Lovers in 1978 | VKOOK HISTOR...

By liamkosmos

Set in the year 1978, 19-year-old Jeon Jeongguk, who is in the midst of forgetting his dream to become a well... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE: "i was enchanted to meet you"
CHAPTER ONE: "all roads, they lead me here"
CHAPTER TWO: "people throw rocks at things that shine"
CHAPTER THREE: "in a café, i watch it begin again"
CHAPTER FOUR: "what must it be like to grow up that beautiful?"
CHAPTER FIVE: "shining just for you"
CHAPTER SIX: "speak now"
CHAPTER SEVEN: "i just wanna be drinking on a beach with you"
CHAPTER EIGHT: "that's the way i loved you"
CHAPTER NINE: "all along there was some invisible string tying you to me"
VISUAL: "Tata Bear"
CHAPTER TEN: "this slope is treacherous, i like it"
CHAPTER ELEVEN: "starry eyes sparkin' up my darkest nights"
CHAPTER TWELVE: "we were something, don't you think so?"
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: "someday, i'll be big enough so you can't hit me"
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "this love is difficult, but it's real"
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: "in the cracks of light, i dreamed of you"
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: "with you, i'd dance in the storm"
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: "just keep on keeping your eyes on me"
CHAPTER NINETEEN: "wherever you stray, i follow"
CHAPTER TWENTY: "'i love you,' ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?"
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: "i think i've seen this film before"
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: "you weren't mine to lose"
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: "nothing good starts in a getaway car"
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: "magic in the air? it must've been the way you kiss me"
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: "don't want no other shade of blue but you"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: "what a rainy ending given to a perfect day"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: "i don't wanna need you this way"
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: "what am i supposed to do if there's no you?"
Author's Note
Cassette Tape | VKOOK FANFICTION

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: "after everything i must confess i need you"

404 36 13
By liamkosmos

♬ My eyes can only look at you ♬

- "I Can't See Nobody," Bee Gees

Jeongguk was so frazzled to the point that he would lie on the ground. Taehyung approached him with the flag they had won and then assisted him. He let the younger hung his arm over his shoulders and brought him to a more comfortable place. Jeongguk winced in pain at each step.

"Does it still hurts?" Taehyung asked him. Jeongguk nodded feebly at him. "You should've proceeded with your idea to wear the boots. They would've protected the entirety of your feet. Why would change them to sandals?" Taehyung added.

"They are a lot more comfortable than the boots! My feet could breathe when they're on," Jeongguk talked back. Taehyung pressed his pointing finger at his lips.

"Hush! Be quiet, disobedient kid," Taehyung howled at him. Jeongguk lowered his head with his lips slightly forming a pout.

"Why would you refer that to me," Jeongguk murmured as he avoid Taehyung's gaze. The older was busy examining his feet. Taehyung looked his way and his brows almost met. He almost let out a gruff sound but he stopped when he saw how Jeongguk was so embarassed.

"What do you want me to call you then? 'Baby'?" Taehyung asked teasingly as he smirked at him. Jeongguk's cheeks turned into a more darker shade of red. He doesn't know what to do that's why he just waited for Taehyung to finish checking his ankle. "It's still swelling. Let's get you to the tent," Taehyung said and without a warning carried Jeongguk bridal style.

Jeongguk widened his eyes in shock and tapped Taehyung's shoulder, signaling him to put him down but the older doesn't seem to listen to him. People were looking at them but the older just gave them 'What do you want? Scram!' look and proceeded carrying Jeongguk to their tent.

"That is extremely unnecessary, Tae. People were watching!" Jeongguk said when Taehyung finally let him rest inside the tent. The other looked rather angry, almost said a word, but took something from his bag first.

"Let them watch, Gguk," Taehyung replied shortly with a gruff. He finally found the thing he was looking for and took it out of his bag. He let out a first aid kit and held Jeongguk's leg to apply medicine on it. He used a cotton and put antiseptic. "It will sting a bit," he reminded him.

Jeongguk felt a little pain when the alcohol touched his wound so he held onto Taehyung shoulder and squeezed it a little. The older stared at him, making sure he doesn't get hurt with the pressure he was applying. He blew the wound with each dab so that it will make the younger feel ease.

"Tae . . ." Jeongguk trailed. Taehyung stared at Jeongguk's eyes and waited for him to continue his sentence. The older made a questioning look without uttering a response. "Do you like me?" Jeongguk continued. Taehyung stopped treating Jeongguk's wound and put the used cotton on the space next to them.

He looked again at Jeongguk's eyes with so much sincerity, he was ready to respond to the younger's question. "Jeongguk, I—" Jeongguk stopped him immediately using his finger.

"You don't need to answer. Your eyes tell, anyways," Jeongguk said and took back his hand, bowing his head a little.

"What do my eyes tell you, Jeongguk?" Taehyung countered back. The younger sounded like he was disappointed. He was overanalyzing things when the answer lies infront of them already. Is he not good at reading his eyes? Does Taehyung shows him that he wasn't affectionate over him? Even if as friends?

"You look mad. I think my question was wrong," Jeongguk spoke, he's now feeling shy that's why he's avoiding Taehyung's glance.

"I am, Jeon," Taehyung then answered him. Jeongguk was astonished. He cowered his head more. "I am mad because you're not watching over yourself! So the prize matters more than yourself? What if you tripped over and hit your head? This little wound of yours makes me anxious enough, what more if you had a more serious injury?" Taehyung retorted.

"That doesn't answer my question . . ." Jeongguk whispered to himself and lowered his head again. Taehyung stole a glance at Jeongguk, thinking why the younger stopped talking. He looked like he was contemplating about something.

"Is something... wrong?" Taehyung asked this time. Jeongguk just shook his head lightly. "THEN WHY DON'T YOU SPEAK!" Taehyung startled Jeongguk this time. Why are they like this? "What's the problem, Jeongguk? You can just tell me, Gguk. You don't need to keep it from me. If you have something to say then just tell straight awa—" Taehyung was stopped from talking.

Jeongguk kissed him on the mouth.

When the younger pulled away from the peck, his face started showing his blood rush. Taehyung felt he was a tomato too that's why he shied away his head. Being unable to process what just happened they started noticing the things around them. "Uh, don't you think the pillows are soft?" Jeongguk let out.

Taehyung chuckled at him. He ruffled his hair and Jeongguk can't help to close his eyes at that. "Yeah, I give up. I admit it now. I like you, Jeongguk." The moment he said that, his heart started pumping fast. Jeongguk widened his eyes for the nth time today. "Don't act surprised when you're the one who kissed me right here. Not in my cheeks but in my lips, darling," Taehyung added. Jeongguk never felt embarassed this way before.

"Tae . . ." Jeongguk called. Taehyung shifted his eyes on the younger and waited for his sentence to come out. "C-Can I kiss you again? It was fast. I-I didn't feel what is it like," Jeongguk said bashfully. He can't make a direct eye contact.

"Here," Taehyung called. "Look my way, darling."

Jeongguk was diverted to Taehyung's eyes that were full of stars. The older's face screamed adoration and happiness at the same time. Their noses almost touched when Taehyung leaned closer. Jeongguk closed his eyes automatically as he felt Taehyung's face went near him. Their lips were in the verge of kissing.

"V! Ggukie! Where did you guys went—" Jimin stopped when he saw Taehyung and Jeongguk inside their tent, the older was checking the younger's ankle as he watched.

"Oh . . . Jimin. Hi," Jeongguk let out. He was about to raise his hand to wave but he stopped because it felt awkward.

"Hi? What was that? Is it the first time we met today? Suspicious behaviour, Jeon," Jimin said as he smirked. Taehyung looked his way too and glared at his bestfriend. "What? Like I said something wrong?" Jimin teasingly stifled his smile and went inside their tent.

"Are they looking for us?" Jeongguk inquired. Jimin nodded his head.

"You should claim the price you guys had won now or we will get it ourselves," Jimin said like it was a thing that they really need to get or someone else will do.

"What is it? Price money? I'm not interested," Taehyung said and he started gathering the things he used to treat Jeongguk's ankle and placed them inside the kit.

"It's something that will make you guys drool."

Jeongguk and Taehyung were present in the place where Jimin said they would find the price. They found a bunch of students circling and watching a table where someone was doing something. As they went near, they heard chopping noises, and when they were finally able to view what was happening, the smell made their stomachs feel hungry.

"It smells so good. They'll gonna serve you guys Italian food. If only we decided to be competitive like you guys did! We'll get to taste the meal!" Jimin cried as they watched like they were in a cooking show. Taehyung high-fived Jeongguk's hand.

"I told you, Tae. It was worth it," Jeongguk said as he smiled. They continued watching the guy perform his skills, from cutting vegetables to adding seasoning to the pot placed in the stove, displayed infront of them all. The students felt jealous of the winners because it looked and smelled tasty whatever dish they were preparing.

"The Italian chef looked hot," A student said besides them and Jeongguk can't help to overhear their conversation. "At this point, I don't even recognize which is the meal," another one said. Taehyung saw how Jeongguk's eyes shifted from the girls to the man infront of them doing his thing while cooking.

The older dragged him away from there and Jeongguk started pouting his lips. "Let's just wait until he's done. Let's walk around for a bit." Taehyung walked with his hands in his pockets and Jeongguk had no choice but to follow him.

"Where should we go to?" Jeongguk asked.

Taehyung didn't respond and continued with his steps. They stopped in a place where there was a breath-taking view. The lake was so calm and the birds chirped. The only sound they could hear was from nature. The sun was up high in the sky but good thing the trees were giving them shade. The wind was making them feel refreshed.

"I never knew Autumn could be this beautiful," Jeongguk unknowingly whispered as he catched a falling brown leaf from the tree above them. "I would die to be in a place like this," Jeongguk continued. He was awestruck. Now he's starting to change the way he thinks of certain things.

"With whom?" Taehyung tilted his head as he looked at the younger. Jeongguk faced him, as if he knew the answer the instant Taehyung would ask him that.

"With you," he said. Taehyung can't help not to smile at that.

"Here," The older spoke and Jeongguk's doll eyes shined as he saw what Taehyung was holding.

"Where did you get that?" Jeongguk held the huge sunflower and he leaned his nose closer to it's disc floret. When he did so, he started sneezing. Taehyung laughed at him as he watched. "It doesn't have a smell," Jeongguk said and scratched his nose. Taehyung can't help but to smile at the younger.

"Yeah, but it is beautiful," Taehyung said. "I remember when you said that I was like the sun because I brought light to you. I supposed I should give you this flower then."

"And you want me to be your sunflower?" Jeongguk asked. Taehyung chuckled as he nodded at him. "You knew sunflowers follow the direction of the sun, right?"

"What?"

"So, I guess, you're right," Jeongguk started. Taehyung doesn't still get what he meant. "I will always look up to you... Because you're great person, Tae," he said, with a smile. Taehyung never felt so at ease whilst staring at someone else's face. Not when Jeongguk came. With the younger joining his frame, he knew his life has become so much better. It made his world turn in an unusual speed but made his life worth while than before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711K 33.2K 52
(book #1 completed. 17+) Jeon Jungkook can't help but to feel attracted to his bully, Kim Taehyung, despite being treated badly by him since childhoo...
7.6K 539 38
𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘎𝘈𝘝𝘌𝘙𝘚𝘌 Even someone as cold as Yoongi couldn't help but adore the boy stood in front of him. Side ships ; taekook Started ; sometime 2...
30.6K 1.2K 23
- please, I can't forget you - I heard that many times before goodbye Kim Taehyung rich, handsome as hell student who lacks nothing in his life, in...
469K 19.3K 58
❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precisely, two ex-lovers, meet again after thei...