TORTURED SOUL, general kiriga...

By -tothelakes

COMPLETED, liliya was an inferni and one of general kirigan's closest advisors. she was not the conventional... More

TORTURED SOUL
GRAPHICS
ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
ACT TWO
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER SIX

7.1K 317 416
By -tothelakes

CHAPTER SIX

Once they had reached Liliya's room, the redhead collapsed against the bed. Genya sat down on the edge, resting her hands back as she looked up at the ceiling. The silence filling the space between them before Liliya turned over.

"Are you alright?" Liliya asked as she looked up at the other woman. There was a look on Genya's face that Liliya couldn't quite decipher. Somewhere between hurt and frustrated but she was trying not to show it. It was odd. Genya never seemed annoyed, not like this. So Liliya pushed herself up and shuffled over.

"I'm fine. I just needed to speak to you about... powerful men," Genya decided, unsure how to word what she meant. Liliya tilted her head, knowing exactly who she was talking about. Somehow Genya must have found out about what had happened with Kirigan. There was no way she could have but she must have seen or heard, something.

"If this is about Kirigan, I already told you I do not want to pursue him. He's my superior," Liliya said. She was only half-lying but the look on Genya's face made her gut twist in guilt. She looked exasperated with Liliya and was quick to put space between them. Her hands resting at her sides as she stared off at the wall, "Genya," Liliya said softly, sliding off the bed.

"What was the meeting about? I saw Roma, Lev and Tomas, I heard that they were tracking the Shu boy," Genya asked turning to face Liliya. The two met gazes and Genya let a soft smile appear on her lips. The anger flushing away. There was no need to argue over Kirigan or anything that was about to happen. It would be pointless.

"It was about the boy. I shouldn't say much but Kirigan is being... frustrating," Liliya said as she grabbed onto Genya's hand, pulling her towards the bed. The two of them sitting down, Liliya lying back and Genya joining her, adjusting the kefta around her body. She could see Liliya's wet hair still but didn't bother commenting.

"How?" Genya asked as she settled her hands against her stomach. Liliya rolled over onto her side, her hand going under her head as she thought for a moment. Trying to decide how to word what she meant. For all she knew, Genya may report back.

"He knows I am his best tracker yet he is confining me to the Little Palace. I am being foolish so he cannot trust me. That's what he said. He wants to keep me alive because I'm important to him," Liliya explained as she looked up at Genya. The redhead was staring at the ceiling of the bed and Liliya watched as Genya's face shifted as she spoke. The confusion, the annoyance, just a hint of jealous before she left her neutral expression on.

"You have been foolish. You don't listen to him," Genya argued. Liliya scoffed and rolled onto her back again, letting her hands rest above her head. Her fingers fiddling with the strands of hair as she let her eyes close.

"I have never listened to him unless it's necessary. He is punishing me and I think I know why," Liliya explained. Genya turned her head to Liliya, watching as her chest rise and fell.

The silence drawing out for a moment before Genya asked, "Why?" Liliya then opened her eyes and turned her head. Her hands moving to rest against her stomach.

"Because I kept getting hurt and not going to the Healers," Liliya said. Genya frowned for a moment, her gaze flicking to the wall behind Liliya's head before humming.

"I suppose he hated seeing that pretty face injured," Genya muttered, a smirk spreading across her face. Liliya scoffed and whacked the girl on her shoulder before she moved to sit up. Her hands in her lap, "I think it's more likely Ivan's influence. I heard him speaking to Kirigan about your under-performance in training sessions," Genya added. She then moved off the bed and crossed over to the mirror, sitting in front of the vanity. Her fingers moving to brush her hair out of her face and check for any blemishes that had cropped up.

"When did you hear them talking?" Liliya asked. Genya shrugged, letting her hands drop as she turned around on the stool.

"Before Kirigan left for three days. I only heard the end of the conversation," Genya explained. Liliya pursed her lips before she nodded, pushing herself to her feet. She adjusted her blouse and thought for a moment, her tongue passing over her teeth. She could find Ivan and teach him a lesson or she could stay with Genya and enjoy the woman's company.

"If you happen to see Ivan before I do, tell him I want to speak to him," Liliya said as she walked up behind Genya. Wrapping her arms around her neck from behind. Genya looked up and nodded before she stared at herself in the mirror again. Liliya brushed some hair out of Genya's face before tilting her head. Everything about Genya was perfect.

"I saw you kiss him," Genya said, her hands resting in her lap. Liliya sighed and moved away, grabbing the second stool. She then pulled it next to Genya and sat down.

"He kissed me," Liliya corrected, "And I'm sure it meant nothing to him. He is General Kirigan. He has tumbled around with Zoya and so many other Grisha," Liliya added. Her own confession made her heart ache. The thought of being just another Grisha was disappointing but she knew that was all she bound to be. A relationship was never going to be on the cards.

"I don't want you to become another one of them," Genya shrugged as she pulled one of the draws of the vanity open. Picking up the brush from inside and pushing herself closer to Liliya, "Turn around. Your hair is wet and tangled," Genya said. In truth it had been bugging her the entire time but she decided against commenting. Now it was just something to do.

"Pass me the candle, let me dry it first," Liliya said as she held her hand out for the holder. Genya held the candle in front of Liliya and with a few handmovements and silence between them, Liliya's hair was dry. Nowhere near perfect and still tangled but better.

"I'll remove the bags from under your eyes if you'd like. It must have worn off earlier," Genya said as Liliya turned around. The redhead considered it for a moment, biting her bottom lip before nodding. Genya then reached forward with the brush and began to work the knots out of Liliya's hair. She was always so gentle with the brush.

"I still haven't been sleeping," Liliya admitted. Genya hummed and continued to brush her hair. The locks becoming healthier, shinier, stronger through Genya's abilities. Liliya noticed but didn't say a word, her hair feeling nice was perfectly fine by her.

"I can tell," Genya responded and Liliya rolled her eyes before letting them close. The gentle pull of the brush and Genya's fingers against her skin lulling her into a sense of calm. After the meeting and the kiss with Kirigan, she needed it.

"Kirigan knows too. I hope they were still concealed during that meeting," Liliya muttered as Genya placed the hair brush down. She then ran her fingers through and pushed it over Liliya's shoulder. The redhead opening her eyes and turning back to look at Genya.

"Kirigan is observant but he wouldn't care," Genya shrugged. Liliya shrugged and adjusted her position, straightening her posture a little, "Now stay still," Genya instructed. She then lifted her thumbs to press on the eye bags underneath Liliya's eyes. The unpleasant tingling subdued after a moment and Liliya opened her eyes again.

Genya had already lifted a mirror and Liliya smiled. It was like they were never there at all. She really needed to sleep more but that was only going to be more difficult tonight.

"I don't think he'll let me track the boy until I'm sleeping again," Liliya said as she shuffled back and got up from her stool. Genya frowned, watching her walk over to the bed.

"Aren't you glad to be at the Little Palace?" Genya asked. Liliya shrugged and pulled the covers of her bed back. She then slid underneath and let out a soft huff. Her hands resting against her stomach under the covers.

"I'm happy to see you but I feel useless," Liliya said. Genya stood from her stool and then began to take her kefta off. She would likely have to be attending to the Queen soon but she had half an hour at least.

"Lift up the covers," Genya said, an odd command to her voice. It made Liliya chuckle but she lifted them and Genya slid in underneath. She pulled Liliya closer and let the redhead nestle her head under Genya's chin.

"You are perfect, you even smell amazing," Liliya muttered softly. She would never get used to Genya. The perfect Grisha in every way despite things that have happened, she was still wonderful. Kind, caring, loving. She had her flaws but everyone did. But Genya didn't respond to the compliment. Instead, she just began to softly caress Liliya's hair, soothing the woman who slowly began to fall into sleep. She was clearly exhausted.

***

Liliya woke up early the next morning. Her eyes blinking open as she nuzzled her face into the chest of Genya. A soft groan came from the girl above her and Genya opened her eyes, groaning at the sunlight pouring through the windows. The woman then rolled over onto her back, stretching her hands above her head. Liliya letting out a whine in response to the movement, seeking the heat of Genya's body.

"Oh..." Genya said, her voice was raspy but the dread that filled her tone was obvious to Liliya even in her half-asleep state.

"What?" Liliya muttered sleepily, opening her eyes again. Genya was sat up now, a fearful expression on her face. She then shoved the covers back and leapt out of the bed, grabbing her kefta and shoes. Slipping them on quickly and rushing to the vanity, sorting out her appearance.

"I slept here. I was supposed to attend to the Queen. Oh Saints," Genya muttered as she stared down at the wood of the vanity. She then pushed herself back and went right for the door. Her hand grabbing the handle but when she opened it, Arina was stood on the other side. The sneer spreading across her face quickly.

"General Kirigan wants to speak to both of you. Off you go, Tailor," Arina said, stepping back to allow Genya to walk past. Genya nodded and rushed away. The fear not once leaving her face. Liliya, on the other hand, was still disorientated and exhausted. She was sat up at least, her head in her hands as she rubbed the sleep from them.

"What's going on?" Liliya asked as she kicked the covers back. Her arms stretched above her head and she yawned before clambering out of bed. She was still in a blouse and trousers from the previous day but she at least felt more awake.

"I could ask you the same question," Arina said as she walked in, closing the door behind her. Liliya sighed and walked over to her closet, grabbing her kefta. She then grabbed a blouse and a new set of pants. These felt clammy.

"We fell asleep," Liliya shrugged it off. It felt unnecessary to explain. Neither of them had been naked and the most Genya had put on was her boots and kefta. It wasn't like they would do anything else. They were more responsible than that especially considering Genya's precarious position.

"Why are you sleeping with the Tailor? Of all Grisha?" Arina asked as she leant against the door. The disgust lacing her tone. Liliya pulled her blouse off and replaced it before sighing, shaking her head at the black-haired woman's words.

"Seriously, Arina, now?" Liliya asked, the annoyance lacing her tone. Her voice was still raspy from sleep but the more she spoke, the better she sounded. Arina walked over, grabbing onto Liliya's arm.

"Yes," Arina said. Liliya shook off the woman and then put on her fresh pair of pants before turning around. Pulling her kefta into her hands, picking any fluff off the front before pulling it over her shoulders.

"Because she's kind, she's sweet. We understand each other," Liliya shrugged. This conversation was one that she'd had far too many times with Arina. The black-haired woman had never approved of Liliya and Genya's friendship. Genya was seen as the lowest of all Grisha, worse than the Fabrikators. Liliya didn't care.

"Do you love her?" Arina asked, curiosity lacing her tone. Liliya shrugged.

"I don't know," was all she could think to respond. The question had caught her off guard. It was never something she had put much thought into. She definitely felt something towards Genya but whatever that was, she had no idea.

"Do you love Kirigan?" Arina asked. The question was another curveball and it made Liliya pause. Her hands resting at her side as she stared off for a moment.

"What has the General got to do with any of this?" Liliya brushed it off. She grabbed her boots and then sat on the edge of the bed, pulling them on. If she was going to see him like Arina said she would, she had to look presentable. Especially considering what she was planning on asking of Kirigan. She just hoped it would work.

"I saw him kiss you," Arina admitted and Liliya sighed. She was beginning to wonder if that kiss had been private at all. It didn't... entirely bother her. But everyone knew and it was exhausting.

"What if I do love Kirigan? What does it matter if I love Genya?" Liliya said, throwing her hands out as she turned back to look up at Arina. The black-haired girl sighed and pushed her fingers through her hair before walking over.

"Kirigan will use you and Genya is not worth it," Arina decided. Liliya pulled her other boot on and then stood up, glaring at Arina before walking past her.

"Genya is worth a lot more than you think," Liliya spat as she headed towards the door. She would need to get to Kirigan's chambers if they were going to have any conversation. That wouldn't happen if she argued with Arina all morning.

"What because she makes you look pretty? Removes those eye bags for you? Does your hair? Makes you look perfect for General Kirigan?" Arina spat. The jealous filled her tone and it caught Liliya off-guard. She turned on her heel and looked at Arina, tilting her head slightly before scoffing.

"Kirigan asks her to do that. I don't care, I don't like her doing it most of the time. I like my hair looking nice but it does without Genya. The eyebags are because I can't sleep. Do you know why that is?" Liliya snapped, her gaze fixed on Arina's face. Twisting in annoyance and frustration.

"I'm sure you'll tell me," Arina said, throwing her arm out in exasperation.

"Because I got stabbed following orders. I got stabbed trying to bring back a boy to General Kirigan. It was a mission that you should have been there for but you ran away because of Ivan," Liliya accused, stepping closer to the black-haired girl. Arina then lifted her head, meeting the other woman's striking blue eyes. The scowl on her lips.

"I did not run away," Arina hissed.

"Then why did you beg Kirigan to send you away? I needed you for that mission to Shu Han," Liliya practically shouted. Her hands balling into fists before she stepped back and took a deep breath. This was in the past, it was stupid to bring it up but it just came out.

"I found out my parents were living in Os Kervo!" Arina shouted back and Liliya stopped. Her eyebrows pulling together as she twisted around.

"What?" Liliya asked, her face pulled into a frown. Arina had never mentioned that she had found her parents. She knew she had been looking but never that she had been successful.

"I wanted to see them so when I saw that a group was being sent over, I begged him to let me go," Arina explained, throwing her hands out. A soft sigh escaped her lips, "And Ivan rejecting me didn't help either," She admitted. More of an afterthought than a confession. Liliya sighed and rubbed her face with her hands.

"Arina," Liliya said as she dropped her hands. Her voice soft.

"What?" Arina asked, her tone was defensive. It was almost like she expected Liliya to be cruel.

"You should have told me. I would have gone with you," The redhead said as she stepped closer. Arina shrugged.

"If anyone knew that's why I went, I'd have been laughed out of the Little Palace," Arina muttered. Liliya shook her head. She knew that the Little Palace was home to every Grisha now but it was still natural to want to know. Liliya wondered sometimes but she never saw the point. She didn't have scars for no reason.

"I don't think it would matter..." Liliya argued and Arina once again shrugged, "and I wasn't sleeping with Genya. She was helping me fall asleep. I was exhausted," Liliya explained. Her voice was calm. She didn't want another argument. It was uneccessary. They were supposed to be friends, not at each other's throats constantly.

"I know, the Queen was furious. I think Kirigan managed to calm her down and excuse Genya's behaviour," Arina said. Liliya let out a breath of relief. That was good at least. Liliya didn't want to be responsible for any hurt that Genya went through. The whole situation was an accident and just proved how exhausted they had both been. They had slept through the evening and through the whole night, "He wants to speak to you," Arina added. Liliya nodded. That was inevitable. She had jeopardised Genya's position. There were going to consequences but she was sure that she could convince Kirigan.

"And I know exactly what I need to say," Liliya smiled as she turned around and headed towards the door. Arina watched her with a curious gaze before smiling.

"Be careful," Arina warned. Liliya nodded and then left the room. Her hands resting against her kefta. Her head high. She was walking as confident and as gracefully as she usually did. She had a reputation to upkeep and that wasn't going to fail now. She looked better than she had the last few days and it felt good.

There was a pit of dread in her stomach at the prospect of her meeting with Kirigan but there were worse things that could happen. So, she swallowed her pride and walked through to his Chambers. The office door was ajar when she reached it and Kirigan was sat inside. Writing on a piece of parchment. Genya was gone.

"General Kirigan," Liliya said as she stepped inside. The servant was gone so she nudged the door closed with the heel of her boots before walking over and sitting on the chair. She rested her hands in her lap and smiled, "You wanted to speak to me?" She asked. Kirigan looked up and nodded. He stopped writing and put his attention on her once again.

"Your involvement with Genya is be-" He began but Liliya was quick to cut him off. She hoped the power play would work. Or at least let him be a little more malleable.

"Could I ask you something first?" She asked. Kirigan stared at her for a moment, his eyes narrowing slightly but he didn't indicate no, "Would you be able to take Genya back from the Queen?" She asked. Well, it was more of a request. Kirigan stared at her for a moment longer before shaking his head slightly.

"I know when you are up to something. Now is not the time. You are lucky that I am in charge or Genya would be suffering a much worse fate," Kirigan said. His voice was composed and calm. How could he be so calm when discussing the possible death of one of his own? Of Genya of all of the Grisha.

"Is the Queen planning on hurting her?" Liliya asked. Kirigan said nothing and instead, stood up and walked over to the table. He poured himself a cup of tea before walking over and placing the cup down on his desk.

"I do not control what the Queen does," He replied simply. Liliya scoffed in response, glaring up at him before glancing at the tea. Assam tea. Why was he drinking Assam tea? He hated it more than anything.

"Genya does not deserve to be harmed. She was helping me sleep," Liliya said quickly. Kirigan sighed and then pushed the cup of tea towards her. Liliya stared at it before reluctantly taking a hold of it. The cup warming the cold tips of her fingers.

"She should not need to. Ivan can help you sleep if you are having trouble," Kirigan responded. His gaze not moving off her hands that were gripping the cup. She then placed the cup down, hiding her hands underneath the table. She didn't know what he was looking at but she didn't want him to keep looking.

"I don't want Ivan to help me," Liliya said as she looked at him. She had gone up against Kirigan multiple times, challenged him over and over again. It felt weird to be intimidated by him. Maybe it was the kiss they had shared or maybe she feared his judgement with Genya. They weren't together but Kirigan could think of a million scenarios.

"Than who do you want to help? Genya is loyal to the Queen and will not be seeing you until the Queen decides that she can visit the Little Palace again," Kirigan explained. Liliya grit her teeth. Genya was gone. This was exactly what Arina wanted. Surely Arina would have woke her up for dinner the previous night. Had it been intentional or had Arina been busy? Suddenly the possibilities felt endless.

"Nobody. The only thing holding me back is being stuck here at the Little Palace. I feel useless. I need to be tracking that boy," Liliya said as she stared back at him. Admiring those nearly coal black eyes. There was something so mesmerising about them.

"I cannot risk your foolish behaviour while tracking the Sun Summoner," He responded. Liliya scoffed and stood up from the table. She would not sit around and let him insult her. She had been everything he had wanted the past few days. She had tried to be the best she could despite her exhaustion and he still called her foolish.

"I have gone to the Healers whenever I have needed to. I trained with Botkin like you request. I train with Ivan every morning, Arina every afternoon. I study, I reread the books that I spent most of my childhood going through and yet I'm still foolish?" Liliya asked as she stared down at him from her stood position. Kirigan was mildly surprised by her outburst but he didn't show it. Instead, he stood up and walked around to her.

"Yet you still can't sleep and you were late to my meeting yesterday. Dishevelled, a crooked blouse and wet hair. You are not prepared," Kirigan said, his body moving to stand in front of hers. A few feet between them and now she had to glare up at him. She still hated their height difference. It was exhausting.

"I had to get dressed quickly because I was relaxing in the bath. I'm sorry I'm not perfect. I'm a Grisha, I understand I'm supposed to be but I can't always be. I'm exhausted. Arina had returned and Ivan had spent half our trainings berating me and irritating me. I was just trying to relax before I was reminded that I'm not doing what I'm good at! I'm your best tracker yet I'm sat behind palace walls like some prized trophy," Liliya ranted. Her words becoming more aggressive as she threw her hands out in irritation. Kirigan sighed and took a hold of her chin. Her eyes widened slightly, their faces inches apart as he watched her.

"I will consider sending you to assist Roma," He muttered. His other hand moving to rest against her hip. Her arms still resting at her sides, unsure what she was supposed to do. She didn't know why they were so close. She had been berating him and yet he still seemed to want her.

"Thank you," She mumbled, avoiding his gaze but she found herself looking at his lips. Her gaze constantly flicking to them despite herself. She couldn't give in to him. Not again, powerful men were dangerous and he was the most powerful man in the kingdom.

He then closed the gap between them. Liliya's eyes falling shut as she kissed him back. His lips were soft and his hand moved to cup Liliya's cheek. The other staying on her hip. Her hands then moved to his cheeks, pulling him down. His tongue sliding along her lower lip and she was quick to allow access. The soft kiss quickly turning heated as her hands moved into his hair. Both his hands on her hips, moving to her thighs and pulling her to sit against the desk.

"Liya," He muttered between the kisses. The redhead didn't hear him for a moment, lost in the haze of pleasure. Her movements stopping, pulling back and looking into his eyes. The adoration on his features made her heart melt and she had to stop herself from pulling him in again.

"Yes?" She asked softly. Her fingers moving to run through his scraggly beard. He leant into the touch slightly but kept his gaze on her eyes. The beautiful blue.

"Are you sure?" He asked. She nodded and pushed her fingers through his hair. His smirk widened and he moved his lips to press along her jaw. Hungry and desperate for every inch of her. A soft whine escaped her lips.

"Why now?" Liliya asked softly. The question seemed to catch Kirigan off-guard but it didn't put him off. His kisses continuing for a moment before he lifted his head.

"Because I might lose you," He muttered before he kissed her once again. His hands clutching her waist, pulling her flush against him. His words made her heart pound against her chest and butterflies erupt in her stomach. She didn't care if it was just to get her into bed with him. She didn't care if it was a trick. She just wanted him and that's what led them to his bedroom. Clothes stripped and bodies pressed against each other, basking in the morning and each other until one of them eventually had to leave.

***

author's note! is this too soon? quite possibly... but at the same time, the romance ain't the main plot and there's gonna be some stuff going down ANYWAY, they kinda... did it... kirigan always gets what he wants tho tbh and he's been waiting so it kinda makes sense that he just does it?? iDK, im also a whore for kirigan so... kinda my fault too, also GENYA CUDDLING LILIYA TO HELP HER SLEEP. thE CUTEST SHIT. i stan genya and liliya just completely, i love them smh, i hope you enjoyed and PLEASE EXCUSE THE FAST BURN, ITS JUST ROMANCE AINT THE MAIN PLOT AND KIRIGAN ALWAYS GETS WHAT HE WANTS AND QUICKLY, that's my excuse, idk but here we are! thank you for reading! (AND FOR 4K LIKE EXCUSE ME?? WE WERE ON 2K YESTERDAY?? y'all are fcking fabulous)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 12.3K 35
The Darkling 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 Kirigan loves to manipulate people for his own selfish reasons, more than fear he most likes to use seduct...
22K 535 19
Divergent storyline after Alina and Mal find the stag. Alina is captured by General Kirigan, but he doesn't kill the stag immediately. There is a sec...
3.8K 199 10
❝even the devil couldn't help falling for the angel❞ [Shadow and Bone][General Kirigan/Darkling] Emelyne Ivetta, the first Nature Grisha of her kind...
82.9K 1.7K 36
- Maira Costov had only ever known one life. A life where she was nothing more than a cartographer in the first army and second army. But what happen...