The Boss's Assistant

By Believe_Mahone

Mia Marie Claire begins to work for a high level company with a boss who's strict and harsh, but knows how to... More

Prologue
Mr. Mahone
Undecided
You Can't Tell
Caught Up
Exams
Me & You
White Lies
Broken Then Fixed
Protecting You
Contact
Broken Inside
We Need To Talk
Boy or Girl?
Shopping vs. Drama
Time & Breakups
New vs. Old
Her Parents
Jealousy
Mine
Inseparable
Change
Honest
When He Finds Out
Only You
Stolen
Too Deep
Losing You
I Don't Like Her
Control
Volume
Prove It
Together
Babies
Campus
Problems
The Worst
Next To You
All I Ever Need
Bed Rest
Pain
Miracle
Explain
Big Steps
New Beginnings: Part 1
New Beginnings: Part 2
New Beginnings: Part 3
There Will Be Rain
Custody: Part 1
Custody: Part 2
Gone
No Escape
Not Involved
Style
Dirty Work
Outside of the Box
Manners
Hospital Hours
Limits
"The Bad Man"
Tension Rising
Not Without You
Your Choice
Deceitful
Underestimated
Truth
Who's Wrong?
Tough Love: Part 1
Tough Love: Part 2
Tough Love: Part 3
While You're Away: Part 1
While You're Away: Part 2
Bleed
My Baby
He's Hurt
Things Take Time
It's Not Me, It's You
Visits and Advice
Not An Update
Strength From Pain: Part 1
Strength From Pain: Part 2
Strength from Pain: Part 3
Sacrifice: Part 1
Sacrifice: Part 2
Baby Steps
Love and Care
Come and Go: Part 1
Come and Go: Part 2
Close
Happy Birthday?
One Step Forward
Two Steps Back
There's a Reason
There's Always a Reason
Show You Care: Part 1
Show You Care: Part 2
Regret

Baby On Board!

4.3K 129 26
By Believe_Mahone

(Austin's POV)

We've been in the hospital room for nearly eight hours and I'm growing impatient. To add onto that I'm very tired, because it's 3:35am and we've been here since 9:30pm. 

Mia's currently in labor and she's seven centimeters dilated. They said they want her to be at least nine centimeters before they want her to start pushing. So currently that's what we're waiting for.

I'm seated next to the bed in the chair on my phone. My right hand grasping hers and my left hand holding my phone. Every few seconds she'll squeeze my hand in response to the pain and my hand has gone numb twice.

I'm staring at my phone screen reading what some of my followers on Twitter tweeted me. I saw Mia shift in the bed a few times and I put my phone away, turning to her.

"Baby, you okay?" I asked rubbing my thumb over the back of her hand and she shook her head.

"It hurts" she groused.

"I know just hang in there, okay?" I spoke softly and she gave me an unreadable look in return.

I sat there quietly before I got up and went over to the other side of the bed. Softly I placed my hands on her back and massaged slowly as she began to giggle.

"Does this help?" I asked curiously with a smile.

"Yes" she answered as her phone dinged notifying her that she had a message. Reaching over, she grabbed her phone from out of her purse.

Hannah: Robert broke up with me :(

Mia: What? Why?

Hannah: He said that I was being too clingy and that I didn't give him any time to breathe.

Mia: Well, why have you been so "clingy" lately?

Hannah: Because four months ago Ashton threatened me. He told me to break up with him and I didn't want to. He said he would kill me if I didnt do it. I was trying to tell Robert about that today, but as soon as I mentioned his name he yelled at me. He then pointed out how I always talk about Ashton. So long story short, I lost my boyfriend.

Mia: For starters you shouldn't have waited four months.

Mia: But, I'm in labor so I'm not going to discuss this right now.

Mia: Just come to the hospital, Robert's here.

Hannah: You're in labor!? Why didn't he tell me? Why didn't you tell me? I see how you feel.

Mia: Hannah my whole entire body hurts! Do you think I give a fuck about that right now, just get your ass over here.

Hannah: Geez, okay I'm coming.

Mia: Good and when you get here explain what you told me to Robert.

Hannah: He won't listen.

Mia: Make him listen.

Hannah: Okay.

"Give me the phone" I spoke taking it from her hands.

"What are you doing?" she questioned.

"This is why you're so stressed, leave the phone alone for a little while" I voiced putting it in my pocket with mine.

"Fine, but keep massaging my back" she demanded and I laughed.

"Okay baby"

She turned her head, looking over her shoulder at me. I began to giggle and so did she.

I continued to rub her back for another thirty minutes or so before she groaned into the pillow pushing my hands away.

I strolled over to the other side of the bed and sat down. I caressed her cheek and she placed her hand over mine.

"Can I just push already?" she quickly asked the nurse when she came into the room.

The nurse checked to see how many centimeters dilated she was. Reading what it said and then she turned to us.

"We can start prepping for the delivery, but you can't start pushing for at least another thirty minutes" the nurse clarified.

"Alright, thank you" I said politely and she gave us a sincere smile before exiting the room.

"Austin I can't do this" she spoke and I returned my attention to her.

"Yes you can. I know you can" I assured her and the tears formed in her eyes.

"I can't deal with this pain" she admitted.

"Yes you can, you're a strong girl. I know you can bare it" I said kissing her then wiping her tears away.

After waiting for what seemed like forever, the nurses returned and began to prepare everything for the delivery. Two nurses came into the room along with Dr. Flynn.

The nurses got everything ready and they sauntered over to Mia. They positioned her on the bed and separated her legs apart.

Mia grabbed my hand and I entwined my fingers with hers, placing my other hand over the top.

"Mia" Dr. Flynn spoke completely capturing her attention.

"Yes?" she responded shakily.

"Are you ready to meet your baby boy?" he questioned and I turned to her awaiting the answer as well.

"Yes" she cried.

I know she was only like this because she was nervous and uneasy. I gave her hand a light squeeze and ran the back of my fingers across her cheek mouthing the words It's okay to her.

She slowly nodded staring at me before glancing back at Dr. Flynn. He reached over and grabbed a pair of latex gloves.

He pulled them onto his hands and had a brief conversation with one of the nurses. Subsequently he looked up and met Mia's gaze.

"Mia, you can breath, you know" he apprised her and we all let out a short laugh.

"I'm just nervous" she said watching him anxiously.

"It's okay to be nervous, but you're doing better than most of my patients" he responded and she nodded.

"Is it going to hurt?" she asked and he glanced up, making direct eye contact with her.

"Yes it will hurt" he spoke openly and she frowned "I believe you can handle it"

"Okay" she mumbled and he pushed her thighs apart just a little more "Austin" Mia whispered.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Are you going to cut the umbilical cord?" she asked.

"Do you want me to?" I asked and she nodded "Alright" I agreed.

"Okay Mia, I need a big push, okay?" Dr. Flynn said to her.

"Okay" she concurred.

She tightened her hand around mine, leaning forward pushing as hard as she could. His attention focused on one thing as she continously pushed.

Then suddenly she stopped and breathed in and out heavily. I stood up next to her and talked her through it.

"Mia, baby, you can't stop right now" I said and she shook her head "I know it's a lot, but you're almost there"

"I need you to push" Dr. Flynn repeated.

I cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears away and she pressed her forehead against mine pushing once again.

"Breathe" Dr. Flynn directed, allowing her to take a break from pushing. She started to groan and grunt loudly. I kissed her cheek looking down to see the baby's head.

"You're so close baby" I told her and she screamed into my chest from the pain.

"Oh my god, get it out already!" she yelled out of frustration and we chuckled in response.

**

Seconds later all I could hear was the baby crying. They lifted and placed him onto Mia's abdomen directly after.

She locked eyes with him for the first time and covered her mouth. Glancing up at me, I smiled at her. She returned her attention to Carter and he was staring up at her.

The nurses came over and wiped him off completely. After that they cleaned out his nose and did everything else they had to do. They clamped the umbilical cord and brought me over telling me where to cut it. I cut the cord and came back over to Mia.

They covered him up putting the blue cap over his head to keep him warm. Then they lifted and placed him in Mia's arms. I went over and sat next to her looking down at my son, our son.

I rubbed his cheek with the back of my index finger and he reached up wrapping his tiny hand around my finger.

Mia smiled over at me before she kissed his forehead. He looked up at her after she did that and then over at me before his eyes slowly began to close.

"Somebody's sleepy" I whispered and Mia giggled as she gently rubbed his back.

"I can't believe he's finally here" she said to me.

"Neither can I" I said to her.

*An Hour Later*

"Do you want guests?" the nurse asked peeping in from the door.

"Do you?" I asked Mia and she glanced up from the baby, nodding quickly.

Mia handed the baby over to me and I gently took him into my arms staring down at him. He squirmed a little when I first got him, but I still couldn't stop staring at him.

I leaned down and gently kissed his forehead just like she did. Mia smiled at me before she turned over on her side to face me completely. He started to drool so I took the side of the blanket and dabbed the corners of his mouth.

After another minute or so there was a knock at the door. I turned around to see my mom, the boys, and Hannah slowly walking in. I stood up carefully with the baby in my arms and ambled over to them.

"Guys I want you to meet Carter" I spoke quietly and they all circled around me in awe.

"Oh sweetheart" my mom spoke covering her mouth with both of her hands.

"He's adorable" Alex commented.

"How much you wanna bet he'll look like Austin?" Zach questioned and we all laughed.

"He's too cute" Robert said.

"Awwe" Hannah squealed looking down at him in my arms before she ran over to Mia.

"Can I hold him?" my mom asked and I nodded gently lying him in her arms.

Carter made a light noise and squirmed slightly once again. My mom had tears in her eyes and I just smiled before I reached up wiping them away.

She held him for about five minutes and then he started to wake up. She came over and handed him back to me.

I then handed him back to Mia and she smiled looking down at him only to see him looking up at her.

"Hi" Mia said smilingly to him.

"Mmha." he made a random sound and we smiled looking down at him.

*A Few Hours Later*

(Hannah's POV)

"Robert." I said jogging down the hallway to him and he turned around to face me.

"Yeah." he spoke dryly, looking slightly annoyed with me.

"Can we talk?" I asked hopefully and he sighed.

"Why not." he said gesturing to the seats outside of Austin and Mia's hospital room. We took a seat and I turned to him "So what did you want to talk about?" he asked.

"I wanted to tell you why I've been so clingy lately." I answered.

"Okay."

"Ashton-" he cut me off.

"Hannah, I tol-"

"Shut up and listen to me!" I shouted angrily and he gaped over at me before he quickly shut his mouth.

"Now, as I was saying. Ashton threatened me in the bathroom stall that day I went with Mia and Austin to go shopping for the baby. He demanded that I break up with you and I said no. He told me if he can't have me then nobody will. That if I didn't break up with you he would kill me. I would have just denied him and walked off, but he had a knife to my throat the entire time" I said before inhaling sharply "I've been clingy, because I knew he would hurt me since I didn't break up with you and I didn't want to be alone knowing what he might do."

"I can't believe you right now." he said looking down at his hands.

"I told you the truth, so what's your problem?" I questioned.

"My problem isn't the fucking point, you kept that from me all this time. He could've done anything to you and I wouldn't have known a damn thing about it." he said angrily.

"Yes, because I knew if I told you he would hurt me." I said honestly.

"That's the point of why you should have told me, so I can protect you from him, but no, you decide to give me the false impression that you're entirely too clingy." he said "You waited four months to tell me this. Four months Hannah!"

"I'm sorry." I breathed "You know now though." I said trying to ease the situation.

"It doesn't matter that I know now. I can't trust you." he said and I instantly felt hurt by his words.

"You can trust me" I said.

"Trust you to what? Keep things away from me for months on end?" he questioned in a serious tone.

"Robert, I didn't know how to tell you."

"You should have found a way to tell me, because this is ridiculous." he uttered and I walked up to him.

"Do you still love me?" I asked and he stared down at me quizzically "Do you?"

"Yes." he breathed.

"Then forgive me." I said.

"I forgive you" he said "But we still need a break." 

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I need time to think" he said.

"About what?" I asked.

"About this, about us" he said frustratedly.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"I don't know, but one thing you can do is not keep anything from me again." he said.

"Okay." I said wrapping my arms around him. He slowly circled his arms me and hugged me back.

*A Week Later*

(Austin's POV)

"Babe" I called out going into the kitchen.

"Yeah?" she responded turning to face me.

"Do you want any help?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You have the baby in your arms" she said and I shrugged.

"I have one free hand" I said and she chuckled walking over to me.

"Hi Carter" she said cheerfully to him and he giggled.

"Let's switch. I'll clean and you watch the baby for a little while" I said and she nodded taking the baby from my hands.

"Come here" she said kissing his cheeks as a huge smile appeared on his face when he looked at her.

"Somebody's very happy" I said wiping the island counter down.

"Goola" Carter said and we both laughed.

"What's goola Carter?" she asked and he just stuck his fingers in his mouth "Uh uh, don't put your fingers in your mouth" she said pulling his tiny hands away.

"So Robert's really upset" I added.

"What for?" she asked.

"Because she kept something like that from him for four months" I said.

"He can't be mad at her for that" she said.

"Yes he can" I said.

"No he can't. He doesn't have a clue as to what Ashton has done to her and honestly I don't blame her for doing what she did. She was scared. She didn't even tell me and that says a lot because she tells me everything" she breathed "Robert claims he loves her, but during the time she needs him most he's pushing her away"

"Alright baby I get your point" I told her while washing the few plates that were in the sink "But I mean what could he have possibly done to scare her that bad?" I questioned.

"He locked her in their bathroom for two weeks and only let her out to eat. He threatened to throw her off of their balcony twice and actually attempted it the second time-" I cut her off.

"Whoa, what do you mean attempted it?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, he held her over the balcony. She was dangling from their balcony on the 10th floor" she said and I turned to her giving her my full attention.

"How did she get down?" I asked.

"She begged him not to let go of her and the woman on the 8th floor saw her dangling when she was on her own balcony and called the police" she said.

"Why didn't they arrest him?" I asked curiously.

"Because by the time they got there Ashton had already told her what to say to them" she said.

"What did she say?"

"She told them that nothing like that happened. That they were in bed asleep and that the woman downstairs was seeing things, because that never happened" she explained.

"She should have told the truth" I said.

"He threatened her not to"

"What else has he done?" I asked.

"The day before Robert bumped into her at the library he pushed her down the stairs, because she yelled at him." she said.

"One time she stayed the night over at my place. He got mad when she showed up the next day, because she didn't tell him she was staying out that long. He then tried to drown her in the bathtub for disobeying him" she informed me.

Carter started to whine and Mia kissed his cheek and patted his bottom to calm him. Her soothing actions seemed to put him in a tranquil state.

"Okay why the hell didn't she leave him?" I asked highly annoyed that she stayed with him after he did all of that to her.

"Do you know where Clearwater is?" she asked and I nodded "She used to live there, but one night she snuck off and came to my place. About a month later she got an apartment here in Miami, the second day in her new place Ashton shows up and beats her unconscious"

"Okay well I'm going to call Robert and have a serious conversation with him later, because he needs to know about this" I said and she nodded.

"Now do you see why it really isn't her fault?" she inquired and I nodded "The girl Robert fell in love with is the normal Hannah, the one he's seeing now is the one Ashton has complete control over"

"Well this isn't Roberts fault either, because he didn't know any of that stuff" I spoke to defend him.

"I know" she agreed.

*2 Hours Later*

"I think you should feed him now, because I have to go to the office in a few" I said.

"Oh well I guess me and you will stay home since Daddy wants to ditch us Carter" she said to him.

"No, you can come. I don't mind" I said and she smiled.

"Alright, it's 12:22pm" she said checking her phone.

"Blue bottle" I said and she walked over to the fridge. She got the glass bottle out of the fridge with the blue rubber holder around it.

"Ehh" Carter whined reaching his tiny hand out to it.

"Hold on" I said to him while she warmed up the bottle.

He started to whine and Mia patted his back to calm him. He laid his head on her shoulder and stared at me. I tickled his side and he giggled.

Once the bottle was ready Mia took it out and tested it to make sure it wasn't too hot.

She laid him out in her arms making sure his head was tilted back a little. She held the bottle up to his mouth and he began to suck the milk out of it. He stared up at her while she fed him and she smiled back down at him.

"Somebody likes being a mom" I said and she glanced over at me.

"Yes and somebody likes being a dad" she said back and I chuckled walking over to her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer while she fed him. I kissed her forehead before looking down at the tiny person between us.

I touched his little hand with my pinky finger and he looked over at me while he drank his bottle. He reached his hand up and held my finger running his thumb back and forth over it.

A little while later he finished his bottle and started to cough. Mia sat the empty bottle down on the island and laid his head on her shoulder. She patted his back a few times and he burped quietly.

She rubbed his back before she went into the living room. Me following behind her soon after.

She grabbed the car seat and put him in his white jacket with black polka dots on it. She put the little cap on his head to match along with his white and black Jordan's.

Then she picked him up and sat him in the car seat, securing him. After she fixed his clothes she stuck the clear pacifier in his mouth and he started to suck on it.

She went over and got his diaper bag off of the sofa. Then she walked over and grabbed the handle of the car seat picking it up, taking Carter out to the car.

I grabbed my phone and keys going out the door behind her, locking it behind me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•VOTE!!

I've been following a lot of people who vote or comment a lot

•But what do you think now that the baby has been born?

What do you think is going to happen between Hannah & Robert now?

•Why do you think Ashton hasn't shown up by now?

•What do you think about the things Ashton did to her?

•Was this chapter good? Did you like it?

•Do you have any questions?

•COMMENT!! ☺

•I love you guys ❤❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367 11 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
44K 1K 37
Austin Mahone and his wife are happily married or so they seem. They come in contact with many different people that try to break the love they share...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
207 1 41
She's a screw up and he's a quiet businessman. They both have a connection to each other from the past one way or another. Well. At least because he...