only angel- harry potter

Autorstwa foreverwinterlover

Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny... Więcej

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 25

884 21 20
Autorstwa foreverwinterlover

The following day, everyone returned to Hogwarts. Riley boarded the Hogwarts Express alongside Ginny and her new boyfriend, Dean Thomas, who was incredibly kind. As they made their way through the train, they encountered Luna Lovegood distributing newspapers.

"Quibbler! Quibbler," Luna called out to passing students, who largely ignored her.

Ginny and Riley paused when they spotted Luna.

"He's lovely. They've been known to sing on Boxing Day, you know?" Luna pointed at Ginny's new pink pet—a pygmy puff she had obtained from Fred and George's shop.

"Quibbler?" Luna inquired.

"Yeah, thanks," Riley replied, accepting the magazine and examining its pale pink and blue cover.

"Oh, please. What's a Wrackspurt?" Ginny politely asked, her face displaying confusion as she skimmed through the magazine.

"Invisible creatures. They flow into your ears and make your brain go fuzzy. Quibbler!" Luna explained as a few students walked past.

"I'll catch up with you both later. Try not to have too much fun in your compartment," Riley winked at them.

Ginny playfully slapped her while Dean struggled to suppress his laughter.

"And you too, with Theo," the redhead retorted, smirking as she raised her eyebrows at Theodore Nott.

Riley noticed Theodore Nott's curly head disappearing into the Slytherin compartment of the train.

As she entered her own compartment, she found Draco, Pansy, and Blaise squeezed on one side, with Millicent, Theo, and Daphne seated across from them.

"Hey, everyone!" Riley greeted them enthusiastically.

"Riley! Good to see you," Blaise responded amiably, shaking her hand.

"Theo, I've missed you so much this summer!" Riley exclaimed, leaning in for a hug. Theo responded with an awkward pat on her back.

"Where have you been? I've been sending you letters and trying to reach you all summer, but you haven't responded once," Riley voiced her concern, causing the other Slytherins in the compartment to avert their gazes.

"I-" Theo began to respond but was interrupted by Daphne.

"Really? That's really weird because Theo would always call me every day. He'd also mail to me too," Daphne batted her eyelashes innocently. Her brown eyes were sadistic.

Suddenly the compartment door swung open and no one came in which made Riley's strong face falter and break into confusion.

Riley's cheeks flamed out of embarrassment. 

"And remember that time we all went to your house, Theo? It was so much fun. Were you invited, Riley?" Daphne inquired, tilting her head to the side.

Pansy winced, and Draco's face remained expressionless. Theo fell silent, his guilty expression fixated on the distance.

"Oh, and do you recall when we went to the carnival? It was an absolute blast. What did you say you were up to this summer, sweetie?" Daphne probed the American with a condescending tone.

Riley had an intense urge to slap that insufferable girl into oblivion.

"That's enough, Daphne," Millicent sneered at the blonde Slytherin, who responded with an evil smile.

"Yeah, enough," Theo defended his girlfriend.

"We'll talk later, Theo," Riley said in frustration, running a hand through her long hair, and then abruptly left the compartment.

"Damn it," she cursed under her breath.

Someone grabbed her wrist, stopping her in her tracks.

Riley turned to see that it was Blaise.

"Hi, Blaise," she greeted him.

"Hey, I wanted to apologize for Daphne and Theo's behavior. I honestly don't know why he didn't invite you over that one time. And I'm shocked that he hasn't owled you either," Blaise stammered.

"Blaise, you really don't have to apologize for their actions. I'm going to talk to Theo later because I don't know what's going on with him, and I'm really confused," Riley sighed.

"Let me know if you need anything, though," Blaise offered, giving her hand a comforting squeeze before returning to the Slytherin compartment.

Riley made her way back to the predominantly Gryffindor compartments. She spotted Ginny and Dean in one compartment, and Ron and Hermione in another.

Deciding to give them their privacy, knowing about Hermione's crush on Ron, Riley chose to join Luna, Neville, and Hazel, who were engaged in an animated conversation about plants.

"Oh, hello Riley! We were just discussing plants," Luna greeted her with a smile.

"Hey Luna, I'm not really in the mood to talk. Do you mind if I just sleep here?" Riley asked, feeling the need for some rest.

"Of course!" Neville replied kindly.

"You don't even need to ask, Riles," Hazel opened her arms, welcoming Riley to snuggle into her embrace. Riley gladly accepted and drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile, in the Slytherin compartment, Harry stood still, wearing his invisibility cloak. Ever since the incident of seeing Draco Malfoy in Diagon Alley, he had developed a theory that Draco might be a Death Eater and was attempting to eavesdrop on their conversations.

Theo glanced at his watch, and Harry's anger toward the Slytherin intensified. He couldn't bear to see Theo hurting Riley and seemingly taking her away from him.

"I need to use the restroom. I'll be right back," Theo stated promptly before leaving the compartment.

A few minutes later, after some mindless conversation, Daphne stood up, catching Harry's attention.

"I have to uh...fix my makeup," the dirty blonde hesitated and then left the compartment swiftly leaving Draco, Blaise, Pansy, and Millicent alone.

"What was that? Blaise?" Draco asked, hearing Harry's shuffling feet. He stood up, trying to locate the source of the noise.

Harry cursed silently to himself.

"I don't know," Blaise shook his head, feigning ignorance.

"Relax, boys. It's probably just a first-year fooling around. Come on, Draco. Sit down. We'll be at Hogwarts soon," Pansy reassured, coaxing Draco to take his seat next to her.

"Hogwarts. What a pathetic excuse for a school. I'd rather throw myself off the astronomy tower than endure another two years," Draco snarled.

"Really?" Millicent mumbled, glancing at her dark green-colored nails.

"What do you mean?" Pansy looked at Draco with concern.

"Let's just say you won't find me wasting my time in Charms class next year," Draco rolled his eyes, earning a smirk from Blaise.

"Amused, Blaise? Let's see who has the last laugh," Draco stared at Blaise with malice.

Blaise stared at Malfoy like he was crazy.

As the train slowed to a stop, everyone began filing out.

Pansy, Millicent, and Blaise paused, waiting for Draco, who remained seated.

"You three go ahead. I want to check something," Draco said.

"Wake up, Riley," Neville gently nudged Riley awake.

"Huh?" Riley stretched her arms over her head, a string of drool hanging from her mouth.

"Sweetie, you need to wipe your mouth," Hazel leaned over and used a napkin from her backpack to clean Riley's mouth.

"Okay, Mom," Riley playfully rolled her eyes.

"We've arrived," Luna said, slinging her baby blue backpack over her shoulders.

"Alright," Riley responded groggily, grabbing her luggage.

Luna chose to stay in the compartment.

"Aren't you coming, Luna?" Neville asked the Ravenclaw.

"In a few moments. I think I've misplaced something. You can go ahead," Luna replied kindly, as Neville and Riley disembarked from the train.

"Hey, Riley, have you seen Harry?" Hermione inquired, looking at the blonde.

"No, I haven't," Riley replied.

"He's probably on the platform. Come on," Ron said, grabbing Hermione's arm.

"I'll wait for him. You can go with them, Neville," Riley smiled at him.

Neville caught up with Ron and Hermione.

"You too, Hazel," Riley said.

"Are you sure?" Hazel asked her best friend.

"Yeah, and I know you miss George. I saw that wistful glance," Riley pinched Hazel's cheek.

"Yeah, I do. Anyways, I'll see you back in the Great Hall," Hazel waved.

Suddenly, the train's curtains abruptly closed.

"What the fuck?" Riley questioned.

....

"Didn't Mummy ever tell you it was rude to eavesdrop, Potter?" Draco taunted, drawing his wand.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Draco pointed his wand at the luggage compartment above him.

There was a loud thumping sound.

"Oh yeah... She was already dead before you could wipe the drool off your chin," the Slytherin growled, removing Harry's invisibility cloak.

Harry stood motionless on the ground, unable to move.

Draco stomped his foot on Harry's nose, causing blood to stream out.

"That's for my father. Enjoy your trip back to London," Draco put the invisibility cloak back on Harry, took his bags, and left the train.

Riley stood impatiently on the platform, tapping her foot when Draco passed by.

"Hey, Draco," she called out, causing the bleach blonde to pause and acknowledge her.

"Have you seen Harry?" she asked him.

"No, I haven't," Draco responded, clearing his throat.

"Well, thanks anyway I guess," Riley shrugged, preparing to walk away.

Draco grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Wait, I just wanted to say something," he said.

"Go on," Riley flicked her wrist, signaling him to continue.

"I wanted to apologize for all the inappropriate things I've done to you and the vulgar things I've said," Draco apologized sincerely.

"Wow, um, Draco. That's really nice of you, but are you okay?" Riley looked genuinely concerned.

Draco extended his hand to her.

"A truce?" he asked her.

She shook his hand.

"Yeah, of course, Draco," she smiled as he walked off.

That was really mature of him Riley thought. Go Malfoy.

....

Harry remained paralyzed on the floor for an agonizing hour. He desperately longed to move, feeling the ache in his nose from Draco's brutal stomp. Dried blood covered his nose and stained his shirt.

After a few minutes, Luna Lovegood entered the Slytherin compartment. She wore bright pink glasses with blue and pink lenses and carried baby blue Quibbler magazines.

Luna glanced down at the motionless Harry on the floor and swiftly took out her wand.

"Finite!" she exclaimed, causing the invisibility cloak draped over Harry to be flung out of sight.

Slowly, Harry began to rise.

"Hello, Harry!" Luna greeted cheerfully, while Harry groaned in response.

"Luna, how did you know where I was?" Harry inquired.

"Wrapspurts. Your head is full of them," she replied, as they disembarked from the train.

The outside was enveloped in darkness, illuminated by the glow of a full moon.

"Sorry I made you miss the carriages, Luna," Harry apologized as they made their way towards the castle.

"That's alright. It felt like being with a friend," Luna smiled warmly at the Boy Who Lived.

"Well, I am your friend, Luna," Harry affirmed, looking at her.

"That's nice," the Ravenclaw responded softly.

"Harry James Potter!" Riley stormed toward them, her beautiful face displaying an expression of anger.

"Where have you-" Riley scolded, but then noticed his bloodied nose.

"What happened to you?" Riley asked, holding his cheeks to examine his injured nose.

Harry fought the blush rising to his face. This was the closest he had been to her since their kiss the previous year. He craved her touch, longing for her to run her fingers through his hair and kiss him all over.

"Oh, about time. I've been searching everywhere for you three. Right... Names?" Professor Flitwick approached the trio and opened a parchment.

"Professor Flitwick, you've known me for five years," Harry expressed surprise.

"Yeah, what's the point of this?" Riley crossed her arms.

"No exceptions, Potter and Madden," Flitwick stated firmly.

"You literally just said our names..." Riley deadpanned as Flitwick shot her an icy stare.

"Who are those people?" Luna pointed to a group huddled in a corner.

"They're Aurors for security," Flitwick explained, while Filch inspected Draco Malfoy's belongings.

"What's this cane here?" Filch asked Draco suspiciously, holding a jet-black cane.

"It's not a cane, you cretin. It's a walking stick," Draco sneered at the caretaker.

"Ah, there's the Draco Malfoy I know," Riley clicked her tongue.

"And what exactly will you be doing with this... could be interpreted as an offensive weapon?" Filch interrogated Draco, his face etched with anger.

"It's alright, Mr. Filch. I can vouch for Mr. Malfoy," Severus Snape intervened, placing a hand on Draco's shoulder.

Draco collected his belongings and glanced at Harry.

"Nice face, Potter," Draco smirked, then left with the potions professor.

"Seriously, Malfoy!" Riley called after him.

"Would you like me to fix it for you? Personally, I think you look rather... devil-may-care this way, but... It's up to you," Luna turned to face Harry, pulling out her wand.

"Well, have you ever fixed a nose before?" Harry asked Luna, uncertain.

"No, but I've mended several toes... and how different can they really be?" Luna replied.

"I guess," Riley chuckled, observing Harry's mock horror-stricken expression.

"Um, alright then. Give it a go," Harry agreed.

"Episkey!" Luna flicked her wand.

A bone-crunching sound echoed, and Harry let out a loud grunt, causing Riley to wince.

"Are you okay?" Riley placed her hand on his back.

"I'm fine. How do I look?" Harry inquired.

"Exceptionally ordinary," Luna exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Yup, she said it better than I could," Riley chimed in, placing her arm around Luna.

"Brilliant!" Harry exclaimed with relief.

....

"Hermione... he'll be here in a minute," Ron mumbled with a mouth full of bright red jello.

Hermione's face twisted in disgust as she looked at him.

Ginny sat across from them, accompanied by Dean, both wearing matching grins. Hazel sat next to Ron, shaking her head slightly while sporting a faint smile.

"Will you stop eating? Your best friend is missing," Hermione chastised, hitting Ron with her large textbooks.

"Why won't you turn around, you lunatic?" Ron sneered as Harry and Riley approached the Gryffindor table.

"He's covered in blood again. Why is it that he's always covered in blood?" Ginny asked her boyfriend, who shrugged and squinted at Harry.

"Looks like it's his own this time," Ron remarked as Harry and Riley took their seats.

"Where have you been? What happened to your face?" Hermione pressed, while Harry took a sip of water.

"Later. What did I miss?" Harry inquired.

"The Sorting Hat says we ought to be brave and strong in these troubled times. Easy for it to say, though. It's just a hat, isn't it?" Ron questioned.

"Hey, Riley, why aren't you sitting with your boyfriend?" Dean asked the blonde.

"Do you not enjoy my presence, Dean?" Riley teased.

Dean rolled his eyes and put his arm around Ginny, who smiled warmly and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I do, but last year you were always with him," Dean commented.

Riley reminisced about the times when she would kiss Theo all over and spend every moment talking to him.

She missed him.

"We're in... we have a little disagreement right now," Riley frowned.

Harry tried to hide his smile.

"Aw, what happened?" Hazel asked, looking concerned.

"I honestly don't know yet. I'm going to talk to him after dinner," Riley informed her.

"Here, Harry, let me help," Riley offered, taking a white napkin and gently pressing it against his bloody nose.

She felt someone's intense gaze on her.

When she turned, she saw Theo glaring at her.

"What the hell-" Riley began, but Dumbledore's voice interrupted her, drawing her attention to the podium.

"Good evening, everyone. Thank you," Dumbledore acknowledged the applause.

"First, let me introduce the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape," Dumbledore announced, prompting applause from the Slytherin table and causing Harry to bury his head in his hands.

"As you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man who, like you, sat in this very hall, walked these castle corridors, and slept under its roof. To all the world, he seemed like any other student. His name was Tom Riddle," the atmosphere in the hall grew cold as the children's faces turned pale.

"Today, of course, he is known all over the world by another name. And as I stand here tonight, looking out at all of you, I am reminded of a sobering fact," Dumbledore continued.

"Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, the greatest weapon we have is all of you. Just something to think about. Now off to bed, pip-pip," Dumbledore concluded.

The tables began to disperse.

"Well, that was cheerful," Ron muttered.

"Well I'll see you all later," Riley waved as she joined the students in green.

"Bye, Riley," Harry smiled at her.

Once Riley entered the Slytherin common room, it was nearly empty except for the main Slytherin gang, consisting of Millicent, Pansy, Blaise, Theo, and apparently Daphne. 

Draco Malfoy was noticeably absent.

"Riley, come join us," Millicent gestured to a seat next to her.

"I really want to, but I need to talk to Theo for a second," Riley said, looking at Theo, whose legs were draped over a table. Daphne sat next to him, which made Riley's blood boil. 

Daphne smirked at her and sarcastically waved.

Riley responded with an equally sarcastic wave.

"Sure," Theo agreed, getting up.

The two of them left the common room.

"So, what do you need?" Theo avoided eye contact.

"Theo, what's going on with you? You didn't talk to me once all summer, and you didn't even invite me to your house. That's a bit harsh," Riley rubbed her eyes and looked up at him.

He still didn't meet her gaze.

"Riley, I think you're being a little dramatic," Theo's voice carried a hint of anger.

"Whoa, why are you getting angry?" Riley scoffed, shocked. She self-consciously tucked a strand of her long hair behind her ear.

"Look, who cares if I didn't contact you?" Theo sneered.

Riley struggled to keep her emotions in check as she bit her lip from yelling at him.

"I have plenty of reasons why I didn't reach out. First of all, you're too clingy. Second, you cry all the time. I mean, the first time I met you, you were sobbing. Third, I have no-" Theo paused when he noticed tears streaming down his girlfriend's face.

He took a deep breath and walked over to her, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"I'm really sorry, Riles. I didn't mean what I just said, okay? Daphne has been telling me all summer to avoid you. I should have known better than to trust my ex over my amazing girlfriend. I love you so much, baby," Theo wiped away her tears and kissed her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, Riley," he apologized, embracing her.

Riley noticed Daphne's head poking out from behind a corner.

She responded by sticking her middle finger up at her. Surprisingly, Daphne smirked, appearing unfazed. 

Riley was left feeling confused.

"It's okay, babe. Shall we head back to the dorms?" Riley asked her boyfriend.

Theo scratched the back of his head, contemplating his answer.

"Yeah I'll be back in a bit I just have to do something," Theo said.

"I'll see you later though," he whispered, planting a kiss on her lips.

"Ugh, I've missed that," Theo groaned.

Riley giggled, though his hurtful words from earlier still lingered in her heart.

"Anyways, I'll see you soon, yeah?" the Slytherin boy smiled.

"Yeah," Riley replied as she walked back into the dormitory.

"Are you okay?" Millicent asked the blonde, noticing a few stray tears on her cheeks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But, uh, have you guys seen Daphne?" Riley inquired.

"Oh, she left a few minutes ago," Blaise informed her.

"Really? Where did she go?" Riley placed her hands on her hips.

"Not sure, but she left the common room," Pansy chimed in.

"Thanks, guys. I'm going to bed now. Enjoy your night," Riley waved to them.

As Riley made her way up the stairs, she overheard Millicent speaking.

"Man, I feel so bad for Riley. I have a bad feeling that Theo is cheating on her with Daphne. She's already been through so much, and I don't want her to get hurt," Millicent expressed her concern.

"But Theo is one of the sweetest Slytherins, besides Blaise, of course," Pansy countered.

"I don't know, it does seem a little suspicious. It happened on the train too when they both went to the bathroom at the same time. And in the hall, they both had disheveled hair, and Daphne's makeup was smeared," Blaise added.

"I don't know, maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions unless we have solid proof," Pansy suggested.

Riley reached the top of the stairs and let out a sigh.

She changed into her pajamas, brushed her teeth, and removed her makeup. Then, she plopped onto her bed.

Peaches sat on the windowsill dozing off.

Riley couldn't shake off her suspicions about her boyfriend. She had developed strong feelings for him over the summer, although not as strong as her feelings for Harry. But there was still a deep love for her boyfriend.

Riley snuggled her pillow close to her face and drifted off to sleep, hoping to find clarity in her dreams.

....

That was Chapter 25! Yuh I don't have much to say except I'm still shadowbanned on tik tok :( I hope you all have a great day.

xx Asiya

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

585 58 32
Two friends from different families were once a Beauxbaton students but then transferred to another school; Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardr...
34.1K 516 37
{Started: 30/01/2020 Finshed:15/03/2020} "Why did you left? Why did you left me?" Draco asked while rubbing fingers through her hair "I had to. I cou...
653K 14.4K 45
Everybody in the Wizard World seems to know The Boy Who Lived, but nobody ever heard of his little sister untill she goes to Hogwarts. She finds out...
1.1K 31 41
After a fun and eventful Summer, Y/N is going to face some challenges during her fourth year at Hogwarts. Challenges that will force her to question...