THE CONTRACT (The Chosen Seri...

By knightwaters

{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... ***************************************************... More

AUTHORS NOTE & CHARACTER GUIDE
LUNCH DATE
WE ARE FAMILY
BURN BABY BURN
EVEN DOVES CRY
COCK BLOCK
WHERE ARE YOU NOW
MO THINE
BITCH PLEASE
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE
HOW TO BREAK A BOND
BUSTED
CHECKMATE
COINS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
YOU'RE A WIZARD
PAIN AT FIRST SIGHT
WANNA PLAY
DO MONSTER'S CRY
I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT
DONT HATE ME TOMORROW
LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
A CHRISTMAS KICK IN THE BALLS
TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
BLACK HOLE
CRUZE THE NIGHT AWAY
BORN TO RUN
DANCING ON MY OWN
HOT SHOWER
STRONGER
HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
WHO'S THAT GIRL
YOUR SECRETS AND LIES
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
SAVAGE GARDEN
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
BESTIES
I NEED A HERO
THE FIRST TIME EVER IS SAW YOUR FACE
YELLOW BRICK ROAD
IF YOU JUST SMILE
I JUST CALLED TO SAY...
PRETTY WOMAN
YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
HOME SWEET HOME
MY HEART IS YOURS
HERE'S A STORY - OF A MAN NAMED BRADY
AT LAST, MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
IT'S TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
FIGHT FOR YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
EPILOGUE
SNEEK PEAK

FIDO

5.4K 294 32
By knightwaters

When I return downstairs, Ava's suitcase in hand, the kitchen is thoroughly cleaned. All traces of vomit have been removed, and Liam is patiently waiting for me, his tall frame resting against Ava's white marble kitchen island. "Get what you need?" he asks as I admire his handiwork.

Noticing my focus on the floorboards, Liam shrugs, a slight blush appearing on his cheeks as we make eye contact. "Ma made sure I knew how to clean."

I take the briefest of sniffs, anticipating the sour smell of bile, but to my surprise, I'm greeted with the pleasant scent of eucalyptus and lavender. The gentle fragrance tickles my nose, and I can't help but appreciate the outcome. Considering Ava's a clean freak, this is undoubtedly something she'd approve of. Liam's hard work has spared me from lifting a finger, and with genuine appreciation, I smile at him, saying, "Well, she did a good job teaching you."

"I'm glad you think so, Erin. You can tell her that yourself later today," he replies, causing me to freeze at this new piece of information.

"You want me to meet your mother?" I'm unable to hide the shock in my voice. Sure, there might be some peculiar chemistry between his wolf and me, but meeting his mother is a bit much!

"Aye, you don't have a choice; you'll meet her as soon as we arrive at my home."

"You live with your mother?" If that isn't a passion killer, I don't know what is.

"Aye, my Da, little brother, little sister, uncles, aunties, and cousins, we all either life at the Ranch or in its vicinity," he shares, a wistful expression gracing his face, and I mentally kick myself. It makes perfect sense; he's a wolf, and they thrive in familial packs. My face remains thankfully neutral as I blink twice before nodding.

Once again, Liam shifts his gaze towards me, an expression of surprise on his face. With a single raised eyebrow, he strides towards me to take the case. "Thanks," I express, handing over the luggage. I'm all for equal rights, but I'm not foolish enough to reject a helping hand. If someone chooses to make my life easier by displaying chivalry, who am I to decline? Unnecessary physical labor isn't my forte, and I do have my nails to consider.

"You surprise me," Liam chuckles, his large hand securing around the handle, his proximity causing those unexpected shiver down my spine to return. What the hell is my body doing?

"Surprise you how?"

"For starters, you didn't give me grief about still living with my parents, and secondly, for someone as," he pauses, giving me an appraising look, "strong-willed as yourself, you still allow a man to..." he trails off, raising the suitcase, his gesture speaking volumes.

"Well, you are a wolf, and wolves live in packs," I deadpan, offering him a grin. "Also, what can I say? I know when to pick my battles."

Chuckling once more, he heads towards the door and waits for me to exit. Stepping through the open space onto the porch, I glance back at him as he closes the door behind us, his other hand running through his curls in an attempt to tame them. "Liam," I call, watching as he raises his head in acknowledgment, "you did arrange for your contacts to fix..." Before I finish my question, a glassier van pulls out in front.

"Already done," Liam replies, a smug look on his face as they stop in front of him. I watch as he gives them instructions, telling them to lock up when they finish, then follow him as he places the suitcase in the back of his truck. Walking over to the passenger side door, he opens it and waits for me to climb inside.

Dismissing his gesture with a scoff and a shake of my head, Liam wears a momentarily confused expression that swiftly transforms into understanding. I head towards my cherished vehicle, painted in the same vibrant fire engine red as his truck, and open the driver's side door. "You follow," I instruct before climbing inside. Liam, proceeds to his own driver's side, and ignites the engine of his massive truck.

Adjusting my car to be side by side, I lower my window and rev my engine, sporting a huge grin. "Try and keep up, Fido."

A glint of amber flashes in his eyes; he responds with a wicked smile and a hearty laugh as I speed away.

******************************************

The drive to my apartment is exhilarating. The speed, coupled with the chase, has fortunately alleviated some of my worries about Ava. Liam remains on my tail throughout. I smirk, glancing back at his front bumper through my rearview mirror, marveling at his driving skills. Considering that my car is an S-Class Mercedes, capable of gripping a corner as well as a virgin handling a 10-inch dick, I can't help but be impressed by his agility and his knack for maintaining control of his truck as we maneuver through traffic.

Using the remote to grant us access to the underground garage, we both drive in and park. Liam takes up the visitor's space right next to mine. One of the perks of living on the top floor. After cutting the engine and stepping out, I walk over to his door and wait for him to lower the window. "Give me your number," I instruct, my phone already in hand.

He quickly provides his details, winds up the window, and exits the vehicle. Programming his number, I call it once and disconnect, ensuring he has mine. "What are you doing?" I ask, shaking my head, observing him approach with powerful strides until he stands beside me.

"Going with you," he replies, an almost bashful look on his face as he taps his shoes on the concrete floor below.

"Why?"

"Need to use the bathroom."

"You couldn't do that when we were at Ava's?"

"Didn't need to go then," he retorts, the tapping increasing in pace, "anyway, I thought you would want to keep an eye on me, so I didn't sneak off."

"Fine," I sigh, rolling my eyes at him and turning to walk towards the elevator. Pressing the button and waiting for the doors to open, I add, "for your information, I recorded your license plate, so if you had left, I would've tracked down your address and kicked your ass when I got there."

"My address is undisclosed," he smirks as we step into the dark wood, and steel elevator.

As I press the penthouse button and swipe my identification card over the scanner, the elevator light turns green, and the double doors smoothly slide shut. Facing Liam, I notice his body standing exceptionally close to mine; personal space seems to be of no concern to him. Arching a brow, I place a hand on his chest and purr, "my contacts know everyone, and you, Mr. Brady, are quite well-known in your little town."

"I draw even closer, our body heat mingling, and rise on my tippy toes. Whispering in his ear, I say, 'So you can run, little wolf, but rest assured, I will find you.'"

Breathing heavily, Liam's chest rises and falls, and I can see the amber return to his irises. The scent of grass, mixed with something else, fills my senses as I watch him lick his lips. Ava—he is Ava's, I tell my vagina as I feel moisture starting to build between my legs.

Nostrils flaring, Liam starts to close the distance when we hear the ding of the elevator, the door opening wide onto an empty foyer. Grateful for the interruption, I take a step back and move into the room with three doors leading to separate apartments. Heading towards my own, I use my security tag to gain access.

Turning the handle and swinging open the door, we enter my open-plan, loft-style apartment. This place has been my home for the past three years after moving out of Ava's house, a decision prompted by Alexei's insistence due to my frequent comings and goings, all related to him. Ava, being the big-hearted person she is, was growing concerned about my continuous absences.

Alexei suggested I move into one of his many places, a move that also benefited him by providing another means of control. Owning my apartment, the entire building, and all the staff left no room for misbehavior. What better place to house a bird than a pretty cage with its surveillance team? In reality, Alexei had eyes on me even when I was living with Ava, and this arrangement proved to be easier for both of us.

Fortunately, when Alexei brought me here for the first time, it was love at first sight. From the light, wooded floors and exposed brick walls to the massive loft bedroom with black chrome beams, and finishing with large floor-to-ceiling windows—the design catered to everything I loved and exuded a more industrial vibe compared to Ava's bright cottage.

Leaving my bag on the expansive kitchen island, I direct Liam to the guest powder room just off the kitchen and tell him to help himself. With wide eyes, he takes in the surroundings and moves towards the room. This gives me the space to climb the matching black chrome stairs up to my room.

Locating one of my large suitcases, I begin filling it with clothes and shoes, while my toiletries find a place in a separate Gucci travel bag. My mind stays focused on the task at hand. Lost in thought, I startle when I hear Liam whistle from behind me. His massive, distinctly masculine presence stands beside my plush bed. Shit, think of Ava. I silently repeat in my head, placing a hand on my hip and throwing him a questioning look.

"Nice room," he offers, taking a seat on my bed—on MY SIDE—and bouncing several times. My mind immediately conjures up an image of me riding the man in front of me on that very spot. I'm so screwed.

"Do you always enter a girl's bedroom and make yourself comfortable before you even offer to take her out for dinner?" I deadpan. However, the innuendo is present in my voice.

"Not usually," he smirks, leaning back on his elbows, "I only do that to the women that need a little bit of dominance in certain situations."

"And what type of situation do you call this?" I smirk, closing my case and moving towards my walk-in closet.

"The one where I want to know more about the woman who has no issue kicking a man in the balls while smelling like honey and flowers when I get too close." His voice floats into the closet, and I dig my nails into my palm, pulling a thick red jacket off its hanger with the other. His brogue causes my stomach to flip again. Yep I'm going to Hell!

Attempting to disrupt the banter we're engaged in, I walk out and shoot him my best resting bitch face. "Is this how you sweet-talked Ava into thinking you're special?" I shoot at him, venom lacing my tone and causing him to flinch.

Shaking his head, Liam stands, a guilty frown marring his features. "Sorry," he apologizes as he stands and moves away from my bed. "It shouldn't. I shouldn't. You're right. I normally am a lot more..." Chewing on his bottom lip, he looks for the right word. "Controlled," he adds, looking down at his feet.

Unfortunately, I can relate; there's something about Mr. Liam Brady that makes me forget about the outside world, which has never, and I repeat, NEVER happened before. Shrugging, I hand him my case, causing his frown to drop as he lifts it. "I assume you are happy for me to play chivalrous for you again?"

Batting my eyelashes and looking up at him, I put on my best southern accent, "why, certainly, young man, a lady like me would be a terrible ninny if I turned down the offer of genuine chivalry."

Bowing slightly, he gestures with his hands for me to go first down the staircase, "Well, I'm happy to oblige," he drawls in reply.

I'm relieved that the earlier tension has dissipated as we return to the elevator, my door automatically locking once we exit and head downstairs to the garage. Although my primary focus is on Ava and her safe return, I find myself immensely enjoying the distraction that is Liam. After placing my cases in the rear of my car, I notice Liam watching with an impressed look as the trunk automatically closes when I step away.

Turning and approaching him, he tilts his head, "you remember the truck stop where you collected Ava?" He waits for my nod, "excellent. Erin, how about a little race?" he proposes, moving to climb into his truck.

"What's on the table?" I ask, recognizing that a race is more enjoyable when there's a wager involved.

"Truths?" Liam calls back as he closes his door and starts his engine.

Without thinking, I blurt out, "done." After a moment of panic, I shrug it off. I'm confident I'll win; his truck is no match for my baby. "But let's limit it to 3 questions."

"Agreed," he smirks, revving his truck. "But the questions can be asked at any time, and the loser MUST respond with a truthful answer."

Snorting and walking to my door, I look over my shoulder, "Sure, whatever. Hope you don't mind sharing your secrets," I throw back before climbing inside.

**********************************************

Two hours later, and we're just 15 minutes away from our destination. My car is currently leading, with Liam's truck only several paces behind. Grinning at myself in the rearview mirror, my eyes flash brighter as I continue to pull ahead. It feels like being a teenager again, engaged in an extreme game of tag, but this time with a playmate who gives me a run—or a drive—for my money.

This isn't something I could do with Alexei. Firstly, he would win; he always does. Secondly, he doesn't have time for fun. It's all work and world domination for him.

Thinking of the Devil—or, in this case, just when I needed it least—his name flashes up on my car phone display, and I groan, "Fucking shitty timing." Knowing I need to accept the call; otherwise, he'll keep ringing until I do, I answer, "Alexei." I only hope my voice doesn't betray the irritation I feel right now.

"Mой маленький спитфайр," he replies, his voice calm and direct. Instead of responding, I wait for him to continue. He obviously called for a reason; there's no point in adding unnecessary pleasantries. After several seconds of silence, my fingers tap on the steering wheel, and my heart begins to race as he continues not to speak.

Frustration and slight panic kicking in, I grit out, "You rang?" Hearing his sigh on the other end of the line, I roll my eyes. Alexei and his mind games. Knowing that my tone may not be pleasing to his sensitive ears, I add, more civilly, "What can I do for you?"

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Alexei asks. Before I can respond, I hear him speak in Russian, his tone heated as he addresses someone in the background, his words coming out rapidly. "Apologies," he adds, his voice returning to its calm demeanor. "As I said, is there something you need to tell me?"

"The glaziers?" I inquire, aware that the men who arrived at Ava's were likely on his payroll.

"Yes, but also the cameras."

"Fuck, well, it's not as if I didn't see this happening," I blurt out, all level and control of decorum gone.

"And?" I hear boredom in his tone at my response.

"I'm going to find her."

"And you need Liam Brady to assist?" he drawls, his tone appearing calm, but there's an underlying current of anger in it. Alexei may be a master of many things, but controlling his jealousy isn't one of them.

"Of course you know him," not even waiting for his response, I add, "did you know Alexei, did you know Ava was one of them?"

"Ahhh, so you have figured out your friend is a женщина-волк?"

"I'll take that as a confirmation, then," I snap, my patience wearing thin. I can't believe he knew Ava was a female wolf and didn't see fit to share that tidbit of information with me. I always knew she was different, but if Alexei had clued me in, I could have been better prepared.

"Erin."

Shit, tone...

"Sorry," I grumble.

"I'll overlook your lapse in manners this time, мой маленький спитфайр. I do know that your little wolf friend is," he pauses, and I can almost hear his brain ticking over before he continues, "special to you."

"She is," I breathe out, the emotions that I've been holding at bay since meeting Liam coming to the forefront of my mind.

"Ahh," he sighs, his voice gentling, "my sources say she's with her intended. You can't interfere."

"I know," I sniff, dammit, I hate showing Alexei weakness, "but I just need to see that she's safe."

"Erin,"

"Please, Alexei, let me do this, then I'll come home." I plead, knowing that if he doesn't agree, I'll have no choice but to turn around.

"Erin, I don't think,"

Knowing I'm losing, I offer him something I know he wont refuse. "If you let me do this, I'll let you," I swallow, my throat becoming dry, "touch me."

I hear him inhale, knowing that I've just dangled the golden carrot in front of a starving bunny, well at least, one golden carrot. "Without the gloves?" He asks, his voice almost primal as he talks.

Swallowing again, I give the only answer I can, my voice soft, "yes."

I hear him sigh, the sound almost like a groan. "Мой маленький спитфайр, as soon as your friend is safe, you will come directly to me." I sag with relief; the pain will be worth it. Moving to end the call, Alexei adds, "and Erin, stay away from Liam Brady."

"What do—" the phone call ends, Alexei disconnecting. I know there are cameras in the elevator, but he wouldn't have them in Ava's house, would he?

Returning my focus back to the road, the truck stop is only half a mile ahead. I see Liam's truck several cars in front, taking the turnoff, and... Fuck!

***************************************************************

Bonus chapter - a thankyou to my 500 followers (WOOOHOOO)

X0X0X0X0

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.8K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
198K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...
3.1M 138K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...