The Raven's Source

By NellaCory

Ever since the village of Sundres became his "home," life faired mostly normal for Shej. And why wouldn't it... More

Author's Note & Trigger Warnings
Name Pronunciations
Chapter 1 - The Lost Boy
Chapter 2 - Secrets
Chapter 3 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 4 - Coming of Age
Chapter 6 - Slug
Chapter 7 - Nightmares
Chapter 8 - Love that Burns
Chapter 9 - Taboo
Chapter 10 - Leaving the Nest
Chapter 11 - Saorsa
Chapter 12 - Shej's Sin
Chapter 13 - Pure
Chapter 14 - Celebrations
Chapter 15 - Distracted
Chapter 16 - A Darker Night
Chapter 17 - Visitor
Chapter 18 - The Gift
Chapter 19 - Yaya
Chapter 20 - Fears
Chapter 21 - Vanished
Chapter 22 - Tears in the Rain
Chapter 23 - Extinguished Flames
Chapter 24 - Peach Cobbler
Chapter 25 - Game Plan
Chapter 26 - The Missing
Chapter 27 - Pacted
Chapter 28 - Surprises
Chapter 29 - Holiday Gala
Chapter 30 - Death of a Raven
Chapter 31 - Hollow
Chapter 32 - A New Day
Chapter 33 - The Guardian's Daughter
Chapter 34 - Reminisce of a Raven
Chapter 35 - A Brief Hello
Chapter 36 - Secrets & Lies
Chapter 37 - Evil's Plan
Chapter 38 - Anger Issues
Chapter 39 - Hot Water
Chapter 40 - Family
Chapter 41 - Bad Ideas
Chapter 42 - Dawn of Goodbye
Chapter 43 - Funeral of a Raven
Chapter 44 - Danger in the Woods
Chapter 45 - Healed
Chapter 46 - Bend and Break
Chapter 47 - Broken
Chapter 48 - Confessions of a Raven
Chapter 49 - Premonitions
Chapter 50 - Visions of the Free
Chapter 51 - The Truth
Chapter 52 - Blood & Frenzy
Chapter 53 - A New Battle
Chapter 54 - New Year
Chapter 55 - Breaking the News
Chapter 56 - Life & Death
Chapter 57 - Otherworld
Chapter 58 - Good Morning
Chapter 59 - The Façade
Chapter 60 - Falling Apart
Chapter 61 - Isla Sera
Chapter 62 - The Raven
The Raven's Reflection

Chapter 5 - Fighting Demons

7 0 0
By NellaCory

Once the night was over and people had left, Leena and Shej stood in the middle of their trashed living room, looking around at the aftermath. Shej sighed, noticing Twyn sitting on a barstool in the kitchen, leaning over onto the counter. He had switched from juice to hard alcohol at some point in the night, and Shej was certain it was after he toyed with him. He began to feel a little guilty.

"Do you think he's blacked out?" Leena asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm pretty certain. Come on, let's get this cleaned up real quick." Shej closed his eyes and held his hands out, palms out away from himself as Leena wrapped her arms around his middle. Cups and plates started to vanish into thin air, any leftover food began to levitate and put itself away. Within minutes, their home was spotless again. The small clock on their fireplace mantle softly chimed two times. "Two o'clock. We should head to bed, I didn't realize the party was going to last this late."

"Should we move Twyn to his bed?"

"I've tried before. If he wakes up, he starts swinging."

Shej walked into his and Twyn's room and began to take off his tie. As he dropped it on his bed he stopped, eyeing it lying there. This was Twyn's room now, as he would now share Leena's much more plush bed. He sighed softly, a little nervous about this new arrangement and how quickly it happened. He hadn't planned for this. He grabbed a few small things from his bedside table and stuffed them in his pockets before stepping back out into the living room. He would move the rest of his things later.

"I was wondering what you were doing," she laughed.

"Grabbing a few things and leaving a light on for if he wakes up." He smiled and held out his hand to her, "Shall we?"

Leena walked over to him and tried not to laugh too loudly as he took her hand, pulled her to him and lifted her up into his arms. "Hey!"

"What? We're newlyweds already in our home. Gotta carry you over some sort of threshold, don't I?" He carried her down the hallway and carefully guided her through their bedroom door, setting her down once inside.

Leena chuckled and walked over to her vanity where she started to take off some of her jewelry and to remove pins from her hair, letting the curls hang down freely around her shoulders. She began to remove a dress strap from her shoulder but paused. Her voice was soft, "Should I change in the bathroom?"

Shej had already halfway unbuttoned his shirt, realizingthe newfound awkwardness of her question and that he should have posed thequestion first. He ran his hand through his hair as he realized theridiculousness of the thought; they were married now after all. He stepped upbehind her, running his hands down her sides. "No, neither of us should have tochange in another room..." His voice trailed off as he reached up and hookedhis finger into the shoulder strap she had started to remove, dislodging it therest of the way. He closed his eyes and buried his face into her hair, his facefitting perfectly into the side of her neck as he took and dislodged the othershoulder strap, letting the dress fall to the floor. Her hair smelled sweetlike fresh fruit. She wore no bra as the dress was backless, but as his handsran across her hips again, he realized that she had worn absolutely nothing under her dress. His mindflashed back to earlier in the evening when all she would have had to do wasunzip his pants and she could have taken him. As his hands trailed down herflesh, he groaned softly at the thought, an urge creeping up in the back of hismind. "Why did you not wear any underwear tonight?"

"Were you not paying attention to how skintight that dress was?" she chuckled. "They would have caused unsightly lines." She was looking down toward the floor as she turned around slowly, reaching up and undoing the last three buttons of his shirt, slipping it off his shoulders and letting it fall to the ground before grabbing the hem of his undershirt and lifting it over his head.

He admired the perfection of her naked body, his heart racing faster and faster the more she touched him. Shej closed his eyes as she lifted the shirt over his head, leaving them closed as he began to feel overwhelmed. Suddenly Leena seemed to be more grounded than he was. "We should take this slow, we shouldn't do this tonight. We've both been drinking."

"Normally I would agree," her voice was like velvet to hisears, and her skin like silk as she pressed herself up against him, "but Ireally do want this for us, as an official celebration for you and me." Shetried to keep her voice calm as her nerves soared. She knew this was a fastpace, but it felt right. "I...I really do want you, Shej."

He was definitely human and she made it hard to ignore his arousal, but his head was getting cloudy. The word sinner was slowly starting to chant inside his mind.

"You don't want me like this," he muttered, reaching up and grabbing the back of his head. "Drunk and fighting with demons..."

She realized how vulnerable he was now that he had told her everything. Shej always hid behind his wall of secrecy and now that she knew everything, his defense was gone and she could tell that he didn't know how to trust even himself. "Shej, I want you," she reassured with the same velvety voice. She took the front of his dress pants and undid them, slipping her hand inside and trying to distract him from whatever was trying to turn him away from her.

"Help me, Leena," he begged quietly, his breath shaky at her touch.

She paused, looking up at him, "Anything. I'm right here, Shej."

"Help me to be the man you need, not just the man you want. Help me be the man you need for everything."

"Believe it or not, you already are," she whispered with a smile, taking his hands and kissing them softly. She laid one of his hands over her heart, pressing herself to him again before turning around. Her body brushed against his and with his hand over her heart, his arm now laid across her bare breasts. She pressed his other hand flat on her abdomen, just below her navel. "I need you, Shej. I can say it as many times as you need. Or would you rather me show you?" She shifted her hips, gently grinding her naked body against him.

Shej's body was trembling as he held her, every move shemade against him made the chant inside his head louder as his body grew hungrier.He couldn't make the words come out to answer her.

Feeling his body quake, she stopped trying to seduce her new husband, realizing he maybe did just need a little more time and a little less alcohol in his system. "Maybe you're right, Shej. Maybe we shouldn't do this tonight after all. Come on, let's get more comfortable so we can sleep..." She pulled herself from his arms and turned around, unhitching his pants from his hips as she had him sit on the edge of the bed in just his boxers. Hmm, satin. Apparently I wasn't the only one trying to impress, she chuckled to herself. She finished removing his dress pants as well as his shoes, setting them off to the side. "Just always remember that as of tonight, I am all yours, Shej. Yours today. Tomorrow. Whenever." She smiled up at him. "Forever. I'll always be right here, next to you."

"I'm sorry, this isn't what you wanted," he still spoke quietly.

"You're everything I wanted," she replied, a smile in her voice. "We have all the time in the world. I just sometimes need that reminder, too. Let me grab us both something to sleep in."

As Leena stood and turned away to grab clothes, his mind argued.

Sinner.

She trusts me.

Sinner.

Leena wants this too.

You'll maim the girl...

I won't!

You'll murder her, Sinner!

Please stop...stop this....

Sinner!

Leena...I do want to be Leena's everything.

Sinner...sssinnerr....

Fuck you...I will be her everything.

Sinner. Sinner!

Without warning, Shej strained against the voice inside his head and grabbed Leena's wrist. He was on his feet and pulled her back to face him, pushing his lips to hers before she could say anything else. He grabbed the sides of her upper thighs and hefted her up into his arms.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped her legs around his middle, breaking the kiss briefly. "Shej, what are you doing?"

He laid her down on the bed, his breath heavy and his body still shaking as he laid between her legs. Leena could feel the fear radiating off him as both of their hearts pounded against one another. His hand left her thigh, gently reaching between their bodies as the other continued to hold her tightly to his side.

"I'm listening to you."He let out a soft grunt as she shifted herbody to be more comfortable beneath him. As her flesh moved against his, heburied the sound into the side of her neck as he fought with himself to notback away from this. He tried to regain himself. "You are mine, but I'm alsoyours. We agreed to that after the toll of the bell tower...we solidified ittonight."

Her heart leaped anxiously feeling him dislodge his boxers and even more when his flesh pressed against somewhere no one else had ever touched before. "Yes, that's true." She ran her fingers through his hair softly then tilted his face to look at her, her eyes like pure emeralds gazing deeply into him.

Sinner...

"I don't want to gain another sin. Even this isharboring a lie," he murmured, the voice grabbing at him again.

"Then give me your sin, Shej. Let me take some of your burdens," she argued.

"If I give you full reign of me, would that be enough?" He tried to pace his breathing with hers, wanting to let her mesmerizing gaze grasp him and try take over instead.

"I don't want control, Shej. I just want to let go. I wantto let go of my fears, for my husband,"she said softly as she pulled him to her, her lips brushing his ear as shewhispered, "Take my fears, and give me yours."

"There would be no turning back..."

"You can only move forward in life, why would I want to turn back? Shej, give me you," she plead but this time with more yearning as she pressed her heels into back of his thighs and shifted her hips against him tauntingly. She let out a small pain filled whimper, a groan also escaping from Shej as Leena's body just slightly gave way to his. He tried to move away from her but she kept her arms and legs wrapped around him. A tear rolled down Leena's cheek as she tried to hide the small amount of pain from her seal almost being broken.

Maimer... Murderer... Sinner...

"I'm hurting you...I can't...."

"...Shej..." Her voice was a soft cry in his ear, her arms wrapped around his shoulders and fingers laced in his hair even tighter. "...let's both let go of fear, together. We can't let it keep holding us back..."

Her words echoed in his ears. He pulled his hand awayfrom between their bodies and slid his hands under her shoulders, placing hislips against her neck. Before he could stop himself again, he held onto hershoulders as he pushed his groin completely against hers. He had been met againwith the resistance that kept him from accidentally taking Leena when she hadshifted against him, but he forced himself to push past it with a groan untilhe couldn't push any further. In a split second, her body became rigid beneathhim and he felt the air catch in her chest, her fists pressing hard into hisback. Her body tightened around all of him and the heat of her body was moreintense than he anticipated, but he held as tightly to her as she did to him.The intensity was like a drug and he suddenly found himself wanting more, hiships shifting into her over and over without more thought. He reached down anddug the pads of his fingers into her hips, beginning to pull her into hismovements, a mix of moans and whimpers escaping Leena as he started to forcethe caught air from her chest.

Leena's body arched beneath his and she hitched her knees high up on his sides, pressing her heels into his exposed buttocks. She moaned louder than she intended to, the pain she initially felt having melted completely away within minutes and left nothing but pleasure behind. Her nervousness was gone and she moaned his name.

"Am I hurting you?" he panted in her ear, grabbing her hips more roughly as he groaned. Time felt like it was flying past, yet stopped all at the same time.

Leena attempted to say a firm "no" but only an "uh-uh" could escape. Her nerves were firing from head to toe, her body felt like it was on fire, crying out as if she almost couldn't take anymore. She was climaxing and every move felt magnified, becoming almost too intense as he continued to thrust inside of her.

"Shit..." he groaned, feeling her body tense even harderaround him. He grabbed her hips tightly, pulling her body roughly into himwhile he pushed down on her with all his strength. He growled loudly as hiswhole body exploded with a mix of pain and pleasure, a sensation he couldn'twrap his head around at first. The instant migraine blinded him momentarily andhe went limp on top of her, breathing heavily. He was wishing he could haveheard her sounds of pleasure for much, much longer. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Leena was panting, but she was smiling at him. "I'm not."

His whole body ached, and he couldn't imagine how beat up Leena's was feeling, but he slid back from her and sat up, putting a hand to his forehead and clenching his eyes tightly shut.

Sinner...

...shut up.

Leena slid over to his side, kissing his shoulder, running her hands softly up and down his back. "Are you okay?"

"You're not hurt, are you?" he asked quietly, turning the question on her as he slowly looked back at her.

"It hurt a little at first, but I am one-hundred percent A-OK now. Maybe even more than that."

"I'm sorry." He looked away again, sad to have her confirm that her initial cries weren't ones of pleasure. He looked at the clock and noticed that it was just past three in the morning. About thirty minutes had passed since he fought the voice in his head and claimed his wife, something he wondered why he caved to if he never intended to ever bed her. Definitely human.

"Stop saying sorry when there is nothing to be sorry for," she scolded, giving him a playful nudge. "Are you regretting marrying me? Is that why you're sorry?"

He looked at her in shock, hurt by her turning his comment back on him. "Never!" He furrowed his brows, drums pounding in his brain from moving too fast, unsure where this headache had come from. She laughed at his reaction and her laughter seemed to calm him a bit. If only it would stop the drums.

"You were my first so I expected that initial pain, but I knew it would pass quickly. And it turned into something much more beautiful than I thought it would." She wrapped her arms around one of his. "And thank you for taking my fear. I feared you, I feared the pain, and I did fear the commitment that would really be locked down with our actions. I fear none of it anymore."

"You feared...me?" he looked back at her again, careful to not move too quickly this time as the migraine still buzzed in the back of his head.

"I feared that you would find me unpleasing and leave me."

"You? You think I would find you unpleasing?" He ignored the pain in his skull this time andturned around, taking her off guard as he kissedher and pushed her back onto the bed again. Hepressed and ground his body against hers, feeling her body reel in excitementas he showed her just how "unpleasing" she was to him. Shej gave a soft groanas he felt a second wind approach him, taking the opportunity no matter howshort he knew it would last. Propping himself up on one hand, he quickly reached down and slid himself back into her. His headcontinued to pound as he pounded his pelvis against hers.

Leena's laughter instantly turned into a gasp and moan, pressing a palm against his chest as her other fist grabbed a handful of bedding in the surprise. Her mind instantly went blank from everything except for Shej. Aside from herself, there was no world, no bedroom, no bed...only Shej.

Shej changed his pace and began to move his hips slowly, steadily keeping a smooth pace as he leaned down onto his elbows, kissing the side of her neck. "I have one more apology for you," he murmured quietly to her, as if the world was trying to listen in on them.

She kept her eyes shut, taking in the waves of pleasure as they splashed over her from each sensual thrust. "I told you to stop saying sorry when there is nothing to be sorry for..." Leena lightly clawed her fingertips down his side, feeling goosebumps scatter across Shej's skin.

A deep moan escaped him and he responded to her touch by pressing himself against her, burying himself inside her body as deeply as he could muster, pulling another loud pleasurable sound from her. "Evil will be met by evil, y'kno," he chuckled teasingly.

"Then I welcome evil."

Within minutes, Shej quickly felt his second wind coming to an end as quick as it had presented itself, but he wanted to hear more of the beautiful sounds Leena was making. With every last ounce of stamina he could collect, he began to thrust his hips faster into her again, the moans easily rolling from his wife's lips giving him just a little extra push.

Awhimper escaped Leena as her muscles tightened up, her senses winding up atthis change in pace. "Shit...shit shit shit...." she muttered, her whimpers turning into an ecstasy-filled cryas her body peaked again, Shej pressinghimself down on her with all his might one last time, grinding his pelvisagainst hers and heightening her sensations as she climaxed.

Shej chuckled, kissing along Leena's jawline as she recovered. He could feel her heart pounding like she had just ran a marathon, just like his was. "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," he playfully scolded, panting hard as he murmured in her ear, "I was trying to apologize to you."

"What's so wrong that you need to apologize for?"

He leaned up and looked deep into her gemstone eyes, drawing in her whole face and admiring it like it was the first time he had seen something so beautiful, trying his best to ignore the pain in his head. "I'm sorry that I didn't realize sooner how much I have always loved you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 3.8K 43
Once upon a time there was a beautiful woman lived in a beautiful village. she was known for her beauty , innocence and devotion . They called her...
156 27 18
"Ally closed her book, laid it on her night stand and reached for her tarot cards. She was in a habit of quizzing herself, pick a card, decide what i...
7.4K 388 32
~Lesbian romance & Mature language~ *Second book in The Haven Series* *Cannot be read as a stand-alone book* Here we are five years later, fighting f...
276K 17.2K 26
A young fairy's desire to break free from the restraints tethering her to her world, pushes her into the arms of a charming, young wolf, whose world...