only angel- harry potter

By foreverwinterlover

Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 41

438 10 1
By foreverwinterlover

Over the next few days, many things happened.

The first thing that happened was Snape becoming the new headmaster of Hogwarts. The group heard this from the radio which stated that Snape's curriculum was severe and reflected what Voldemort wanted. In addition, they were adding two Deatheaters to the staff.

The second thing that happened was that while Hermione was searching for mushrooms in the forest she came upon the Snatches from the Ministry. Luckily, the protective spell that Hermione cast made it so that they wouldn't see her or any of the group. 

However, the leader of the Snatchers paused and sniffed the air. Fenrir Greyback, the vicious werewolf also stopped in his tracks.

"What's that? That... smell?" the leader asked.

The other Snatchers glanced about dumbly while Scabior, the leader retraced his steps until he stood directly in front of Hermione with his nostrils flaring.

Hermione sucked in a breath as she gripped the locket that was draped around her neck tightly.

Scabior pulled back with his eyes probing into the darkness as he and the rest of the Snatchers left while dragging bodies behind them.

"Snatchers," a voice said from behind Hermione as she spun around and her eyes locked with Harry who stood next to Riley.

"Good to know your enchantments work," Harry nodded.

"What was he smelling? He was sniffing around like a dog?" Riley questioned staring at Hermione for answers.

"It was my perfume. He could smell it," Hermione said worriedly.

The three sat outside on the ground shivering as Hermione sat close to Harry.

Riley didn't mind because she knew that she liked Ron but little did they know that Ron was watching from the tent with jealousy in his eyes.

"We have to leave. We're not safe here," Harry stated as he wrapped an arm around his girlfriend.

"I told you. Ron's not strong enough to Apparate," Hermione hugged herself.

"Then we'll go by foot," Harry stated as he looked down at Riley's fingers.

She wore that flower ring with pride which made a small smile come to his face as he brought her hand to his lips.

....

The next day, the group woke up early to travel.

The sky was a bright blue that was filled with fluffy clouds that morning. Deatheaters in dark robes fell over them.

The group walked towards a red barn that was full of skeletal remains.

They paused for a few hours resting there on the yellow hay with Riley resting her head on Harry's chest. She felt his heart beat repeatively. It was nice to forget just for a second.

But the moment was over and the group started walking again with Harry and Hermione upfront and Riley and Ron in the back.

The sight of seeing Harry and Hermione walk together made Ron angry and Riley could feel his bad vibes radiating off of him.

"I'm hungry," Ron practically growled which made everyone turn towards him.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I'm hungry," the Weasley looked at the others expectantly.

"Yeah and? We're all hungry, suck it up," Riley rolled her eyes. She had been annoyed with him and his most recent behavior lately and she wasn't having it.

The redhead glared daggers at Riley. She store him back down while putting one of her hands on her hips. Harry thought that Riley looked extremely terrifying when she was scary and therefore didn't do anything.

Hermione went over to Ron and examined his ragged bandage.

"Leave it," he hissed as Hermione rummaged through her backpack.

"Mum can make food appear out of thin air," Ron sighed dreamily.

"No one can conjure food out of thin air. Food is the first of the five Principal Exceptions to Gramp's Law. The other four are -" Hermione was interrupted.

"Oh, speak English, can't you?" Ron said sharply as he jerked his injured arm away from the bookworm who looked hurt.

"Bitch," Riley sneered at Ron who ignored her entirely.

"I said leave it," the redhead snarled as Hermione held the bandage in her hand.

She sighed and then put it away in her bag.

"It'll be dark soon. We need to find a place to sleep," Harry told the group.

"Good idea," Riley nodded.

"Yeah. Brilliant. Only, correct me if I'm wrong... wasn't that yesterday's plan? And the day before that? And the day before that? Walk. Sleep. Walk. Sleep," Ron chuckled darkly.

Clearly sick of his behavior Riley walked up to Ron who stood completely still. She took the locket off of his neck and placed it over her own.

"My turn," Riley stated as she walked away making Ron, Hermione, and Harry glance at each other in awe at her confidence.

....

"Oh my god!" Hermione yelled as she sprung up from the couch with her History of Magic book.

"What?" Harry asked looking alarmed.

Riley was cutting his hair with scissors in front of a mirror and he was extremely scared in case she messed up.

"Relax hun, have some faith in me," Riley mumbled as she snipped more of his hair. Her eyebrows knitted with concentration.

"I'll tell you in a minute, I don't want to disturb Riley," Hermione said politely as she watched the boy who lived's hair falling on the floor.

"Maybe you could tell me now," Harry said once Riley had finished his haircut. He pat his hair gently.

"Oh, nice job, by the way, darling," Harry complimented his girlfriend on his new haircut as he stared at his reflection in the mirror.

"Alright. The Sword of Gryffindor? It's Goblin made," Hermione explained.

"Brilliant," Harry said bluntly as Riley snorted.

"You don't understand. Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger," Hermione said which made Riley nod. She understood what the Gryffindor was saying.

"Okay," the chosen one still looked confused. Riley face palmed herself.

"You are so stupid it's so adorable," the blonde teased as she placed a kiss on his cheek making him flustered.

"Harry. You already destroyed one Horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets," Hermione tried to spell it out for him.

"With a basilisk fang. If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours," Harry joked.

"Don't you see! In the Chamber of Secrets, you stabbed the basilisk with the Sword of Gryffindor. Its blade is impregnated with basilisk venom," Hermione said as Harry let out a small oh.

"Now you're catching on," Riley smirked.

"It only takes in that which makes it stronger," Harry looked down.

"Exactly! Which means..." Hermione urged him to go on.

"It can destroy Horcruxes!" Harry let out a wide grin.

"Which is why Dumbledore left it to you in his will," Hermione said.

"You're brilliant, Hermione. Truly," Harry had a huge smile on his face.

"Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past the extraneous detail and perceive clearly, that which others overlook," Hermione spoke. She also had a small smile on her face.

"Hey, I wanna be complimented too, Haz," Riley stamped her foot like a child.

"I always compliment you! Well as always you're beautiful and you are also smart and funny," Harry smiled looking proud of himself.

"Yeah whatever chosen one," Riley giggled and then ruffled his hair making Hermione and Harry both laugh.

Suddenly the lights in the tent clicked off making Riley cling to Harry out of fear.

"The sword was stolen," the voice of Ron was heard.

The lights clicked back on a moment later and Harry, Hermione, and Riley all stared at a very angry-looking Ron who held the Deluminator in his hands.

"Yeah, I'm still here. But you three carry on. Don't let me spoil your fun," Ron said drily.

Harry glanced at Riley and then Hermione. Riley looked frustrated while Hermione looked wary.

Heavy pelts of rain began to hit the top of the tent. The tension was thick.

"Look, don't be shy. If you've got something to say, spit it out," Harry looked frustrated.

Ron swung out of his bunk bed as the Horcrux that hung from his neck glittered in the light.

"All right, I'll spit it out. Don't expect me to skip up and down because now there's some other damn thing we've got to find," Ron spat.

Riley bit back a comeback.

"Ron," Hermione said in a small voice as Riley wrapped an arm around her out of comfort.

"I thought you knew what you signed up for," Harry's voice was raised an octave higher.

"Yeah, I thought I did too," Ron looked mean as the light from the lamp illuminated his face.

Riley had never seen the two best friends fight. Only back when they were in their fourth year when Ron was jealous of Harry when he was forced into the Tri-wizard Tournament.

"I don't understand. What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we'd be staying in five-star hotels? Finding a Horcrux every other day? Did you think you'd be back to Mummy by Christmas?" Harry growled.

"No, I just reckoned after all this time, we'd have actually achieved something. I reckoned you knew what you were doing. I reckoned Dumbledore had told you something worthwhile! I reckoned you had a plan!" Ron's voice cracked.

"I've told you everything Dumbledore told me! And in case you haven't noticed, we've found a Horcrux!" the boy who lived was full-on shouting now.

"Yeah, and we're about as near getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them, aren't we!" Ron hissed as Hermione had tears slipping down her cheeks.

"Take it off, Ron. Please take it off. You wouldn't be talking like this if you hadn't been wearing it all day," the girl came in front of Ron.

"Yeah, I would. Do you think I haven't noticed the three of you whispering behind my back? Do you think I haven't guessed what you were thinking?" Ron's lip curled.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Riley looked exasperated.

"We weren't-" Hermione was cut off.

"Don't lie! You said it, too, you said you were disappointed!" Ron screamed.

"I didn't! Not like that! Ron I didn't," Hermione sobbed.

"Do you know why I listen to that radio, every night? Do you! To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name or Fred or George or Mum," Ron roared at the top of his lungs.

"You think I don't listen! You think I don't know what it's like!" Harry yelled back.

"NO! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'SLIKE! YOUR PARENTS ARE DEAD! YOU HAVE NO FAMILY!" Ron screeched making Riley wince.

Suddenly the two boys grabbed at each other's throats.

"STOP!" Riley yelled as she tried to take Harry's hands off of Ron's throat while Hermione did the same with Ron.

"Stop! Stop!" Hermione wailed.

Riley pushed Harry off of Ron separating the two.

"Go on then. But leave that," Harry pointed to Ron's neck which had the locket.

Hermione's eyes flashed with panic as she looked between the two as Ron stripped the locket from his neck and tossed it on the floor.

Riley swept down and grabbed it placing it on the dining table.

"And you?" Ron looked at Hermione.

"Me?" Hermione questioned.

Riley stood next to her boyfriend casting Ron a withering glare.

"Are you staying? Or coming?" Ron tapped his foot impatiently. 

Hermione looked anguished as she glanced between Ron and Harry and Riley.

"Fine. I get it. I saw you two the other night. Yeah, that's right. Didn't know I knew, did you?" Ron scowled which made Riley clench her fist.

"What? Ron, no please," Hermione begged as the Weasley whipped aside the tent flap.

The rain roared as Hermione rushed after him accidentally tipping over the radio.

"He's acting like such a bitch right now," Riley crossed her arms as she looked at her boyfriend who was glowering at the locket on the table.

A few moments later, Hermione appeared with sopping hair plastered to her face. Tears fell down her cheeks and her lips trembled.

"He's gone," 

....

That was Chapter 41. There was bitchy Ron. Anyways I'm extremely tired right now. Anyways I hope you all have a fantastic day!

xx Asiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.7K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...
429K 15K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...
1M 25.8K 33
Skylar Smith is your typical 15-year-old witch. She attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with her best friends, the famous Golden Trio...
597K 6.9K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...