only angel- harry potter

By foreverwinterlover

Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 30

1.1K 20 6
By foreverwinterlover

Once Ron and Lavender started dating, the friend group was broken apart and Ron and Hermione weren't on speaking terms.

"I can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist. What Lav and I have, well, let's just say, there's no stopping it. It's chemical. Will it last? Who knows? Point is I'm a free agent," Ron had told Riley the next day during Potions when they were partners.

"Uh-huh..." Riley raised her eyebrows, acting like she was paying attention to his words while she stirred her potion.

At the moment, Riley sat in the library with Hazel, Hermione, and Harry.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less," Hermione said angrily as she scoured through bookshelves for a book.

Riley couldn't help but let out a snort of amusement, but quickly suppressed her laughter when Hermione shot her a glare. Harry, noticing the tension, watched with widened eyes, unsure of how to intervene.

"Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I had to make other arrangements," Hermione sighed as she finally pulled out a tattered book.

"Oh you did?" Hazel looked up from her textbook. Her curly hair was tied up in a messy bun and she was wearing her signature black-rimmed glasses.

"Yeah, why?" Hermione asked her.

"Well, I thought that because I wasn't going with George and you with Ron that we'd go together as friends," Hazel said.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Hermione groaned as she hit herself in the head with the old book.

Riley chimed in, flashing a grin at her best friend. "Don't worry, you can join me and Harry."

"No, no, you should go alone with him. I don't want to ruin your evening," Hazel wagged her finger playfully.

"Whatever, you bitch," Riley whispered to Hazel.

"Okay, you bitch," Hazel retorted with a smirk.

Harry, curious about Hermione's plans, asked, "So, who are you going with?"

Hermione's cheeks flushed as she replied, "Um, it's a surprise."

A dark-haired girl with violet eyes attempted to catch a glimpse of the group, particularly Harry.

"Looks like you've got a fangirl behind you," Riley pointed to the girl in a Gryffindor robe.

""That's Romilda Vane. Harry, she's been trying to slip you a love potion," Hermione stated matter-of-factly.

"Really?" Harry glanced back at Romilda, who had her head in her hands, gazing dreamily at the Boy Who Lived.

"Aren't you bothered by this, Riles?" Hazel asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, last year I had the same idea when Harry was dating Cho Chang," Riley smirked, examining her purple-painted nails.

"I—I mean, you—" Harry stammered, flustered, as Riley burst into giggles.

"Just kidding, silly," she reassured him, her laughter filling the air, making Harry's heart clench.

"Anyway, she's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One," Hermione rolled her eyes, dismissing Romilda's infatuation.

"But I am the Chosen One," Harry smiled cheekily which resulted in Hermione hitting him with her textbook.

"Okay, sorry, um... kidding," he winced.

"You better be because I won't hesitate to get up in that girl's face," Riley cracked her knuckles threateningly.

"Riley, how about you not fight with people. For once, honey," Hazel shook her head slightly.

"Never gonna happen, mom," Riley thrust her tongue out at her friend who returned it.

....

A few nights later, it was Slughorn's Christmas party, and Harry waited outside the Slytherin common room for Riley.

Harry wore a black blazer with a maroon-colored dress shirt and matching tie.

Glancing at his wristwatch, he noted that it was already eight o'clock.

Riley had assured him that she would be ready by this time.

Suddenly, the common room door swung open, and Blaise Zabini emerged.

"Oh, hello," he greeted awkwardly, his gaze fixed on the Boy Who Lived.

"Hi," Harry replied.

"I assume you're waiting for Riley. She isn't down yet, she told me that she's putting on her last-minute touches. Uh, you can wait inside if you want. I have to meet my date, uh good night," Blaise waved.

Harry observed the Slytherin common room, which presented a stark contrast to the Gryffindor's cozy and warm space. The Slytherin common room emanated a cold atmosphere, with shades of green dominating the surroundings.

"Oh, hi Harry! How did you manage to sneak in here?" Riley descended the stairs from the girl's dormitories.

At the sight of the stunning girl, Harry immediately stood up, captivated by her presence.

She wore an elegant, long gray gown that accentuated her arms, neck, and a glimpse of her back. A silver necklace adorned her neck, highlighting her collarbone.

Her eyes were smoky and her lips were adorned with a deep shade of red lipstick.

Harry found himself speechless, his hands becoming clammy as his stomach churned with nerves.

"You look amazing, Haz," Riley smiled warmly as she approached him.

"And you look absolutely magnificent," Harry murmured, leaning down to kiss Riley's lips.

The kiss sent a surge of butterflies fluttering in Riley's stomach.

Harry's hand instinctively moved to tug on Riley's curly blonde hair, evoking a soft moan from her as he smirked against her lips.

"Get a room, Potter," someone spat.

The two reluctantly broke apart, turning their attention to an enraged Draco Malfoy, dressed in a dark suit, his face burning with anger.

Before Harry could react, Riley grabbed his hand.

"Don't say anything, babe. It's fine," she reassured him, gazing up at him through her long lashes.

"Fine," he sighed.

"Good boy," Riley pecked his lips Harry's face reddened as he felt the blood rush straight to his crotch.

The blonde winked at him, taking his hand in hers and leading him in the direction of the party.

"Hold on! Wait for me!" Hazel hurriedly caught up to them.

She wore a sleek black dress with a tasteful slit down the middle.

"Oh, you look stunning, babes!" Riley exclaimed, rushing to embrace Hazel.

"Thank you, hun," Hazel smiled back at her friend.

"Are you going with anyone tonight?" Riley inquired.

"Yeah! I asked Luna to come along as friends," Hazel replied, just as Luna approached them in a sparkly dress.

"Hello, everyone," Luna greeted them with a smile.

"Well, shall we head inside then?" Riley suggested, glancing at the group, who all nodded in agreement.

The party was buzzing with excitement. Loud music filled the air as people chatted and danced.

Hazel and Luna ventured off, separating from the couple.

"Care for a drink?" Neville emerged from behind Riley, holding a large platter filled with beverages.

"Neville!" Harry looked surprised, wrapping his arm around Riley's waist.

"I didn't make it into the Slug Club. But it's alright, Belby is probably busy folding towels in the looroom," Neville chuckled, offering Riley a drink, which she gladly accepted and started sipping.

"I'm—I'm good, mate. Thanks," Harry patted Neville's shoulder.

"Alright," Neville nodded, moving on to serve another couple.

"Hey, isn't that Hermione over there?" Riley pointed to a figure with curly hair and a dress standing behind a curtain.

"I believe so," Harry confirmed, taking Riley's hand as they approached the curtain.

"Hermione, what are you doing? What happened?" Harry looked concerned, observing his friend's frantic demeanor.

Hermione wore a pink dress that accentuated her cleavage.

"I've just escaped. I mean, I left Cormac under the mistletoe," she whispered.

"Cormac McLaggen?" Riley raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised.

"That's who you invited?" Harry's face was twisted with disgust.

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most," Hermione revealed.

"Jesus, not this again. It's not the end of the world that Ron's dating someone else," Riley mumbled.

"He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant," the Gryffindor ignored her friend's comment as she recounted her encounter with Cormac.

"Dragon tartare?" a server appeared from behind the curtain.

"Ew no that looks like dog shit," Riley expressed her disgust while Harry stifled a snort.

"No, I'm fine, thank you," Hermione said politely.

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath," the waiter explained.

"On second thoughts, it might keep Cormac away," Hermione grabbed some of the food and stuffed it into her mouth.

"That looks disgusting," Riley commented.

"I'm with Riley on this one," Harry spoke.

"God, here he comes," Hermione said as she ducked under the curtains and disappeared.

"Probably for the best. It gives horribly bad breath," the waiter explained.

"On second thought, it might keep Cormac away," Hermione grabbed some of the food and stuffed it into her mouth.

"That looks disgusting," Riley commented.

"I agree with Riley on this one," Harry chimed in.

"Great, here he comes," Hermione warned as she ducked under the curtains and vanished.

A camera flashed from behind them, capturing Cormac's curly blonde hair as he came into view. He wore a smirk on his face as he looked at Riley, his eyes scanning her up and down.

Riley looked unamused by his stare as she crossed her arms.

"I think Hermione just went to freshen up," Harry said, tightening his grip around Riley's waist.

"Slippery little minx, your friend. Likes to work mouth too, doesn't she?" Cormac said as he took some of the dragon tartare from the server's platter and put it into his mouth.

Harry nodded at Cormac so he could go away.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What is this I'm eating, by the way?" Cormac asked Harry.

"Dragon balls," Harry replied with confidence, prompting Riley to burst into laughter.

A camera flashed, and Severus Snape appeared behind the curtain just as Cormac threw up on Snape's robes.

Riley hastily covered her mouth, while Harry began to lead her away.

"You've just brought yourself a month's detention, McLaggen. Not so quick, Potter," Snape said.

"Sir, I really think I should rejoin the party. My date—" Harry motioned to Riley.

"Can surely survive your absence for another minute or two. Besides, I only wish to convey a message," Snape waved Riley off.

"I can't though. I need him. I can't do anything without my man," Riley called in a posh Southern accent as Snape rolled his dark eyes in exasperation.

"Move along Miss Madden before I vomit," Snape said, his lip curling his disgust as the girl put her hands up in surrender.

"A message?" Harry questioned.

"From Professor Dumbledore. He asked me to give you his best and he hopes you enjoy your holidays. You see... He's traveling. And he won't return until term resumes," Snape said in a monotonous voice.

"Traveling where?" Harry asked the potions professor who walked away promptly.

Suddenly, Filch stormed into the party, dragging Draco Malfoy by the ear. The entire room fell into silence as they watched the blonde being brought in.

"Take your hands off me, you filthy Squib," Draco snarled, his voice filled with disdain, as Filch reluctantly released his grip on Draco's ear.

Harry approached Riley, who was squinting her eyes at Draco.

"Why is he here?" Riley whispered to her date.

"I have no clue," Harry whispered back.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party," Filch said.

"Okay, okay, I was gate-crashing. Happy?" Draco locked eyes with Riley for a split second, his eyes entranced by the way she looked in her dress.

"I'll escort him out," Snape stated, positioning himself next to Draco.

"Certainly, Professor," Draco hissed, feeling the grip of Snape's hand on his suit as they departed.

"Alright, everyone carry on, carry on," Slughorn urged.

"I'll be right back," Harry informed Riley, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead before hurrying after Snape and Draco.

Harry discreetly positioned himself behind a nearby wall, overhearing the sound of Snape forcefully pinning Draco against it. He could practically hear Riley saying "That's pretty sexual" with her signature smirk.   

"Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Draco's breathing was ragged.

"I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow," Snape shoved him against the wall.

"I don't need protection. I was chosen for this. Out of all others, me, and I won't fail him," Draco's voice echoed with determination.

"You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious, let me assist you," Snape's tone regained its composure.

"No. I was chosen. This is my moment," Draco declared, striding in the direction where Harry was.

Harry swiftly made his way back to the party, spotting Riley amidst the dancing crowd.

She was sweating, but her head bobbed to the rhythm, lost in delight with Hazel. As soon as she caught sight of Harry, she left the dance floor and approached him.

"Come dance with me," she urged, taking hold of his hand.

"Absolutely," the chosen one beamed at his beautiful girlfriend, his mind still lingering on Draco's cryptic words.

....

Christmas break had finally come and Riley's parents allowed her to once again stay at the Weasleys. Hazel and Harry were also coming. Unfortunately, Hermione wasn't coming because of the drama between her and Ron. At one point Riley did find Hermione a little petty because Lavender was a sweetheart.

Riley and Hazel occupied a compartment on the Hogwarts Express alongside Harry and Ron.

"Unbreakable Vow. You sure that's what Snape said?" Ron repeated.

"Positive. Why?" Harry replied, his fingers gently running through Riley's hair as she dozed off soundly on his lap. Her snores filled the compartment, joining Hazel's as she slept on the windowsill.

"It's just, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow," Ron explained.

"I-I worked that much out for myself, funny enough," Harry chuckled.

"You don't understand!" Ron exclaimed, but his voice trailed off when he noticed Lavender Brown's silhouette near the compartment door.

"Oh bloody hell," the redhead muttered under his breath, offering his girlfriend a feeble smile.

Lavender breathed on the glass of the compartment door, drawing a heart and tracing the letters L + R with her fingers.

Harry shifted uncomfortably, glancing out of the window and fidgeting with his seat.

"I miss you," Lavender whispered, breathing on the heart one final time before departing.

Hermione hurried past the compartment, briefly pausing to glance at the door. When she spotted the heart and initials, her eyebrows arched in surprise before she continued on her way.

"Lovely," Harry remarked, his gaze returning to his sleeping girlfriend. A small trail of drool escaped from the corner of her mouth.

He chuckled softly and wiped it away with his thumb.

"All she wants to do is snog me," Ron complained as Harry raised his eyebrows.

"My lips are getting chapped, look," Ron pointed at his lips as he went closer to Harry who pushed his chest gently.

"Then I'll take your word for it. So what happens to you? What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?" Harry asked.

"You die,"

....

That was Chapter 30! Holy shit I've written 30 chapters. Yay! Anyways I was arguing with people on tik tok today because they were calling this girl a muggle and I told them that we're all muggles and then they got mad. This happened on another video because this person was like would you be friends with me and a bunch of people said no. So basically I was telling them why are ya'll being so toxic why don't ya'll just not say anything and then they called me sensitive. And someone was even racist towards me.Sometimes this fandom is hella toxic. Sometimes it's nice to have other fandoms. That's why I have marvel as well. I love Marvel so much. I became a fan in 2014 around the same time I got into Harry Potter. Anyways I hope you all have a fantastic day!

xx Asiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

735 64 32
Yet another year has past in Hogwarts for Aspen Hale, a Slytherin student attending the school of witchcraft and wizardry, and yet another is coming...
329 69 38
Two Ilvermorny witches get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to represent their school in the Triwizard tournament, but along the way they find their...
3.2K 110 21
Madhvi Joshi has a very interesting last year ahead of her - Triwizard tournament and all - but that doesn't help her ever present thoughts about wha...
429K 15K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...