The Unknown Doppelganger

By FanFicLaura

A new arrival has appeared in Mystic Falls to interrupt the known line of Doppelgangers: Amara, Tatia, Kateri... More

Dalia Petrova
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirtheen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Two

890 25 3
By FanFicLaura

Dalia slowly stretched out her limbs as she awoke. She sighed and rolled over onto her stomach as she mushed her face into the pillow lightly, letting out a muffled huff. The night had been filled with gasps as Dalia awoke from her sleep, the dreams she had weren't the nicest. It was mostly a repetition of what had happened the day before.
Forcing herself to get out of her bed and walked into the bathroom, she walked to the mirror and looked at herself. She had been through so much since she'd come to Mystic, and at this point, wasn't really sure if that was for the better or not. She brought her hand up to run her fingers through her hair as she closed her eyes to take a breather. After a moment she looked at herself in the mirror again, and decided to try and push the bad thoughts into the back of her mind and try to focus on the positives... however few there may be. Wanting to make herself more presentable she hopped into the shower, hoping that would also help her mentality. 

After spending probably more time than needed basking in the warm water, Dalia finally left the shower and bathroom, entering her adjoining bedroom with a towel wrapped around her. Taking a few minutes to ready herself she was then ready to leave the comfort of her bedroom. Trudging down the staircase it didn't take long before she made her way into the kitchen where she saw Kol sitting, phone in a hand. At the sight of him, Dalia smiled lightly. 
"Hello there," she said approaching him, already feeling slightly better.
Looking up from his phone, Kol mirrored her smile. "Look who decided to grace us with her presence."
"Us?" Dalia questioned, taking a seat. 
"There's more than just you and Kol in this house." Rebekah's voice sprung from nowhere as she made her way into the kitchen.
Dalia rolled her eyes lightly at Rebekah before speaking, "Where's Klaus and Elijah?"
"Elijah's gone into town and Nik's in bed," Kol told, returning to tapping on his phone screen.
"D'you want something to eat?" Bekah asked, scanning the fridge shelves.
"No thanks, I'm okay for now... I'm gonna go get my phone," Hopping off her chair Dalia left the room and headed back upstairs. Though she walked past her bedroom and instead headed to Klaus's room. As she stood outside his door she bit her lip, before quietly pushing the door open and peeking inside. Seeing the Original still asleep in his bed, she began to creep into the room until she was by his bedside. 
She began to examine his features as she stood there before noticing a rogue feather on his cheek, presumably from his pillows. Reaching her hand towards the feather she gasped when suddenly her wrist was grabbed. Her gaze quickly shifted to see Klaus' eyes were still closed though he held a playful smirk. "What're you doing?" 
"Well right now I'm waiting for my hand to be released," she sassed, wiggling her wrist in his hand. Klaus finally opened his eyes, the smirk remaining as he released his grip. "How long were you really awake?" Dalia asked, arching an eyebrow.
"Since you stood outside my door and your heartbeat went up," he teased, as he propped himself up in the bed. Dalia's eyes trailed downwards as the covers fell to the Original's waist, exposing his toned torso. "There, it just went up again." Klaus grinned, commenting on her heartbeat. 
Blinking back to reality, Dalia regained composure and tore her eyes away from his chest. "I'll let you get dressed." And with that the doppelganger spun on her heels and left the bedroom, cursing herself and wondering if her heartrate had actually increased or if Klaus was just playing with her. Regardless, she made her way back to the kitchen where Rebekah and Kol remained. 
"Get your phone?"
"Uh?" Dalia asked, snapping herself from her wandering mind. 
"The thing you went upstairs for?" Rebekah pointed out, with a slight smile as she placed a plate on the table
"Oh yeah." Dalia lied with nod, eyes landing on the plate. 
Noticing her gaze Kol spoke, "It's for you, we already had some bloog bags." He passed by her, tapping his phone against her head. 
"Where are you going?" she asked, taking a seat in front of the plate. 
"Don't worry darling, I'm just popping out. It seems someone drank the majority of our alcohol... Rebekah?" he mumbled the last part as he put on his jacket. 
"Excuse me...."
Before Bekah could finish she was cut off by another voice, "You're excused." Klaus chimed as he entered the room, a cheeky grin on his lips. 

The rest of the day in the house had run pretty smoothly. Dalia had either occupied herself with some reading, or mindless watching tv in the company of either Rebekah or Klaus. Nightfall rolled in and Dalia was flicking through the gallery on her phone. She tried to hider her smile as she looked at the pictures of her and the Mystic gang. That was until she came across the pictures of her and Tyler. Instead of trying to hide a smile, she was trying to fight back tears that threatened to fall, a reminder of how angry she was at herself for her stupidity. Tapping the screen she quickly exited out of the gallery and placed her phone down on the coffee table just as she heard the front door open. Her lost smile soon reappeared as she saw Elijah and Kol enter.
"It's about time," Rebekah piped as she stood up from the couch. 
"Keep talking and you get none," Kol playfully threatened as he placed down the bag containing whatever alcohol he'd purchased... or likely compelled. 
"Do you think you two could not bicker for once?" Elijah asked rhetorically as he fixed his cufflinks. 
The younger siblings looked at each other before back to Elijah. "No", both scoffed in sync.
Dalia chuckled and shook her head as Klaus and Elijah began to put the bottles away, chatting amongst themselves. Whilst watching the pair, she felt and dip in the couch and turned to see Kol had sat next to her. 
"Miss me, darling?" 
The doppelganger shrugged and pursed her lips. "Hardly noticed you were gone."
Kol fake gasped before standing again, "Well, that's me off to bed."
"Already?" Dalia asked, knitting her eyebrows. 
"Me too," Rebekah breathing. "Big day tomorrow Nik," she added as she and Kol began to leave the living room. 
Knitted eyebrows were met by narrowed eyes as Dalia shifted her gaze to look at Klaus. "Big day?"
Rebekah temporarily stopped in her tracks as Klaus shot her a glare, "That's definitely me off," she muttered before disappearing in a blur. Elijah followed suit as Klaus made his way towards Dalia and sat on the edge of the coffee table in front of her. 
"A big day that I wasn't told about, that's not worrying at all," Dalia remarked sarcastically as she watched Niklaus sit. 
"It's nothing. Elijah, Rebekah, and I have to go out of town tomorrow. Mikaelson business. Kol said he'd say with you." Klaus explaining, adding a smile as he mentioned that she wouldn't be left alone.
"And can I know what this Mikaelson business is?" 
Klaus chuckled lightly and shook his head. "I'm afraid not love," he said as he stood up, and outstretched his hand towards her. As Dalia was about to take it he spoke again, "Last time I checked you weren't a Mikaelson," he taunted.
The Petrova glared and slapped his hand away as she stood to her feet and grabbed her phone. Klaus was grinning and Dalia was holding back a smile, neither actually bothered by the other's actions or words. "I thankfully am not, those Mikaelson's are ruthless."
"That we are," Klaus playfully agreed. "I'll try to get back as soon as I can tomorrow."
Dalia nodded and looked at him for a moment before turning with the intent to head to bed. Before she took a step, she turned back to face Klaus. "This might be a silly thing to say to an Original, let alone you but, be careful."
Her little display of care had Klaus smiling as he nodded. "I'll try love."
Flashing one last smile Dalia finally took off and headed up the stairs. Once she reached her bedroom she changed her clothes and then got settled in bed. Dalia was sat upright in the bed, staring at her phone. Having selected all the pictures of her and Tyler, her finger was hovering over the trash icon, but that's all it could do, hover. Huffing frustrated she exited the gallery and instead went to her messages. 

To: Damon xxx
Hi.

Dalia shook her head as she hit backspace vigorously, getting rid of what she'd typed, before returning to type something else.

To: Damon xxx
I miss you....

She groaned quietly as she deleted the words again.

To: Damon xxx
I'm sorry for up and leaving and not replying. I wanted to let you know I'm fine and I'm missing you. 
But, I can't come back. Don't tell the others I'm texting you or they'll bombard me. I really do miss you though!

She stared at the screen for a few seconds before just closing her eyes and hitting send. She opened her eyes and let out a breath. Within a minute, her phone vibrated; a message from Damon.

From: Damon xxx
I'm so glad you're okay! I miss you too Dalia, we all do!!! Please come back... Tyler's gone... come home

Dalia sighed as she finished reading the message. She felt tears welling in her eyes.
Home; it had been a home of sorts to her because of the people there. Yes, things had been rocky, but that was her life in a nutshell. The people at the boarding house didn't eliminate the rockiness, but they were willing to stick with her through it, and that was something she really appreciated, something she'd been needing, a home, a family. But, she couldn't just go running back there. While Tyler was out of town now, Dalia couldn't just leave the Mikaelsons, she had connections to them too, they offered her a home, and family too. Her staying here wasn't her picking sides, she simply just wasn't going to allow herself to dip on another situation. 

To: Damon xxx
I can't come back... try to understand. It's late so, let's not do this right now. But believe me, I miss you the most.I promise I'll call you tomorrow when I can.

From: Damon xxx
Okay, love you! Goodnight

To: Damon xxx
Love you too! Sweet dreams

**********************************
Thank you to everyone who's been commenting on the story, it keeps me motivated to continue writing, and thank you to everyone that votes on the chapter as well.
I know I take long breaks between chapters but it's because I'm a college student and that takes up a large majority of my time xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

738 23 27
"β„π“‰π“ˆ β„΄π“€π’Άπ“Ž 𝓉ℴ 𝓁ℴ𝓋ℯ 𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓂 π’·β„΄π“‰π’½οΌŽβ„ 𝒹𝒾𝒹" It's 1864.. Evelina Petrova and Katerina Petrova we're travelling in mystic falls when they arriv...
126K 2.9K 49
What if before the Mikaelsons were turned, Kol had a great love, who was spelled by Esther to reincarnate every time she died? Join Brenna on her jou...
619K 15.4K 30
When Katerina Petrova was only human, she was tricked into falling in love with Niklaus Mikaelson, the original hybrid who was only going to use her...
34.1K 706 31
When Leah Black moves to the new mysterious town of Mystic Falls, she finds her self intertwined with the supernatural world. This leads her to meet...