Finding Out Secrets (The Cove...

By MakeAnImpactOnYou

Blair Salvatore thought she was moving to a new state, a new town and a new prestigious school, hoping for a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78

Chapter 42

1K 39 15
By MakeAnImpactOnYou

Chapter 42:

Pogue's grip tightened around me as his father stomped to the other side of his bed. I could see the fumes exiting the top of his head.

            "Dad, what's the matter with you?" Pogue huffed at him, trying to sit himself up.

            "I want her out!" Mr. Perry yelled. The booming sound of his voice not only shook the entire house but also the insides of my brain.

            "What the hell do you mean?" Pogue questioned. "What is the matter with you?" Pogue questioned, now yelling back.

            Instantly wishing I wasn't here and feeling the pulsing emotions from the boys, I grabbed ahold of the nightstand to pull myself off of Pogue's bed. Reid and Caleb tried to come over to help me but I refused their help, swatting them away. I wasn't going to stick around to where I wasn't wanted. I had only glanced at Mr. Perry when he had first came in and the look on his face was enough to want me to get out. With the amount of anger and hate that he shot at me, I could feel it to my core. I didn't care about the shooting soreness running through my body, I just wanted to get out. I was surprised with my desire to leave, my powers hadn't automatically kicked in and poofed me someplace other than here. Probably used them all up the other night.

            Pogue and his father started to go at it while I stumbled a few steps away from the bed. "Blair, you are not going anywhere," Pogue insisted, about to jump out the bed, but stopped for a moment letting out a painful grunt.

            "You see!" Mr. Perry's voice boomed.

            Ouch.

            I looked at the pain on Pogue's face as he tried to get out of bed. Though he was mostly healed, he was still dealing with some internal pain. It was all my fault.

            Slowly, limping backward towards the door, I motioned that I was going to be leaving. "I didn't mean for him to get hurt," I said to Mr. Perry, trying to help.

            "It's not your fault, Blair," Pogue replied.

            "Yes, it is! Everything that has happened is entirely her fault! If you had never been born, this would have never happened!" Mr. Perry told, pointing his finger at me. I don't know why but it made me stop in my tracks. That one cut deep into me. Not liking that I had stopped, Mr. Perry waved and screamed, "Get out right now!"

            His eyes were coated pitch black for a moment and that was all it took for him to send me flying out the bedroom. My body crashed against the wallpaper wall, sliding down onto small table and hitting the floor. My entire body tingled in agony feeling the throbbing sensation intensify. I felt the floor rumble beneath me as the group of family members came rushing towards me, but I raised my hand, preventing them from coming any closer. I didn't want to be touched. Not by any of them. I felt myself shaking as I pulled myself up off the floor. I could hear Mr. Perry being yelled at by numerous people.

            "Blair!" Reid came running to my side, gently grabbing a hold of me, checking to make sure I was okay. His blue eyes disappeared behind the layer of blackness. Looking past him, I saw Tyler standing between us and the rest of the family members. Inside, Caleb was standing right inside the bedroom, his eyes too were black, moving one of Pogue's dressers in front of the doorway with the wave of his hand.

            "Uncle Wayne, you are going to stay right there!" Caleb commanded, turning back to Mr. Perry.

            "Blair!" Pogue's voice came from the room. I couldn't see where he was. "Is she okay?"

            "I have her," Reid replied back, holding on to me. "I'm taking her."

            What just happened?

            "Reid--,"

            Knowing exactly who it was, Reid spun on his heels, his eyes still black as night and hiss, "Don't, dad! I'm taking her home. I wouldn't try and stop me."

            "I wasn't going to stop you, son," Mr. Garwin assured, stepping back from him. Reid's nostrils flared and he huffed at his father. "Reid, your eyes." Reid stood there, not moving, just glaring at his father with his coated eyes. He was now shaking, clenching his fists, he still hadn't budged.

            This is the addiction.

            He can't let go.

            "Reid," I calmly said, grabbing onto his wrist. I could feel the veins bulging from his skin. Pulling him back towards me, I reached to his tired, jaw clamped face. Guiding his face to look at me, I looked to where his calming blue eyes would be and said, "Let go, Reid. Let go." I could feel him struggling internally, the two sides of him fighting. One pulling away the other wanting to stay latched together. I cupped both sides of his face gently and told, "Reid, it's okay. Let go." After a few seconds, the blackness dissipated from his eyes, and his entire being relaxed a little. Though I felt relieved, embarrassment filled his eyes but that quickly changed back to concern.

            "Hold on to me," he advised before lifting me up bridal style again.

            "Text us when you get settled in," Tyler shouted as we made it down the stairs. The front door of the house swung open and I looked back to see Tyler at the top of the stairs, his eyes returning from the black coating.

            Reid set me into the car and made his way to the driver's side. Turning on the car, he muttered, "Let's get the hell out of this place."

            It was a short car ride over to Reid's parent's house. We were there in less than two minutes with the way Reid was laying it on the gas pedal. But it was probably only a ten minute with average speed. He parked the car in front of the garage door as it slowly opened up. Reid was still ruffing as he got out of the car and came to my side and yanked the door open. Without a word, he picked me up again and took me straight into the house.

            He took me up the side staircase that was in the kitchen very quickly. I didn't know where he was getting this speed from. In a blink of an eye, we were in what looked like a guest bedroom.

            "I'm going to start an herbal bath for you. It'll help with...," he started but then hesitated for a moment. "The pain." Not waiting for my response, he went straight into the bathroom he mentioned. I looked around the room, taking in my new surroundings as I heard the bathwater turn on and start filling the tub. The curtains were slightly open, letting in a little light but still keeping everything shrouded in a veil of darkness.

            "It's ready," Reid said coming out of the bathroom. He came over and helped me off the bed. My legs shook as I walked with his help. The pain shot up my spine and I just wanted to lay back down. Once in the bathroom, I rested against the bathroom counter.

            Bringing his fingers to his chin and fidgeting them in, he hesitantly spoke, "Umm... I'll let you get undressed and relax. I'll be outside. Take as long as you need."

            "Thanks," I said. "For everything."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Author's Notes:

Hey, darlings! I just want to say thank you for sticking with this story after all this time. I started this fanfic when I was in college and didn't have a consistent upload schedule (cause college LOL) and I didn't think that you'd would like it, but almost 5 years later here we are. I just wanted to let you guys know I appreciate you and it makes me really happy that you're still with me and this story after all this time.  I love reading your comments and I love that you're enjoying it so far. So I just really want to say THANK YOU 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

This is a side note, but I also want to say thank you for being so awesome that it made me comfortable revealing who I really am (Hi, my name is Bhavika 😊) and not having to hide behind being anonymous anymore. It makes me excited to be able to show my work as me so again THANK YOU ALL 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Secondly, if you didn't know, I have a YouTube Channel, where I talk about anything and everything. I decided to make a video on The Covenant and why it is one of my favorites. I would love it if you gave it a watch! I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think, who your favorite character is, anything you would like to say! Again, thank you for your support. See you at the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 410 57
Book 1 & 2 | Sunday Updates The guardians vanished 50 years ago, but now their power shows up in six unsuspecting youths... Sheltered from birth, Li...
7K 290 37
Warning: Violence, swearing, abuse, and other sensitive topics - Read at your own discretion --------------- Fate can be cruel. Especially when an...
16K 454 20
The Covenant fanfiction- by- BloodyWritingPen - 17k+ words march 2023 was the last edit, a lot was added and fixed, enjoy... Breaking the curse and g...
12.6K 514 22
Fanfiction from The Covenant Movie. Events set following the end of the movie. Synopsis After Caleb presumably eliminates Chase in a fight in Ipswich...