Lovers in 1978 | VKOOK HISTOR...

By liamkosmos

Set in the year 1978, 19-year-old Jeon Jeongguk, who is in the midst of forgetting his dream to become a well... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE: "i was enchanted to meet you"
CHAPTER ONE: "all roads, they lead me here"
CHAPTER TWO: "people throw rocks at things that shine"
CHAPTER THREE: "in a café, i watch it begin again"
CHAPTER FOUR: "what must it be like to grow up that beautiful?"
CHAPTER FIVE: "shining just for you"
CHAPTER SIX: "speak now"
CHAPTER SEVEN: "i just wanna be drinking on a beach with you"
CHAPTER EIGHT: "that's the way i loved you"
CHAPTER NINE: "all along there was some invisible string tying you to me"
VISUAL: "Tata Bear"
CHAPTER TEN: "this slope is treacherous, i like it"
CHAPTER ELEVEN: "starry eyes sparkin' up my darkest nights"
CHAPTER TWELVE: "we were something, don't you think so?"
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: "after everything i must confess i need you"
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: "someday, i'll be big enough so you can't hit me"
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "this love is difficult, but it's real"
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: "in the cracks of light, i dreamed of you"
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: "with you, i'd dance in the storm"
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: "just keep on keeping your eyes on me"
CHAPTER NINETEEN: "wherever you stray, i follow"
CHAPTER TWENTY: "'i love you,' ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?"
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: "you weren't mine to lose"
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: "nothing good starts in a getaway car"
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: "magic in the air? it must've been the way you kiss me"
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: "don't want no other shade of blue but you"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: "what a rainy ending given to a perfect day"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: "i don't wanna need you this way"
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: "what am i supposed to do if there's no you?"
Author's Note
Cassette Tape | VKOOK FANFICTION

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: "i think i've seen this film before"

252 26 10
By liamkosmos

♬ You left me standing here
A long-long time ago
Don't keep me waiting here
Lead me to your door ♬

- "The Long and Winding Road," The Beatles

Falling in love wasn't in Kim Taehyung's book of plans. What would've happened if he didn't attend that party that day? Will he ever meet Jeongguk in other places, in different time? But what if it was really meant for them to be together? This thoughts lingered around his head endlessly as he was left astounded inside Jeongguk's room.

Jeongguk had this distinction that makes him stand out to others. He was different in the older's eyes. Taehyung knew that he wouldn't find any other like him. This is also probably the reason why he fell hard to the point he would risk everything, sacrifice anything so he could remain by Jeongguk's side. The romance between the both of them was strong enough that they wish to turn their backs to the people who don't want them together.

He just thought of one thing. He will come back to ask his mother again if it was alright to be in love with a man and if he could fight for their relationship. If Celeste happens to bless their relationship, then Taehyung is planning to take him far away. He wanted to take him in a place where it was just the both of them. Where they both couldn't be followed anymore by their parents.

Kim Taehyung stood with his chest high, his fists facing the floor as he clenched them. There is no way he would give up Jeongguk. He walked towards the direction of the secret door to the library. Eventhough Jeongguk told him not to follow, he is now sure he would talk to him to fix their problem.

There he saw Jeongguk sat by the corner of the shelves, a book in his hands. He constantly wiped his tears as he turned each page, looking like the book was dramatic enough to make him tear up. But it was obvious that the book isn't the reason he was crying.

Taehyung walked to his direction and stood in front of Jeongguk's small frame, taking the book from him. He offered him his hand so he could help him stand up. The younger do not wish to show the older the tear stains on his face that is why he quickly wiped them. "Darling, let's talk alright?"

"I told you not to follow me," Jeongguk replied, his head fixed downwards. He intend to not look on the older's eyes because if he does, he will surely submit to him once again and will get hurt again.

"I had decided Jeongguk. I want this relationship to-" Taehyung was stopped when Jeongguk tried to finish his sentence.

"To end, right? You want this romance to finally be cut to tragedy. I should've seen the signs. If I did, I wouldn't be this hurt. I feel so betrayed-"

"What are you talking about, Jeongguk? All I've been trying to say is that-"

"You do not need to apologize, Taehyung. You do not need to explain yourself further. I am slowly accepting the fact that you could never help me save this relationship. It has already sunken. We're not meant-" Jeongguk was finally stopped from talking nonsense. He widened his eyes when he saw how Taehyung plastered his lips with his. The older tried to deepen the kiss and he tried to resist but all he did was feel weak in front of him.

"If you just tried to listen, you may have not thought that far," Taehyung started when he finally pulled away. Jeongguk was left astonished, confused by the older's actions and words. Taehyung held Jeongguk's cheeks and forced them to face his direction. Jeongguk stared at him with his doe eyes growing bigger. He gasped and tried to let go from Taehyung's hold but Taehyung once again kissed him.

It was rather deep and messy and full of emotions. Jeongguk wasn't responding at his kisses the first time, but then he decided to be the game changer. "Let me play your game then," Jeongguk smirked this time as they leaned at each other's forehead, panting heavily by their heated kiss. The younger started kissing the older again by holding him by his collar. They became hungry for each other as they exchanged tongues.

Jeongguk's hands went down to unbutton Taehyung's dress shirt, revealing his bare chest. The older squeezed the younger's shoulder in attempt to stop him from getting wild but he was feeling something too. His arms became weak enough for him to submit to his rough grasp. Taehyung suddenly forgot he had vocal chords once Jeongguk started palming his clothed member.

They started hearing footsteps approaching their way and Jeongguk was now alarmed. Taehyung was amused by the suddenly taken aback boy but then he decided to do the next thing.

Butler John gasped at the view he saw when he finally arrived to the place between the shelves where Jeongguk and Taehyung were. Jeongguk stood, separating his lips from the older's but Taehyung sat still, biting his lower lip as he buttoned up his shirt. "I-I um, J-Jeongguk-I mean, Young Master. There are more visitors waiting for you downstairs. I think you need to go for now," Butler John stuttered as he recalled the previous events.

"I think so too," Jeongguk mumbled under his breath and decided to leave the older two in the library. Passing by the comfort room to check if his lips were swollen from that passionate kiss. He let out a heavy sigh of relief when he saw his reflection looking almost normal, except for the fact that his hair was messed a little and his vest wrinkled. He felt he was hard too.

After fixing everything he needed to fix, he proceeded downstairs and saw a familiar figure sat at the living room with a middle aged man talking to his father. The conversation became audible as he took each step. "Don't you think this dress is good for me? I want to wear it someday while a take a step in the aisle. This one's good too. I would look youthful," a voice of a female said as she stared at the magazine with her starry eyes. The person next to her cackled and nodded, looking like he was happy for her.

"What do you mean you'd look youthful? You are still young and sweet," Mr. Jeon said and Vivianne held her cheeks as she was flattered.

"I'm entering the age of 20s, Sir. I am pretty sure my features look liked mature enough to be called an adult," The woman responded, placing down the magazine by the side table.

"Vivianne?" Jeongguk called and the woman stared his way. With a surprised look, she stood and hugged Jeongguk.

"Happy birthday, Monsieur Jeongguk! I just found out this morning that it was your party that we're attending! Come, my present ain't much but I am sure you'd like it. I'm sorry I didn't know today is your natal day. I'd make sure to remember every year until the day I die," Vivianne pulled Jeongguk to sit in the sofa and he just came along. She presented him a blue box with a pretty ribbon attached on it.

"Your daughter is a very sweet child. She probably adores my son so much. She didn't even let him greet you," Mr. Jeon said and Jeongguk was awaken to his senses and stood before Vivianne's father.

"I'm sorry, Sir. Bonjour! I'm Jeon Jeongguk," he introduced himself and Mr. Beaufort took his hand to shake them. Jeongguk became a little shy in front of him.

"Bonjour, Jeongguk. Happy birthday," Mr. Beaufort said and then shifted his head to Mr. Jeon's direction. "Your son is handsome too," he whispered and they all chuckled except for the shied boy.

"Go and take a trip around the house with Vivianne, Jeongguk. After that, let us have dinner together with the Kims. Meanwhile, I'd have a little conversation first with Mr. Beaufort," Jeongguk's father said and he nodded. Vivianne stood next to him and they started going around the place. They went to the garden but then saw a bunch of visitors in each table so they just decided to stroll around the mansion.

"Are you alright, Jeongguk? You look a little distracted," Vivianne asked when they reached the second floor. Jeongguk was dumbstruck, clearly unable to respond to Vivianne's question as his lips trembled. He started blushing when he remembered what happened inside the library as they went near his room.

"I-I um, where should I take you? I d-don't know where else," Jeongguk inquired and Vivianne forgot that she was supposed to receive an answer from her previous question. She held her chin and started wondering where else should they be.

"You said you love books, right? Why don't you take me to the librar-"

"No!" Jeongguk almost yelled. Vivianne was even surprised that she took a step backwards. "I-I mean, I-I'm sorry for yelling, haha. The library's... not good. I mean there are books everywhere and..." Jeongguk tried to form an excuse and started realizing why would he do that when Vivianne didn't know about his relationship with Taehyung? He maybe not want to see the older right now after what happened earlier.

"The library's supposed to be full of books, Jeongguk. Are you really alright?" Vivianne asked, a little amused expression visible in her features. Jeongguk lowered his head in embarassment and just led her to his room. "My room's organized so I think I should just take you there. It's the most comfortable place since no one else is around to watch or listen."

It is indeed was the safest place right now for Jeongguk. When he's inside his room, he would read a book, write a chapter on his journal, listen to music or do something relaxing. No one could interrupt it unless it's his father's orders or he's being called to eat. It is also the place he shared a lot of moments with Taehyung, so he could say it is really a special room.

When Jeongguk opened the door to his room, the first thing he saw was Taehyung lying on the bed, his left arm acting like a pillow as he held a book on his other hand. He swore to God it was the best view but he needed to shrug those thoughts away as Vivianne started following him inside.

"I-I um- Taehyung. He's here," Jeongguk introduced like he wasn't even surprised. Why didn't he go outside after that scene in the library?

"Monsieur Taehyung, you are actually here! You two seem really close. He's just cozy lying on your bed," Vivianne said and Jeongguk let out a nervous chuckle. Yup, close enough that their lips meet sometimes. Jeongguk wished to remove that thought for now because it drags him to his dreamland but he kept recalling it.

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't know you would take someone here," Taehyung stood, placing the book on the bed.

"I didn't know you'd like to read," Vivianne started the chat. Jeongguk was silent because he doesn't know how to enter the conversation.

"Just joined the cult recently," Taehyung started, standing and grabbing the suit he took off earlier from the coat rack, taking the book with him. "My friends, Mother, and... Jeongguk," The younger met eyes with Taehyung when he mentioned his name. "They all loved to read. I'm rather fascinated. Books are fantastic creations. They may trick or teach or entertain. I'm afraid I'm falling in love with reading too," Taehyung continued.

"Oh, um... Good for you, Monsieur," Vivianne said, forgetting to speak the proper words. She was obviously charmed. The way Taehyung pronounced the words as he wetted his lips using his tongue was something else. More complicated than a tongue twister. They came out natural but they were alluring. And the way his deep brown eyes deepen as he let that deep husky voice escape his mouth, what a beautiful creation.

"Yes, and I apologize if I excuse myself for now. I'm going out for fresh air. I hope you enjoy her company," Taehyung said and smirked at Jeongguk before he went for the door. Vivianne was left with a question mark on her head, wondering what do Taehyung's words mean.

Not too long enough, Butler John once again interrupted Jeongguk and Vivianne's conversation. He called for them because dinner is now being served and they will have to go out soon for the evening party. They proceeded going downstairs and joined the Kims, Mr. Beaufort, and Mr. Jeon on the table.

Taehyung watched Jeongguk as he made his way to his seat while he took the champagne he had in his glass. They all started talking, laughing about simple things while both Taehyung and Jeongguk we're silent. They just listened to the older people and would often respond when they were being asked.

"Jeongguk, my boy. I'm sorry if I will steal the spotlight for tonight, alright? I've talked about a certain announcement with your father and he was happy for it and so he allowed me. Will you, too?" Mr. Kim asked the timid boy. Although a little confused, Jeongguk just nodded since he knew the party wasn't actually about his birthday but more of the business side. "There, there. Aren't you a cute considerate boy?" he added.

"Don't talk to him like that. You'll scare him," Mr. Jeon said and the men started laughing. Celeste and Vivianne were obviously not impressed but they let out a little chuckle just so they could relate.

The dinner was awkward for both Jeongguk and Taehyung and so they were so relieved after it. The party had begun and Jeongguk started seeing his actual guests which were Jimin, Rosé, and Taehyung's friends. He also invited some of his classmates he became friends with while they were in the camp before. He joined them sit in their respective tables and they watched the little program as they ate their food.

"Happiest birthday to Mr. Jeon's son, Jeongguk. I hope you had fun because today is a very special day for you. I am once again apologizing for what I am about to announce because I know it would obviously steal the moment," Mr. Kim started through the microphone when he went on stage. Taehyung was nervous about what his father would announce, but he was pretty sure it was business since everyone here came from rich clans. "Mr. Jeon, you're a very dear friend of mine. Your friends are my friends, but also, your business partners are also my business partners. Mr. Beaufort and I have an upcoming event which involved our children. Could you guess what that is?"

Jeongguk's heart was racing. He was so terrified right now. It isn't because the party isn't becoming better for him but Mr. Kim's announcement... Could it possibly be about... "We have the date for Vivianne and Taehyung's marriage. Mr. Beaufort finally found the right son-in-law for his daughter. And I am elated because I am very sure Taehyung would love to marry her. Who would refuse a beautiful maiden like Vivianne?"

Everyone was so surprised by the sudden announcement of engagement. Taehyung knew that his father would likely do this but he didn't expect that he will have to do it today. Jeongguk was in the verge of crying too but he clenched his fists and stopped himself from doing so. "I need to use the comfort room. If you would excuse me," Jeongguk said to his friends but then Jimin held him and gave him a look. He just smiled and slowly let go Jimin's hold.

"I will send everyone who were present here an invitation. I hope you could come."

Taehyung couldn't bare to hear the applause of everyone who were happy for the announcement or are just casually clapping. He stood from his seat and followed Jeongguk to where he went. He will definitely talk about this with his father once he went home. But for now, he have to explain everything to Jeongguk or else he would lose him forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 3.2K 54
"What happened if just your one mistake make someone's life living hell." "I do." They both said smiling, creating a new bond between them. ^^°°Jimi...
30.6K 1.2K 23
- please, I can't forget you - I heard that many times before goodbye Kim Taehyung rich, handsome as hell student who lacks nothing in his life, in...
245K 8.6K 101
Kim Taehyung, CEO and owner of The Kim Enterprises, also the father of a two year old boy finally crossed paths with someone he has always been in lo...
469K 25.2K 51
A story where Jeon Jeongguk is passionate about becoming Kim Taehyung's friend. What he didn't know was that, Taehyung didn't really like talking to...