My Protector

By seattleghostwriter

With both of his hands to either side of me, he leaned closer, less than an inch away from my ear. I felt him... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Interview Day
Chapter 2: Her
Chapter 3: Organized Chaos
Chapter 4: Again
Chapter 5: Cold
Chapter 6: Marty's
Chapter 7: No Deal
Chapter 8: Tease
Chapter 9: Pink Moon
Chapter 10: Mr. CEO
Chapter 11: Bryce
Chapter 12: Sir
Chapter 13: Surprise
Chapter 14: Freedom
Chapter 15: Wake up
Chapter 16: Secrets
Chapter 17: Unknown Number
Chapter 18: The Big Apple
Chapter 19: His File
Chapter 20: Elevator Games
Chapter 21: Scallops
Chapter 22: His
Chapter 23: Spoiled
Chapter 24: Red Eye
Chapter 25: Miles High
Chapter 26: Steam
Chapter 27: See you soon, or not.
Chapter 28: Missing
Chapter 29: Lost
Chapter 30: ...and Found
Chapter 31: Into the light
Chapter 32: Eight letters
Chapter 33: Don't give up
Chapter 34: Free Bird
Chapter 35: Resentment
Chapter 37: Caught in the Act
Chapter 38: Truth
Chapter 39: Disgust
Chapter 40: DESTINation
Chapter 41: Testing
Chapter 42: Not so beach fun
Chapter 43: Punishment pt. 1
Chapter 44: Punishment pt. 2
Chapter 45: Family Matters
Chapter 46: Not your Girlfriend
Chapter 47: Meet me at the Rock
Chapter 48: Be Mine
Chapter 49: Paparazzi
Chapter 50: Denied
Chapter 51: Slut
Chapter 52: Meet the East's
Chapter 53: Sicily
Chapter 54: Locked up
Chapter 55: Red Stitching
Chapter 56: Blues and Clues
Chapter 57: He's gone
Chapter 58: Under the Table
Chapter 59: Unfinished Business
Chapter 60: Off to Chicago
Chapter 61: Operation Make Loren Smile
Chapter 62: Cabin in the Woods
Chapter 63: Meet Me at My Office
Chapter 64: Revisiting Destin
Chapter 65: Make Up Sex
Chapter 66: Domino's
Chapter 67: Nightmare
Chapter 68: Contaminated
Chapter 69: Devilish
Chapter 70: Vivian
Chapter 71: Betrayal
Chapter 72: All You
Chapter 73: The Season
Chapter 74: The Park
Chapter 75: Old Rival
Chapter 76: Wesley
Chapter 77: Come Home
Chapter 78: Say my Name
Chapter 79: Accepted
My Protector: His Angel

Chapter 36: A gift

8.6K 197 27
By seattleghostwriter

Killian's POV

I opened the passenger door of my new Audi and slid my arms under Loren who was wiped out from our day of shopping. George retrieved the numerous shopping bags from the back seat and we made our way to the elevator. 

After laying Loren down on the couch, I started the fire place and made my way into the kitchen where the ingredients George had just bought were laid out. 

I quickly grabbed a cutting board and my chef's knife and started to slice the vegetables. As the onions and garlic sauteed in butter, I washed some clams. Soon enough the aroma of the variety of spices mingling with the vegetables wafted into my nose. I added the finishing touch of heavy cream into my chowder and decreased the heat, letting the soup simmer. 

I carefully carved two sourdough rolls that George had baked earlier into bowls and rubbed butter along its inside before placing them in the oven. 

In the wine room I picked out a nice chardonnay to pair with the chowder. I carefully poured the soup into the bowls and carried them into the living room where Loren was. The clouds had disappeared in time for the sun to set. I returned to the kitchen to retrieve the wine and glasses as Loren stirred in her sleep. She rubbed her eyes, clearly in the post sleep drunk.

"What time is it?" She groaned

"Eight" I responded as she sat up on the couch. I grabbed the TV remote and flipped through the channels. I handed her the remote so that she could choose what the watch as I grabbed a blanket. She settled on a new movie with Jennifer Aniston. I poured the Chardonnay into our glasses as she crossed her legs and wrapped herself in the blanket. 

I handed her the bowl of chowder and watched as she took her first bite. Her eyes widened as the flavors dissolved over her taste buds. 

"Good?" I asked and smiled

Some of her chocolate brown hair fell to her face as she eagerly nodded and took another spoonful.

"Try the bread, it's George's specialty" I suggested and she followed. A big smile grew on her face as she chewed the fluffy and buttery bread. 

"Compliments to the baker!" she gleamed.

"What about the chef??" I joked

"Eh" she shrugged her shoulders and took a sip of her wine. Her delicious lips curled upwards as she struggled to hide her beautiful smile behind the glass. 

We finished our dinner and by the middle of the movie Loren had fallen asleep, her head resting on my lap. My fingers intertwined in her hair, gently massaging her head as I watched her chest gently rise and fall. Her face displayed a peaceful and calm demeanor and I intended to keep it that way. This girl deserved nothing but a stress free life. One day we would get there. 

A short buzz in my pocket pulled my attention from her and I pulled out my phone. A text from Matteo flashed on my screen and my heart stopped as I read its contents. 

We got him.

Loren's POV

I sipped on my tea as I stared out the window as the sun slowly started to rise in the distance. It had been three days since Killian suddenly left on a business trip to London the morning after our shopping trip. I looked over at the bags I hadn't touched since he left and sighed. 

I exited the bedroom and walked down the hall, hoping not to run into anybody. Just because he left the country didn't mean that he wasn't still obsessed with keeping me safe. A guard stood at the elevator doors 24/7 and he had even asked Adam to stay here.

A door opened behind me and I turned to see Adam stepping out of his room. He was already ready for work, wearing a fitted black suit similar to Killian's. 

"Hey Ren" He smiled once he saw me.

"Morning Dam" I responded. Killian hated the nickname Adam had gifted me but he still insisted on using it, mainly to piss Killian off. 

"You hungry? I'm sure I can whip something up before I head in" He offered and browsed the contents of the fridge. 

"I'm okay, i'm not hungry yet." I responded and thanked him. Silence filled the kitchen for a few seconds until I broke it again. "So why was it just him who went to London? Why didn't you go with him? Or why didn't you just go instead since he's been so focussed on...my situation"

Adam paused and shrugged his broad shoulders. "We needed somebody else to stay and keep an eye on things here and Killian knows our partners in London better so it only made sense for him to go. Why?" He continued to rummage through the fridge, eventually bringing out a Red Bull that was pushed all the way in the back. 

"Just curious, I just haven't heard from him much so I don't know..." I responded not sure where I even wanted the conversation to go. I guess part of me was concerned that he may have returned to London because of what had happened to me. 

I shrugged off the negative thoughts and looked up at Adam who had just finished chugging the Red Bull. "If it makes you feel better, I haven't heard much from him either. Our partners there are very..." he paused "difficult. He's probably just preoccupied with that". He squeezed my shoulder as he walked out of the kitchen and towards the elevator doors, not even bothering to eat any actual food. He needs a girlfriend.  

I pulled out my phone and typed out a short text to Killian.

Thinking about you.. missing you.. hurry home pls. xx

Butterflies filled my stomach, it felt like I had just told my high school crush that I liked him. I quickly placed my phone down on the counter, making sure to set it with the face down.  I walked over to the fridge and pulled out some ingredients for a breakfast burrito. 

***

The rest of the day was boring, as usual. After a few hours of anxiously checking my phone for a response from Killian, I gave up. I decided to take my mind off of things by walking on the treadmill and catching up on some episodes of Gossip Girl. 

Once I got in the shower I decided that today would be my self care day. I tied my hair into a bun after coating the strands in conditioner and exfoliated and shaved my body, preparing it for a fake tan. 

After coating myself in the tanning solution, I put on my black silk robe and walked out into the bedroom. On the coffee table in front of the fireplace was a large crystal vase overflowing with nothing but my favorites; pink roses and white hydrangeas. I walked over to the vase and opened the card sticking out from the flowers. 

Missing you too Doll. 

Enjoy my gift. Think about me some more while you use it. 

-K

Behind the flowers was a small black box wrapped with red ribbon. I took a seat and the cold leather met the backs of my thighs. Carefully unwrapping the ribbon, I peeled away the black wrapping paper of the box which revealed a plain cardboard box. I lifted the top and inside laid a small pink object. I picked it up and it fit perfectly in the palm of my hands. On one end was a quarter sized hole and beside it was a small power button. I pressed the button and the object instantly started to vibrate and air pulsated out of the hole. 

OH MY GOD. It finally clicked in my head. Killian had sent me a.... sex toy???

I quickly pressed the power button again after realizing what was in my hands and looked around making sure nobody else was in here. Blood rushed to my cheeks from embarrassment. 

I had never used one of these. I smacked my forehead with my palm for not even realizing what I had in my hands. I placed the toy beside me on the couch and picked up the plain box that it had come in. 

Under the tissue paper was a small card with different flowers and the word FLORI written out in large letters. On the back of the card were "instructions" on how to use the product. I put the card and the toy back into the box and placed it back on the table where I first got it. 

"I'll just pretend that's not there" I mumbled to myself as I got up from the couch, unsticking my thighs from the leather. Walking out into the hall, I again, hoped that I wouldn't run into anybody. I was wearing a silk robe after all. 

I walked over to the piano where I sat and played some of my favorite songs. My fingers moved gracefully and methodically over the keys, only missing a few notes here and there. These songs had become ingrained into my brain for as long as I could remember. I closed my eyes as my body swayed to the music, every not touching my soul in a different way. 

Before I knew it, the time had passed to midnight. I rested my elbows on the piano as I gazed out of the window. The city lights twinkled in the clear night. Muted fog horns blared in the distance occasionally disrupting the noisy silence of the city. 

I rested my hands against my folded hands and closed my eyes, counting down until the next fog horn. I took a deep breath in and was instantly greeted with a comforting smell. I took another deep breath and the smell became much stronger. Killian's cologne. 

My eyes slowly open and wandered around the room until it landed on a dark figure sitting on the couch just in front of the piano. I shot up from the bench sending it backwards and myself to the floor as a yelp escaped my mouth. I scrambled to my feet as the figure also shot up to his feet, facing me. 

"oh my god" I breathed out as the light fell onto Killian's face, revealing his identity. I grabbed my chest and felt my heart beating a hundred miles per hour in its place and watched as he walked over to me, pulling me into his arms. "you scared me" I whispered. 

"I could say the same to you" He chuckled and squeezed me tighter.

"How long were you sitting there?!" I exclaimed

"Mmm, about an hour or so, I didn't want to interrupt you so I just sat and listened... and fell asleep I guess". He released me and looked down at me, a small on his face. Large bags fell under his dark eyes. His blue dress shirt was worn and wrinkled with the sleeves rolled up his forearms. 

"I didn't even hear you come in" I mumbled. 

"You didn't hear or notice a lot of things" he chuckled "besides, what are you doing wearing this around? You know I have more security in here as well as Adam and other staff" he looked down at my robe. Hunger filled his eyes but his face was not emotionless. 

"I put on self tanner" I explained as I pushed in the piano bench and he just nodded in response.

 The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as he came up behind me and nuzzled his face just below my ear.  A small breath that smelt of whiskey escaped his lips before he muttered something into my ear. 

"Did you get my present?" he repeated, gently nibbling on the lobe of my ear. Blood rushed to my face as I remembered what he had sent me.

"N-no" I mumbled.

"You didn't?" He whispered, nibbling harder, sending chills down my spine. 

"I didn't" I repeated back to him as I stabilized myself against the piano and shut my eyes. 

Killian pulled away and spun me around to face him, pinning me between the piano and his hard chest. His left hand rested on the piano and his right hand came up to cradle my cheek. His thumb slowly ran back and forth along my cheekbone, eventually making its way down to my bottom lip, pulling it down and letting it bounce back to place. 

"That's funny because I clearly remember watching you open it during my flight back". A smirk grew on his face as he watched my face. 

A pit formed into my stomach as I remembered that Killian had cameras placed all over the apartment when we first returned from London. They were so well hidden that even I forgot about them. My mouth opened to respond but no words escaped. 

"But unfortunately I didn't get to watch you enjoy it like I asked" The smirk fell from his face and his eyes wandered down to my body, barely covered by black fabric. Chills spread throughout me as I felt him looking at me. My nipples hardened, pushing through the thin silk, catching his attention. He slowly bit his lip as he eyes landed on my breasts. 

"I- I- I-" I stuttered as I again, struggled to find my words. 

"I'll just have to watch in person then" His hand tugged at the silk ribbon that held the robe closed and instantly exposed my naked body. In seconds his mouth was on mine, filling it with the lingering  taste of whiskey. He wrapped an arm around me pulling my body closed to his as his hand grasped one of my breasts, pinching my nipple in the process. Electricity shot through my body as I moaned into his mouth. 

He brought his other arm to my back and picked me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist. His hold tightened as he started to walk towards the stairs, the clicks of his shoes echoing against the empty walls. I opened my eyes as we walked past the couch and glanced down at his phone which was lit up on the coffee table, an incoming call on it. 

***

Agh hello hello it's me again. Sorry my postings are soooo inconsistent. Life is just so.... busy.  So like, what do we think about Killian's present to Loren?? Kinda weird? Kinda funny? Kinda sexy?? Also his little trip to London was a little unexpected. Do we think that trip only entailed business? Or something more?? Honestly idek what to think, i'm still just writing this story as I go hahahahah yikes.

But anyways I am so excited that our reads are up so much! hello to all of my new readers and also hello to the ones who have been here since the beginning. :) As always, I appreciate your comments and votes!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 5K 26
"Please, fuck me, please!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Only because you look so pretty when you beg." He pushed my face to the cement f...
393K 12.2K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
410K 7.8K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...
71.2K 1.4K 21
The Mafia Boss and the Billionaire. After the murder of her parents, Blisse Neves searches the world for the ones responsible, all while keeping the...