THE CONTRACT (The Chosen Seri...

By knightwaters

{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... ***************************************************... More

AUTHORS NOTE & CHARACTER GUIDE
LUNCH DATE
WE ARE FAMILY
BURN BABY BURN
EVEN DOVES CRY
WHERE ARE YOU NOW
FIDO
MO THINE
BITCH PLEASE
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE
HOW TO BREAK A BOND
BUSTED
CHECKMATE
COINS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
YOU'RE A WIZARD
PAIN AT FIRST SIGHT
WANNA PLAY
DO MONSTER'S CRY
I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT
DONT HATE ME TOMORROW
LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
A CHRISTMAS KICK IN THE BALLS
TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
BLACK HOLE
CRUZE THE NIGHT AWAY
BORN TO RUN
DANCING ON MY OWN
HOT SHOWER
STRONGER
HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
WHO'S THAT GIRL
YOUR SECRETS AND LIES
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
SAVAGE GARDEN
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
BESTIES
I NEED A HERO
THE FIRST TIME EVER IS SAW YOUR FACE
YELLOW BRICK ROAD
IF YOU JUST SMILE
I JUST CALLED TO SAY...
PRETTY WOMAN
YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
HOME SWEET HOME
MY HEART IS YOURS
HERE'S A STORY - OF A MAN NAMED BRADY
AT LAST, MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
IT'S TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
FIGHT FOR YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
EPILOGUE
SNEEK PEAK

COCK BLOCK

7.5K 323 44
By knightwaters

Leaving the confines of the bathroom is less daunting than I thought it would be. Thankfully, Griffin and Shay are still outside, loading the final boxes, and Ava is upstairs, closing the rooms. All her personal items, and anything of value, are now securely packed and loaded into the van. Only Isla remains downstairs, tidying up the remnants of our lunch and humming a gentle tune to herself.

I close the door behind me and step into the kitchen. Isla remains absorbed in her work as I approach. Snatching a discarded cloth, I begin wiping down any lingering traces from lunch, absorbing the familiar, lilting notes of her melody.

"What are you humming?" I ask, my gaze shifting to meet hers as she raises her eyes.

"Mamma's lullaby," Isla replies, a wistful expression crossing her features. "She used to sing it to us, to help us sleep."

I nod, smiling at the comforting familiarity of the melody. The sound soothes, sending warmth through my bones and easing some of my anxiety. "Isla," I venture, wanting to ask her something before she resumes her cleaning. Waiting until she acknowledges me with a raised chin, I gently tap my finger on the kitchen countertop. "Why aren't you pestering me like the others?"

Soft dimples grace her face as she shrugs. "You'll talk when you feel ready, Sister."

Shaking my head at her simple yet reassuring response, I continue working alongside her, letting her humming fill the quiet spaces in my mind.

***********************************************

"I'm going to miss this place," Ava murmurs, cradling her barely alive plant under one arm and leaning her head against my shoulder as we stand together in the entranceway. "So many good memories."

Ava's right. This place was a home to me. A place I could escape, forgetting the world outside. Inhaling through my nose, nostalgia rising, I give Ava a little squeeze. "Yes, so many good memories." Smirking and cocking out my hip, I nudge her. "I'll never forget the look on your face when you came home early to find me reverse cowgirl on the couch. Good times, good times." I grin, and my comment causes her to laugh and smack me on the shoulder.

"That's not what I was referring to, but yes, you certainly did introduce me to," she pauses, licking her lips, a blush forming on her cheeks as she glances toward her mate, "things that have come in handy.."

"Oh God, girl, please tell me that you and the mountain have tried out some of the positions from the book I gave you?" Ava's light skin now flushed scarlet, and I burst out laughing. "You totally have, you dirty hoe, haven't you?"

"Erin," Ava whispers my name, and I continue to cackle at her obvious introduction to all things Karma Sutra.

"Well done, young grasshopper," I chuckle. Shifting to a more serious tone, I put my arm around her shoulder and draw her close. "I'm just so happy that you've finally found your one."

Looking up at me, a softness in her eyes and her face still tinged with a blush, she hugs me back. "You'll find yours one day."

Taking a deep breath and forcing a smile, I try not to flinch at her comment. It's not in the cards for me, and it doesn't matter anymore. Squeezing her again, I release her and move to the porch. "Sure, and then we can have pretty babies together and plan little tea parties."

"Erin," Ava chides, touching her stomach, "you never know. Who would have thought I would be on my way to motherhood? Your one is out there somewhere; he just hasn't figured it out yet."

Shaking my head and descending the steps while Ava locks up her house for the final time, I contemplate her words. She's right; neither of us would have anticipated that she would meet her one, mate with him, and now carry his child—all within a matter of months. It was only a few weeks ago that this man kidnapped her.

But now, Ava's packing up her life in the city to move to Black Mountain, ready to live happily ever after with her wolf and have her own beautiful babies. Meanwhile, all I've gained from the past few weeks, aside from discovering I have a sister and a kind of brother, are more nails in my coffin and a case of blue ovaries, courtesy of a certain FIDO.

"Fucking Liam, why do you have to be such a cockblock," I mutter, heading towards my car. Placing my handbag on the passenger side seat, I bump into Shay when I step back to close the door.

"Good luck with that. Hope you've packed your lady toys because there's no way in hell his royal dick will let you anywhere near one of us," Shay jokes, smirking as he takes a step away.

"Arggg," I groan, "I still don't see what his problem is. You guys have sex before you mate, don't you?" I'm pretty sure Shay's not a virgin.

"Some of us do," he looks contemplative, "but it's not encouraged."

"Why not, and anyway, there are other men on the mountain that don't grow fur."

Shay frowns, a slight grimace forming on his face, and then he shrugs. "It can be dangerous, Tiger."

"Elaborate," I give him a look, cocking an eyebrow.

"Outsiders can't handle us," Shay replies, grabbing his package and smirking.

"What he means," Griffin's deep voice intercedes, appearing out of nowhere and nudging Shay towards the van, "is that when a male wolf climaxes, we can cause extreme pain and sometimes permanent damage to women that are not designed to accommodate our knot."

I gape at his blatant honesty. "Your what?" I ask, looking over to Ava, who is averting her eyes and blushing again. Seriously?

Grabbing his crotch again and wiggling his eyebrow comically, Shay laughs. "Oh, Tiger, you're going to be in for a surprise," he comments, causing Griffin to growl in response as he walks towards the driver's side of the van. Pausing before he opens the door, he turns back and sighs. "It won't matter, even if you pick a human. On the Spur, you're off-limits."

Before I can even ask what he's getting at, Shay effortlessly jumps into the truck, Isla already settled next to him. The engine roars to life as he glances back at me. Meanwhile, Ava casually climbs into what I figure is Griffin's sleek, new black Ford F150 Raptor, holding a potted plant. Our eyes meet, and she mouths "later" before closing the door.

Grumbling to myself, I stroll around my car and yank open the door. The whiff of fresh leather hits me as I sink into the seat, my hands on the steering wheel. Giving the smooth material a quick squeeze, I turn the key in the ignition, waiting for Shay to pull out before I follow suit, Griffin in tow. I've got this sneaky feeling he's making sure he keeps an eye on me the whole time.

***********************************

Two hours into the trip, our little convoy, making significant progress, decides to make a pitstop for refueling and food at the roadhouse. Taking the exit ramp and finding an empty parking space in front of the diner, I make my way inside and order a skinny chai and a full-fat latte, waiting for the others who are now filling up their vehicles to join me.

Sipping on my creamy delight, I spot Ava first as she enters. I smirk when I notice her hurried pace as she comes towards me, the others still waiting to pay. She squeals with glee upon seeing her drink waiting for her, grabbing the steaming beverage and taking a generous sip.

Groaning with pleasure, she settles into the seat next to me and runs a hand through her hair. "My God, that's good," she says, turning to me. "Don't tell Griffin; I'm going to finish this in like one minute, then I'll make him order me another one."

Raising my eyebrows in silent question, she shrugs. "Coffee apparently isn't great for pregnancy, and this is like my third today."

"So?" I reply, wondering who this woman is sitting next to me, and where my caffeine-addicted, wine-loving friend has gone.

"So," she mimics, "he's just being super protective and trying to make sure that everything goes smoothly. You know, just in case," turning towards me, sadness filling her eyes as she bites her bottom lip, "he's lost enough..."

She doesn't need to add more. One of the first conversations I had with Ava after she told me she'd decided to stay with Griffin was about his time in the facility.

It broke my heart hearing about the women he was forced to impregnate, losing not only their unborn children but their own lives in the process, all because of the psychotic delusions of a madman—my father.

Nodding and tapping the side of my nose with my index finger in a show of secret acknowledgment, I offer her a sympathetic smile and watch as she finishes her coffee, passing the empty cup to me for hiding as we wait for the others to join.

"So," she starts, and I know what's coming. Ava's not one to let a subject drop. Prying bitch, she's lucky I love her. "Where's your head at?"

Sighing, I tap my fingers on the tabletop. "I'm still processing," watching her nod and waiting for me to continue, I blow a raspberry. "Seriously, I just need time. It's not every day that I learn I have siblings, let alone that my father is. No, was. A fucking nutjob."

"I know," she rest's her hand over mine, causing my tapping to cease. "I just want you to know that you're still my family, and no matter what, I'll always be there for you."

"Whatcha ladies talking about," Shay grins, taking the seat in front of me, his biceps bulging as he leans forward.

"I was asking if you were a giver or a taker," Ava coughs, her hand moving from mine to cover her mouth.

A confused look briefly crosses Shay's face before smoothing, a wicked expression replacing it. Shay blinks slowly and tilts his blonde head, licking his bottom lip. "Well, normally I'm a giver, but I don't mind myself a little rim play," leaning over and taking my now free hand in his, he examines my fingers, lifting my index one and humming in a contemplative manner. "Now you have the perfect size digit to sufficiently reach a man's happy place."

"I recommend you release Ciara's finger before I break your hand," the Mountain's voice interrupts, causing me to jolt at his sudden appearance. Stealthy!

"Hey, brother, she was just asking, and I, being the honest and caring person I am, just thought it would be best if I told the truth. You know, sharing is caring and all that jazz," Shay ignores Griffin's warning and continues to play with my finger.

"Where's Isla?" Ava asks, drawing my attention away from the man-child in front of me.

"Bathroom," Griffin replies, placing a gentle kiss on Ava's head, "how many coffees have you had today?"

"Just the one."

"Hmmm, I assume you would like me to order you one now then?"

"Yes, please, oh, and one of those little pink iced cookie things in the display cabinet." She pleads, batting her long lashes and knowing that he will oblige. Pussy whipped.

"Me too, big boy," Shay adds, placing his other hand under his chin in a v shape and fluttering his own eyes in imitation of Ava.

Ignoring Shay, Griffin turns to me, looking at my half-empty drink. "Sister, would you also like a cookie?"

"Sure thing, big guy," I purr. Seeing Griffin pale, Ava and I both laugh.

"She's screwing with you. She does it to everyone," Ava offers, standing up to stretch and hug her mate. "Come on, I'll help you order." Guiding Griffin away, Ava turns back and winks before reaching down to pinch his very tight ass, causing another laugh to bubble from me.

Returning my focus to Shay and recalling the comment he made before we left Ava's house, I use my hand that is still in his and twist it so that my nails gently caress the inside of his wrist.

I watch him shiver, his blue eyes glazing over from my action, and purr, "mind telling me what you meant before we left today, about me being off-limits?"

Shaking himself, Shay's eyes immediately clear, and he drops my hand. "I don't know what happened between the two of you, but you certainly left an impression. Liam's told everyone you're off-limits and if anyone is found to be," he coughs, "engaging you in a less than platonic manner, that he'll deal with them personally."

"Fucking jerk, I'm going to kick Liam's ass when I see him. Actually, scrap that, I'm going to avoid that ass, and by Gods', if I find someone that I want to screw, I'll do it good and proper, and he won't stop me."

"Good luck with that, Tiger, and if you do decide to have some fun, let me know," he smirks, "I'll bring the popcorn. I love a good show."

Subtle rejection much? Pondering that thought, I wonder if something's going on between him and Isla. They do seem to be joined at the hip.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.9K 27
ORIGINAL WORK UPDATED VERSION ON PROFILE **WARNING** **extremely sexual content so if you don't like that stuff just don't read this book because th...
151K 3K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
12.5K 259 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
3.9M 146K 60
Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Life Lesson #2: If there are too many attr...