only angel- harry potter

By foreverwinterlover

Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 8

1.5K 32 41
By foreverwinterlover

A month and a half had passed since the Yule Ball and the second task was drawing nearer and nearer. 

Ron and Hermione had made peace with each other only to ease Harry who was stressing about the second task. He still hadn't found out what the clue from the egg was. 

At the moment, Harry was peering over the mountains that hid Hogwarts with Riley and Hermione. 

After the Yule Ball, Riley had become much closer to him. He always felt awkward whenever she would come up to him and hug him or show affection to him. 

A month before, Noah had admitted his feelings for Riley to Harry, and being loyal to Noah he tried his hardest to avoid her affection.

"Harry you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now!" Hermione said worriedly.

"Really? I had no idea. I suppose Viktor's already figured it out," Harry muttered.

"I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being," Hermione raised her eyebrows as she spoke which caused Riley to snort. 

Harry grinned at the blonde's reaction.

"I just mean he's not particularly... mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually,"

"Sounds like a stalker to me," Riley sang which caused her brunette friend to slap her arm.

"You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?" Hermione asked Harry who was staring off into the blue sky.

"What's that supposed to mean?" the chosen one turned his attention to his best friend.

"I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time," Hermione told him.

"Great pep talk, Mione, I could never," Riley told the two as they all shared a good laugh.

"Hey Potter, Granger, Madden," Cedric Diggory ran up to Harry.

"Cedric," Harry nodded at him.

"How are you?" The handsome Hufflepuff asked Harry who looked surprised.

"Spectacular," Harry answered, looking at Riley and Hermione in confusion.

"Look I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons," Cedric gave him a winning smile.

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me," Harry tried walking away but Cedric grabbed his arm gently.

"Exactly. You know the prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor?" Cedric asked the Gryffindor.

Harry nodded.

"It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water," Cedric whispered in his ear and then ran off to catch up with his Hufflepuff friends.

Riley and Hermione walked up to him.

"Have you found out anything?" Riley asked him cocking her head to the side.

"I think so? Although I'm slightly confused," Harry grinned.

"I'll be right back," the boy who lived ran to the Gryffindor common room making Riley and Hermione glance at each other in a puzzled manner.

"So now that it's just us have you and Vitork kissed at all?" Riley asked Hermione whose cheeks immediately flamed.

"Maybe...once, like a week ago he brought me all of my necessary books from the library and it just happened," she looked down, her cheeks pink.

"Ooh," Riley said poking Hermione in the ribs.

"HUSH, it isn't a big deal or anything it was just a kiss, nothing steamy or anything," Hermione stated looking around, making sure that no one was eavesdropping.

"Still it was your first kiss! I can't believe you didn't tell me, Hazel, Amira, and Ginny!" 

Riley had become quite fond of the youngest Weasley over the months. She was funny and kind which Riley appreciated. 

"I don't know! I didn't tell anyone because I just forgot!"

"Mhm sure," Riley whistled.

"But I have to say it's a little weird with the age difference," Riley shrugged her shoulders and shivered.

Hermione didn't respond and suddenly found her fingernails interesting.

Wasn't she supposed to be smart? Riley thought.

"Well, what about you there is clearly chemistry between you and Noah!" Hermione shoved the American gently who shook her head vigorously.

"No, I don't like Noah like that, he's like a brother to me," Riley thought about her best friend.

"And you know I like Harry!" Riley stared at her British friend.

"I know but it wouldn't hurt to just forget about him. Noah is a nice guy! And it's clear that he likes you," Hermione said.

"Yeah, remember when we had the fight over Harry?" Riley asked her friend who nodded.

"Yeah, well I figured out that he liked me and he figured out that I liked Harry so he was pretty much heartbroken," Riley recalled the ugly memories of her fight with Noah.

"And even in the heat of the moment he called me a slut," the blonde said which made Hermione clap a hand over her mouth.

"Wow, I didn't know that Riley, I'm sorry," the girl rubbed her thumb over Riley's hand out of comfort.

"It's ok we're over that but it still hurt a lot coming from my best friend. I know you went through the exact same thing with Ron when he was acting like a dick,"

"Ron is something else," Hermione sucked in a breath.

"Cheers to that, do you wanna go get some lunch?" Riley asked her friend.

"Yeah, I'd like that," Hermione smiled at her as they linked arms and headed in the direction of the Great Hall.

....

Harry was currently in the prefect's bathroom stripping off his clothes and entering the large bathtub at the center of the bathroom. 

He had also brought his golden egg from the first task like Cedric had told him to.

"I must be out of my mind," Harry mumbled as he opened up the egg causing a horrendous scream that made him close the egg almost immediately.

"I'd try putting it in the water if I were you," a ghostly figure with pigtails and glasses said in a high-pitched voice.

"Myrtle!" Harry said in surprise. He hadn't seen the ghost in two years since his adventure in his second year.

"Long time no see," the ghost giggled as she flew around the bathroom in glee.

"I was circling a blocked drain the other day and could swear I saw a bit of polyjuice potion. Not being a bad boy again are you Harry?" Myrtle said giving Harry a sly smile.

"Polyjuice potion! Kicked the habit. Myrtle, did you say try putting it in the water?" Harry asked her, his eyebrows furrowing with interest.

Myrtle flew around and dived in the water next to Harry.

Harry raised his eyebrows as he tried to bring the soapy water to his chest to cover him up slightly.

"Well. That's what he did. The other boy, the handsome one. Cedric," the ghost tried to make Harry jealous.

Harry ignored her and took the egg and opened it underwater. He then ducked his head underwater and heard a beautiful voice singing.

"Come seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground. An hour-long you'll have to look, to recover what we took," the voice sang.

Harry shot his head up and choked on the water. Myrtle mocked his actions before offering him a smirk.

"Myrtle, there aren't Merpeople in the black lake are there?" he asked her.

"Ahhh, very good. Took Cedric ages to riddle it out. Almost all the bubbles were gone..." the ghost simpered as she started getting closer and closer to the boy.

Myrtle laughed at Harry's embarrassment when she rested her head on his bare chest.

"It sure is lovely being the chosen one," Harry sighed while Myrtle cackled.

....

It was the night before the second task and Harry, Ron, Hermione, Riley, Amira, Hazel, and Noah all sat in the library together.

"Harry, tell me again," Hermione asked pacing around the room, acting as if she was the one who was going to do the task.

"Come seek us where our voices sound," Harry sounded annoyed as this was the fifth time Hermione had asked him.

"The black lake, that's obvious," the brunette stated hanging on to each of his words.

"An hour-long you'll have to look," Harry continued.

"Again obvious," Hazel said. "You'll have an hour to look for something,"

"What do you think the champions have to look for?" Amira asked the group.

"Maybe some kind of treasure?" Noah looked at Amira.

"This all honestly sounds problematic," Riley said while writing her potions essay for Professor Snape.

"Problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Riley? Harry asked the blonde.

"Hey, calm down all I said was that it was problematic," Riley raised her hands up in surrender.

"Look Harry, we can do this. The seven of us can figure it out," Hermione said, placing a hand on his shoulder and squeezing it encouragingly.

Suddenly Mad-Eye Moody appeared.

"Hate to break up this scholarly session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office. Not you Potter, just Weasley, and Granger," the professor grumbled without acknowledging the American students.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and..." Hermione started but was interrupted by Moody's grunt.

"Exactly. Presumably, Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. You American students should also go to sleep. Go. Now! Longbottom!" Professor Moody called, snapping his fingers as Neville appeared from behind a bookcase. 

The American students rolled their eyes at the professor's comment but packed up.

"Night, Harry," Riley waved at him.

"Get some sleep, ok? You'll do amazing," Amira told Harry giving him a quick hug.

"Longbottom, why don't you help Potter put his books back," he said as he disappeared with Ron and Hermione.

As Neville peered at what Harry was reading he said, "You know, if you're interested in plants you'd be better with Gorshok's Guide to Herbology. Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal who's growing gravity-resistant trees?"

"Neville. No offense, but I really don't care about plants. Now if there's a Tibetan turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour then great," Harry replied turning to the Herbology book trying to find something to help him.

"I don't know about a turnip but you can always use gillyweed!" Neville said happily.

....

Every student woke up bright and early to meet by the black late. A lot of the students brought their breakfast over.

While at the waiting dock to get transferred to the main platform where the task was Riley could hear Fred and George yelling obnoxiously at people to take bets.

"Don't be so mean," Ginny rolled her eyes as she shoved through her older brothers who ignored her comment and started yelling once again.

"Hello ladies and gent, would you like to take any bets today?" George grinned at Riley, Amira, Hazel, and Noah.

"No not today either, nice try George," Hazel smirked at him.

"Alright well, would you like to join me, my lady in pissing off people?" George asked her, offering his hand.

"Fine but only if we piss off Malfoy the most," she said and then took his arm.

"I'll see you all on the platform!" she called to her friends who waved.

"You're sure about this Neville?" Harry asked the taller boy beside him as he held the gillyweed in his palm.

Before Neville could respond, he was interrupted by the Ilvermorny students joining him and Harry on a dock with many boats.

"Hey Harry," Riley greeted as she narrowed her eyes at the wet plant in his hand.

"Hey Riley," he offered her a polite smile that didn't mask his anxiety at all.

"Come on now on the boat the challenge starts soon!" a professor called from one of the boats.

The Ilvermorny students and Harry and Neville joined the professor on the boat as he used his wand to spur the engine to life.

It started moving immediately towards three long tower-looking platforms.

"What's that in your hand, Harry?" Amira gestured to the green plant in his palm.

"Something called gillyweed it's supposed to help you breathe underwater," he explained to the Muslim girl.

"Do you reckon it'll work?" Noah asked him.

"Absolutely!" Neville said with confidence.

"For an hour?" the green-eyed boy stared at Neville whose face turned pale.

"Most likely,"

"Most likely?" Harry looked outraged.

"Well, there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of freshwater versus saltwater..." Neville muttered.

"You're telling me this now? You must be joking," Harry said as the boat pulled up at one of the towers.

"There's no need to take your anger out on him, mate," Noah told him.

"Yeah! He was trying his best," Riley added.

"Thanks, guys," Neville gave them a small smile before turning away to hide his reddening cheeks.

"Well, that makes you sight better than Ron and Hermione. Where are they anyway?" Harry asked as they all got out of the boat.

"I haven't seen them at all," Amira said.

"Same here," Riley added.

"You seem a little tense, Harry," Neville put his hand on Harry's shoulder gently.

"Do I?" Harry looked at him.

"Potter! Over here next to the champions!" Barty Crouch placed a meaty hand on Harry's and led him to where the other champions were.

"Good luck!" Noah shouted before the boy who lived disappeared in a swarm of Headmasters and spectators.

"You three, take your seats," the Ilvermorny Principal told Riley, Amira, and Noah as Neville had left to go sit beside Ginny Weasley.

"Tell Maddie good luck from me won't you, Principal Cohen?" Riley asked her principal.

"I will be sure to tell her that, now go sit over there," she pointed to a couple of vacant seats in front of Draco Malfoy and his Slytherin friends.

As they walked up the stairs and towards the seats Riley groaned.

"Why does it have to be them," 

"It'll be alright," Amira reassured as she pat her friend's head.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here, you seriously can't resist me can you, Madden?" Draco smirked at Riley.

"I actually can. Principal Cohen just made me sit here," Riley stood up to peer at Harry who had taken off his shirt. He had a lean fit body. 

Riley's stomach did a flip.

"That's what they all say," Pansy Parkinson leered at her, her face twisting disgustingly.

"Can you lot shut up!" Noah angrily turned around and glared at Malfoy and his goons who flexed their muscles threateningly. 

"You should keep your disgusting mouth shut pugface," Riley shouted at Pansy.

"There's no need to get upset over me, darling," Malfoy smirked at the attention he was receiving as the American rolled her eyes with annoyance.

"Can you please leave her alone," Amira said quietly, shaking her head.

"Ah, the terrorist speaks!" Millicent Bulstrode sniggered which caused Amira to have tears in her eyes.

"Aww are you gonna cry about it, little terrorist?" Pansy mocked, using a baby voice.

Just before Riley was about to punch Pansy and Millicent she was held back by her friends.

"Don't do it, Riles, they're not worth it," Amira held her friend's arm, her eyes glossy.

"Firecracker aren't you?" Draco chuckled at Riley who gave him a death stare that made his eyes widen.

"Can you all shut up and leave them alone? Bloody hell," said a handsome dark-skinned boy with high cheekbones who wore Slytherin robes. He was seated next to one of Draco's goons.

The Slytherins all quieted down.

"Whatever, Blaise," Millicent scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Thanks," Amira said in a small voice. She had tears streaming down her face.

"No problem," he smiled at her.

"You seem tame in comparison to these other Slytherins," Noah looked at the other Slytherins.

"Well, I try," the handsome Slytherin beamed.

"What's your name?" Riley asked him.

"Blaise Zabini," he held out his hand for Riley to shake which she did.

"Well I'm Riley Madden, this is Amira Ahmed," she pointed to Amira who gave a small wave. 

"And this is Noah Sanders," she pointed at Noah who nodded.

"I know. All you Americans have had a huge impression on us, also Noah used to go here, you used to be in Gryffindor I think, right?" Blaise said.

"Yeah, I was," Noah smiled at him.

Before they could continue their conversation they were interrupted by Dumbledore's loud voice over the speaker system.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These five treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion needs only to find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own," Dumbledore stated.

From below Riley could see Professor Moody handing Harry the gillyweed. Harry put it in his mouth and started coughing.

"Is he okay?" Amira whispered to her.

"I mean if you ate that would you be okay?" Riley said.

"Fair point," Amira whispered as she watched the champions below her.

"You may begin at the start of the cannon-" Dumbledore started but was interrupted by the sound of the cannon.

All four of the champions dived into the dark waters except for Harry who was choking and holding his face with pain. 

Noticing that Harry wasn't going in, Moody forcefully shoved him into the lake.

....

Underwater Harry continued to writhe before he suddenly felt something on his jaw.

He brushed his finger against his jaw and felt gills. Then he looked down at his hands and noticed they had become webbed similar to a reptile. His feet on the other hand had turned into fins.

Out of excitement, he flipped out of the water causing the audience to cheer loudly for him.

He then started to navigate his way through the water.

He suddenly heard the same singing voices he heard from his golden egg and swam towards the source of the melodies.

Harry finally swam into the middle of a clearing and saw five people tied up by their ankles.

He saw Ron, Hermione, Cho, a young girl with blonde hair, and a Hispanic man with curly brown hair.

Harry saw Cedric Diggory cast a spell to undo Cho's bounds. He grabbed her waist and looked at Harry pointing at his watch with his wand. 

He then swam upward towards the surface of the lake.

He then started to untie Ron's bounds and then set off to do Hermione's but was immediately stopped by multiple vicious-looking mermaids that held sharp tritons to his neck.

"But she's my friend too!" he told them, fear erupting in his body.

The mermaid in front of him screeched.

"Only one!" it screeched and then fled elsewhere into the sea kelp.

Suddenly Harry saw Maddie Carrelli swoop in and use her wand to untie the man with the curly hair. 

Maddie grabbed his body and started swimming upward.

Harry looked around worriedly when he saw a shark rush towards him. The shark bit through Hermione's ropes. Harry then realized that it was Krum when he saw the shark's legs.

Harry waited for a bit and looked at the young girl who was the only one that hadn't been rescued. 

Oh, fuck it he thought as he whipped out his wand and released the girl from her binds.

He pulled Ron towards the direction of the little girl and then grabbed the two of them and started heading to the surface.

Before he could start swimming he was suddenly pulled down by the angry mermaids.

 He pushed Ron and the girl up toward the surface.

Harry cast a spell to ward off the mermaids and then used it again to propel him towards the surface.

He immediately flew out and landed on the deck where the crowd was.

Harry was spitting out water from his mouth.

"Harry!" Dumbledore said putting a towel over him.

"Get him another towel!" Barty Crouch shouted as Harry lay shivering.

"I want all the judges over here now," Dumbledore yelled as the judges and he all huddled up together.

"Oh, Harry!" Riley ran down the steps and rushed towards the platform where he was. She bent down and hugged him. 

"Riley!" he said, wrapping an arm around her.

Suddenly Fleur Delacour went up to him, sobs coming from her throat.

"You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!" Fleur kissed his cheeks which caused Harry to blush.

"Thank you! And you..." she looked at Ron with gratitude. "You helped!"

"Well yeah a bit," Ron said which earned him kisses on the cheeks.

"Merci," Ron touched his cheeks where the French girl had kissed him.

Hermione barged up to Harry with a towel and wrapped it around him.

"Are you alright? You must be freezing! Personally, I think you behaved admirably," she said smiling at him. Her hair was also damp and she was wrapped in a towel.

"I finished last Hermione," he looked disappointed despite his heroic actions.

Hermione kissed his forehead.

"Next to last anyways, Fleur never got past the grindylows!" Riley shared a smile with the boy who lived.

"Attention! Attention! The winner is... Mr. Diggory!" Dumbledore said as Cedric had a huge smile on his face as his friends carried his jersey up.

"For showing unique command of the bubblehead charm. The way I see it, Mr. Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr. Weasley but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fibre," Dumbledore continued with a look of pride on his face.

Harry's friends cheered for him as they lifted him in the air.

....

Later that night Hagrid brought Harry, Ron, and Hermione to the Forbidden forest.

"So I remember, I remember when I first met you all. Biggest bunch of misfits I've ever set eyes on. Always reminded me of myself a little. And here we all are, four years later!"Hagrid cheered.

Hermione had a smile on her face. She had a blanket covering her shivering body.

"We're still misfits," Ron chuckled.

"Maybe. But we've all got each other, and Harry of course. Soon to be! The youngest! Tri-Wizard champion there's ever been! Hooray!" Hagrid cheered.

Then Hagrid, Ron, and Hermione joined together and started singing the Hogwarts school anthem.

Harry paused and winced. His scar burned.

He looked down and saw Barty Crouch laying motionless on the floor. His eyes were wide open but he wasn't breathing.

....

That was chapter 8! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I get Monday off so I'm relieved to have a day off. Anyways have a great weekend!

xx Asiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
1.1K 31 41
After a fun and eventful Summer, Y/N is going to face some challenges during her fourth year at Hogwarts. Challenges that will force her to question...
429K 15K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...
1.4M 43.2K 115
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜›๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ข๏ฟฝ...