Finding Out Secrets (The Cove...

By MakeAnImpactOnYou

Blair Salvatore thought she was moving to a new state, a new town and a new prestigious school, hoping for a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78

Chapter 41

968 29 17
By MakeAnImpactOnYou

Chapter 41:

Everything. Hurt. All of it. I attempted to open my eyes but even at the sheer thought of making an attempt was shut down by my body.

"Hey, I think she's waking up," I heard a large boom, making my brain rattle like an earthquake. "Blair?"

"Owww.....," I groaned at the loud voice coming from right above me. I could feel hot panicked breathing over my face making it hard for me to breathe. "Can... you... not...," I mumbled slowly, feeling the dryness in my throat.

"Blair!" they both shouted happily, throwing their bodies on mine.

Wincing at the pain, once again, louder, this time said, "Ow!"

"Oh, sorry, sorry," he said, placing his hand on the side of my face. There was something covering his hand.

Reid!

"I'm just so happy you're finally awake," he whispered, rubbing his thumb on my cheek.

"How do you feel, baby girl?" the other asked concerned on the other side of me.

Tyler!

"Ow," I repeated which resulted in a chuckle from the both of them. I could imagine them shaking their heads and sharing a look with each other. Tyler took my hand in his slowly, being very gentle in not trying to cause any more pain than I was already in.

Relieved. Worried. Concerned. Worried. Relieved. Thankful. Worried. Scared. Relieved.

Both their emotions were being projected on to me. I know they hadn't realized they were doing it and I honestly didn't mind. I was actually happy to feel what they were feeling. A small smile attempted to stretch over my face which didn't hurt too bad. I tried once again to open my eyes and slowly but surely, I was able to open them half away, seeing two blurry faces really close to me.

Making myself blink a few times, flashes from the events from the night before flooded my mind. The darklings, the fire, Pogue. Pogue!

Like knowing or seeing it on my face, Reid spoke before I could, saying, "Pogue's okay. You healed him. He's in his room resting. Caleb is with him." I could hear the relief in his voice speaking about his friend. I felt Tyler give my hand a squeeze, making me feel somewhat better. The knot in the pit of my stomach released and tears leaked from my eyes, trickling down the sides into my hair.

"I—I—need to—o se—ee—him," I hoarsely spoke. Mustering all the energy I had in me, I tried to pull myself up off the bed but barely got halfway up before I lost it and fell back onto the bed.

"Blair, you have to take it easy," Tyler insisted, giving my shoulder a rub. I let out a groan, letting them both know that was frustrated with that remark. "I know but you need to. You've been out for almost two days."

Two days? Really?

"But--," I started.

"Blair. Please," Reid insisted. "What you did, both killing three powerful darklings and healing Pogue, should have killed you. It is a miracle that you're still alive. So please, just rest and heal. We would like to keep both Perry siblings alive, please." I could hear the anxiety in his shaky voice that he was trying so hard to cover up. His hand was on the side of my head, his cool fingertips rubbing slowly on my forehead, gently pulling back strands of my hair.

Apart of me wanted to stay in bed just for him, so he wouldn't been ridden with all the emotions he was covering up for the sake of appearing strong. Though, for me, I needed to see Pogue. I couldn't lay here knowing he was just down the hall. I needed to see that he was okay and that he wasn't dying.

"Please?" I whispered to Reid, giving him a pleading look. I turned to Tyler, hoping that he would understand where I was coming from. "I need to."

"Maybe we can carry her down the hall," Tyler suggested.

Reid debated it for a moment but then gave in, groaning in acceptance. "We have to be very careful and this could hurt," he mentioned.

"I don't care," I answered.

Rolling his eyes, he motioned that he would carry me to Tyler. Removing the covers off of me, Reid gently slipped his arm under my back and knees. "Stubborn head," he muttered under his breath while giving me a small smirk which to my surprise, I was happy to be receiving. Lifting me up, I winced at the stabbing pins and needles pain that surged throughout my body.

Tyler helped adjust me, taking my limp arm and wrapping it around Reid's neck. Making sure that I was completely secure, he then gave the okay for them to move me to Pogue. Tyler carefully watched over me, making sure that Reid wasn't going to drop me.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, my voice finally coming back to me.

"Just a few cuts and bruises for the three of us," Tyler assured, and Reid nodded in agreement.

"We are fine, I promise," Reid whispered. The dark bags under their eyes showed sleep deprivation but other than that, I couldn't see any other injures on them that made me feel a little bit better.

Never in my life, had I felt this weak before. I couldn't do anything and move did hurt but I didn't care. I would take all the pain in the world just to be able to see my brother. The floorboard creaked as we took our time to get to Pogue's room across the hall. With every step, I was being asked if I was okay by the boys. Finally reaching the door, Tyler knocked on it before opening it, revealing both Pogue and Caleb.

Pogue was sitting up in his bed, wearing an undershirt. His long highlighted brunette hair was a wavy mess. He actually looked pretty well. There were no signs of any injuries on him or open wounds.

Reid carried me over without hesitation to where Caleb was now standing on the side of the bed. Caleb let out a sigh of relief, placing a kiss on my forehead after exchanging a look with both Tyler and Reid. "Glad you're awake," he whispered.

I looked at my brother, wondering if he hated me. He had the right to, I basically almost got him killed. Like he could read my mind, he reached out both arms, signaling for me to come over. Reid quickly placed me next to Pogue who wrapped his arms around me giving me the best hug of life. I didn't care how much it hurt to hold myself up or to receive the hug, I was just glad I was getting one from him.

"Are you okay?" I cried into his chest. I felt his head shake yes on top of my head.

"You saved me," he answered, holding me tight. "Are you okay?"

"I think so," I croaked pulling away a little.

"You had us a little scared there for a moment, baby girl," Caleb said running his hand through hair nervously like he typically does. I could see that he too was running on little sleep.

Yeah about that," Pogue started. "What the hell were you thinking, taking on three darklings and doing it by yourself. They could have killed you. You shouldn't have done that! And then you go and use your powers to heal me and almost kill yourself doing that?!" my brother scolded.

"You were dying, right in front of us!" I shot back, surprised by his lecturing. "What I should have just let you die?"

"I could have healed myself," he insisted.

"No, you couldn't have! What was I supposed to do, let you just take the hit for me and die? I would have done it for anyone of you," I said turning to the other three. "You guys shouldn't have joined in."

"Blair, you almost died," Pogue's voice broke. "To save me, you almost died." Tears started to well up in his eyes, tears that he was trying so hard to hold back. I looked at the others, who confirmed what he was saying. I know Reid had mentioned it before but I didn't really believe him.

"Well, it would have been worth it, if I did. Cause the four of you would be okay and alive," I answered, giving him an assured nod.

A chuckled escaped Caleb, who was now shaking his head, looking at the floor. "You two are so stubborn," he laughed. We all looked at him weirdly at first but then Reid started to join him in a laughing fit and suddenly, we all were laughing uncontrollably. They all came over to Pogue and I and embraced us in a large group hug. I'm so glad that I didn't lose any of them. I wouldn't know what to do without them in my life.

Just as things were getting settle between us, there was a knock at the door before the door opened once again. "What's going on in there?" Mr. Perry asked, coming into the room. Behind him, outside the door was everyone else, peering in to check on what was going on. Mr. Perry's eyes landed on me and suddenly, the curiousness in his eyes faded and turned into a glare, directed straight at me.

"Get. Out. Now."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Author's Notes: 

I'm sorry for the late post guys. The first month of the new year has been crazy and I haven't had much time (or mental energy) to write. I hope the new year is treating everyone well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think, who your favorite character is, anything you would like to say! Again, thank you for your support. See you at the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 1K 20
It all happened in Ipswich, a covenant of silence was settled between the 5 families for 300 years it was kept, but one family that was banished for...
349K 17.8K 85
Book 1 - His Mate Book 2 - His Mate: The Demon King An unexpected union. Hatred turned to love. Mysteries arose. History explained. Unexpected figh...
149K 3.6K 26
Destiny bound them at the beginning of time... Thea Montgomery has had her life flipped upside-down since moving to Mystic Falls. She's made friends...
1.3K 101 61
I looked at him in shock, "How do you know that?" "I know a lot of things about you, Ms. Prior, even things you don't know yourself." Excuse me? "Fro...