Two Hearts in a Cold Street

By heoltrouble

Two souls would never far away from each other, they said. But what if there's two old souls couldn't recogn... More

The Casts
1. Hi~
2. Curious Cat
3. Telling Friend
4. Catching Feeling
5. No, no, no
6. Encouragement
7. Doodle Club
8. Sweetener
9. A Night To Remember
10. Us
11. After
12. Distraction
13. Friends
14. Time Ticking
15. Coincidence
16. Q and A
17. Mitchell's Birthday Surprise
18. It was okay
19. You, again
21. Competition
22. I heard here and there
23. Between Men
24. Family Dinner
25. Begging
26. An Uninvited Cupid
27. New Friend
28. It's a Date
29. Dean's Story
30. Progress?
31. Well..
32. He's here!

20. Pain(t)ball

24 4 0
By heoltrouble

How could he casually wants to back in my life after all the confusion and frustration he caused?
Like it was nothing, how could he?
And now he get disappointed when I refuse to trust him?
How dare he?!
He doesn't have right to feel disappointed by my action!
Where the hell je was when I need an explanation?
Did he know how much I hate myself because I feel I wasn't good enough for him?

I covered my mouth with my palm, hiding inside my blanket.

Why did I have to cry in front of Dean?

I should've waited until I'm out from that damn car then wailing at hotel's bathroom or anywhere, except in front of him.
I was too emotional to think clearly that crying in front of him will only make him proud and big headed..
And because of that now he knew my feeling
My stupidity let the emotion get the best of me, I confessed to him indirectly.

The worst part was; being the best version of himself, cold-hearted Dean didn't say anything. He just sat there in silent, driving me back to the hotel. Probably mentally grinning because he succeeded to hurt me, big time.

There's no way back, not even a chance to turn back the time.
From all the people in this big world, why it has to be Dean? Mitchell's cousin
Oh Lord help me..
Being heartbroken is already painful, I don't want another drama.

As easy as the tears coming down from my eyes, I spent the whole night crying under my blanket, managing myself to keep quiet so Wendy wouldn't hear me crying. At least, I don't have to worry about how I will look tomorrow. We're all free so I can wake up late and avoid them as long as I can, so my puffy eyes wouldn't be noticed by anyone. I will cry until I'm exhausted and fall asleep.

------

"Where's Charlie?" I heard Dongwook's voice, he's talking to Wendy while I'm curling under blanket, covering my whole body in fetal position. I'm actually awake but pretending to sleep, my goal today was to avoid them as long as I can.

I checked my phone, still 8 am.

"She's still sleeping and I don't want to disturb her, but I already left the note, she'll know where we going." Wendy talked in low voice, she was so nice and thoughtful.

"Ok then, let's go." I heard the door closed and back to dreamland.

I groaned in annoyance as my sleep ruined by someone shouting and slamming their fist on the door. Half sleep me, laying down and staring blankly at the ceiling..

"Charlieeee, I know you're thereee!" I could hear that voice clearly, but the voice owner still adding it with banging his fist on my door.

"CHAAAR!"

Ughhh, Mitchell! Shouldn't he still sleep now? He has to!

I walked lazily to the door and unlock it, then walk back to my bed. I knew Mitchell would invite myself in as long as he heard me unlocking the door.

"You will like it!" he exclaimed as he followed me. I glanced at digital watch beside my bed, 2 pm. I knew he will take me somewhere to have fun and all the fun stuff that I shouldn't let hem pass.

"Mitchell, I don't want to go anywhere." I reached for my blanket but he pulled it, we were kind of doing blanket tug war.

"You're no fun, but I don't care. I will wait here until you get tired of me." he let go of the blanket, making me lost my balance and my butt kissed the carpet floor, fast and hurt.

"OOPS, SORRY~" he said with no sincerity at all, jerk.

"Why are you here anyway?"

"I know you love me, but anyway..." he crossed his arms on his chest while looking at me in disgust. "Gray is at the lobby, waiting for you." his last statement making my eyes widened.

"WHAT?!"

"I love making people falling in love! We are all going to go paintball, that's perfect for a date. He will act too much to protect you and you will--"

"SHUT UP." I threw a pillow at his face then ran to bathroom right away.

What did he say?
Paintball?
Gray?
Aishhhh!

Whatever, I will deal with devil Mitchell later.
I need to get ready quickly and find the reason why on earth Gray's here without telling me at first.

----

How about my original plan to avoid everyone?
Ruined.
Well maybe not fully..
I avoid doodle team members, still half of my plan actually happened.
You can't get everything you want, I see.

"Where's Gray?" I noticed when Gray wasn't anywhere at the lobby to be seen.

"Gray isn't here."  Mitchell casually and innocently kept walking as we passed the lobby.

I stopped walking and looked at Mitchell as he grew two head.

"Whatt?" Oh, how I wish I misheard him.

"You heard me." he replied as I'm kind of idiot not understanding his words.

"You lied to me?!" half shouted was my respond. Don't blame me, I was lost at words, seriously... Mitchell, how could he--

He linked his arm on mine and half dragging me to the parking area because people were looking at us, "Well not really, but a little?"

"You- " I tried to reach his neck, I want to choke him! I swear! But he's taller than me so it's hard for me to reach.

He ignored my murder attempt and opened the door car for me, half shoving me in so I wouldn't make more embarrassing scene.

"I didn't think this will work, at first."  he said, when he turning on the car engine, "You know, who knows mentioning his name could make you revive from your sleep."

Ugh, can I strangle him, please?

"You will meet him, don't worry. Pfffttt, today gonna be fun~" he was teasing me, it's embarrassing  but at the end I smiled too. Maybe I will feel better after move around, shooting everyone with paint balls.

"I will punch you." I still managed to threatening him to hide my embarrassment of course.

"Yeah yeah~"

"Who's idea to go paintballing?"

"Paintballing? Is that even a word? Me, I woke up really late and missed running, I called Harvey and others to join but they already go hiking. Paintball will be good replace for work out."

"So it will be only three of us?"

"Don't be silly, I still have friends, Char. Gray and the others will join us. There's Minjung too, you will make friend."

"Yes, Sir."

It will be fun!

------

There's Jay and Minjung. They were already wearing uniform, so me and Mitchell not wasting time to join them.

"Hey, Charlie." Gray greeted me when I exit from the changing room. He wasn't the when I arrived, maybe he's at changing room.

I swear he's more handsome than last night... I mean, he's handsome but I didn't expect him to be look more handsome in broad daylight. He looks really attractive with the semi army uniform.

"Stop ogling at him, pervert." Mitchell nudged me and I elbowed his stomach as reply.

"You look cute, ignore AJ. You can look at me anytime you want."  Could Gray be more sweet than this? I think he could, and he would. But he still hasn't cross the line or make me cringe, that's great.

"Goshhhh, disgusting." Mitchell made gag sound then laughed.

"Can you just leave Gray alone? A man can try, right?" Jay smacked Mitchell's back.

"Just tell us if Gray makes you uncomfortable with his eyes heart emoji." Jay added, making all of us laughing.

"You guys ready?" Gray asked.

"Yeah, he will join us later. We can start now." Mitchell answered, maybe he's talking about their other friend.

We were originally six total. Gray, Mitchell and me make a team, of course with never ending teasing and fake gagging sound from Mitchell. Jay, Minjung and their will be come late friend make the other team.

I ran to hide as fast as I can, I will win with hiding until the game ended.

"Careful on your way.." Gray reminded me on the way we split direction.

"You know I've refrain myself to not shoot one of you, ok?" Mitchell's literally shoving Gray away from my side.

"Dean will shoot you on the chest, let's bet." Gray's comment made me freeze on my spot.

"I will shoot him first, he always win in this game. So annoying."

"Dean loves this game, he always be the last standing man." Gray added, then he looked at me, "just hide on the place that he will never could find you."

"You should worry for yourself." Mitchell answered on my behalf,  "It's just paintball, Char.. but geez.. Dean always make it feels like war."

"You guys shouldn't let him to join then.. he sounds scary."

"Well, we love adrenaline pumping." they both chuckled and we part ways.

"Good luck!"  I didn't pay attention anymore who's said that, because the most unwanted human to meet was actually here, near me.

I wish he would never find me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 950 31
Love always happened in an unexpected ways, and some will always end in such luck. Sometimes, it's not about falling in love at first sight; rather...
11.6K 1K 41
❝ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴏꜰ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ? ❞ ❝ ᴠᴇʀʏ! ❞ Deceitful, disrespectful and downright detestable; Derya took pride in being unapologetiy evil, a...
3.3K 144 26
Two childhood Lovers separating after one has to move to another country but they soon reunite after a few years, Through Ups and Downs they make it...