Short Stories|Book 1

By MotherMelanin02

Title says it all More

One
One|Part Two
One|Part Three
One|Part Four
One|Part Five
Two
Three
Four
Four||Part Two
Five
Six
Six||Part Two
Seven
Eight
Eight||Part Two
Nine
Nine||Part Two
Ten
Ten||Part Two
Ten||Part Three
Eleven
Eleven||Part Two
Eleven||Part Three
Eleven|Published
Twelve
Thirteen
Thirteen||Part Two
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Seventeen||Part Two
Eighteen
Eighteen||Part Two
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Six||Part Two
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Seven||Part Two
Twenty-Seven||Part Three
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Twenty-Nine||Part Two
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-One||Part Two
Thirty-One |Part Three
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Four||Part Three
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Five||Part Two
Thirty-Five||Part Three
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Six||Part Two
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Author's Note

Thirty-Four||Part Two

497 26 4
By MotherMelanin02

"The Jensen Sisters"

A week ago

Addison's eyes flickered open, only to instantly close from the bright sun beaming in from the window of her penthouse suite. With a groan, she sat up, clutching the silk sheets to her naked body.

Letting out a yawn, she rubbed her eyes sleepily.

Slowly, her lips curved into a smile as the memories of last night flooded her mind. She laid back, nibbling on her thumbnail as she reminisced.

Maybe she didn't have the most appropriate job, but man, did it have its perks.

She looks to her right, noticing a stack of money on her bedside. There was a note too. Cheesing, she grabbed the limp of cash and leafed through it.

It was the best part of the job.

Having sex with hot rich guys was fun. She liked getting spoiled - the fancy hotels, restaurants, yachts, even private islands. But it was the money that made it all worth it.

Running from the trauma of her childhood, she left home to LA - all the way across the country. Only to find out the real world gives you even more problems.

The money that her mother gave her to settle into her new life didn't last her as long as she thought it would. Afterall, L.A. was exspensive.

Addison could have asked for more but assured her mother she'd only need her financial support for a month. That and her pride wouldn't let her take from her single mom any longer.

On her last dime, a depressed Addison went to a bar one night. Met a guy who was way too old for her and indulged because he kept buying her drinks.

He was pretty hot for an older guy - easy to talk to too.

They ended up at this fancy motel and spent the night together.

When Addison woke up the following day, he was gone but left behind a pile of cash. To put the icing on the cake, she had a fancy breakfast on the balcony that gave her a view of the vain city of LA.

Any woman in her right mind would have been offended, but not Addison. She had found her niche - a way to avoid depending on her mother and going back home.

From there, she got her name around town, and as time went on, her clients' wallets only got fatter.

She's even dealt with celebrities. Typically that involves sighing a contract of discretion. As long as she was paid, she didn't care much for spilling tea.

Addison knew that her family would disapprove. That's why she didn't call much or visit.

Before she knew it - she was in too deep. It was her new lifestyle.

The only person who knew was Melina. She'd found out when one of her clients answered her phone.

For once, Melina actually calls and ends up finding her out - till this day, Addison was baffled by the irony.

Reluctantly, Melina promised to keep it a secret. While their mother and Sarah thought she was traveling the world as a flight attendant - hence the postcards.

Picking up the note from her client, Addison reads it out loud.

"Addison, last night was one of the best nights of my life."

With a smirk, she rolled her eyes. That's what they always said. It seemed like an act of formality rather than an actual fact; it was said so much.

Luckily, she had enough confidence in her skill regardless of the compliment.

"I had to leave for an emergency meeting, and I didn't want to wake you. I'd really like to spend some more time with you."

Addison clicked her teeth, "that's gonna cost you," she mumbled, continuing. "And knowing the kind of woman you are, I'm willing to pay extra."

"Atta boy," she smiled. "So until I get back, enjoy a shopping spree on me."

Looking to her right, she noticed that he left his credit card.

"Good looking out Elliot," she couldn't wait to get some new clothes.

As if her wardrobe wasn't big enough.

There's a knock on the door, "room service!"

"Coming!" Addison stood, keeping the sheets wrapped around her.

She walked into the living room from the bedroom.

When she opened the door, there was a man with a food cart.

"Breakfast for Addison?" he asked with a friendly smile.

"Come in," she moved, letting him inside.

As she closed the door, her phone rang.

"Orange Juice?" he asked.

Addison nods, "Yes, please."

She goes over to the couch where her dress and undergarments are scattered on the floor, her clutch included.

She picks up the small purse, taking out her phone. Surprisingly, it was Sarah. She didn't bother to call much since her older siblings never answered the phone anyway.

"Hey, you," Addison answered, tossing the clutch on the couch.

"Hey, Addie," Sarah's voice sounded hoarse and sad.

Addison mouthed thank you to the guy as he gave her a champagne glass full of orange juice. "Sarah, what's wrong?"

"Umm, I don't know how to say this, but, mom . . . she . . ."

"Mom, what?" Addison started growing concerned. "What's wrong with mom? Is she okay?"

Sarah's voice broke, "Addie, she died," her words rung in Addison's ears like a song on repeat.

The champagne glass and phone slipped through Addison's fingers, hitting the floor with a thump.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" the guy asked worriedly.

Addison shook her head, tears streaming down her face. He caught her as she fell to her knees, sobbing.

Present

That's how Addison found out that their mother died. A moment that changed her life forever.

Now, there she stood, looking up at the house that she grew up in. That's all it was now - a house.

Addison hadn't stepped foot inside and knew that it wouldn't feel like home with her mother gone. She should have come to the funeral, but she didn't have the guts to do so.

She also should have visited and called home more. Just like Melina, she couldn't remember the last time she heard her mother's voice, let alone said she loved her.

Unknown to her sisters, she'd been in town for days. She locked herself in a hotel, drinking, crying, and trying to find the courage to go and mourn with her sisters.

It took some mental work, but she mustered up the courage. Never coming back just wasn't an option.

Addison was shaking, so scared to even climb the steps. She feared what people might say or think about her.

Gulping, she went inside.

All eyes went on her instantly. She forced a smile as she closed the screen door.

To her surprise, everyone came flooding toward her - neighbors, old friends, giving their hugs and condolences.

It took everything in her not to cry. She forgot how loving her town was.

As she was receiving hugs, she noticed Melina watching her closely. For a moment, she looked pissed, but her facial expression softened to Addison's bit of relief.

"Hey, sis, " Addison greeted her with a hug.

"Look who decided to show up," Melina hugs her back.

"Please, not today," Addy whispered in her ear.

"Oh, don't worry, I'm not gonna get in your ass now. Probably later, though."

"I'm sure of it, "Addison chuckled, squeezing her tight.

Noticing Alex, she pulls away from her sister.

"Addy," he said with a smile.

Addison's eyes watered, "Alex." Tears slid down her face as he pulled her into a tight embrace. His chin sat right on her head as it always did because of the significant height difference.

Alex had realized that she left him behind too - her best friend.

The only man she's ever really trusted.

"God, you look so good." he complimented, ogling her.

She wipes her face, blushing, "thanks."

"Addie!" Mrs. Norwood came in for the next squeeze. "I'm so glad you came!"

"I told you she would," said her husband, Mr. Norwood. "Glad you're home," he took his turn.

"It feels great to be home," she pulled away, letting out a sigh of relief.

The hard part was over - for now, it at least.

Noticing she was missing somebody, Addison looks around, "now, where is -"

"Addy!" her younger made her stumble a bit by her abrupt hug. "I knew you'd come," she was crying.

Addison squeezed her tight, unable to hold back any more tears.

Knowing Sarah needed them more than anything right now is what got her there.

"You're so beautiful," she wiped Sarah's wet cheeks as they smiled at each other.

"Now that you are all here, it's time to read the will." Mrs. Noorwood ushered everyone into the living room.

Melina and Addison shared confused looks.

"I didn't know mom had a will," said the oldest sister.

They sat down on the couch with Addison in between them.

"She wrote one not too long after you guys left," informed Sarah.

Melina and Addison look at one another, sharing that look of guilt.

Mrs. Norwood stood in front of the fireplace with a paper and three envelopes. Everyone quieted down, giving her their full attention.

"This is a letter from Elise to her girls."

The sisters held hands, listening intently.

"Girls, if you are reading this, I am no longer here. I want you to know that I love you so much, no matter what. You three are one of my best accomplishments in life, and I'm proud to be your mom. To you, I leave the bakery. I expect you all to work together and keep up the business until you're wrinkly and old."

Everyone laughed.

"I also give you this house where I raised you three to be the beautiful, intelligent woman you are today. This leads me to my most important dying wish.  That my three girls live in this house together. I know that Addy and Melina have their own lives, but Sarah needs you. You all need each other during this time, even if you don't know it."

Mrs. Norwood's voice cracked as she fought back the tears.

"Melina, Addy, one of my biggest regrets is never telling you two to come home, just because I was too afraid to intervene in your lives. Well, I'm intervening now. I want you three to grow a bond that I was able to grow with Mrs. Noorwood. Some may call us best friends, but I call her my sister."

The three sisters look at one another. Moving in together made them nervous. They hadn't been under the same roof for a long time, and neither of them was the girl each other once knew.

"I know I can't force you to fulfill my wish. So, all I ask is that you at least consider. I love you three so much. Any time you feel down, remember I'm always with you, mom."

Mrs. Noorwood sniffled, wiping an escaping tear with the back of her hand. She cleared her throat, "and this is for you three."

She gives them the three envelopes. It had their names on it.

"Now I remember she gave me specific instructions about these letters. She said you do not open them until the time is right."

"When the time is right?" Addison scoffed. "Well, when is the right time?"

"She said only you'll know."

"Of course she did," Sarah wasn't surprised.

"And that's it," clapped Mrs. Norwood.

There was soft applause as everyone started to disperse.

Some came over saying, "I know you guys will do a good job at keeping up the baker."

And "if you need anything, let me know."

Even, "It's gonna be great having you and Melina back in town."

The three sisters sat on the couch quietly for a long time.

"So . . ." Sarah broke the silence. "Mom wants you to come back home."

Melina nodded thoughtfully, "yeah, her most important wish."

"Are you?"

Addison and Melina looked at each other, the question hanging in the air.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 2.1K 185
Here's a list of my favorite BWWM themed books that I recommend to you.
59.4K 544 5
A collection of endless plots, never ending stories and untamed imagination. Enjoy! *Mature audiences only*
543K 14.3K 70
The Title Says It All 😊🤪
1.3M 30K 200
Title basically says all!