TORTURED SOUL, general kiriga...

By -tothelakes

COMPLETED, liliya was an inferni and one of general kirigan's closest advisors. she was not the conventional... More

TORTURED SOUL
GRAPHICS
ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
ACT TWO
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

3.6K 161 378
By -tothelakes

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

The bedroom was quiet in the early morning. The sun leaking through the open curtains as Liliya stared at the ceiling. She had been doing that for the past few hours, her stomach twisting in anxiety. It had been a few days since her conversation with Aleksander about the Sun Summoner and they had managed to outline a plan. They had been waiting on Roma, Lev and Tomas to return which they were supposed to do that morning.

Liliya had heard nothing, no movement or people in the war room or what felt like anywhere. She just stared anxiously up at the ceiling as Aleksander rested against her. His head resting against her chest, practically resting against her boobs. She didn't mind and after a moment, moved her hands to his hair. Pushing her fingers through his locks. It was still so soft.

"Good morning," He murmured softly. His head lifting up a little. She wasn't sure if her playing with his hair had woken him up or if he had simply been awake the whole time she had been staring. Either way, she didn't mind and instead smiled down at her.

"Morning," She said. Aleksander then forced his eyes open, looking up at her. He was still exhausted from sleep and his eyes eventually closed, too tired to keep them open. Her fingers ran through his hair, fixing it. He almost always woke up with perfect hair. Bed-head seemed to be something that escaped him which she was always jealous of but she liked admiring him in the mornings. Cute bed-head or not.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked. He knew her by now. Knew her habits of just staring at the ceiling in anxious thought. A part of her also assumed that he could hear the thumping of her heart which was always a give away to how she was feeling.

"A few hours. I thought you were asleep," She responded. Aleksander hummed in response before he pressed a soft kiss to her collarbone. He then pushed himself to sit up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he sat back. Liliya smiled up at him, rolling onto her side.

"They should have returned at dawn," Aleksander said as he slid off the bed. He pushed his fingers through his hair and crossed over to the bathroom. Liliya nodded and watched him move, admiring his behind with a small smirk on her face.

But then she caught herself and pulled a pillow over her head. Her eyes closing again as she let out a soft sigh. Admiring his arse had been something she had found herself doing a lot. That along with admiring his chest and she hated that she did it so often. It was embarrassing and entirely surprising that he hadn't noticed.

"I will meet them alone if you would like to sleep longer," Aleksander said as he walked back into the room. Pulling the pillow back off her face, she pouted a little before she pushed herself to sit back against the headboard. Stretching her arms above her head, letting out a soft groan before letting her hands drop.

"I don't need anymore. It was nothing," Liliya dismissed as she kicked the covers back. Aleksander turned to her and a small smile appeared on his lips as he noticed her pink cheeks.

"Nothing?" He questioned as he grabbed his pants from the drawer. Collecting his clothes for the day ahead before he turned to face her.

"Definitely nothing," She nodded. Aleksander didn't believe her but dismissed it as he went back to his clothes. Liliya's eyes wondered again and she watched as he took his pants and underwear off, changing into a fresh set, "Aleksander," She said, breaking the silence. He looked back at her briefly, urging her to go on, "Are my breasts comfortable for you to lie on?" She asked. He seemed stunned by the question. Pausing in his movements before he hitched his pants on.

"Milaya, you are getting distracted," He commented as he pulled his shirt over his head. Liliya shrugged before she walked over to the wardrobe. Her fingers skimming across his black keftas before picking up one of her blue ones.

"You are the one that lies on them every morning," She mumbled before she walked over to the dresser. Opening the drawers and grabbing her blouse. She went to move but then she felt two hands around her waist and he leant forward, pressing a soft kiss to the skin just below her ear.

"Stop getting distracted," He whispered. His body pressed against her. Liliya tilted her head back and looked up at him, pouting.

"You aren't helping," She said. He pressed a kiss to her temple before he walked over to grab his own kefta. Liliya got fully dressed and adjusted the kefta over her shoulders, "Where are Lev, Tomas and Roma? Will they be in the War Room?" She asked. Aleksander shook his head and finished buttoning up his kefta. His boots on and he looked every bit the General he was supposed to be.

"They will be in the dining hall. I granted them an early breakfast," Aleksander explained. Liliya felt her stomach grumble and she realised just how hungry she was. Maybe an early breakfast was a good idea for her too.

***

The men were sat enjoying their breakfast at the table when Kirigan and Liliya walked in. Dressed regally in their keftas compared to the men who were considerably dressed down. Roma was the one to stand up and greet Kirigan. Liliya took that opportunity to walk over to the table and once Roma had sat back down, she leant over his shoulder and snatched some herring from his plate.

"Hey," Roma complained but Liliya just grinned and ate it. Kirigan watched her with an unimpressed look and she shrugged in response. He gently shook his head and then pulled a chair around so the two of them could sit on the opposite side of the table to the boys.

"Has there been any success?" Kirigan asked, his calm and composed nature coming back. Liliya much preferred Kirigan when they were alone but she knew that it was necessary. Acting unemotional was the much better choice when it came to warfare.

"No. We can't seem to locate the child." Roma explained and Liliya let out a soft sigh. She pushed her fingers through her hair before letting them rest in her lap again. She knew that she shouldn't express her frustrations so openly. It was not Lev or Roma or Tomas' fault that the Boy was sneaky and had so far evaded them. It was strange and completely baffling that he had managed to do so but Liliya hadn't been there. There was little hope.

"Did you use the Fold, like I suggested?" Liliya questioned. Roma then glanced to Lev and back to Tomas before landing back on Liliya again. He shook his head and the redhead frowned deeply. She leant forward slightly, raising an eyebrow.

"After you were shot, we decided to move away from that area," Roma explained. That was not the whole truth but he wasn't sure how much Liliya was supposed to know. They had believed that Kirigan filled her in on what had happened but she seemed to be in the dark. It was strange but Roma tried not to let it bother him.

"Shot or not, you should have stayed." Liliya said, the annoyance lacing her tone as she leant closer. Her hands throwing up in front of her before she leant back against the chair. Shaking her head as her gaze moved away from the boys for a second.

"I ordered them to leave," Kirigan explained. Attempting to qualm her annoyance. There was no reason for an argument to start but he knew Liliya and he knew how she would have reacted. She didn't like when things didn't go her way especially in regards to tracking.

"What? Why?" She asked, her voice was filled with incredulity. It made no sense that she wasn't followed. She had the most experience and she had spent hours with the Boy. She had at least some grasp of how he thought and what he thought.

"It was a pointless endeavour. The child would not go near the Fold," Kirigan responded. His words effectively silencing any of her rebuttals. A soft huff escaped Liliya's lips as she stared up at the ceiling. Her hand resting in her lap, messing with the edge of her kefta. It was stupid and completely ridiculous.

"We managed to trail the child back to Keramzin and we nearly got him but then he seemed to disappear," Roma said, attempting to ease the tension. It was good news at least. Something positive had at least come out of moving from the Fold. It was not what she hoped to hear but it gave her some sort of hope that the Child could be found. She felt optimistic at least.

"What if a Shu assassin got him?" Liliya questioned. The thought springing to mind. The ambassador had threatened that somebody would find the Boy before she did. If the innocent boy had been shot by a Shu assassin, what was to stop the real boy from being shot? By the same Shu assassins. Liliya quickly began to realise how imminent the threat was and how much time they were wasting debating this.

"Then they would be violating an agreement and it would be a grounds for war. They are in Ravka without anyone knowing," Lev commented. He spoke so matter of factly and Liliya wondered if he was thinking properly. That agreement had been broke so many times over the past weeks that it didn't even matter. War was imminent and Liliya knew that they needed to find the Sun Summoner.

"I already broke that by crossing over to Shu Han twice and Shu Han broke that twice by sending two assassins after me," Liliya snapped in response, not realising how frustrated she had become. She cleared her throat and sent him a soft smile as an apology. Lev just waved it off, she was glad he could be so understanding even if he was an arsehole at times.

"Two?" Roma asked and Liliya nodded.

"I got stabbed in the Little Palace," She explained. Roma frowned and Lev seemed just as concerned. Tomas being as passive as he always was. He was like David but so much more dangerous.

"Oh," Roma muttered.

"This is irrelevant," Kirigan reminded them. He understood that it was new information but they needed to focus on other things. Primarily finding the Sun Summoner.

"What if the Child has an endgame? What if they want us to find him?" Lev suggested as he pushed the herring around on his plate before he glanced over at Tomas. The man was once again deep in thought, trying to work out what was exactly to do next.

"He would make it easier," Liliya muttered. If he had been easier and the Boy wanted to get caught, they wouldn't be having this conversation. There was a game at play and Liliya didn't know. Nobody knew and that was what was worrying.

"The Child may be the Sun Summoner but we're not sure of this fact. If this proves too difficult, can't we abandon the attempt?" Lev suggested. Kirigan looked to him and seemed to consider it but stayed silent. Liliya sighed and pushed her fingers through her hair, adjusting in her seat. It seemed dangerous and stupid to do.

"What if he's the only Sun Summoner that ever exists?" Liliya questioned. Kirigan glanced over to her and he watched her face for a long moment. He then turned his attention back to Tomas who seemed like he had something to say.

"That would be impossible," Tomas muttered. Liliya moved her gaze to the man's face and cocked an eyebrow. It wasn't impossible, unlucky but not impossible. The Saints could be cruel and this felt like a situation where they would be.

"Then we need to find him," Roma decided. His voice was firm and commanding as he glanced between his two men. Liliya nodded in agreement before she glanced over at Kirigan. The General had stayed relatively silent and he didn't see any reason to interrupt.

"General Kirigan and I will be joining you on your search for the boy. We need as much information as possible to make a plan," Liliya said, breaking the news to the men. Lev raised an eyebrow and Tomas had a vaguely surprised expression before he fell back to boredom.

"You are leaving the Little Palace?" Roma asked

"Yes." She reaffirmed. Despite his tone, she knew that she had to go. If she didn't, the boy would be lost. There would be no chance to find him and that was far from what they wanted. They needed the boy, they needed the Sun Summoner to save Ravka from itself.

"The Boy needs to be found and if my best tracker cannot find him, we give up on this search. There will be another potential Sun Summoner," Kirigan said simply. Speaking for the first time in a few minutes. A mildly offended expression crossed Lev's face in the form of a small scowl but it let up after a moment. Roma giving him a warning look.

"We need a day to recuperate but we can meet in the war room this evening and formulate a plan," Roma suggested. Liliya nodded and then stood up, brushing down her kefta as she stepped back. Kirigan stood up and nodded his head.

"Wonderful, I will send a servant with the time," Kirigan dismissed as he began to walk away. Liliya knew that she should follow so was quick to send the men a wide smile. She needed to catch-up with the trio a little more but she knew that could wait.

"Enjoy your breakfast," Liliya called as they exchanged quick goodbyes. Then Liliya was following after her General. He seemed to be deep in thought and she wanted to ensure that he was okay.

***

The meeting in the War Room had been successful. They managed to create a plan of action and their next few moves were set out. The possibilities of where the boy was were mapped out. Every situation accounted for and thought through. It was far later than any of them would have liked when they were done. Liliya felt exhausted, her brain was mush as she walked into his room.

She pulled her kefta off and dumped it on the floor, walking over to the bed. She collapsed against it and Aleksander walked in behind her. His knelt down and picked up her kefta, hanging it inside the wardrobe. He did the same with his own and turned to face her. She had rolled herself up in the covers. Her arms tucked to her chest and her eyes closed. He tilted his head to the side slightly and then began to change into his pyjamas.

"Take your boots off," He commented as he took his own off. Liliya groaned and unrolled herself before kicking them off. She then pushed herself forward and lay her head against the pillow. Not bother to take any of her other clothes off. She just wanted to sleep and have the next day come quickly. Once the next day had come, they would be ready to leave, "Milaya," Aleksander said as he pulled his pants on.

Liliya lifted her head up and tilted her head slightly, a pout on her lips. The exhaustion evident in how relaxed her limbs to become. Her eyes were closing despite herself. He walked over to the bed and gestured for her to come into his lap. She did so and sat down on top of him. Her fingers running through his hair as her sleepy gaze flicked across his face.

"You're so handsome," She muttered softly. The words escaping her lips on accident. She then proceeded to chuckle softly at herself, her head falling to his neck. She hid from him, wrapping her arms tighter around his chest. He pressed a soft kiss to her hair before lifting her head.

"Milaya," He said and she looked into his eyes, raising an eyebrow, "Your clothes are dirty. You need to change," He added. She pouted and then glanced down at the sleeves of her blouse. They were covered in dirt and some dried blood. A training session with Arina and then one with Lev had leant her a few - now healed - injuries. The evidence was still on her clothes but she didn't have much energy.

But she began to pull her arms out of the sleeves of her blouse but quickly realised that she should have just pulled it over her heard. A smile spread on Aleksander's face and he reached for the bottom of the blouse, pulling it over her head.

"Thank you," She muttered once it had been discarded. She then crawled off his lap, stumbling slightly as she walked across the room. Taking her socks off was easy but as she pulled down her pants, she nearly fell over. A chuckle escaping her lips. It was completely accidental and she felt drunk on exhaustion. Her hand pressed against the edge of the dresser.

"Are you okay, milaya?" He asked. She nodded her head and pulled her pants off finally. She slipped the night dress over her head and walked back over to him. Her vision was blurry as she stared at him, her head tilting. It was hard to even make out his figure and she reached her hand out, expecting him to be closer than he was.

"I really need to sleep. Everything is so far away," Liliya chuckled though she could feel the anxiety in the pit of her stomach. Her hands reaching out for him as she slid back into bed. Aleksander watched her with suspicion before nodding and pulling her into him. She let her eyes close but everything still felt wrong. Her head was spinning and there was a strange tingling across her skin. Then the sick came up her throat and she was quick to swallow it down. The bitter taste lingered in her mouth but the more she tried to ignore it, the worse it got.

Without saying a word, she slid out from under him. Her eyes opening and the whole room was spinning and blurring. She could barely see anything but she stumbled through in search of the bathroom. There was no way she was throwing up on his floor. That would be embarassing enough.

"Milaya," He said, his words were soft as he stared over at her. Liliya waved her hand in an attempt to say that she was fine but then she stumbled and tripped over her boots. Her head colliding with the wall and she let out a cry of pain. Her eyes squeezing shut but nothing would stop the feeling. The nausea that was eating her up. She felt two hands on her own and she moved to stand up.

"I feel sick," She muttered. Aleksander nodded and then he guided her towards the bathroom. The concern etched on his features though she couldn't see that. Her vision was too blurry and she reached the toilet, kneeling next to it. Her head rested against the cool porcelain as she let her eyes fall closed again. Waiting for the wave to pass over again. Maybe throwing up would make it better.

"I will get a Healer. You hit your head," Aleksander said as he stepped away from her. Liliya then threw her hand out, searching for his hand but she found he wasn't where she expected. Her eyes opened again and she realised that he was at the door or maybe he was closer. She didn't know anymore.

"Stay," She begged softly. Aleksander glanced over at the door before he nodded and walked over to her. He hovered for a moment before sitting down beside her. His hand resting in her hair, gently running through it. His touch gave her something to focus on as she closed her eyes.

"Do you just feel ill?" He asked softly. Liliya opened her eyes again and squinted, trying to clear her vision but nothing seemed to work. He still seemed so far away.

"I can't see properly. You look so far away," Liliya mumbled, her hand reaching out. He was closer than expected this time and he reached out to take her hand. His gaze fixed on her face. He could see sweat dripping from her forehead and she looked even paler than usual, "The room is spinning. Saints, my head hurts," She added. Aleksander than reached his hand out and felt her forehead and she felt boiling hot. He pulled his head away and glanced at the door.

"You've been poisoned. I need to find the Healer," Aleksander said as he moved away from Liliya. His hand slipping from her grasp. She let out a soft whine, reaching out for him again, but he was quick. She watched him walk out of the door and the wave of nausea hit her. She hurled into the sink and the sick burnt her throat on the way up. Her fingers grasping at the edge of the toilet bowl.

Everything hurt, ached and the nausea still didn't let up. Her body trying to force out food that wasn't there and she quickly turned to dry heaving. Her hands shaking as the tears ran down her cheeks. She knew she looked a mess but she didn't care. Aleksander had left and she just needed him, to hold. Her head fell back against the toilet and she reached to flush the water away but her fingers were too weak to push it down. A soft sob escaping her lips.

"You were right to find me. Bring her into the room," A new voice joined the conversation. A voice she recognised but the name escaped her addled mind. Then two arms wrapped around her and they helped her to her feet, her gaze flicking back. Aleksander stood with a concentrated expression. His arm wrapping around her waist as they walked into the bedroom. He placed her on the bed and the new woman walked over.

"What's going on?" Liliya asked, reaching out for the dark figure stood behind the woman. The name she couldn't quite place but she knew she needed him. Her fingers reaching out but he shook his head. Her gaze then moved back to the woman.

"Liliya, you have been poisoned. I need you to drink this," The woman said as she lifted a cup. She reached out tentatively for it but she felt too weak and it nearly slipped from her grip. The woman still holding onto it, "General Kirigan, we need your assistance," The woman added. The man then moved across the room and took a hold of the cup. Assisting her with taking long sips of it. Liliya letting it happen, not entirely sure what was going on.

The woman seemed to disappear for a moment and Liliya kept her head rested against the man's shoulder. A name slowly coming to the front of her mind but the woman returned and another wave of nausea hit her, pushing the name to the back of her mind.

"Chew this," The woman said as she held it out. Liliya stared at the leaf for a moment before it was placed in her mouth and she began to chew. Her body swaying as the fresh taste of the leaf filled her mouth. It tasted good and the sickness seemed to subside the more she chewed on it. Her vision cleared slightly. Then she felt a hand on her back and her head snapped to the man next to her. Aleksander.

"You need to drink this," He urged as he held it closer. She nodded and then took it. Her hands were still shaky and weak but she managed to take a hold of it and took a long sip.

"Why can't she just use her abilities?" Lilya asked as she kept the cup against her lip. Her eyebrows furrowed together. Aleksander glanced down at the woman who was sorting through the box of supplies.

"It was Shu poison. Designed so that past a certain point, Grisha cannot heal it. We have encountered it before so we knew the remedy," Aleksander explained. Liliya nodded and took another sip of the drink. Everything still felt like it was spinning and the nausea had mostly subsided. The exhaustion still blanketed her but she put that down to her actually being tired. It had been a long day.

"Make sure she drinks all of that and rests tonight. Most of the symptoms will clear up in the morning," The woman said as she stood up. She then left the room promptly. Liliya just stared down at what she was drinking, realising how it was a strange sickly purple colour. Her nose scrunched up and she had the urge to put it down. Aleksander noticed and instead, pushed it towards her lips.

She took another few sips before she shuffled into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist on automatic and pressed a soft kiss to the top of her head. His head resting against hers as he held tightly. The sweat seemed to have cleared away and her usual pale skin tone had returned.

"This is awful," Liliya muttered softly, referencing the drink. Aleksander then pushed it closer to her face.

"The poison will kill you if you don't drink it," He commented. She pouted and stared down at the liquid before taking another sip. Nearly gagging at the taste before she swallowed it down. Pulling a face of disgust before he leant down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

"Everything still feels blurry and the rooms spinning," She muttered softly as she stared down at the drink. Aleksander rested his head against hers and urged her to drink the rest of the liquid. She did so and downed the rest before leaning over and putting it on the bedside table. Her face scrunched up in disgust as she swallowed it down.

Once she was done, the two of them crawled into bed and she curled up into his side. His hand rested on her waist and he pulled her close. Her eyes squeezed shut in an attempt to remove the spinning she felt in her head. It was practically impossible but she tried her best. His fingers through her hair eventually lulling her to sleep.

***

author's note! i finally decided to give lev & roma faceclaims (hence the top gif) so kit harington plays the gorgeous roma and then chad michael murray plays our neighbourhood asshole lev! tomas still has not got a faceclaim because i am STRUGGLING but i thought roma (at least) deserved a faceclaim cause he is bby tbh. but here is another chapter and DONT COME FOR ME ABOUT HER BEING POISONED, it just sort of happened and it's a thread that i introduced and i think it's lowkey gonna go a little unresolved but not at the same time, i will work on that come the editing/when i'm writing the next chapters but yeah, i hope you enjoyed the chapter, love y'all! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.3K 2.5K 19
"She is all I have." "Not anymore." - Anastasia Starkov has known nothing other than her sister and her best friend. When Alina gets ta...
163K 6K 34
In order to keep Ravka intact, general Kirigan, the Darkling, must marry. Needless to say, he's not happy about it, but neither is his human bride. 1...
28K 891 36
(𝐊𝐀𝐙 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐊𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐗 𝐅. 𝐎𝐂) ❝︎Why didn't he see it coming?❞︎ BORN A PRISONER, TURNED INTO one of the best sol...
3.7K 195 10
❝even the devil couldn't help falling for the angel❞ [Shadow and Bone][General Kirigan/Darkling] Emelyne Ivetta, the first Nature Grisha of her kind...