Lovers in 1978 | VKOOK HISTOR...

By liamkosmos

Set in the year 1978, 19-year-old Jeon Jeongguk, who is in the midst of forgetting his dream to become a well... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE: "i was enchanted to meet you"
CHAPTER ONE: "all roads, they lead me here"
CHAPTER TWO: "people throw rocks at things that shine"
CHAPTER THREE: "in a café, i watch it begin again"
CHAPTER FOUR: "what must it be like to grow up that beautiful?"
CHAPTER FIVE: "shining just for you"
CHAPTER SIX: "speak now"
CHAPTER SEVEN: "i just wanna be drinking on a beach with you"
CHAPTER EIGHT: "that's the way i loved you"
CHAPTER NINE: "all along there was some invisible string tying you to me"
VISUAL: "Tata Bear"
CHAPTER ELEVEN: "starry eyes sparkin' up my darkest nights"
CHAPTER TWELVE: "we were something, don't you think so?"
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: "after everything i must confess i need you"
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: "someday, i'll be big enough so you can't hit me"
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "this love is difficult, but it's real"
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: "in the cracks of light, i dreamed of you"
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: "with you, i'd dance in the storm"
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: "just keep on keeping your eyes on me"
CHAPTER NINETEEN: "wherever you stray, i follow"
CHAPTER TWENTY: "'i love you,' ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?"
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: "i think i've seen this film before"
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: "you weren't mine to lose"
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: "nothing good starts in a getaway car"
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: "magic in the air? it must've been the way you kiss me"
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: "don't want no other shade of blue but you"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: "what a rainy ending given to a perfect day"
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: "i don't wanna need you this way"
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: "what am i supposed to do if there's no you?"
Author's Note
Cassette Tape | VKOOK FANFICTION

CHAPTER TEN: "this slope is treacherous, i like it"

494 52 6
By liamkosmos

♬ You put the light in my life
Oh, you put the spark to the flame ♬

"Don't Go Breaking My Heart," Elton John

5th of July 1978
Maple University

The students started gathering infront the huge gate of the university, waiting to receive the instructions from their advisers and professors that will be with them in the camping trip. It was the third day of student's retreat and this time, it will be happening in the woods. Tents as their accomodations and raw foods that they themselves will be the one to take care of using limited items such as gas, firewood, and lighters.

The days before the student's promenade are getting shorter and Jeongguk still doesn't know if he's going to attend or not. That was the thing that ran through his head except the fact that Taehyung isn't still around and they will have to go ride the omnibus auto-car soon and head to the camping site.

Everyone around him doesn't recognize him. He's starting to get uncomfortable without the presence of someone he knew. He didn't sign up for this. Only he was convinced because of Taehyung.

He released a huge amount of air of relief when someone called for his name. He was suprised to see another face of a person. Someone he had met before. "You are Jeongguk, right? Do you remember me? I act with Taehyung in different matinees here in France. I am-"

"Jimin, I know! It's good to see you again. Finally, someone approached me," he whispered to himself the last part of his sentence. It was really a breath of reassurance. Jeongguk then slowly noticed what Jimin was wearing. He wore a cotton viscose jacket tucked in his washed denim pants, secured by his leather belt. He was wearing interlocking loafer shoes too.

"That's great! By the way, V is coming so do not worry. You know how he's late when it comes to meetings or events," Jimin started the conversation since he knew how Jeongguk was a shy boy. Taehyung talked about him so much that even his friends knew Jeongguk's character and details. Jeongguk nodded to that and stared at his wristwatch, the one that Taehyung gave to him.

Taehyung didn't have any accesory to give to Jeongguk except that wristwatch that his nanny had given him. Jeongguk really took extra care of it because he knew that the thing has a sentimental value to Taehyung. The older was willing to give that to symbolize his love, which in fact makes Jeongguk flatter so much.

A few moments later, Namjoon and Yoongi had arrived with someone named Seokjin and Hoseok which Jimin recalls he doesn't recognize or hadn't met before. They were probably Namjoon's or Yoongi's friends. "Hi. Mind introducing us to your friends?" Jimin asked the both of the newcomers and suddenly Namjoon became nervous whilst Yoongi remained the same.

"If you will introduce us who's this lad with you, then we will introduce you our company," Yoongi said and smirked afterwards, obviously hinting that he was jealous that someone was actually with Jimin, his favorite . . . friend.

"Oh, this is Jeongguk. V's you-know-what," Jimin introduced and Jeongguk was flustered at how Jimin introduced him but he lifted his head to face them. Yoongi's face became un-distressed after that and even offered a hand to Jeongguk.

"I am Min Yoongi, Taehyung's friend. Nice to meet 'ya bro," he said and showed his gummy smile at him. Jeongguk accepted Yoongi's hand.

"Hey, I'm Namjoon and this is Seokjin . . . my other friend and this is Hoseok," the other boy with dimples, that made him look more handsome when he smiles, introduced and they both exchanged handshakes.

"It's nice to meet Taehyung's friends. I hope we could get along well too," Jeongguk said with his shied face, until he heard Seokjin chuckle.

"His friend he says," he mumbled and Namjoon look his way but then Seokjin decided to just laugh it off.

"And I'm Kim Taehyung, the most handsome man you've met," said the guy who just arrived and walked towards them. He was wearing a brown beret and brown vest covering the front of his white t-shirt and black pants. He looked neat and handsome, that's the first words that came inside Jeongguk's head when he saw him.

"I agree to that bro. I'm Seokjin and I am world wide handsome. I knew we would get along well," the other boy said and chuckled afterwards. They shook hands and they smiled at each other. Everyone was getting along well. They tried to start a conversation but it got cut off when they all heard a whistle.

"Since everyone is around, the omnibuses had arrived and we have to go now. Don't forget to pick up your things. Mind your way," said the professor in-charge and students started going inside their very own vehicle. Good thing all the boys are on the same bus number that's why they all sat at the end part.

They were all noisy and talking and blabbering that Jeongguk felt so much uncomfortable. "I knew you'd feel that way that's why I bought you this. You're okay, alright?" Taehyung handed him the earmuffs. That made Jeongguk look happy. They were seating next to each other, Jeongguk in the window seat because he told Taehyung so. He wanted to see the view while the transportation was on-going.

Taehyung sat properly when they all heard the engine starting. Jeongguk stared outside until the bus was out of the school grounds. He stared at Taehyung when he heard him yawning. "Are you sleepy?" Jeongguk asked.

"Yeah, probably because I slept a little because of excitement," Taehyung said. Jeongguk was shy to tell Taehyung to lean on his shoulder but he managed to do so. Taehyung can't help to show his boxy smile at Jeongguk as he ruffled his hair. He followed what the younger suggested and started dozing off when he leaned on Jeongguk's shoulder.

All buses stopped in a particular place. Students asleep started waking up including Jeongguk who didn't notice he was leaning his head on Taehyung too. "Hey, Tae. Wake up," Jeongguk whispered and tapped Taehyung's cheek lightly.

"Did we arrive?" Taehyung asked. Jeongguk chuckled a little to see Taehyung's messy hair and he started fixing it using his hands.

"Not yet, students, we haven't arrived yet. This is a stopover. Those who wish to pee, public restrooms are available right there," The professor pointed in that direction and then students started standing to go out of the vehicle.

"Aren't you going?" Jimin asked Yoongi and then the other just nodded. They stood and started walking together with Namjoon. Hoseok and Seokjin said they aren't feeling it right now. They all waited until the first batch were done. When it's their turn, they all went inside to pee.

A few moments later, the students started filling the buses again. The other buses started going since they are already complete. Jeongguk and Taehyung's omnibus was the last one to go. They all went to doze a little before they arrived.

Rustling noises were heard when they finally entered the woods. Jeongguk woke up and stared again outside to see the scenery. Gold was the color of the leaves because Autumn season is approaching. Jeongguk was so relieved to have the chance to see the outside world for once. He knew he will not regret this decision. When they finally stopped, that was the sign they had finally arrived.

They still had to walk their way to the campsite. The pathway to the exact location they were heading to was a little slanted and rocky that's why it took them a while before they finally reached the flat ground. Taehyung assisted Jeongguk on the way even after the younger insisted he was alright. People are also staring and watching which is why Jeongguk was a little concerned.

"Good afternoon, lads and maidens. We have finally arrived to our campsite. Before we start unpacking and building our tents, let us first have the introductions. Mr. Alarie, you may start," announced the teacher with blonde hair once everyone settled down. Mr. Alarie walked towards the direction of the rock where the other teacher stood.

He unribboned the poster he was holding and showed it to the students. "Hi! We will have different activities as the days pass by but for now, let us prioritize first our accomodations and the different materials we need. After y'all set your tents, we need to gather some sticks and woods for our campfire. Remember to only pick up woods that are already on the ground. Strictly do not break the smaller stems of the trees. Gather all your rubbish in one place and avoid littering. Do you all understand?" Mr. Alarie said as he pointed on his poster. They all responded yes to that.

The teachers started discussing about the activities whilst the students built their own tents. Jeongguk brought a smaller tent which was only limited to only two persons and the others were building their huge tents which were meant for three to five students.

"Tae . . ." he trailed. Taehyung immediately stopped talking to the person he was having a conversation with to look at Jeongguk's way. The older's pupil dilated while staring at the younger. His shoulders became at ease and he can't help to show his smile at him.

"Yeah? Do you need help?" he asked. Jeongguk nodded as a response. Taehyung left his last words at them and then proceeded to help Jeongguk. They started placing out the parts of the tents and attaching the poles to the ground as a support. When Jeongguk was examining the inside the tent while his lower body was outside, Taehyung had a naughty thought for a second and slapped Jeongguk's butt to make fun of him.

"Taehyung!" Jeongguk yelled suprisingly and then the older just laughed at him. When everything was all set, they started stuffing the foams inside the tent and putting their bags inside.

"With whom are you going to live with?" Taehyung asked, hoping to hear a nice and clear answer from Jeongguk.

"Do you really need to ask that? Of course, you two will sleep together. You're the only one who Jeongguk knew here except for us," Jimin teased the both of them when he happened to pass by Jeongguk's tent. The younger started feeling shy and mushy at them.

"You want me to sleep here with you, Gguks?" Taehyung asked him. The younger didn't respond to that as he thought Taehyung was just teasing him. "I'm dead serious here!" Taehyung added when Jeongguk slapped his shoulders, pushing him a little as a reminder to get his act together.

"Okay," Jeongguk replied shortly.

"Now stop being lovey dovey and let us proceed to the woods to get firewood," Jimin said to them after he chuckled. Taehyung went out first reminding Jeongguk to follow. The younger felt a little turn in his stomach as he followed the two other boys on their way to the woods.

Later that day, before sunset, everyone finally came back from the woods and piled their sticks and firewoods in one place. As usual, Taehyung was being sweet to Jeongguk and let out a handkerchief to wipe his hands. Jeongguk shyly bowed his head to avoid Taehyung's eye contact. He knew he's going to melt if he remained looking at the older's eyes full of stars.

"I remember you wearing the wristwatch I gave you today. Did you take it off before we left to look for firewood?" Taehyung inquired. Jeongguk then realized the watch was gone. He tried looking for it on his things but he remember clearly that he was wearing it all day.

"Is there something wrong?" The older asked as he stared at the bothered younger.

"Tae . . . I think I lost your wristwatch in the woods," Jeongguk said. His heartbeats started doubling. He doesn't know how will the other gonna react to that. The thing holds a sentimental value, it held the memories of his grandmother during the days she was still alive. Jeongguk promised to take care of it, but then, he had lost it.

"It's alright . . . Ggukie. I'll just . . . go and get some water. I was tired walking," Taehyung said and chuckled a little to hide his disappointment. Before Jeongguk could respond to that, Taehyung turned his back already, leaving Jeongguk standing there while he stared at the older walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 26.8K 71
When fate decides to connect two souls,who's totally difference in characteristics and life style... Kim Seokjin, who grew up in a middle class but s...
7.6K 539 38
𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘎𝘈𝘝𝘌𝘙𝘚𝘌 Even someone as cold as Yoongi couldn't help but adore the boy stood in front of him. Side ships ; taekook Started ; sometime 2...
244K 8.6K 101
Kim Taehyung, CEO and owner of The Kim Enterprises, also the father of a two year old boy finally crossed paths with someone he has always been in lo...
3.3K 302 33
"Watch your tongue when you talk to my husband" - a single sentence that echoes through the realms of duty, love, and power, leaving an indelible mar...