Chasing Mr. Right [Complete]

By PrincessInJeans

Dear Zeke, magkakatuluyan rin tayo. Promise! Itago mo pa sa bato! * * * Join a feisty girl's journey on chas... More

First Chase
Second Chase
Third Chase
Fourth Chase
Fifth Chase
Sixth Chase
Seventh Chase
Eighth Chase
Ninth Chase
Tenth Chase
Eleventh Chase
Twelfth Chase
Thirteenth Chase
Fourteenth Chase
Fifteenth Chase
Sixteenth Chase
Seventeenth Chase
Eighteenth Chase
Nineteenth Chase
Twentieth Chase
Twenty-first Chase
Twenty-second Chase
Twenty-third Chase
Twenty-fourth Chase
Twenty-fifth Chase
Twenty-sixth Chase
Twenty-seventh Chase
Twenty-eighth Chase
Twenty-ninth Chase
Thirtieth Chase
Thirty-first Chase
Thirty-second Chase
Thirty-third Chase
Thirty-fourth Chase
Thirty-fifth Chase
Thirty-sixth Chase
Thirty-seventh Chase
Thirty-eighth Chase
Thirty-ninth Chase
Fortieth Chase
Forty-first Chase
Forty-second Chase
Forty-third Chase
Forty-fourth Chase
Forty-fifth Chase
Forty-sixth Chase
Forty-seventh Chase
Forty-eighth Chase
Forty-ninth Chase
Fiftieth Chase
Fifty-first Chase
Fifty-second Chase
Fifty-third Chase
Fifty-fourth Chase
Fifty-fifth Chase
Fifty-sixth Chase
Fifty-seventh Chase
Fifty-eighth Chase
Fifty-ninth Chase

Sixtieth Chase

12.2K 215 62
By PrincessInJeans

Happy Valentine's Day! This is the last chapter of Chasing Mr. Right :)

Play the song on the side for extra feels hahaha.

Sixtieth Chase 

Wedding Day. 

December 31, New Year's eve. 'Yan ang araw ng kasal namin ni Jasper.

I know, crazy, right? Sino bang baliw na isasabay ang araw ng kasal nila sa araw bago ang isa sa pinakamalaking celebration ng buong taon? E di kami ni Jasper.

This date is important to both of us because a few minutes before New Year years ago, was the start of the new chapter of our lives. It was the start of our love. It was like the planting of a seed. Nakatago pa sa lupa yung buto kaya hindi pa halata. But give it some time, some sun and some water, some care, soon, it will bloom to a beautiful flower. That's what happened on this same day year ago, the seed was planted. And now, on our wedding day? That seed turned to a big and sturdy tree with beautiful flowers. Our love blossomed and grew and is now stronger than ever.

"Charm." I looked up and saw Zeke. "Congratulations. Sa'yo rin, Jasper."

Ngumiti si Jasper. "Thank you." Pero nanlaki yung mga mata namin pareho nung makita namin yung singkit na babaeng kasama ni Zeke. He just came back from Japan last month. Inabot rin siya ng ilang taon doon. Over the years, we stayed friends and we talked to each other occassionally. Tuwing uuwi siya ng Pinas, nagkikita kami kasama ng iba pa naming mga kaibigan, sina Maggie, Dave, Aaron, Emma, and sometimes, Jasper. But now, he's back for good and we invited him to the wedding. He said he was bringing a date, yung babaeng nakilala niya sa Japan but I didn't expect it to be her.

"Meg?" Sabay naming sabi ni Jasper.

"Uh, hi guys." Ngumiti si Meg. We last saw her nung sem ender nung group namin on the first semester of my fourth year in college. "Long time no see. Hindi ko inakalang kasal niyo pala yung sinasabi ni Zeke sa'kin. Congrats, guys. I'm really happy for you. Noon pa man, bagay na talaga kayo," she told us honestly.

"Wow. Small world." Manghang sabi ko. Who knew she's Zeke's new girlfriend?

"I know. Mapaglaro talaga yung tadhana." Sabi ni Meg.

They congratulated us for the last time before they went back to their table. 

Our guests cheered as the first fireworks lighted up the sky. Hinawakan ko yung kamay ni Jasper. Our wedding day is coming to an end.

Our wedding ceremony was honest and heartfelt. We both cried when we were our saying our vow to each other. Our vow to love each other forever, to always trust  in each other, to protect and nurture our own family. To grow old together.

Our reception was also full of tears. There were speeches from our family and friends. And we listened, smiled, laughed and cried through all of them.

I met Ella's eyes from across the room. Ngumiti siya sa'kin and Jasper and I both waved. She's now happy with her boyfriend. I'm glad because she deserved to be happy. Marami siyang naitulong sa'min ni Jasper non even though she was in love with Jasper too. She really is Jasper's best friend, and now, a good friend of mine too. She winked at us and she started clinking her glass. Our other guests joined her and I laughed as Jasper leaned in to kiss me.

"Sayaw tayo, baby." Bulong ni Jasper sa'kin. He offered his hand and I accepted it. I let him lead me t the dance floor. 

You're just too good to be true

I can't take my eyes off you

You'd be like heaven to touch

I wanna hold you so much

At long last love has arrived

And I thank God I'm alive

You're just too good to be true

Can't take my eyes off you 

"I can't believe we're finally married." Nakangiting sabi ni Jasper.

I returned his smile as he made our foreheads touch. "I know."

Our relationship wasn't easy. Nagkahiwalay kami noong college and after that? Marami pa kaming pinagdaanang iba pang mga problema. Ilang beses na muntik na kaming magkahiwalay ulit. Ilang beses na sinubukan ng pagkakataon at problema yung pagmamahal namin para sa isa't isa. Ilang beses na muntik na kaming maggive up. But the difference between us and other couples who eventuallly broke up? We never did give up. We fought for each other. We forgive each other every time. And after every fight, we love each other even more. 

Our relationship isn't easy but no relationship ever is. Every relationship will face challenge and will be tested. It's up to you if you'll choose to hold on to your love for each other. Alam kong hindi dito natatapos yung lahat. Marami pang darating na mas malalaking problema sa'min ni Jasper and it will test our love for each other. But if there's one thing I'm sure of? It's that we'll always fight for our love no matter what happens.

"Hey, bakit ka umiiyak?" Nag-aalalang tanong ni Jasper.

"I'm just so happy. I can't believe I've been so lucky. I met you and somehow, you fell in love with me. Hindi lahat ng tao nagiging kasing swerte ko. To find someone I'll love so much and who loves and treasures me back. And now, here we are. We're a family now. And soon, yung pamilyang 'to madadagdagan pa ng mga bata, ng mga magiging anak natin." He wiped my tears like he always did for the past six years that we were together. "Sabi nga nung kanta ngayon, this is just too good to be true. That sometimes, natatakot akong magising mula sa napakangandang panaginip na 'to and realize that you're not true and this is all just wishful thinking."

"I sometimes feel that way, too. Lalo na noon? Nung kakabigay mo pa lang sa'kin ng chance. It was like a dream come true that it's hard to believe that it's not just a dream anymore. But everything's real." He took my hand and he placed it in front of his heart. I felt it beating so hard and so fast. Nakatitig siya sa mga mata ko and his eyes were full of love and sincerity. "Do you feel that? That heart proves one thing. I am real. And I really do love you, Charm."

I laughed as the last tears escaped from my eyes. I touched his cheek and I kissed him gently. "And I really do love you too, baby."

I love you baby

And if it's quite all right

I need you baby

To warm the lonely nights

I love you baby

Trust in me when I say

* * *

Xavier University Grand Alumni Homecoming. 

"Maggie! Dave! Una na kami!" I told them at niyakap ko sila pareho. "Congratulations ulit sa baby! I'm so happy for you both kahit pa ang dami niyong drama kanina." They both laughed.

"Cha, yung fitting para sa kasal namin next week ah. Wag mong kakalimutan!"

"Of course, I'll be there. I'm the matron-of-honor on your wedding, remember? Although, malaki yung tiyan ko  at lumalaki pa siya so baka kailangan nating lakihan yung dress ko." I frowned. "Magmumukha akong pakwan sa wedding pictures niyo."

Tumawa si Maggie. "Okay lang 'yan. Idaan mo na lang sa mukha at sa confidence!"

Tumango ako. "Ako ang magiging pinakamagandang pakwan sa balat ng lupa." Napatingin ako sa gilid kung san nagkukwentuhan sina Dave at Jasper.

"Yan ang fighting spirit." Natatawa pa ring sabi ni Maggie.

"Una na kami, pare." Sabi ni Jasper kay Dave at tinapik niya ito sa balikat. 

"Emma, we're going! Ikamusta mo na lang kami kay Rex!" Sabi ko sa kanya. Kumaway siya habang hinahabol yung dalawa niyang anak na tumitiling tumatakbo. Natawa ako sa hitsura niya. Makikita naman namin silang mag-asawa next week, pag-uwi ni Rex galing Palawan.

Nakita namin si Alexa, Aaron's girlfriend, na mukhang may kausap sa phone. I waved at her and she smiled back. I saw Aaron and Nicole in a table, talking. Nagpaalam rin kami sa kanila.

"You know, bagay talaga sila." Sabi ko kay Jasper.

Tumango siya. "Pero may kanya-kanya na silang buhay ngayon."

"Pero pareho silang di pa rin kasal. Who knows, right?"

Ngumiti si Jasper. "Yeah. Maybe."

"Tara, magpaalam na tayo sa kapatid mo." Hinatak ko siya papunta kay Tiffany.

"Tiffany!" Tumakbo ako papunta sa kanya.

Narinig ko si Jasper na nagrereklamo sa likod ko, "Charm, sabi sa'yo wag kang tatakbo eh."

Tiffany laughed. "Uuwi na kayo?"

"Yup!" Niyakap ko siya. "Una na kami! Bye, Ace!" Kumaway ako sa asawa niya.

"Take care. Alagaan niyo yung pamangkin ko." Sabi ni Tiffany. 

"We will, Ate." Jasper replied. I took his hand and we walked away.

"Zeke, Meg, mauna na kami." They both waved at us. Magkatabi silang nakaupo at nakahilig yung ulo ni Meg sa balikat ni Zeke. I smiled at them.

"Tara na?" bulong ni Jasper sa'kin. I nodded and squeezed his hand. 

* * *

"Huh. May atis ice cream pala ang Arce Dairy. Ngayon ko lang nalaman 'yun." Jasper mused as we were on our way to a drive-thru restaurant.

"Ang sarap!" Sabi ko habang sinisumulan nang kainin yung isang tub ng atis ice cream na binili namin.

Jasper looked amused as he looked at me. "San mo gustong kumain ng burger at fries?"

"Hm. KFC!"

"Last na 'to ah. Kailangan mo kumain ng healthy na pagkain, Charm."

"Yes, yes, I know." Ngumisi si Jasper at umiling. "Ayun! KFC na may drive-thru!"

"Yes, Ma'am." Sabi ni Jasper as he drove to where I'm pointing. We both ordered a set of burger and fries na may drinks. Pineapple juice yung inorder ni Jasper para sa'kin para kahit papano naman daw healthy yung kakainin ko. 

Tapos, he drove to our old school, sa Xavier University. The place where we met for the second time and where our story started.

I kept giggling and he kept laughing as we made our way inside the school. It's past 12 midnight kaya wala nang masyadong tao sa loob except for a few crazy joggers na hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit madaling araw na ay nagjojogging pa.

We went to the amphiteather at bago ako umupo, Jasper stopped para ilatag niya yung coat sa damuhan at sa coat niya ako pinaupo. Para daw hindi madumihan yung suot kong dress.

"Ah, I miss college." I said as I bit into my burger.

Ngumiti si Jasper at tumango. "Yeah. Ang saya makita silang lahat kanina." I shivered dahil nilalamig ko and Jasper rubbed his hand on my arms. He hugged me from the side.

"This night is so full of old memories resurfacing. I can't believe it's ending."

"Matatapos man yung araw na 'to pero sisikat ulit yung araw bukas. A new day to make new memories."

Sumandal ako kay Jasper and I closed my eyes. Pinakiramdaman ko lang yung hangin sa mukha ko. I listened to the birds and the sound of trees rustling around us. I opened my eyes and watched the small fireflies from afar. I let the peacefulness envelop me.

"New memories, huh? I'd like that." I whispered.

* * *

When we got home, dumiretso kami sa kwarto namin. Inilapag ko yung bag ko sa kama habang pumunta naman si Jasper siya sa sulok at binuksan yung home planterium na niregalo ko sa kanya for his birthday almost a decade ago. It was a cheap model dahil wala pa kong pera noon and I offered to buy him a better and new one a couple of times but he always refuses. Sabi niya okay na sa kanya yung unang niregalo sa kanya and that it's important to him.

Nakangisi siyang lumapit sa'kin and he twirled me kahit pa wala namang music. 

Tumawa ako, "We're dancing under fake stars without any music."

"So romantic, right?" We both laughed. "Casper?" Bigla niyang tanong.

"Huh?"

"Para sa pangalan ni baby." He touched my growing belly. "Pinagsamang pangalan natin 'yun!" Excited niyang sabi.

"Er, how do I say this? No. Ano yung baby natin, multo? Casper, the friendly ghost?"

Tumawa siya. "Ang taray." He looked up na para bang nag-iisip. "Hm, Jasper and Charmaine? Jane kaya?"

I wrinkled my nose. "It's cute but... I don't know."

"Ayaw mo?"

"Yeah, I'm not feeling it."

"Jasmine?"

"Jasmine?" I smiled. "I like it. It can be the name of our second baby."

"Second baby?" Nalilitong tanong ni Jasper. But after a few minutes, mukhang narealize na kung anong ibig kong sabihin. "Lalaki yung magiging anak natin?"

I beamed at him and nodded.

He whooped. Binuhat niya ko at iniikot. We both wished that our first baby will be a boy. We imagined our family years ago. We'll have three to four children. Lalaki yung panganay tapos yung sumunod siguro ay babae. Yung bunso, lalaki ulit. Tapos yung panganay namin, tuturuan namin siyang maging maalaga at caring na kuya and he'll protect his younger siblings. 

"Jam?" Tanong ulit ni Jasper after a while habang hawak pa rin niya yung tiyan ko.

"Palaman?" I jokingly said. "But I like it. Pwede."

"Jayden? Cameron? Caleb? Charlie? Jack?"

Tumawa ako. "Hey, we don't have to decide now. We still have four months to think about it. Let's take our time."

He grinned at lumuhod para kalevel ng mukha niya yung tiyan ko. "Hi baby, ako yung daddy mo. Excited na kong makilala ka—-" Nanlaki yung mga mata ni Jasper and so did mine.

"Sumipa si baby!" I exclaimed. Hinawakan niya yung tiyan ko.

"Excited ka na rin ba, anak? Kami rin ng mommy mo. Aalagaan at mamahalin ka namin. Tuturuan kita ng iba't ibang constellations. Tuturuan kita magbike. Tuturuan kitang magsayaw. Sasayaw tayo kasi yung mommy mo ang tigas ng katawan at di marunong sumayaw." Binatukan ko siya doon at tumawa siya. "We're going to be a happy family. Pangako ko yun sa'yo." And I wanted to smile and cry at the same time because seeing him talk sincerely to our unborn child warms my heart. Then Jasper looked at me and I knew that his promise was both for our son and me and the rest of our children. He'll take of us and love us with his whole heart. I could just imagine what the rest of our life would be like. It wouldn't be easy because life is never just easy. But it will be filled with happiness.

I smiled. "Yes. We will be."

"Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing, and work hard. The right people—the ones who really belong in your life—will come to you. And stay."  —Will Smith

The End.

================================== 

(3/8/15 UPDATE: May sarili nang story si Kael, it's entitled "Chasing Happiness" look for it on my works or click the external link)

Thank you for reading this story! I'm really happy that you loved Jasper as much as I loved him. Pati rin si Zeke minahal niyo. Sobrang nakakatuwa yun, I swear. But sadly, kailangan na nating magpaalam sa kanila. Pati sa baliw nating bida, si Charmaine Caballero hahaha.

But if you want to read another story of mine (naks, nagpromote haha) I'll be working next on a story entitled, "City of Light" next. Although ibang genre siya kaysa dito :))

 Thank you again! Bye! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 179K 75
Yung nababalita noon na kalahating ahas na nakatira sa mall at nangunguha ng tao? Sabi nila isa lang siyang mythical creature na gawa-gawa, hindi tot...
2.9M 118K 37
Sandejas First Generation: "I might wanna fly like a paper plane but in the end, I'd still choose falling for you." Leona Harriet Abelló and Ejercito...
106M 2.1M 50
Marriage is normally one's happily ever after in the movies, but for Aemie Ferrer-Roswell, it's just the start of a seemingly unending adventure. Can...
1.6M 56.4K 59
Gennica Tamara Arellano Cover is not mine. Credits to the rightful owner.