only angel- harry potter

By foreverwinterlover

Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 29

1K 26 3
By foreverwinterlover

Over the next few weeks, Harry and Riley kept their relationship private. They told their close friends of course but that was it.

Their secret meetings primarily took place within the cozy confines of the Gryffindor common room. It was as simple as Riley resting on Harry's chest while he lovingly ran his fingers through her hair. 

Amidst homework sessions, they held hands and found comfort in each other's presence. Cuddling became a cherished activity, and they couldn't resist stealing kisses even during Snape's class. They also managed to arrange secretive double dates with Dean and Ginny.

They would also slip away to hidden corridors, where they could passionately kiss to their heart's content.

Harry had gone as far as inviting Riley to his dormitory, where the two of them cozied up in his bed during the late hours. With her head resting on his chest, she could hear the rapid rhythm of his heartbeat. As the night progressed, they gradually drifted off to sleep, their legs entwined in a comfortable embrace. 

When they woke up, Seamus, Dean, and Ron wore smirks on their faces, while Neville's cheeks turned bright red.

"Oh, come on!" Riley retorted, dismissing their insinuations.

"We didn't do anything together!" Harry looked embarrassed.

The boys remained unconvinced.

"Why would we have sex with you guys in the room? That's just stupid," Riley stated firmly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, and we haven't had sex at all!" Harry's face flushed crimson.

"Not yet, anyway," Dean shrugged, a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

"Wait..." Ron glanced at Dean, his eyes widening.

"Did you and my sister...?" Ron began.

"You better start running," Seamus warned, as Ron chased Dean around the room.

Riley held onto Harry, giggling happily as she watched the chaos unfold between Ron and Dean.

It was clear that Riley was content. She felt happier than she ever did with Theo. 

Harry, on the other hand, was an incredibly caring boyfriend who always put Riley first. Whenever they visited Hogsmeade, Harry would make sure to buy her treats from Honeydukes.

However, one day, Theo walked in on them passionately kissing in a classroom.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, causing Harry and Riley to abruptly separate.

Their lips were swollen from their fervent kisses, and Harry's ears were tinged with pink.

"Theo? What are you doing here?" Riley asked, maintaining her composure as her boyfriend stood awkwardly by her side.

"So, I see," Theo scoffed.

"What?" Riley cocked her head to the side.

"Once you broke up with me you became the slut of Hogwarts!" Theo clapped his hands together, a sarcastic smile painted on his lips.

"Congratulations to the biggest slut at Hogwarts!" the Slytherin sneered.

Riley's confident look disappeared and a frown replaced it.

"What..." Riley looked down.

"She is NOT a slut what's wrong with you?" Harry looked angry.

"Theo, you're a jerk. You treated me badly, and you did the same to Daphne. Initially, I thought she was the problem, but it turns out you're the one being a complete dick," Riley snapped.

Theo walked up to her with his dark eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't talk to me like that, bitch," he growled, then forcefully shoved her to the ground with a loud crack.

Riley's blonde hair splayed on the floor like ink, and her shoulder throbbed with pain.

"Get the hell away from her!" Harry roared.

Harry confronted Theo, getting up close to his face and delivering a solid punch to his jaw.

Theo groaned and staggered backward, but then he lunged at Harry, gripping his shoulders in an attempt to overpower him. He tightened his grasp around Harry's throat, causing him to cough violently.

"Get off him! Stop!" Riley yelled as she stood up.

Harry managed to remove Theo's hand and retaliated by punching him square in the nose, resulting in a loud crack. The Slytherin fell to the floor.

Riley swiftly drew her wand.

Theo slowly got up, clutching his bleeding nose. Drops of red stained the cold white tiles.

"Alright, seems like the sluts want to play," Theo cracked his neck.

Before she could cast a spell, Theo unexpectedly sucker-punched Riley in the stomach, making her yelp. He then turned his attention back to Harry and struck him in the mouth.

Quickly regaining her balance, Riley aimed her wand at her ex-boyfriend.

"Stupefy!" she shouted, releasing a beam of white light from her wand that hit Theo squarely in the chest. The impact sent him flying across the corridor, and he made no attempt to stand up.

The Slytherin groaned, closing his eyes.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked, his eyes shifting from Theo to Riley, who appeared unscathed.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied, brushing off her Slytherin robes.

"Harry!" She hurried to his side, noticing the purplish bruise forming on his neck from Theo's grip and the blood coming from his mouth.

She cupped his cheeks.

"What?" he chuckled.

She gently ran her thumb over his bloody lip.

"Babe, your lip is bleeding, and your neck..." Riley's worried gaze trailed over his bruised, purple neck.

Harry glanced down at Riley.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine," he reassured her, gently stroking her cheek.

Suddenly, the sound of approaching footsteps echoed through the corridor.

"Oh, my goodness! Explain yourselves!" Professor McGonagall's jaw dropped as she took in the sight of Theo's motionless form.

"Professor, Nott was harassing Riley," Harry explained.

"Explain later. Let's get the three of you to the Hospital Wing immediately," Professor McGonagall placed a comforting hand on Riley and Harry's backs, guiding them to the Hospital Wing.

...

About a week later, the whole incident with Theo had been resolved. Riley had explained to Professor McGonagall about Theo's verbal abuse and physical aggression, along with Harry's defensive actions.

Professor McGonagall believed them which led to Theo's suspension from the school for two weeks.

During the first week of Theo's suspension, news of Harry and Riley's relationship spread throughout the school like wildfire.

The school buzzed with excitement as everyone discussed the new couple.

Harry's admirers were filled with envy towards the blonde American, often referring to her as a "lucky bitch." 

Hermione had informed Riley that she overheard some girls discussing plans to either poison Riley or slip Harry a love potion. 

Riley brushed it off, not letting the threats bother her.

On one chilly morning, the Gryffindor table was bustling with activity.

It was the first day of the Quidditch season, and Gryffindor was set to compete against Slytherin.

Riley had invested a lot of time and effort in coaching the Gryffindor team, and she was happy with the progress they had made.

"You did an amazing job as the coach this season," Harry complimented Riley, a smile gracing his face as she took a bite of her strawberry oatmeal.

"Psh, yeah, it was no big deal," Riley casually dismissed the praise.

"Well, I want you to wear my Quidditch jumper for today's match," Harry told her.

"Jumper?" Riley questioned, still unfamiliar with British slang even after all this time.

"It means sweatshirt," Hazel muttered, spooning scrambled eggs into her mouth.

"Weirdo," Riley teased, playfully tousling Harry's hair.

In response, Harry pulled out a large red and yellow jersey with his last name emblazoned on the back.

"Put it on," he urged Riley, causing her to set aside her oatmeal and slip on the sweatshirt.

The sweatshirt was oversized on her, causing Riley to giggle.

"Perfect," Harry whispered, planting a quick kiss on her lips.

"Aww," Hazel cooed, scribbling something on a piece of paper.

"Are you writing a letter to George, Miss Hazel?" Riley teased, peering at Hazel's paper.

Harry wrapped an arm around his girlfriend, pulling her closer.

"Hey! I'm trying to eat," Riley exclaimed with a mouthful of food.

Harry smiled and lovingly kissed her forehead.

"Yeah, it's a letter to George. I miss him so much. Hogwarts hasn't been the same since he left, you know?" the brown-skinned girl had a sad look on her face as she glanced at Riley.

"I feel the same way about Mimi and Noah," Riley mumbled, her head lowered as she thought of her two lost best friends.

"Yeah," Hazel muttered, continuing to scribble on her paper.

A loud commotion erupted at the front of the Great Hall.

Ron had just entered, wearing his Quidditch uniform and gear.

"Good luck, eh, Ron?" Neville smiled at the redhead, who nervously glanced back at him while Neville tossed around a football.

"I'm counting on you, Ron. We have two games on Gryffindor, ya?" Seamus called out.

"Be good, Ron," someone yelled.

"He looks nervous, doesn't he?" Riley nudged Harry.

"Loser! What's he wearing?" Crabbe shouted, eliciting laughter from the Slytherin table, except for Draco who looked like he was zoned out.

Riley shot them a fierce glare, silencing them immediately.

Ron approached the table and sat next to Hermione, who was engrossed in a Muggle book called Pride and Prejudice. She looked up upon seeing Ron.

"Slughorn is having a Christmas party, did you know? I was thinking of bringing someone," Hermione informed him.

Harry and Riley exchanged a knowing look, while Hazel observed Ron and Hermione with curiosity.

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen. He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?" Ron sneered as he peeled a banana and aggressively took a bite.

"Actually, I was going to ask you," Hermione replied calmly, returning her attention to her book with a slight scoff.

"Really?" Ron looked confused.

Lavender Brown approached Ron from behind and tapped his shoulder, causing him to turn around. Hermione's focus shifted from her book to the girl.

"Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant," Lavender smiled as Ron looked at her awkwardly.

"Hey, Lavender," Riley nodded at the girl with curly brown hair.

Lavender and Riley were partnered a couple of times in Potions and she was always nothing but kind to Riley.

"Hello, Riley," Lavender waved before scurrying to her seat next to Parvati Patil. The two began talking animatedly while sneaking glances at Ron every so often.

"I'm resigning. After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot," Ron lamented, covering his face with his hands.

"Hey! I will NOT have a quitter on my team," Riley jabbed a finger at the redhead who put his hands up in surrender.

"Have it your way, juice?" Harry motioned Ron toward a golden goblet filled with liquid.

"Sure," Ron shrugged.

Luna Lovegood passed by the Gryffindor table wearing a large hat resembling a lion.

"Hi, Luna!" Riley beamed at the Ravenclaw, who gave a small wave in response.

"Hello, everyone. You look dreadful, Ron," Luna commented, staring at the redhead, who remained silent, fixated on his golden goblet.

"Is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?" Luna looked around at the group with her wide, curious blue eyes.

Harry sported a huge smile as he discreetly put away a vial of clear liquid.

"Harry? What did you do?" Riley looked at her boyfriend, whose eyes gleamed mischievously.

"Liquid luck. Don't drink it, Ron," Hermione warned.

"That's not a good idea. You could be expelled for that," Hazel added as Hermione nodded fiercely.

Ron ignored them and brought the goblet to his lips and drank.

"Damn," Riley whistled as Ron let out a satisfied sigh.

"Come on, Harry, we've got a game to win," Ron said suddenly feeling spirited as he stood up.

....

The Quidditch game took place amidst harsh weather conditions. The snow fell heavily, and the wind blew fiercely. Despite the challenging elements, the Gryffindor team was performing exceptionally well, with Ron blocking every shot.

Riley stood next to Hermione and Hazel and watched Blaise Zabini zoom past with the Bludger. A bunch of Slytherin Quidditch members followed behind him.

The Gryffindors clashed with their opponents in a fierce exchange.

Blaise passed the Bludger to Theo, who attempted to score a goal but missed, only for Ron to catch it skillfully.

"Yes!" Ron cheered, his accomplishment earning an eruption of excitement from the Gryffindor stands.

"Liquid luck did wonders for that boy," Riley clapped, acknowledging Ron's exceptional performance.

Hermione shook her head in disbelief but joined in with enthusiastic applause.

"Look who's eyeing you," Hazel sang playfully to Riley, drawing her attention to Harry, who wore a grin as he soared on his broom.

"Weasley! Weasley! Weasley! Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" the crowd chanted as Ron saved yet another goal.

Ron cheered for himself dancing on his broom as the buzzer sounded and the Gryffindors had won by a landslide thanks to Ron and Ginny.

Once the game was done, the Gryffindors were in high spirits.

There was a party in the Gryffindor common room once everyone had changed into their casual clothes.

Ron found himself at the center of attention as people chanted his name. He wore a cheesy smile, basking in the adoration of those around him.

The Patil sisters showered him with red and pink rose petals, while Lavender Brown gazed at him dreamily.

Loud muggle music of Riley's choice blared in the background.

Riley rested her head on Harry's shoulder, their eyes fixed on Ron, who continued to beam.

"You shouldn't have done it," Hermione commented from beside Harry.

"I know. I guess I could have just used the Confundus charm," Harry replied, his gaze shifting to his best friend, while Hazel covered her mouth, amused by the conversation.

"He's calling you out on that one, sis," Hazel whistled.

"That was different. That was during try-outs. This was an actual game," Hermione tried to explain, her cheeks reddening with embarrassment.

Harry retrieved the vial of liquid luck from his flannel pocket, and Riley lifted her head off her boyfriend's shoulder, intrigued.

"It's still full?" 

"You didn't actually use it? Ron just thought you did," Hermione clarified.

The group refocused their attention on Ron who had Lavender creeping up from behind him.

Suddenly, Lavender wrapped her arms around Ron's neck and kissed him, prompting a cheer from the surrounding onlookers. Ron reciprocated by placing his arms around her waist and returning the kiss.

Harry smirked at his best friend.

"Where did Hermione go?" Hazel inquired, scanning the area.

"Damn it," Riley muttered as she turned to leave.

Hazel and Harry made a move to follow her, but Riley gestured for them to stay.

"No, you guys stay here. I'll handle it," she said, receiving nods of understanding from them.

Riley went down a flight of stairs, the sound of sniffling guiding her to a particular room. She entered to find Hermione sitting on the steps, tears streaming down her face.

"Hermione?" Riley spoke gently as she took a seat beside her fellow Gryffindor.

Yellow birds fluttered and chirped around them in a circular motion.

"Just practicing a charm spell," Hermione explained softly, her voice laced with sadness, while Riley reached out to hold her hand.

"I'm sorry. You don't deserve this. He's a fool for not recognizing how amazing you are," Riley comforted her, pressing kisses to Hermione's cheeks.

"How did it feel, Riley? When you used to see Harry with Cho?" Hermione asked between sobs.

Before Riley could respond, the door swung open, revealing Ron and Lavender, with the latter gripping Ron's arm tightly. 

Riley really liked Lavender but couldn't help feeling irritated by the timing of her entrance.

"Oops! I think this room's taken," Lavender said as she tried to grab Ron's muscular arm to pull him into another room.

"What's with the birds?" Ron asked the two.

Hermione stood up as angry tears continued to spill from her eyes.

"Oppugno," she said as the yellow birds started charging toward Ron in a violent manner.

Startled, Ron hurriedly made his escape from the room.

Hermione sunk to her knees and sobbed as she leaned on Riley's shoulder.

"It felt like this,"

....

That was Chapter 29! Yay! Also, I've been waiting for the next WandaVision episode. I am OBSESSED. I have loved Marvel since 2014 which was around the time I got into Harry Potter. Wow, that was seven years ago. Anyways I hope you all have a fantastic day!

xx Asiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736 64 32
Yet another year has past in Hogwarts for Aspen Hale, a Slytherin student attending the school of witchcraft and wizardry, and yet another is coming...
409 23 18
Rapunzel, Anna, Elsa, Hiccup, Merida and Jack find themselves accepted into Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry, it's time for the triwizard...
1.4M 44.6K 115
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜›๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ข๏ฟฝ...
1.3M 31.5K 71
โ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ ๐จโž Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...