

Meanwhile, Jeongguk works in a small shop downtown as an assistant manager in the afternoon. He could finally get along with other people. And the evening was pretty like, Taehyung serving drinks by the counter as a bartender in a bar whilst Jeongguk was a waiter. They never felt this happy before. Only when they were together, they could experience these kind of things.

"I had to show you this, Jeongguk," Taehyung said and made Jeongguk stand in front of the wall. He removed the blindfold for him.

Jeongguk was left starstruck when he saw Taehyung's surprise. "Y-You painted this?" Jeongguk asked in complete awe of the artwork. His lover nodded his head as a response. After that, a tight embrace was all he could give him.

"H-How? It isn't there yesterday? When did you do it?"

"I started right before sunrise. With the lamp, of course," Taehyung answered. He heard the sobbing of the younger. "Darling, are you alright? Why are you tearing up?"

"I-It's because it's so beautiful. I would love to give you every single word that would compliment your painting. I-It's just perfect for me, Tae. How could you do it without me as a reference?"

"I thought of you so much that I don't even need the real copy as a reference. Every single detail of your face was a masterpiece. I love every inch of you. From your eyes that held the whole galaxy to the mole you had under your lower lip," Taehyung narrated and held Jeongguk's chin. "I love you," he whispered as he smiled.

Jeongguk was enchanted to meet someone like Taehyung in this lifetime. He could never trade it with someone else's life. "I love you more each day, darling," Jeongguk said before he threw a peck on Taehyung's cheek and quickly ran inside the house.

"I'm taking you to a place to prove that purple roses exist," Taehyung said and pulled Jeongguk to the train station. He patted the younger's head to fix the tangled parts of his hair.

Jeongguk believed that they existed, but Taehyung taking him to a place where they exist, is such a romantic way to ask a date. It is also his first time riding a train.

"Can you stand right over there? I'll take a picture," Taehyung asked and Jeongguk stood behind the train road sign. He raised his right arm and formed a peace sign with his fingers. "Such a good boy, aren't you?" Taehyung teased after pressing the click of the camera he held.

"You sound like your mother!" Jeongguk yelled as Taehyung chuckled and put the camera back to his shoulder bag. He once again held Jeongguk's hand and pulled him closer.

"Let me hold you. I don't wanna lose you here, my love," Taehyung said and tied their hands tight. Jeongguk stared at the older's way, just admiring his face for a while and the other looked around, pretending he doesn't see Jeongguk staring. A few minutes passed, the chug of the train was finally heard, making everyone else in the station ready to take the transportation.

"Here it comes," Taehyung mumbled and pulled Jeongguk by his waist. They let the other people ride on the train first before they did. "Let's sit on this unoccupied seat," Taehyung said and Jeongguk just nodded his little head.

The monitors started closing the train's doors and someone on the speakers announced that the train is finally taking off. Jeongguk and Taehyung were silent during the ride. The older laid his hand at the younger's thigh. Jeongguk didn't notice that Taehyung was actually telling him to hold his hand, so the older did his thing. He also tapped his own shoulder so Jeongguk could rest his head on it.

The train stopped after ten minutes of traveling and the couple went off of it. Taehyung passed his beret hat on Jeongguk's head and they walked together. "Are you alright?" Taehyung decided to talk. Jeongguk just let out a smile to assure Taehyung he was indeed alright.

"We'll walk a little distance and we will be in the garden of roses. The place is completely free but of course, I'll give a little donation since it will help on their maintenance," Taehyung stated and all Jeongguk could do was nod.

They were finally at the place and an old man was there as he watered the plants in front of him. "It's you, the handsome lad again," The old man greeted and Taehyung just smiled at him.

"Could we walk around here for a bit? Is it okay if we take photos too?" Taehyung asked politely. The old man was amused and said it was completely alright. They all proceeded to enter the garden. It's just nine in the morning and it looks like there are no other visitors than them.

"I will leave you two here. Just don't pick the flowers. You have to ask permission first," The old man said before he left and both of them nodded in unison.

"There are so many kinds of roses," Jeongguk let out with a visible awe on his face. The place felt like heaven and it was ethereal. He's never been in a place like this before. "Taehyung! Could you get the camera? And please picture me as one of the flowers," Jeongguk requested.

"Who are you to command me?" Taehyung jokingly said but let out his camera anyways.

"I'm your lovely darling."

"Of course," Taehyung said and alined the camera with his head and eye. "Smile, Jeongguk," he then clicked the camera and took capture of the moment. He did a few more candid shots of Jeongguk appreciating the flowers and going near them just to smell.

Taehyung then went to him after a few minutes. Jeongguk was silently admiring the whole place. He still couldn't process it that Taehyung brought him in such a place.

The younger was snapped from taking pictures of the flowers when Taehyung tapped his back. The older was trying to give him something. "Remember this?" Taehyung handed Jeongguk a box of strawberry milk.

"W-What?"

"How could it be?" Taehyung curiously asked as he placed his fingers on his chin like he was thinking. "How could it be that you have the same reaction with your younger self. You still look clueless and surprised, darling. You are so precious," Taehyung added.

There was a pause.

"T-Tae, I haven't thanked you enough for making me happy. Please let me do it right now," Jeongguk said, almost teary-eyed. "After everything that we went through, I'm still grateful that I have you. You actually never left. You were so true with your words," The younger said moreover. A tear has finally fell down his beautiful face.

Taehyung could no longer resist this force in him and he decided to pull Jeongguk closer and pressed their lips together. The timing felt so damn right. "I haven't bought a ring yet, darling," Taehyung whispered when he pulled away from Jeongguk and pressed their foreheads together. "But will you mind if I ask you right now to marry me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 82 5
"Tae.. hyung.. I.. I don't like you that way" Jungkook didn't know how to react. He didn't know what to talk anymore. Taehyung didn't hope either. Em...
244K 8.6K 101
Kim Taehyung, CEO and owner of The Kim Enterprises, also the father of a two year old boy finally crossed paths with someone he has always been in lo...
469K 19.3K 58
❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precisely, two ex-lovers, meet again after thei...
468K 25.2K 51
A story where Jeon Jeongguk is passionate about becoming Kim Taehyung's friend. What he didn't know was that, Taehyung didn't really like talking to...