Lovers in 1978 | VKOOK HISTOR...

By liamkosmos

Set in the year 1978, 19-year-old Jeon Jeongguk, who is in the midst of forgetting his dream to become a well... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE: "i was enchanted to meet you"
CHAPTER ONE: "all roads, they lead me here"
CHAPTER TWO: "people throw rocks at things that shine"
CHAPTER THREE: "in a café, i watch it begin again"
CHAPTER FOUR: "what must it be like to grow up that beautiful?"
CHAPTER FIVE: "shining just for you"
CHAPTER SIX: "speak now"
CHAPTER SEVEN: "i just wanna be drinking on a beach with you"
CHAPTER EIGHT: "that's the way i loved you"
CHAPTER NINE: "all along there was some invisible string tying you to me"
VISUAL: "Tata Bear"
CHAPTER TEN: "this slope is treacherous, i like it"
CHAPTER ELEVEN: "starry eyes sparkin' up my darkest nights"
CHAPTER TWELVE: "we were something, don't you think so?"
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: "after everything i must confess i need you"
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: "someday, i'll be big enough so you can't hit me"
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "this love is difficult, but it's real"
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: "in the cracks of light, i dreamed of you"
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: "with you, i'd dance in the storm"
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: "just keep on keeping your eyes on me"
CHAPTER NINETEEN: "wherever you stray, i follow"
CHAPTER TWENTY: "'i love you,' ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?"
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: "i think i've seen this film before"
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: "you weren't mine to lose"
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: "nothing good starts in a getaway car"
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: "don't want no other shade of blue but you"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: "what a rainy ending given to a perfect day"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: "i don't wanna need you this way"
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: "what am i supposed to do if there's no you?"
Author's Note
Cassette Tape | VKOOK FANFICTION

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: "magic in the air? it must've been the way you kiss me"

259 24 2
By liamkosmos

♬  Loving you is some kind of wonderful
Because you showed me just how much you care
You've given me the thrill of a lifetime
And made me believe you've got more thrills to spare ♬

- "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)," Natalie Cole

The door was slammed shut and Jeongguk was lightly pushed inside his room. Butler John kept on shushing him because Mr. Jeon might hear the commotion. Today was the day he and Taehyung both planned to escape from their families and leave the city. Maybe they weren't yet matured and they haven't finished college but they both just wanted to settle down after everything that has happened.

What would be their source of income? That still was a question for the both of them but they had decided already. They will proceed with the plan. Jeongguk has done packing up his things but Butler John was quick to notice that he's trying to leave the house that's why he stopped him.

"Why are you being against this now, Butler John!? You were the one who sent me that day to Taehyung so I could hear his side. Now we had decided to go off to somewhere and leave this boundaries that our parents had set!" Jeongguk paused as he begged for some air in between his words. "You... Y-You said you wanted to see me happy? Why are you like acting like this?" Jeongguk cried as he hold on tight to his baggage's handle.

"I let you go to him that day just to hear his side, Young Master. If you will go today, your father will be very angry to you. Please do not run away with Mr. Kim's son!" Butler John held his arm to keep him on staying.

Jeongguk tried to let go of his grip but he was too strong that he feels the opposite. He had to let go of the bag he was holding until it fell on the floor. He stared up to their butler and he went down to his knees to kneel. "Please, help me. Help me get to him. You're the only person who's with me right now and the person who understands me very well. I love Taehyung with all of my heart and I want to be with him. You have to help me," Jeongguk begged, tears began forming in the corners of his eyes.

Butler John was quick to hold his both arms and lift him up so he could stand. "Young Master, someone might see us. And Mr. Jeon will surely fire me if that happens. Jeongguk, young master, please don't do this to me," Butler John exclaimed. All Jeongguk could do was hung his head low, feeling hopeless once again.

He started walking to the direction of his bed, taking his things with him. The tears he tried to stop from falling started flowing down his pretty face. Things start getting good but then they started being a blur again and messed up. Why is he stuck in that situation? Shouldn't it be continuous happiness, then gloom, then happiness again? Why do things don't start sorting out properly? It's getting complicated as days pass by.

Butler John pitied Jeongguk too much. He doesn't really need to care about him because he's just a mere butler who manages the personnel of the Jeons and follows instructions from his superior. It isn't his place to stop Jeongguk from whatever he is planning to do, unless it was Mr. Jeon's commands but he had grown affection for the child that's why he's being protective.

The deafening noise that the silence screamed filled the room.

Jeongguk couldn't do anything. He's just a powerless son of a powerful businessman. His success was in behalf of his father's efforts to build a good reputation. Although he desired to grasp a name for himself, he couldn't avoid following his father's rules. He's just Jeon Jeongguk, the son of Jeon Henri who is one of the most wealthy businessman around the world.

"I've been lost," Butler John decided to break the silence by saying that sentence after letting out a deep sigh. "I will help you, Young Master. But we'll execute the plan if everyone is already asleep," he continued. Jeongguk felt alive once again, sparks growing in his eyes. He's coming back to Taehyung, but this time, he would never let him go.

Jeongguk almost broke into tears when he smiled at him. He couldn't explain how grateful he was that he's ready to bow down to Butler John if he has to. "Thank you, Mr. John."

"Taehyung was right. Breaking the rules could be fun too," Jeongguk whispered as they sneakily walked through the hallway, careful not to make any sound to wake someone up. Butler John forgot his status for a second that he glared at Jeongguk, warning him to not create noise when they're in a matter of "life and death" situation.

"I'm sorry, I got all excited. Let's procee—" Butler John covered his mouth when he heard a group of people talking from the kitchen. Jeongguk had to hide behind their huge sattee by the living room. Butler John said he would take care of them.

It's almost midnight. The maids and guards are set to sleep and wake up early that's why Butler John asked why they are still up, wandering around the Jeons' mansion. The reason they had was "they were hungry" but since it was wrong for them to be downstairs, they were immediately told to go back to their room.

Jeongguk and Butler John successfully traveled the second floor and living room, passing through the front door. They couldn't use the cars but luckily, they were able to contact Taehyung by means of the telephone that's why he would come to get him.

"Are you really sure that you would go? You two will have a hard time now that both of your families will be after you the moment they find out," Butler John asked him one last time. He received the same nod and smile from his young master.

He least expected it that is why he was shocked to receive a hug from Jeongguk. "I will forever be grateful."

They pulled and Butler John cleared his throat to say something. "It's already twelve. He should be here or I will change my mind."

"Look! It's him! It's his car!" Jeongguk excitedly pointed out at the moving vehicle. They waited until it stopped in front of the huge gate of Jeons' grounds. It was indeed Kim Taehyung's car judging by the car's headlight.

"It's time to go," Jeongguk said and extended his hand to the baggage that Butler John held.

"You have to be careful from now on. Be wise with your decisions. Being independent is difficult, young master, but it's something you could brag about once you've achieved something great on your own," Butler John held his shoulder like a parent would do while teaching his child what to do.

"You sound like a mother to me," Jeongguk pouted and handed Taehyung his bag.

"You two should go ahead. The guards might find out someone opened the gates. Travel safely, lovebirds. You're being set free in the wild," Butler John pushed Taehyung by the driver's seat. He rushed to the door of the passenger's seat and opened it for Jeongguk. "My last service for now, Young Master. Farewell."

Jeongguk couldn't help but to smile at him. "I'm going to miss your early morning scolding, Mr. John. Au revoir... for now."

"How do you feel?" Taehyung asked as he drove. It was a good thing that they were traveling at night. There are no much cars in the road but he couldn't keep his eyes off of Jeongguk that's why they were moving slowly. It has been a few minutes since they went away from the Jeons' grounds. They both felt like they're way up in the clouds.

"Fantastic!" Jeongguk exclaimed that startled the older. He received a chuckle from him. Jeongguk tilted his head in confusion but then he just decided to look ahead instead of staring at Taehyung's way.

"You smell good."

"I smell good?" Jeongguk asked. He started sniffing himself but he didn't get how Taehyung could say that.

"I dyed my hair back to black."

"I noticed," Jeongguk replied shortly.

"You did?" Taehyung smirked.

"Stop with the small talks. I'm not used to do them with you," Jeongguk pointed as he faced the older.

"What else do you want to talk about? Our future together? I'd prefer to do that too. How many kids do you want? Or do you want cats or dogs instead? Cats and dogs is it? Probably, you just want me for yourself," Taehyung inquired nonstop, fluttering Jeongguk.

The younger tried to hide his burning cheeks away but Taehyung was quick to notice them when he stared his way. "H-How could y-you ask such questions?"

"Using my mouth?"

"Kim Taehyung!" Jeongguk exclaimed, offended by Taehyung's sarcastic remarks.

"Kim Jeongguk!" Taehyung stated, obviously amused. Tomato is what you could only describe Jeongguk's cheeks right now. "H-How do I smell?"

Taehyung was grinning like a devil as he tightly held on the steering wheel. "Strawberries, my love," Taehyung answered. He went to reach for Jeongguk's hand and he tied his hands on it. "Trying to change the conversation just so you could hide your flustered face, innit, darling?"

"Stop grinning!" Jeongguk yelled, making Taehyung laugh even more.

Taehyung was aware that they are almost near the café where he was supposed to see someone before he and Jeongguk leaves. He saw the traffic lights turning red and so he stopped even though there are no vehicles passing through. "How cute you are, my love."

"Stop m-making fun of me..." Jeongguk whispered. Taehyung only sighed after letting out a chuckle.

"I missed everything about you," the older started. Jeongguk was quick to look back at Taehyung. "Kiss me, my love."

"W-What?" Jeongguk squeaked, feeling he would melt by Taehyung's stare any minute.

"I want you to put your lips into mine," Taehyung said. "You writers always want your sentences longer. A simple 'kiss me' isn't enough for you? You really have to use filler words just so the sentence cou—" Taehyung was stopped from talking when Jeongguk kissed him.

"There, you had it. Now proceed on driving. It's green already," Jeongguk said and looked at the front, stifling his smile. He was definitely proud of what he did. Taehyung was left blushing too but he snapped out of it and continued driving. Only Jeongguk could make him feel this way.

Moments later, the café was in full sight. Jeongguk was starry-eyed when he saw the familiar place, but at the same time, confused why it was still open and alive. The car stopped in front of the said place, they both stepped out of it, and approached a familiar stance of man.

"Monsieur Seokjin?" Jeongguk suddenly let out, but his mouth shutting fast because it sounded like a rather odd term for him to show a little respect since he's older. Another man appeared from behind of him, this time an unfamiliar one. Why are they outside even if the café's still open?

"Taehyung, Jeongguk," Seokjin called as they approached them. "He's the one," Seokjin introduced to the other man and Taehyung shook hands with him.

"The name's Frank," he said. Taehyung smiled at him. Jeongguk shook hands with him too eventhough he didn't quite understand what's going on.

Taehyung cleared his throat and Jeongguk took his hand away. The older placed his arm around Jeongguk's shoulder. "Is Migo still inside?"

"Yes, he wanted to talk to you before we go."

"We?" Jeongguk thought to himself. They are going away with them?

Taehyung pulled Jeongguk's arm and they both entered the café. Jacob and Migo were sat by the table near the counter as they didn't realize Taehyung arrived already. "Taehyung! I thought you aren't going to proceed with your plan. If it weren't for your Butler who delivered the message to here," Migo said.

"Thank you for staying up late for us. I think we have to bid our goodbyes here before they find out we're not home," Taehyung let out, straight to the point, and stared at Jeongguk. "We have to be there before sunrise. The personnels wake up early these days."

Migo sighed and stared at Taehyung with his concerned face. "You two can no longer be stopped? Do you really need to go away?"

Jeongguk forced a smile on his lips. "O-Our romance is b-bad for our parents. And I can't let Taehyung marry some other person. This escape is the only way we could be together," he stated, although feeling nervous with his words.

"Then we have no other choice but to support you guys. You two have to promise that you'll make it through. It'll be hard, I think," Migo said. Jacob nodded when his lover stared at his way. "Now go to your dreamland. Nobody in here will gonna stop you. Seokjin and that guy he was with, you'll go with them, right?"

Taehyung responded to that since Jeongguk didn't know the full details. "Thank you so much, Migo. You've been a good friend."

After waving their hands goodbye, they decided to cut the conversation short. Jeongguk sat by the passenger seat, Seokjin and Frank in the backseat. Taehyung drove to the way wherever he wanted to take Jeongguk.

The youngest had a lot of questions going on inside his head but he knew Taehyung will answer them once they get to the place. But for now, he decided to take a nap because he feels it's gonna be a long ride and it's past one o'clock already.

Jeongguk found himself awake when the vehicle stopped. Seokjin and Frank went outside the car and Taehyung followed. He proceeded to open the car door for Jeongguk and handled the sleepy boy with care. "Is this the place?" Frank asked Taehyung that he responded with a nod.

"I couldn't see much in the dark but I'm pretty sure this place is beautiful when the sun rises. Too bad we have to leave after settling things," Seokjin said as he roamed his eyes around.

The simple house was surrounded with trees. The ground floor is made up of cement while the second floor is wooden with a balcony. There is a fireplace that could be lit during winter. The breakfast table with arc was fantastic. The upper floor had two rooms and a living room where there is a television. The house didn't have much appliances and stuff but everything necessary is already there.

"Aren't you going to stay until the sun rises? There is no pavement in the road and it's too dark. Now that I said it, I wonder how we got here," Jeongguk tried to join the conversation. Seokjin and Frank stared by Taehyung's way to ask using their eyes.

"Jeongguk is right. You two could stay if you want to. If you don't, then just be careful," Taehyung said, half-worried, and half-'I-want-to-have-a-moment-alone-with-Jeongguk-so-you-may-leave' expression on his face.

Seokjin cleared his throat as he stared at the sky. "I think we should rest for a while. I couldn't see stars in the sky and it might rain. We will leave after the sunrise."

Taehyung twirled the keys on his finger and tossed them to Frank. "You can have them. Let's go inside or we'll catch a cold. You're welcome in our home," Taehyung presented the way to their humble home and they all entered.

"Do you want to have anything before we sleep? Oh shoot! I forgot—we completely moved into a new home. I couldn't offer you anything," Taehyung said and scanned the cabinets around the kitchen but he saw nothing. "They're all empty. But the refrigerator was plugged. I wonder if Mother asked someone to clean the house and take care of the things here since she was the one who bought me this place."

"Your mother knew about this place?"

"I haven't told you yet, love? She supports us and she even bought this house for us. But she couldn't spend any more money for our needs because father will suspect the huge expense on his bank account that's why it's up for us how we could earn. Good thing I had back-ups," Taehyung explained. Although Jeongguk didn't know what the older meant with the "back-ups," he just went along with it.

"Wow, I didn't know that the refrigerator is packed," Taehyung said as he let out some of the lunch boxes that have fruits in them and anything edible. Probably, Celeste, Taehyung's Mother prepared it for them. "Here, have some of these. That's all I could offer you guys. There's some egg and bacon but I have to cook them first."

"It's alright, Tae. You do not need to take care of us. We do not want to cause more inconvenience. We're thankful enough that you guys welcomed us here and gave us snacks," Seokjin said. Frank just nodded as he ate some of the fruits.

"Just take the stairs to the left and you'll see the other available room for you two. Jeongguk has to rest, I think. I could feel he's tired from the long journey. Knock before you enter if you have some questions or you need some help. Seokjin, I trust you enough with this," Taehyung reminded them and held Jeongguk by his waist. Seokjin showed a little smile and nodded.

Taehyung and Jeongguk both went to their room. The floor was wooden and it pretty much felt nostalgic. When Jeongguk opened the windows and tasted the air salty, that's when he realized the location of the house was probably near the sea but they have to enter the woods before they could reach it.

"Are we in complete isolation, Tae?" Jeongguk asked. Taehyung was removing his coat and placed it on the rack.

"No, darling. There is a village near this place. It's modernized too so you will not have a hard time adjusting."

"You've been here before?"

"Twice. I've visited the place when it was still dusty and full of cobwebs. Mother was quick to ask for somebody to clean the whole place. I never expected it," Taehyung said smiling a little, thankful of the motherly love he continuously received after coming out.

"I never knew your mother would allow our relationship. I thought she's on your father's side too."

"Countless times I witnessed some of their arguments and how they would always fight regarding my decisions. Before, Mother was all about following my father's instructions. Something has changed and now she have the strength to talk back to my father. Of course, she's been always on my side. You saw a perfect, loving family before, but actually, I feel like my father never actually loved my mother."

"Oh..." Jeongguk just let out. He doesn't really know what to say.

"When my mother found out that my father asked me to quit my acting, she tried to convince him to reconsider his commands but he's all about me inheriting the company that's why he was so against it. The only family who supported me to do whatever I wanted to do was my mother."

"Mrs. Kim. I should be grateful to her. She adores you so much. I wonder how could she let you be with me in this far away place," Jeongguk closed the windows and sat by the bed. Since the lampshade was the only light source, he saw the older's silhouette near the other window as he held a glass with some dark liquid on it and raised it near his lips.

"Maybe she's sick of how my father dictated my whole life that's why she helped me to be set free. And she trusts you too since I told her I love you with all my heart."

"You say the sweetest words," Jeongguk felt his cheeks blushing. "That's the way I love you."

Taehyung had a smirk on his face when he placed the glass by the side table and walked towards the direction of the bed. Without a warning, he kissed Jeongguk's small lips. It took the younger a few seconds to respond but he was able to follow his lead.

"Can I make love with you tonight, my love?" Taehyung asked as his eyes went darker. Jeongguk's cheeks were crimson red after that heated kiss and he looked like a prisoner sheep of a lone wolf. He was able to nod his little head before Taehyung started going for his lips again.

They shared a yet another passionate kiss with both their bodies burning in love.

Jeongguk pushed Taehyung to stop for a while and talked. "I've decided. I only want you for myself, Tae. We could have three cats if you want. But there's no way we could have kids."

"As you please, my love," Taehyung said, alluringly amused and continued their deepened kiss. They spent the whole night making love under the covers. They could only wish for it to last forever. But for now, they could finally claim that this love is really theirs to keep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 2.3K 46
TYPE: 🔲 General Fiction | ✔️ Taekook ff | 🔲 Non-Fiction Date Started: 04.30.2023 Date Finished: 05.22.2023 THIS IS TAEKOO...
7.6K 539 38
𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘎𝘈𝘝𝘌𝘙𝘚𝘌 Even someone as cold as Yoongi couldn't help but adore the boy stood in front of him. Side ships ; taekook Started ; sometime 2...
60.1K 3.2K 54
"What happened if just your one mistake make someone's life living hell." "I do." They both said smiling, creating a new bond between them. ^^°°Jimi...
711K 33.2K 52
(book #1 completed. 17+) Jeon Jungkook can't help but to feel attracted to his bully, Kim Taehyung, despite being treated badly by him since childhoo...