only angel- harry potter

By foreverwinterlover

Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 42

487 10 3
By foreverwinterlover

The next morning Riley awoke early and stretched her arms. She was sleeping on the top bunk and looked down at the bottom bunk. Hermione was missing.

Riley yawned and quickly brushed her teeth and changed into one of Harry's flannel shirts and paired it with black pants. She then tied her long hair into a low ponytail.

When she came back from the restroom she saw Harry sitting on his bed pondering. His head snapped up when he noticed her.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were awake too," Harry said as Riley sat on his bed next to him.

"Yeah," Riley smiled.

"Hermione isn't here," the boy who lived noted.

"Yeah, it was hard sleeping last night because all I could hear was her crying," Riley frowned.

"I hope Ron comes to his senses soon," Harry sighed as Riley took his hand and squeezed it.

"Me too," Riley mumbled as she put her head on his shoulder.

Harry's heart fluttered. Every little action she did would have an effect on him.

He looked down at his beautiful girlfriend. Her long, curly blonde hair, her ocean blue eyes, her pink plump lips, and her long lashes.

He remembered in his fifth year when he would constantly stare at her after he broke up with Cho Chang. How he longed to be with her. He remembered how impressed he was when she would slap Draco Malfoy and how she would punch everyone without hesitation. He loved her American accent. The way his name would roll off of his tongue.

He was in love with this girl.

"You're wearing my shirt, darling," Harry chuckled as he gently felt the material of his gray flannel shirt.

"Oh, sorry you can have it back if you want," Riley said as she made an attempt to take the shirt off.

"No, no, I like the way it looks on you," Harry stopped her.

"Oh well I had nothing under this shirt," Riley smirked.

"Oh really well in that case," Harry unbuttoned her shirt and started kissing her deeply.

"You know Hermione could come back at any moment, right?" Harry mumbled between kisses as Riley stood over him with her pupils dilated.

She gripped his jaw tightly making him whimper.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?"

....

Harry and Riley went outside and saw Hermione sitting under a pine tree. The river flowed beside her. It was thick and muddy from the night before's rain.

Hermione's eyes were red and puffy as she clutched her beaded bag in one hand and the golden locket in the other as she sighed.

Noticing Harry and Riley, Hermione stood up wiping her tears, and extended her hand out for the two to take.

Riley studied her friend who looked so sad as she gently laced her fingers through her hand. Harry did the same on Hermione's left.

They disapparated in a whirlpool of darkness and then reappeared on a windswept cliffside.

Their hands broke free as Hermione stumbled backward, sobs racking her body.

Riley immediately went to her friend and embraced her while Harry turned away taking out his wand.

"Salvio Hexia... Protego Totalum," Harry mumbled.

After casting protection charms around the cliff, the three went back to the tent. Harry scoped the perimeter outside of the tent.

Harry could hear the radio crackle to life and Tiny Dancer by Elton John became clear.

The boy who lived came back inside of the tent and noticed Hermione crying and his girlfriend was a solemn look on her face. Riley held a polaroid in her hands.

He knew how much Riley missed Hazel and her family and how much Hermione missed Ron. He wanted to cheer them up.

"It's a Muggle station," Hermione's voice cracked as she looked up at Harry. She offered him a small smile which Harry returned.

Harry saw Riley tapping her foot to the beat of the music and extended his hand out for her to take. He extended his other hand for Hermione to take.

The two girls stood up.

Harry gently took the golden locket off of Riley's neck and tossed it on the floor.

The three began to sway to the music as they let themselves go.

Riley put her hands around Harry's neck and let him put his hands on her hips. He then twirled her in a circle making her grin. Her sorrows were forgotten for a moment.

Hermione shuffled awkwardly as she watched the couple.

Riley grabbed her friend's hands and started singing loudly.

"HOLD ME CLOSER TINY DANCER!" Riley screamed to the lyrics as Hermione giggled as she looked down at the blonde.

Their moving shadows flickered on the tent. They looked like puppets.

"HOLD ME CLOSER TINY DANCER! COUNT THE HEADLIGHTS ON THE HIGHWAY!" Riley spun in a circle.

Harry grabbed both of the girls and brought them into a group hug slightly swaying to the music.

Suddenly, the signal of the radio slipped away and once the static returned the music was gone.

Harry, Hermione, and Riley's smiles faded.

Hermione averted her eyes from the both of them and slowly slipped out of the tent.

Riley retired to her bunk and laid down staring at her polaroid again.

The picture showed Riley's first day of high school. She, Hazel, and Amira were jumping in the air with large smiles plastered on their faces. It was free dress day that day and Riley wore blue jeans and a red Fleetwood Mac shirt. Hazel had shorts and a sweatshirt on while Amira wore a jacket and black jeans. Her hijab was black.

Riley traced Amira's face. She missed her so much. And she missed Noah.

Tears slipped down her face as Harry joined Riley in her bunk and wrapped his arms around her.

"I miss them," Riley sniffled.

"I know, darling, I know," he cooed as he kissed her forehead.

"And I miss my mama and my dad," Riley cuddled closer to him.

"It's gonna be okay, angel," the boy who lived rubbed her back gently.

....

Harry sat on Riley's bed with his arm wrapped around his girlfriend who slept on his chest.

In his hands, he held the golden snitch studying it.

An idea struck him as he suddenly brought the snitch to his lips and then spit it out into his palm.

The snitch's golden wings stopped fluttering and words appeared on its golden surface. It read 'I open at the close.'

Harry gingerly moved Riley off of his chest and placed her on a pillow and then he kissed her lips softly and then slipped outside of the tent.

He was greeted by Hermione sitting outside by a tree wrapped up in a blanket while she read the book Dumbledore gifted her. The Tales of the Beetle and the Bard.

"You were right. It's like you said. Snitches have flesh memories. But I didn't catch my first snitch with my hand. I almost swallowed it," Harry told Hermione as he bent down and gave her the snitch.

She looked at the words written on the golden orb.

"I open at the close?" she questioned.

"What do you reckon it means?" Harry sat across from her under a tree shivering from the cold. 

"I don't know. But look, I've found something as well," she opened her book and put it so that the light outside was shone on the book.

Hermione pointed to the top of the title page where a triangular eye was pictured.

"I thought it was a picture of an eye, but now I don't think it is. It isn't a rune and it's not in Spellman's Syllabary either. And it's been inked in... somebody drew it. It isn't part of the book," Hermione said.

"Luna's dad was wearing that, at Ron- at Bill and Fleur's wedding," the chosen one caught himself.

"What do you mean wearing it?" the girl asked.

"Around his neck. Like an amulet. I didn't think much of it at the time. You know Luna she's always got some mad thing or the other she's carrying around. I just figured it ran in the family," Harry rambled.

Riley who had just woken up went outside and yawned.

"That's not very nice, Haz," Riley smacked his head playfully.

"Ouch, Riles," Harry placed a hand over his chest.

"So what are yall talking about," Riley sat in Harry's lap.

"This symbol over here," Hermione pointed inside of her book at the triangular eye.

"Why would someone have drawn that ina kid's book?" Riley shook her head.

"Both of you, I've been thinking. I want to go to Godric's Hollow. It's where I was born, it's where my parents died," Harry looked from the girl in his lap and his best friend across from him.

"Sorry Haz but I don't think that's a good idea with Voldy around," Riley winced as Harry frowned.

"And it's exactly where You-Know-Who will expect you to go. Because it means something to you," Hermione added.

"But it means something to him too, Hermione. You-Know-Who nearly died there. Wouldn't that be just the kind of place he'd hide a Horcrux?" Harry argued as Riley and Hermione glanced at each other.

"You have a good point," Riley nodded.

"It's dangerous, Harry. But I have to admit, recently even I've been thinking we might have to go. I think it's possible something else is hidden there," the brunette girl spoke.

"The sword," Riley said excitedly.

"Yes, the sword. If Dumbledore didn'twant it falling into theMinistry's hands but wanted you to find it, what better place tohide it than the birthplace of thefounder of Gryffindor himself?" Hermione stated.

"Godric's Hollow is the birthplace of Godric Gryffindor  I mean,  of course, it is. Obvious, isn't it?" the boy who lived grinned.

"Harry, did you ever even open AHistory of Magic?" Hermione eyed him knowingly.

"Probably not," Riley smirked.

"Tossed it at Neville once when he was snoring might've popped open," Harry shrugged his shoulders.

Hermione smiled and then rose to collect her books and blanket.

"Hermione?" Harry inquiered.

Hermione reached out and lightly stroked his hair giving him a sad smile.

"Don't ever let Riley give you a haircut again," she chuckled as she went back inside the tent.

....

That night, Harry, Hermione, and Riley apparated into Godric's Hollow. They were all clad in large coats, beanies, and scarves.

Golden streetlights glimmered along a narrow road leading to the center of the town. Christmas decorations were hung up on the windows of the small cottages that lined the street. Snow blanketed the ground and tiny flurries fell from the sky.

"I still think we should've used Polyjuice Potion," Hermione said as she had advised Harry before they had left the tent.

"Yeah, it's unsafe for you, Harry there could be Deatheaters lurking around," Riley warned.

"No. This is where I was born. I'm not returning as someone else," Harry looked at her as he extended his hands for the two girls to take.

As they walked along the street with their arms linked they saw a pub door open. Laughter and Christmas music spilled out of the pub.

"I think it's Christmas Eve! Listen," Hermione sounded wistful as the group paused to hear singing coming from the small church in the town.

Harry's eyes were fixated on the graveyard beyond.

"Do you think they'd be in there? My mum and dad?" Harry asked the girls.

"Yeah. I think they would," Riley smiled at him and took his hand as the three walked over to the graveyard. The singing from the church grew louder.

Harry pushed through a black gate and then let go of Riley's hand peering off at the rows of snowy tombstones.

Hermione paused at a tombstone decorated with lichen.

"Harry, Riley," she called as the two joined her at the tombstone.

"Is it?" Harry asked looking over at the tombstone.

"No but look," she pointed.

The tombstone read Kendra Dumbledore and her daughter Ariana. 

"Ariana Dumbledore?" Riley pondered.

"Did you know he had a sister?" Hermione looked at the two of them.

Riley shook her head firmly while Harry's face paled.

"No," he said angrily and then walked off.

When Riley made an attempt to follow him, Hermione gently grabbed her wrist.

"Let him cool off," she spoke softly.

The two returned at looking at the tombstones studying the names of the dead. Hermione stopped at an old grave and crouched.

"Lumos," she mumbled taking out her wand.

Hermione raked the light on the name.

"Hey Har-" she paused when she saw the boy who lived staring at the two tombstones intently.

The two girls walked up to him.

He was looking at the graves of his parents.

Riley slipped her hand into his which he allowed and let her rub circles on his hand.

Tears streamed down the boy who lived's face as Riley noticed this and kissed his cheek and used her thumb to wipe away his tears.

"My strong angel," Riley mumbled as Hermione took out her wand and used it to make a wreath of white roses in between Harry's parents graves.

"Happy Christmas both of you," Harry's voice was low.

"Happy Christmas, my love," Riley put her head on Harry's shoulder.

"Happy Christmas you two," Hermione mumbled as she too placed her head on Harry's shoulder as Harry put his arms around them both.

It was silent for a moment.

"Harry," Hermione mumbled.

"Yeah," he looked at her.

"Someone's watching us. By the gate," she said as Riley craned her head to look at a stopped figure that stood in front of the church. She was an older woman.

"C'mon," he pulled the two girls.

The woman hobbled past the pub where loud music blared and muffled voices were heard. The trio followed her.

"I don't think this is a good idea," Hermione admitted.

"Why? We look like regular people," Riley argued.

"Muggles who've just been laying flowers on his parents' grave," Hermione pointed at Harry.

"Relax. This is right. I know it," Harry shushed her.

The woman continued to limp down multiple cottages and then stopped at a dark cottage that's garden was overgrown.

"Oh my god," Hermione mumbled.

"What?" Riley demanded.

"This is where they died. This is where he murdered them," the chosen one's face was bitter as he touched the golden locket that hung from his neck.

"You're Bathilda, aren't you?" Harry asked the woman who turned around and went across the street into another dark cottage.

The three followed her inside.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Riley looked nervous.

"Riley, she knew Dumbledore. She might have the sword. Besides, she's barely knee-high toa house-elf. I think we can overpower her if it turns ugly," Harry reassured as the blonde shrugged her shoulders.

"There's something odd about her. And what's that smell?" Hermione sniffed.

Bathilda returned with a box of matches. She took one out and tried to light a candle but her movements were clumsy.

"Here let me do that," Harry offered as he took the match from her and lit up the candle.

"You have a lovely house, Miss Bagshot," Hermione complimented.

"Speak for yourself it smells like shit," Riley gagged as she then eyed a picture of Ariana Dumbledore.

"Miss Bagshot? Who is this man?" Harry asked. He was standing across the room holding a photo that was covered in dust.

The photo displayed a happy, young boy with rosy cheeks. He held an intense gaze with his blue eyes.

Bathilda didn't respond.

"His name. Can you tell me his name?" Harry questioned as the older woman walked over to him looking at the photo with a solemn expression.

"Can she speak?" Riley gazed at Hermione who shrugged.

"This is him. The one I saw in Gregorovitch's wand shop. The thief. Miss Bagshot, who is he?" the boy who lived interrogated Bathilda as Hermione and Riley looked at the photo.

Bathilda jerked her head motioning for Harry to come upstairs.

"She wants us to go upstairs," he told the girls.

"Okay," Riley said.

Once she made an attempt to go up the stairs Bathilda shook her head and pointed at Harry and then went up the stairs.

"She wants me to go. Alone," he looked at the two girls who had matching worried expressions on their faces.

"Why?" Riley ordered.

"It's all right. You stay here," Harry coaxed her as he followed Bathilda upstairs.

"That boy," Riley looked exasperated.

Harry followed the older woman up the stairs which were lined by what seemed thousands of books.

He entered a dark room that had a strong smell. He took out his wand from his pocket.

"Lumos," he mumbled as Bathilda's face stared at him.

"I hear it again, the Horcrux," Riley looked at Hermione as the faint humming of the locket rang her ears.

"Me too," Hermione admitted.

"You are Potter?" Bathilda asked upstairs in a snakelike voice.

"Yes," Harry answered in Parseltongue.

"I have something for you..." she said.

Hermione and Riley looked around the house.

"Oh my god, Hermione look!" Riley screamed as she pointed at Bathilda's sink in the kitchen which was coated with blood. Hundreds of flies swarmed around it.

"I think Harry's gonna be in trouble," Riley told her friend as she ascended up the stairs. Hermione followed.

Suddenly Harry saw Bathilda jerk violently. He looked in horror as the old woman's body collapsed and was turned into a vicious snake.

Nagini.

The snake striked him piercing his forearm as his wand was knocked out of his hands.

"Harry!" Riley screamed.

"Stupefy!" she yelled as she aimed for the snake but missed.

Nagini's tail swung which knocked Harry's legs from under him.

The snake jumped at Riley but she blocked the beast's teeth. Unfortunately she tripped and fell backward on her head making her eyes roll to the back of her head.

Harry rolled on his back gasping for air as the massive snake rolled on top of him.

The Horcrux on his chest ticked feverishly as the boy who lived roared in pain.

Hermione stood in the doorway of the bedroom with her wand cast at the snake. Red light came out of her wand and hit the snake making it whip around angrily. It smashed the bedroom window. 

Hermione blocked Riley from the glass shards. Harry covered his face as the red light that came from Hermione's wand made the curtains by the window catch on fire.

Harry reclaimed his wand which made Nagini uncoil in fury.

"Confringo!" Hermione shouted as the spell bounced off the walls.

"Get her!" Hermione yelled at Harry as the boy who lived dashed over to his unconscious girlfriend and leapt out of the window into a thick bush.

The mirror in the house exploded in a loud bang.

Riley stirred in Harry's arms.

"Are you alright, darling?" Harry asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm alright, but can we go back to the tent I need to sleep for four days,"

....

That was chapter 42! I'm kinda annoyed at tik tok because I'm constantly shadowbanned. Anyways I hope you all have a fantastic day!

xx Asiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 15K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...
343K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
15 1 11
All Emery has ever known is the four walls inside of her home in London where she lived her monotonous life. After finally convincing her father to a...
1.2M 30.7K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...