THE CONTRACT (The Chosen Seri...

By knightwaters

{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... ***************************************************... More

AUTHORS NOTE & CHARACTER GUIDE
LUNCH DATE
WE ARE FAMILY
BURN BABY BURN
EVEN DOVES CRY
COCK BLOCK
WHERE ARE YOU NOW
FIDO
BITCH PLEASE
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE
HOW TO BREAK A BOND
BUSTED
CHECKMATE
COINS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
YOU'RE A WIZARD
PAIN AT FIRST SIGHT
WANNA PLAY
DO MONSTER'S CRY
I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT
DONT HATE ME TOMORROW
LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
A CHRISTMAS KICK IN THE BALLS
TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
BLACK HOLE
CRUZE THE NIGHT AWAY
BORN TO RUN
DANCING ON MY OWN
HOT SHOWER
STRONGER
HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
WHO'S THAT GIRL
YOUR SECRETS AND LIES
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
SAVAGE GARDEN
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
BESTIES
I NEED A HERO
THE FIRST TIME EVER IS SAW YOUR FACE
YELLOW BRICK ROAD
IF YOU JUST SMILE
I JUST CALLED TO SAY...
PRETTY WOMAN
YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
HOME SWEET HOME
MY HEART IS YOURS
HERE'S A STORY - OF A MAN NAMED BRADY
AT LAST, MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
IT'S TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
FIGHT FOR YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
EPILOGUE
SNEEK PEAK

MO THINE

4.9K 244 17
By knightwaters

Pulling up to a vacant petrol bowser, I step out, my mind still foggy from my conversation with Alexei. Why can't he let me be? Swiping my card, I fill up on autopilot and drive over to the roadhouse section to park. Taking a moment to collect myself, I turn off the ignition and stare ahead, my gaze unfocused.

A solid tap on the side of my window jolts me from my thoughts. Flinching, I see Liam outside my car, fingers bouncing on my glass, a wide victor's grin on his face. Not in the mood for him to gloat, I push my door open and step out.

Cracking my neck, I block out his laugh and storm past him, heading directly for the bathroom, Liam hot on my heels. Ignoring everyone in my way, I push open the restroom door and head straight for the sink. Turning on the tap, I let the cold water run, looking at my reflection in the mirror, wincing at the wildness in my eyes. Get a grip. I breathe deep, my hands curling around the base of the sink, the porcelain whining at the heat from my fingers.

As the door creaks open behind me, ready to demand whoever it is to leave, my eyes catch Liam's reflection in the mirror. His substantial presence occupies the limited space. With a cocky grin, he closes the door and turns the lock, anticipating my response. "Didn't peg you for such a sore loser, Mo Thine."

My fingers tense at the mention of the words "Mo Thine," a term I know translates to "my fire." Releasing the sink, I plunge my hands under the cold water, and light steam billows. He couldn't have seen...

"Erin, are you listening to me?" he adds, his arrogance receeding.

"Whatever," I mumble, willing my body to cool under the frigid water.

"Erin," he comes again, this time placing a hand on my shoulder and standing directly behind me, the top of my dark hair reaching just below his chin. "Talk to me."

Flexing my fingers under the water and counting back from five, I offer him a fake smile before rolling my eyes. "I'm just a bad loser."

Moving closer, his body heat mingling with mine, I'm tempted to lean back into his warmth, my body pulsing with unrestrained energy just from his sheer proximity. "Why don't I believe you, Mo Thine?" He whispers, his words caressing my ear as he dips his head closer, sniffing, "I smell fear, and..."

"Enough, Fido," I growl, pushing him away. "I'm a sore loser, so congrats. Get out of my way before my sulking gets ugly."

With a surrendering smile, he raises his hands. Inwardly scolding myself for forbidden thoughts, I remind, "Erin, he's Ava's... Vagina, calm down!" My expression earns a laugh from him, "You really hate losing, Mo Thine?"

Whatever look I must be showing on my face as I tell my lady bits to calm down causes him to laugh, "You really don't like losing, do you Mo Thine?"

Relieved he's dropping it, I unlock the door and stomp towards the barista, prompting another chuckle. He thinks I'm a diva—better than knowing the truth.

"I'll grab drinks. Want something, Mo Thine?"

"Skinny Chai," I reply, adding, "Stop calling me your fire," as I eye the cookies.

"You know Gaelic?" Surprise colors Liam's voice.

"A bit, I also speak Russian, Japanese, and Chinese," I say, eyeing a double choc fudge biscuit.

"Hmm," Liam muses, then orders a Latte, skinny Chai, and four double choc fudge cookies to go.

"You didn't need those. Just the Chai is fine," I sigh, annoyed he caught my chocolate obsession.

Accepting the bag from the blushing barista, Liam laughs, "Who said I ordered them for you?"

Liam grabs a cookie from the brown paper bag, devouring half with a groan at the crispy, sugary delight. "Mmm, so good," he teases, eliciting a small smile from me. "There she is," he grins, offering me the bag, its mouthwatering scent wafting through the air.

Pouting for a brief moment, my inner chocolate monster wins, and I reach inside, pulling out a still-warm cookie. Tearing off a piece, I savor the large chunk as it melts on my tongue, closing my eyes in delight. Opening them, I look back at Liam, who stands directly in front of me, his eyes flashing amber and nostrils flaring. "Liam," I mouth hesitantly, aware of the curious barista still making our drinks.

"Mine," a deep voice rumbles back, the raw timber sending shivers down my spine. Oh, shit, the beastie has come out to play. Attempting to regain control, knowing the roadhouse isn't prepared for a werewolf encounter, I place a hand on his chest, pulling him close. His face immediately goes to my neck.

Smiling at the barista, holding out our cups, I nod and turn back to Liam, who sniffs and licks my skin. "Fido," I coo, my voice soft so only he can hear. Another rumble comes from his throat in approval, "my drink's ready, and I'm thirsty. Can I please have Liam back?"

Understanding basic shifter logic, I know when the animal side takes over, they respond to basic needs. Using my need to drink as a cue, Liam tenses before lifting his head. "Sorry," he mumbles, guilt clearly showing in the blush on his cheeksas he steps back, however his hands linger on my waist.

"It's okay, Fido, I know I'm irresistible," I smirk, moving out of his hold and heading toward the barista to collect our drinks. At the counter, I notice envy etched on her teenage features. "Men, they truly are beastly," I wink before turning my back.

Handing Liam his drink, we step outside, the cold air refreshing and calming my heated libido. Pausing at our vehicles, Liam grabs my arm. "I'm sorry, Erin, I don't know what's gotten into me. I'm normally in control. This has never happened before."

Tilting my head, I see true shame and perhaps remorse in his features. Trying to lighten the mood, I lightly shove him. "Not even with Ava?" I joke.

Looking down at his feet and blinking, he shrugs, "No."

"No?"

"No, Erin. My wolf does come out, but never like that."

Interesting... I may need to revisit that information later. Nodding, though not quite understanding, I open my car door. "So, you lead the way."

"Sure, I need to stop by the bar on the way, though," he replies, moving toward his truck.

"K."

"Oh, and Mo Thine," Liam calls out, his voice returning to its upbeat nature, "don't forget, you owe me three truths." Jumping inside and revving his engine, he speeds out of the parking lot without giving me a chance to respond.

Fuck!!!

********************************************

Driving through the town of Black Mountain is almost cringe-worthy with its picture-perfect charm—bright-colored shop fronts, quaint signs, and smiling locals. It feels like I'm navigating an adult version of the munchkin village in the Wizard of Oz. All I need is something to trip on, maybe some shrooms, and this would be awesome.

Turning onto one of the backstreets, we pull into the rear parking lot of Liam's bar, marked by a large sign reading "Brady's Pub" above the entrance. After turning off the ignition, I step out and follow him inside, appreciating the place's interior. It matches Ava's description from her first night here—wood, leather, and chrome. The far wall hosts a massive, old-fashioned bar occupied by several patrons who seem as much a fixture as the bar stools.

Liam points to a vacant stool, instructing me to take a seat while he heads to the back office for paperwork. Seated, I observe the bar's bustling activity, noting that most employees are likely shifters based on their movements. Ava was right about another thing—the men in this town are incredibly attractive. Mumma wants some, HOT.

A few minutes later, the massive redheaded bartender, resembling a Viking, stands in front of me. "What can I get ya?" he asks.

Seizing the opportunity to glean some information, I flutter my eyelashes and slip into a sultry tone. "Do you, by any chance, know which one of you mountain men is holding my friend? You know, blonde curly hair, amazing curves, captive?" Twisting a strand of hair around my fingers, I accompany the question with a sweet smile, although my eyes convey a different, more intense message.

"Erin," Liam grumbles as he appears behind me, causing me to jump at his sudden proximity. "I told you we would work together to get her back."

"Ahh, you must be Ava's friend," the rugged bartender chuckles, his voice richer than Liam's. Without waiting for my response, he pours two glasses of scotch straight.

"I am, and ignore Fido next to me," I say, patting the bar. "So, do you know where she is?"

The bartender laughs at my disregard for Liam's authority, handing Liam one of the drinks. He sighs, downing it in one go, and gives me a knowing smile before placing the other glass in front of me. "Drink up, love, you'll need it. Liam is right. It's a complicated situation."

"Are you serious?" I groan, knocking back the scotch without flinching at the burn. "I don't care about your puppy code. Ava is my family, and she has been TAKEN!" I emphasize the word taken, drawing out each letter. "Against her will, and all you two can do is spit some bullshit about it being COMPLICATED!"

"Oh boss, I like this one," Seamus laughs again, unfazed by my anger. "I'll be seeing you around, lass."

"Erin, come," Liam barks, moving back and waiting for me to join him.

With heat in my eyes, I turn to Liam, whose amber eyes flash again, and sigh. "Fine." Climbing off the barstool, I place a hand on his chest, his amber immediately changing back to their original warm chocolate. "Come on, Fido, take me home."

Nostrils flaring, he grunts and heads outside the bar, leaving a laughing Seamus behind him.

********************************************

Navigating the turns of the spur, my car works hard to keep us on the road. As we turn onto a massive driveway, a hidden valley unfolds, nestled right in the middle of the mountain.

Slowing down, I'm awestruck by the sheer size of Liam's house—the Ranch, a log and stone structure that's nothing short of impressive. Positioned in front of a small lake, it shares the space with three other large buildings. Grinning as we approach, I notice a 20-plus car garage among them. Following Liam, I park off to the side instead of inside with the others.

Turning off the ignition, Liam is already at the rear of my car, pulling out luggage, with Ava's case already at his side. Moving to take my large bag from him, he grunts and heads toward the long porch, which wraps around the log mansion.

"Liam, you know I can carry my bag," I offer, but I reconsider when I see him tense, his eyes flashing amber again as he turns back to me.

"Erin, can you just please, for now..." He trails off, and I know he is struggling with his wolf again.

"Okay, Fido, whatever."

"Good." He grunts again and continues up the path.

Ascending the steps to the wooden and stone porch, the front door swings open, revealing a tall, stunning woman with long dark hair. Her eyes lock onto mine, and she smiles. "Erin, welcome to the Ranch. I am Siobhan. I hope my son has been well-behaved."

This is his mother? She appears no older than her mid-30s. Shaking my head, I clear my throat. "He has," I reply, moving towards her and giving her a professional once-over. Taking a deep breath, I address her in a businesslike manner, "So, can you take me to whoever's in charge here so I can get my friend back?"

Laughing out loud, her eyes sparkle with delight as she turns to Liam. "Seamus was right. She is full of fire."

FML!

******************************************

Happy EASTER, my Wattpad family...

X0X0X0 KnightWaters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 2.1K 28
(Previously titled Sole Soul) After finding a grime covered, scar riddled, and clearly tormented man hiding in her garage, Rebecca-a shifter scorned...
866K 25.5K 100
[ BEING REWRITTEN ] 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ----- 𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐒 I messed up - I messed up in typical Dylan fashion because...
136K 9.2K 54
{MATURE +18} One step ahead of you. Stay in motion, keep an open mind. I've studied. I'm ready. The pieces on the board keep moving. But I've practic...
5.3K 160 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...