Time Traveler Katsumi

By Weezie_24

Katsumi Dubois thought she was just your average American girl, until she visited a certain Japanese shrine... More

Welcome to Japan!
Down the Rabbit Hole
And, So We Meet Again
Underdog Vs. Topdog
Dogfight
The Underdog Prevails
The Sealed Well
The Wolf From Hell
Follow Your Intuition
That Sinister Spider
Training Montage Time?
A Little Sibling Bonding
Up, Up, and Away
Make New Friends, But Keep The Old
The Girl's Life
On The Road Again
The Oni Sword
The Sword's Owner
The Moment We've All Been Waiting For
Inuyasha's Mind, Consumed
A Little Family Fun
Cats Vs. Dogs, The Age-old Struggle
Let's Get This Party Started!
It's A Flashbackapalooza
Fight Like Cats And Dogs
There's More Than One Way To Skin A Cat
Come Into My Parlor
Caught In The Spider's Web
You Lose Not By Loving, But Holding Back
Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread
Testing The Limits
Zombies In The Mist
Dying Is Easy, It's Living That's Hard
We're All A Little Mad Here
Author's Note
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
The Other Woman Who Loved Sesshoumaru (Part 1)
The Other Woman Who Loved Sesshoumaru (Part 2)
The Other Woman Who Loved Sesshoumaru (Part 3)
The Omake Chapter
Dangerous Liaisons
The Scream
Shocking Discovery
Unexpected Visitor
The Mysterious Case of Gean Cánach
Katsumi In Faerie Land
Eye of the Tiger
Near and Far
The White Child
The Headless Youkai
Perchance to Dream
The Border Between This World and The Next
Homecoming
Together Forever
Unexpected Visit
Kagura's Wind
Faerie Fang
Meidou Zangetsuha
Testing
Sesshoumaru in the Underworld
Shishinki
Magatsuhi
Magatsuhi's Main Body
The Jewel's Completion
Inside Naraku
Announcement

Anger

1.8K 70 5
By Weezie_24

"—chan," Kagome's voice said. "—chan." Katsumi retrieved her scrying mirror from her bag.

"Yes?" Katsumi said, flipping it open.

"Katsumi-chan. I just thought you should know... Naraku has a new incarnation. His name is Byakuya. He manipulated some youkais into fighting us." Sesshoumaru glanced in her direction.

"Byakuya?" Katsumi asked.

"He looks young and his dark hair is pulled back in a ponytail," Kagome said.

"Okay, so he's a young youkai with a ponytail who smells like Naraku," Katsumi said. "Got it. Thanks, Kagome-chan. Bye-bye."

"Bye-bye," Kagome said. Katsumi closed the mirror. "Heard that?" she asked Sesshoumaru.

"..." Sesshoumaru started walking again. 'A new incarnation... huh?'

They were walking past a lake, when Rin noticed something.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, what's that?" Rin asked, looking down into the water. "Huge bones." Sesshoumaru stopped and they all looked into the water. She was right, there was the skeleton of a huge turtle-like youkai in the lake.

"Oh—this is..." Jaken said.

"What is it?" Katsumi asked.

"It's a meioujuu," Sesshoumaru said.

"Meioujuu? What a huge shell," Rin said.

"It certainly is," Jaken agreed. "At any rate, the shell of the meioujuu is said to be one of the hardest of all youkais." 'Oh, I'll just casually flatter him,' Jaken thought, glancing at Sesshoumaru. "In the entire world, the one to have the power to cut this meioujuu's shell, would be someone like Sesshoumaru-sama, wouldn't it?"

"Uh, Jaken, there's a piece missing from the shell," Katsumi said.

"She's right," Rin said.

"Eh?" Jaken said, taking a closer look. Sure enough, there was a gap where part of the shell was missing.

"Do you think someone did this?" Rin asked.

"It doesn't look like it was an accident," Katsumi said. It was removed too neatly.

"... How should I know," Jaken said.

"There are traces of burns from paper charms," Sesshoumaru said. "Likely, this was done by a human priest." He started walking again. Rin climbed back onto Ah-Un.

"... I bet so," Rin said. "Sesshoumaru-sama sure knows a lot about everything doesn't he."

"Oh, shush," Jaken said. "You're just flattering him."

"Unlike you?" Katsumi said. They didn't see or smell the small piece of flesh swimming through the water towards the skeleton. It swam into the mouth of the skull. Flesh began to form over the skeleton again. The meioujuu opened its eyes. It raised itself up out of the water.

"Damn you, human... How dare you take my armored shell..." the meioujuu said.

Inuyasha stood on the grounds of a castle, staring up at the sky.

"It'll be here soon," he said.

"The meioujuu?" Shippo asked.

"Yeah," Inuyasha said. "The damned stench is getting closer."

Meanwhile, the others were inside.

"Houshi-dono... Just as you've asked, the salt and water have been prepared..." one of the castle's attendants said. Miroku used a branch with leaves on it to sprinkle the water on the salt. "That will..."

"It will place a barrier on the armor," Miroku said, referring to an impressive suit of armor on display inside the castle. "This armor used and was made from the shell of the meioujuu. Once it's been returned, it's likely the meioujuu's power will be complete."

"And it will be stronger than it was before...?" The attendant asked.

"Yeah, and that will be a bit of a problem," Sango said.

'But before, we fought it off with Kongōsōha...' Kagome thought.

Outside, a giant black cloud appeared over the castle.

"It... It's here!" said one of the soldiers.

"The black youkai cloud!" said another.

"Raimeihou!!" the meioujuu roared, unleashing a powerful attack of spheres of black lightning.

"!" Inuyasha said. "Hah!" He dodged the attack as some of them struck the ground. "Kaze no Kizu!!" He unleashed his own attack, canceling out the rest.

"Damn you..." the meioujuu said.

"Asshole! Get the hell down here!" Inuyasha yelled. Sango, Miroku, and Kagome came outside.

"Where has my armored shell been hidden... It is nowhere to be seen..." the meioujuu said.

"The barrier's working," Sango said.

"Although our own attacks can't get to it..." Inuyasha said. "And this matter ain't being settled!"

"Oh, really now," a young male youkai with his dark hair pulled back in a ponytail said. "I'll lend a hand, then." Byakuya held up a couple pieces of paper shaped like people. He blew them from his hand.

"All of you, be on your guard," the attendant said urgently.

"Right," the soldiers guarding the armor said. The two pieces of paper slipped into the room. One headed straight for the dish of salt, but it burned up when it hit the barrier.

"Not working, huh?" the youkai said. "In that case..." he made the other piece of paper stick to the back of the neck of one of the soldiers.

"!" the attendant said, startled when the soldier left his station and knocked over the salt. "Wha... What are you doing!? The barrier will be broken..."

Outside, the dark cloud swirled.

"I see it!" the meioujuu said. He shot down through the castle roof in a bolt of lightning.

"!" Inuyasha said. The meioujuu stood on top of the wreckage, pulling the armor into his mouth with his tongue.

"The armor..!" Sango said. The meioujuu ate it.

"I've taken it back... my armored shell..." the meioujuu said.

"Well, then. I'm outta here," Byakuya said. "!" He was startled to realized Sesshoumaru was right behind him. Sesshoumaru swiped at him with his claws. Byakuya just barely managed to get out of the way.

"Gyah!!" he yelled as the tree he had been standing next to was felled. Katsumi appeared in front of him. She slashed her sword at him, but again, he dodged. "That was close..." Byakuya said, landing on the roof of a nearby building. Sesshoumaru and Katsumi followed him.

"Ah..." Kagome said, looking up at them.

"!" Inuyasha said. "Byakuya and... Sesshoumaru and Katsumi!?"

"Well, damn," Byakuya said. "Do you always try to kill someone so suddenly?"

"We could smell Naraku's scent from you," Sesshoumaru said. "That's all the reason we need."

"Haha haa, you're Sesshoumaru-sama, aren't you. Inuyasha's older brother," Byakuya said. "And you're Katsumi."

"And you're Byakuya," Katsumi said, surprising him.

"!" Inuyasha said when power stirred in the meioujuu.

"It's youki got stronger!" Miroku said.

"It absorbed the armor's youki?" Sango said. The rounded protrusions on the meioujuu's shell became spikes.

"You see..." he said. "This is my armored shell as it should be."

"That meioujuu is merely the bones of a corpse," Sesshoumaru said. "However... When I followed after Mouyoumaru's scent, that thing had been revived. What is Mouryoumaru trying to do?"

"I'd also like to find that out, you see," Byakuya said.

"You little brat... your Kongōsōha... can no longer hold up against me..." the meioujuu told Inuyasha.

"What did you say!?" Inuyasha said.

"Try firing it, boy... your Kongōsōha," the meioujuu said. "And this time you won't be safe."

"Very funny! Come on, and don't hold back!" Inuyasha said, preparing to attack with Kongōsōha. The meioujuu jumped up into the air. "Take this!! Kongōsōha!!" Inuyasha fired a barrage of adamant spears at the meioujuu, but it tucked into its shell and spun around, deflecting all of the spears.

"!?" Inuyasha said.

"Wha...!" Kagome said.

"It repelled the Kongōsōha!?" Sango said.

"!" Katsumi said. Inuyasha had to dodge his own spears as the attack was sent back at him.

"Heh, remarkable," Byakuya said. "I'd heard that the meioujuu's shell is the hardest of all youkais... it's true, isn't it."

'Bastard repelled my Kongōsōha...' Inuyasha thought, staring up at the meioujuu.

"Do you get it, boy..." the meioujuu said, floating in the sky. "This is my body as it should be."

"It's pulled back into its shell," Shippo said.

"We can't make an attack against that!" Sango said. The meioujuu formed more spheres of black lightning.

"Raimeihou!" Inuyasha said. They were crackling mercilessly with energy.

"!" Shippo said.

"It's jyaki is getting even stronger than it was before!" Miroku said.

"Gah!" Inuyasha said, dodging.

"Look out!" Sango said, shielding Kagome with hiraikotsu.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha said. "!" he was startled to realized the meioujuu was throwing its whole shell at him. He quickly dodged. "Dammit!"

"He isn't doing so well, is he," Byakuya said. "If this goes on... that meioujuu might just defeat Inuyasha." Katsumi put her hand on her sword.

'Selective Strike... may be able to cut him,' she thought, wondering if she should intervene.

"So that's why Meioujuu is staying here, huh?" Sesshoumaru said.

"Huh?" Byakuya said.

'It's armored shell is enough to repel Kongōsōha... Mouryoumaru is thinking of absorbing that into his own body...' Sesshoumaru thought. 'Does it mean... he's still after something!?'

'That armored shell... Mouryoumaru probably wants to absorb it, since it can repel Kongōsōha...' Katsumi thought. 'But... I get the feeling there's something more...' "Inuyasha! I may be able to cut him!"

"Stay out of it, Katsumi! This is my prey!" Inuyasha said. He didn't see how any sword other than Tessaiga had even a chance of defeating that armored shell.

"Well, if you insist..." Katsumi said with a shrug.

"It... It's coming again!" Shippo said. When the meioujuu formed more spheres of black lightning.

"Dammit, you nuisance!" Inuyasha said, furrowing his brow. Scales formed on Tessaiga's blade.

"The dragon-scaled Tessaiga!?" Shippo said.

'That's new,' Katsumi thought.

"Wait, Inuyasha!" Miroku said.

"The dragon-scaled Tessaiga still..." Sango said.

"Shut up!" Inuyasha said. "Daaaaahh!" He absorbed the energy from the attack. "Gnh!" he winced when Tessaiga burned his hands. "Hah!" Inuyasha jumped out of the way when Meioujuu came crashing down on the spot he was standing. It quickly took to the sky again. "Damn."

"Inuyasha!" Kagome said.

"I thought so, it's still no good," Shippo said.

"Can't strike anything, eh?" Byakuya said.

"Huh. Seems he put another peculiar power in Tessaiga," Sesshoumaru said.

"But it's as if he won't use it," Byakuya said. "Meaning, for now, his best weapon is his Kongōsōha. And that can't be used once its drawn into its shell."

"Next, I'll smash you!" the meioujuu said. It was hurtling itself at Inuyasha again, when it suddenly lost control of its own movements. It exposed its body.

"!?" Inuyasha said.

"It came out!?" Kagome said.

"What does that mean!?" Sango asked.

'It's dared expose its vulnerable body... is this the meioujuu's will!?' Miroku wondered.

"Try firing your Kongōsōha," the meioujuu said.

"Feh! You don't have to say anything..." Inuyasha said, transforming Tessaiga for the Kongōsōha.

"Ha-haa, that's what it means," Byakuya said.

'I see it now... what Mouryoumaru is after!' Sesshoumaru and Miroku thought.

'I've got a strong feeling he shouldn't be doing that..!' Katsumi thought.

"Inuyasha, don't shoot!" Miroku said.

"Whaaat!?" Inuyasha said.

"Inuyasha, listen to Miroku!" Katsumi said.

"This is a trap!" Miroku said. "Mouryoumaru is probably using the meioujuu..."

"Bah, I don't know what's going on here, but... If I blow it apart, there's no problem, is there!?" Inuyasha said. "Kongōsōha!!" He unleashed his attack. Multiple spears struck the meioujuu's body, piercing his neck and embedding themselves in his armored shell. Everyone was surprised. The meioujuu hung in the air, seemingly dead.

"Did... Did it work?" Shippo asked.

"Step back, Inuyasha," Miroku said urgently, bumping Inuyasha out of the way.

"Wha...!?" Inuyasha said.

"Kazaana!!" Miroku said, unleashing his wind tunnel.

"Miroku!?" Inuyasha said.

"Heh, looks like that houshi has realized Mouryoumaru is up to something," Byakuya said.

"Kukuku... Now it's too late," a voice said from the meioujuu.

"It talks!?" Sango said.

"But... That's not the Meioujuu's voice!" Kagome said.

"It wasn't that Mouryoumaru... just wanted the meioujuu's armored shell," Byakuya said. Miasma poured from the meioujuu's body.

"Miasma!?" Miroku said.

"Close the kazaana!" Inuyasha said. "I'll clear away the miasma!" He swung Tessaiga. "Kaze no Kizu!!" He cleared away the miasma, but now the meioujuu was far beyond their reach. "Dammit... It got away!"

"I should have realized it sooner," Miroku said. "That Mouryoumaru was using the meioujuu... His objective was to steal the Kongōsōha's spears..."

'So that's what he was up to...' Katsumi thought, furrowing her brow. That couldn't be good. Sesshoumaru took off flying to go after the meioujuu, and she ran through the sky to follow him.

"He's trying to absorb the power of the Kongōsōha!?" Kagome said.

"Yeah. But, before when we fought Mouryoumaru, by the looks of it... he probably didn't have enough power to absorb the Kongōsōha's powers directly," Miroku said. "Because of that, he set his eyes on the meioujuu, who had an armored shell that could stand up against the Kongōsōha. He had the meioujuu take the Kongōsōha, and if he devours everything... without fighting, Mouryoumaru will have obtained the most powerful weapon and armor."

'That thing is going to Mouryoumaru,' Sesshoumaru thought as he and Katsumi pursed the meioujuu.

'That determination, they're intending to chase it down and kill it, aren't they,' Byakuya thought. He heard a buzzing and saw some familiar insects headed his way. "Hmm? Saimyōshō?" he listened to their buzzing. "Let the meioujuu go?" He looked at Sesshoumaru and Katsumi. "And get on his bad side... Somehow, I don't want that. Well, nothing else I can do." He held up several paper cranes and blew them from his hand. They grew in size and morphed into something that threatened to engulf Sesshoumaru and Katsumi.

"!" they said. They immediately drew their swords and slashed the paper cranes, breaking the spell. Sesshoumaru glanced back at Byakuya and turned around to pursue him instead.

"Eh!?" Katsumi said, confused. She looked between Sesshoumaru and the meioujuu and chased after the meioujuu. Better not to let it get away.

"You bothersome fool!" Sesshoumaru said, cutting Byakuya down with a slash of his claws. Byakuya's body burned away to reveal a lotus blossom.

"Don't be mad. It's my job," Byakuya said, floating a safe distance away inside a barrier. "See ya, Sesshoumaru-sama. Tell Katsumi-chan I said goodbye."

"..." Sesshoumaru glared at him, then turned and chased after Katsumi and the meioujuu.

Katsumi could smell a great amount of miasma up ahead. She came to a mountain that looked like a dormant volcano. Miasma was pouring down its sides like lava. Then she saw him, Mouryoumaru. He was standing on the mountain. His body had transformed after absorbing the meioujuu's armored shell. She saw Kikyo and Kohaku.

"Kukuku... seems that you didn't make it in time..." Mouryoumaru told Kikyo.

"You still don't understand!" Kikyo said, shooting an arrow at him.

"Kukuku... I'm telling you it's too late," Mouryoumaru said as adamant spears grew from his arm next to where the main part of the meioujuu's shell was. He shot them at Kikyo.

"!" Katsumi said. She drew her sword and sliced the air. "Rabbit hole!"

'What...!?' Kikyo thought. 'Those are...!'

"Kikyo-sama!" Kouhaku yelled, tackling her out of the way of the attack. Her arrow missed Mouryoumaru.

'Those are Inuyasha's...' Kikyo thought with her brow furrowed. Her eyes widened slightly in surprise when Katsumi suddenly appeared out of thin air. "You...!" Kikyo said. They hadn't seen each other since Katsumi pulled her out of the misama. 'I didn't sense her at all!'

'How did she sneak up on me!?' Mouryoumaru thought.

"Selective Strike!" she said, swinging her blade to cut him down. 'Cut his heart!' she thought. The sword passed through Mouryoumaru without doing any damage.

"... Kukuku... I don't know what you intended to do with that strike, but it appears that sword can't cut anything," Mouryoumaru said mockingly.

"Tch!"Katsumi said, frowning. 'I missed! Where is he hiding it!?' The tendrils making up his arms shot out at her, trying to grab her. "Rabbit Hole!" she cut the air and disappeared before he could close his grip.

"Kukuku... I see you've acquired a new ability..." Mouryoumaru said. "But it won't save you. Katsumi sniffed the air. She backed away from him to stand by Kikyo and Kohaku. She put up a barrier around the three of them. "Kukuku... It looks like you've realized how helpless you are."

"No, I've realized how dangerous it is to stand there," Katsumi said as a huge blast of energy slammed into him.

"!" Mouryoumaru said. The rocks that were thrown by the attack bounced harmlessly off of Katsumi's barrier. Mouryoumaru looked up and saw Sesshoumaru floating there with Tokijin drawn.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha and his group were hurrying up the mountain.

"Inuyasha, over there..." Kagome said urgently.

"!" Inuyasha said. "Sesshoumaru..." He could smell Katsumi, so she must be nearby. "!" Another scent hit his nose. 'Kikyo's scent...'

"Sesshoumaru...?" Mouryoumaru said, turning to face him.

"You've transformed, Mouryoumaru?" Sesshoumaru said. "You've become even uglier."

"Kukuku... We fought once, didn't we?" Mouryoumaru said. "This time won't be like the last!"

"Heh... Let's find out about that," Sesshoumaru said. He attacked again, and Mouryoumaru crossed two smaller appendages that remind Katsumi of insect legs over his head to protect it.

"!" Inuyasha said as his group arrived on the scene. Sesshoumaru's attack hit Mouryoumaru full blast. But it did no damage.

"Kukuku... Not even a scratch," Mouryoumaru boasted.

"That looks like Sesshoumaru..." Kagome said. "And Katsumi-chan's here, too."

"Sesshoumaru's sword won't work at all!" Shippo said nervously.

"It looks like he's completely absorbed the meioujuu's armored shell," Miroku said.

'Kohaku is...' Sango thought. "!" She spotted him by Kikyo and Katsumi. "Kohaku!"

"!" Kikyo said.

'Ane-ue...' Kohaku thought.

"Ki-Kikyo..." Kagome said.

"..." Inuyasha just stared at her.

'Inuyasha... You're safe...?' Kikyo thought, relieved.

'If Kohaku is with Kikyo... does that mean he isn't with Naraku anymore?' Katsumi wondered.

"Kukuku... Now it's your turn to get hit," Mouryoumaru told Sesshoumaru. "By my new weapon." Larger adamant spears grew out of his arm.

'Kongōsōha!' Inuyasha thought.

"Heh... With the spears that were stolen from the likes of Inuyasha..." Sesshoumaru said. He'd like to see him try. Mouryoumaru launched the spears at Sesshoumaru. "You think you can defeat this Sesshoumaru, do you!?" Sesshoumaru countered with a swipe of his blade. The spears were stopped in midair by Tokijin's kenatsu.

"He's crushing the Kongōsōha's spears with the sword pressure!" Miroku said, amazed.

"They're facing off!" Shippo said.

"!" Inuyasha said when he saw some of the deflected spears flying their way. "Look out!" Miroku, Shippo, and Sango dodged, and Inuyasha grabbed Kagome and moved her to safety.

"Stay back, Kikyo-sama!" Kohaku said as some spears landed right in front of Katsumi's barrier.

"Yeah, I'm not sure my barrier can hold up against those," Katsumi said.

"Kikyo, are you okay!?" Inuyasha asked while still holding Kagome. Kikyo stared back at him. Sesshoumaru let the smaller shards from shattered spears bounce off of him.

"So it's not even worth the effort to dodge Inuyasha's spears, huh?" Mouryoumaru said.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled as he ran toward Mouryoumaru, drawing his sword.

"Mouryoumaru!" Inuyasha yelled, swinging Tessaiga. Kaze no Kizu hit Mouryoumaru head on. Nothing.

"Kaze no Kizu, huh...?" Mouryoumaru said.

"You think something like that will work now?" Mouryoumaru asked.

"You're in the way, Inuyasha," Sesshoumaru said. "This is none of your business."

"Get your ass outta here yourself, Sesshoumaru!" Inuyasha yelled. "I'm taking over this fight!"

"I don't give a damn if you won't move," Sesshoumaru said. "You're also asking to be ripped to pieces. Along with Naraku's heart!" He swung Tokijin, unleashing another attack.

"Ah...!" Kagome said.

"Gah!" Inuyasha said, dodging.

'Why can't we all just get along...' Katsumi thought wryly.

"Kukuku..." Mouryoumaru laughed. "You two aren't fighting, so you'll be sent to the next world getting along as brothers."

'Where is he looking?' Katsumi wondered. Tentacles of adamant shot out at Sesshoumaru from the end of Mouryoumaru's arm.

"Wha...!" Kagome exclaimed.

"His arm..." Miroku said.

"Keh... a tentacle of adamant spears!?" Inuyasha said as he dodged one. Five converged on Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru dodged before they could close around him.

"Choose, Sesshoumaru... Would you rather be crushed, or run through..." Mouryoumaru said. "Kukuku... Inuyasha... You're already out of moves. Just wait until I've settled this with your brother."

"Bastard... playing around with my Kongōsōha... I'll never allow that!" Inuyasha said. "I'll slice you apart with my own hands!"

"Inuyasha!" Kagome said. Inuyasha launched himself at Mouryoumaru and tried to strike him with Tessaiga.

"Gah!" Inuyahsa said, gritting his teeth, he tried to grind the sword into his armor, but there was no give. "!?" He sensed something coming from behind him. He moved just in time to avoid being hit by Sesshoumaru's attack, but he still got caught up in the blast. Inuyasha slammed into the ground hard enough to make a crater.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome said, kneeling down to check on him.

"Gnh..." Inuyasha grunted. "Sesshoumaru, you asshole!"

"You're just an eyesore," Sesshoumaru told him. "Next time you get in the way, you're the one who will be sliced apart..."

"Kukuku... It seems the older brother is more sensible, isn't he," Mouryoumaru said.

'What part of that was sensible? They should be working together...' Katsumi thought. 'Even I can't get too close...' Mouryoumaru fired more adamant spears at Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru stopped them again with his sword pressure.

"They're equal," Kagome said.

"Yes, but... Sesshoumaru's sword, Tokijin, can't cut through Mouryoumaru's armored shell," Miroku said. Sango realized Kohaku and Kikyo were nowhere to be seen. 'Kohaku and Kikyo... They're gone... Where are they...!?' "Where are Kohaku and Kikyo!?" she asked Katsumi.

"I don't know. I didn't ask where they were going," Katsumi replied.

"At the joint of the armored shell and the Kongōsōha arm... a shikon shard... isn't it?" Kagome said.

"!" Inuyasha said. "You see it, Kagome?"

"Inside of the armored shell," Kagome said. "Somewhere really deep.. but if the arrow can get it or not..."

"Just hit it," Inuyasha said.

"Wait! Let me try something!" Katsumi said. She jumped up with her sword drawn. Mouryoumaru smirked. He didn't even feel threatened enough to dodge or try to knock her away. "Selective Strike!" She sliced off the armored shell over the area Kagome was looking at. The flesh beneath it was unharmed, but it was exposed now.

"!?" Mouryoumaru and the others were shocked. Kagome shot an arrow at the shikon shard's location.

"What a useless thing..." Mouryoumaru said, furrowing his brow in annoyance as he dodged. He quickly regenerated the shell and fired adamant spears at Katsumi and Kagome.

"Look out!" Inuyasha said, moving Kagome out of the way. Katsumi jumped out of the attack's path.

"Heh," Mouryoumaru said. The shell grew back.

"It didn't work, my arrow couldn't get him," Kagome said.

"I know where it is, that would be enough," Inuyasha said.

"You pathetic people never learn..." Sesshoumaru said. Katsumi should have delivered the second attack herself instead of relying on them.

'I'd better not be included in that,' Katsumi thought.

"Shut up! You're recklessly hacking away at him and getting nowhere!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Like you can talk, Inuyasha," Katsumi said.

"Before, he was doing that himself, though," Shippo agreed.

"Shh," Miroku told him.

"Hey, Mouryoumaru! I'll tear off that arm of yours and drag out Naraku's heart that you've hidden inside!" Inuyasha said

"Kukuku... Hidden, huh?" Mouryoumaru said. "I'm hiding nothing. Though you know it's inside of me, you won't even be able to just touch it. When that woman realized it, I had already been thinking of creating this body of powerful armor. For something as worthless as her freedom, she betrayed Naraku, betrayed me... That woman told you the location of Naraku's heart."

'He's talking about Kagura!?' Kagome and Katsumi thought.

"..." Sesshoumaru said.

"Kukuku... That woman was truly a fool..." Mouryoumaru said. "At the least, if she'd brought Kohaku's shikon shard to me, she could have lived a little longer..."

"!" Sango said, furrowing her brow.

"She came to a clear, generous decision, but in the end... she died a miserable death," Mouryoumaru said. "And so, this means she has truly died in vain. Because not one of you here will be able to fulfill Kagura's final wish, will you."

"You bastard!!" Katsumi growled.

"Shut up!!" Inuyasha yelled. "If you say anything else, you bastard, I won't forgive you!" He was charging to attack Mouryoumaru, when a huge blast of energy nearly turned him into toast. "!" The blast was strong enough to knock Mouryoumaru back. Sesshoumaru stood with Tokijin held at the ready, prepared to continue the fight.

"Sesshoumaru...!" Inuyasha said.

"Gah...!" Mouryoumaru said, disturbed part of his shell had broken and half his face was missing.

"Oh...!" Kagome said.

"The armored shell broke!" Miroku said. Sesshoumaru flew at Mouryoumaru. Mouryoumaru fired more adamant spears at Sesshoumaru, but he knocked them aside. Sesshoumaru aimed for the spot Katsumi had cut away.

'Even Sesshoumaru... is angry?' Katsumi and Kagome thought. Sesshoumaru stabbed his sword straight into Mouryoumaru's armor.

"Heh," Mouryoumaru said, smirking. Grinding and cricking noises were coming from Tokijin.

"Sesshoumaru, pull your sword out!" Inuyasha yelled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 1.6K 35
Chiyomaru is Inuyasha's younger twin sister, a mortal girl who's demonic powers were taken from her in the womb by Inuyasha. Only powers that remaine...
22.2K 952 61
An Inuyasha x Oc story where we follow a girl named Kagami and her adventures back in time. A journey of discovery to find her purpose in the Feudal...
292 29 14
Tsukiko Shinigami was an ordinary 15-year-old girl living in Tokyo, Japan, in 1996. Her life changed forever when she visited her friend Kagome only...
30.5K 618 32
A female half demon named Masaru joins Inuyasha and the others on their journey but after some time she realizes that she may or may not have fallen...