only angel- harry potter

By foreverwinterlover

Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4

2.5K 52 91
By foreverwinterlover

Three weeks passed and a lot more students put their names into the goblet of fire including Gryffindor's own Angelina Johnson.

Fred and George finally came out of the hospital white-hair-free and were back to playing their pranks on everyone. 

Riley even joined them in a certain prank on Ron. They had baked up pastries and jinxed them so that when Ron ate them he grew red spots on his face. Ron was in the hospital wing for a day and Professor McGonagall, the transfiguration teacher was not pleased with the three at all.

Riley's crush on Harry grew more as he was always kind enough to help her with her transfiguration homework because Ilvermorny was behind on Transfiguration.

Hermione was always happy to help but then she noted that Riley had a crush on Harry so she let it go.

 Hermione also noticed how sad Riley would get when Harry would stare after Cho Chang so she would always distract Riley. In addition, Riley would always have her Walkman with her so she would drown her distractions out with ABBA.

Draco Malfoy never stopped flirting with Riley. He would always try and touch her as well. Once when they were partners in transfiguration class he would always try to grab her thigh and touch her inappropriately which would result in her slapping him. 

In addition, Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode would always insult Riley. Pansy had a huge crush on Draco and was upset that Riley was getting a lot of attention from the Slytherin prince.

 Millicent was Pansy's best friend so she by default was always defending her.

 They would always make mean remarks about her which would result in Riley hexing them and receiving detention from the Hogwarts professors.

Over the span of three weeks, Riley had several detentions from the potions professor Severus Snape for arguing with him regularly. 

In addition, she would send her parents letters about what was going on frequently. Peaches grew fat over all of the treats Riley would give him for delivering the letters.

....

"Professor Snape, can I please leave they're announcing the champions tonight and I haven't had dinner yet!" Riley moaned. 

She was currently in one of the potions classrooms mopping the floor without magic. It was a Friday so she was out of uniform and in a striped sweatshirt and black skinny jeans.

Professor Snape had the hint of a smile but it quickly faded. He was sitting at his desk grading papers.

"I still see leaves on the floor, Ms. Madden," he stated then looked back at the parchment in front of him.

"Come on Severus," Riley teased which made the potions professor snap his greasy head up and glare at her.

"Sorry, sorry, I mean Professor Snape," she put her hands up in defeat and then started brooming the last couple of leaves and dumping them into the garbage can.

"Now can I leave?" the American put one hand on her hip.

The professor looked up at her with a twinge of annoyance.

"Yes, you may leave, Ms. Madden," he said silkily.

"Thanks, Snappity Snape," Riley skipped out of the classroom and sauntered over to the great hall.

She walked in and noticed that every single school was in there and all talking. She saw Noah's hand at the Gryffindor table and motioned for her to come to the table.

"Hey everyone," she said and then quickly got a plate and piled a large amount of hot buttery mashed potatoes on it.

When everyone stared at her she said "What? At least I don't eat as much as Ron," which made the twins double in laughter.

"No one can eat as much as Ron," George said while staring at Ron whose face had become as red as his hair. 

He too had a plate full of mashed potatoes in front of him.

"That's true," Harry said, adjusting his glasses and then grinning at the Weasley twin.

"Who cares? I'm hungry," Ron crossed his arms.

"It's ok Ronnykins, you can eat as much as you want," Fred ruffled Ron's hair.

"Yeah, it's ok Ron, I can put more mashed potatoes on your plate if you'd like," Hazel grinned at him.

"Just let the poor soul eat!" Amira said shaking her head slightly.

"Ronnykins knows we make fun of him because," Fred started.

"We love him," George finished and then the twins started making kissing sounds which made Riley laugh hard.

The headmaster of Hogwarts walked towards his podium so the Gryffindor table was silenced.

"Sit down, please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" the old headmaster boomed. 

The Hogwarts headmaster neared the goblet which had vibrant blue flames coming out of it. A paper came out of the cup.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!" He said looking in the direction of the Slytherin table where the Durmstrang students were seated.

The Slytherin table and the Durmstrang students erupted with cheers.

Krum stood up and walked over to Dumbledore with a smile on his face. Dumbledore shook his hand and motioned Krum over to a room.

Riley subtly glanced at Harry who was clapping for the Bulgarian Quidditch star.

Another name came out of the goblet. Dumbledore caught it and then looked at it.

"The champion from Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour," he read it as the Ravenclaw table clapped as Fleur sat at their table along with the other Beauxbatons.

"I don't think she should go in the tournament I mean she could mess up that pretty face of hers!" Ron said, staring after her as Fred punched his arm.

The girl in blue strutted towards Dumbledore and carried a polite smile. They shook hands and then Dumbledore also motioned Fleur to the same room as Krum.

Another name came out of the goblet and Dumbledore peered at it under his glasses.

"The Ilvermorny champion...is Madison Carrelli!"

Riley got up and screamed for Madison. Maddie was a beautiful senior with auburn hair that had blue streaks. 

When Riley was younger the senior used to babysit her and now whenever she asks Maddie tutors her. She was a kind girl who got top marks.

Every Ilvermorny was on their feet for Maddie. Amira stomped her feet along with Hazel. Noah cheered loudly. He along with many others had a crush on the senior.

Maddie came from the Hufflepuff table with a grin on her face as she tried to shush the Ilvermorny high schoolers.

"Shut up!" she yelled as she went up to the Hogwarts headmaster who led her to the same room as the other champions.

"You all are definitely the loudest school here," Harry clapped.

"Yup yup we take total pride in being loud obnoxious Americans," Riley said.

"Well, you're the only loud obnoxious American here, Riley. Me and Amira are pretty sane and classy compared to you," Hazel replied.

"I bet we'll be ten times louder," Fred and George said in unison.

"Do you really want to make that bet?" Noah asked them.

"No no no let them I'll be winning in the end," Riley smirked.

"Oh lord, here we go again," Amira said.

They were paused by the last name coming out of the goblet.

"The Hogwarts champion...Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore said. 

The Hogwarts students cheered.

 Fred and George were the loudest even though they didn't know Cedric to try and win the bet.

Once the applause died down Riley whispered to the twins "I won, you two owe me a soda,"

The twins stared at each other for a moment, matching sighs coming from their mouths.

"Excellent! We now have our four champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore said.

A glimmering glass cup was featured. It was beautiful.

Everyone started to cheer until the goblet began firing up again with red sparks. Another name flew out of the goblet.

Dumbledore took it and read it, his eyes full of confusion.

"Harry Potter," he whispers which causes everyone to murmur.

"Harry Potter?" everyone's head turned towards Harry who looked shocked.

Riley grabbed his hand and drew circles with her fingers on it. The poor boy looked terrified. Harry looked at her gravely. 

"No...no," A huge man with a large beard said. 

"HARRY POTTER!" Dumbledore screamed.

Hermione shoved Harry urging him to go forward. Riley took her hand off of his.

"Go on Harry. Harry for goodness sake," the brunette girl looked at him with a mix of sympathy and shock.

Ron Weasley on the other hand had a look of jealousy on his face as he glared daggers into Harry's back.

Harry slowly walked towards Dumbledore who gave him the paper with his name on it.

"He's a cheat!" Someone from Hufflepuff sneered.

"He's not even seventeen yet!" someone else spat.

The teachers all looked at Harry sympathetically as he went into the room.

"Poor Harry," Riley said softly as her heart ached for the boy who lived.

....

Harry Potter slowly entered the room of champions his hands fumbled with the paper with his name on it.

Fleur, Krum, Cedric, and Maddie all looked in confusion at the fourteen-year-old.

"Are they calling us back?" Maddie asked Harry.

"Er-" Harry started but was soon interrupted by Dumbledore and a bunch of others bursting into the room. The Hogwarts headmaster grabbed Harry roughly.

"Harry! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" he practically growled.

"No, sir!" Harry stated nervously.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" The professor pressed.

"No, sir," Harry answered still shocked by the sudden aggression.

"You're absolutely sure?" the intimidating headmaster looked into Harry's green eyes which projected fear.

"Yes, sir!" Harry squeaked as Dumbledore released him.

"Well of course he is lying!" the headmistress of Beauxbatons, Madame Maxime yelled her French accent thick. She was huge, the size of a giant.

"Yeah! He definitely has done something to the goblet!" the principal of Ilvermorny exclaimed.

"The hell he is!" Mad-Eye Moody appeared from behind the giant woman. 

"The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth-year," he explained.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Mad-Eye," the Durmstrang headmaster glared at the man with the cane.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember," Moody looked at him with disgust.

"That doesn't help Alastor. Leave this to you, Barty," Dumbledore said pacing around the room and addressing the man with the bowler hat.

"The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr. Potter has no choice, he is as of tonight... a tri-wizards champion," all the adults and champions looked at Harry who looked like he would pass out.

....

"I feel so sorry for Harry," Riley said. 

"He has to compete in that disgusting competition and he's only fourteen!"

"Well, he kind of deserves it. He put his name in the goblet after all," Noah said shrugging his shoulders.

Riley, Amira, Hazel, and Noah were walking back to the Ilvermorny camp.

"You really think that Harry would willingly want to get killed in this brutal competition?" Riley hissed.

"I mean being the boy who lived he probably is arrogant and wants that kind of attention, Riles," Hazel defended Noah.

"Exactly, thank you, Hazel!" Noah said.

Amira stayed quiet not wanting to interfere in the arguing. Whenever Hazel and Riley would argue she would always tend to not be a part of it. Eventually, she would bake cookies and then the other girls would stop fighting and hug it out.

"Why would Harry purposely put his name in the goblet? He already gets enough attention being the boy who lived why would he want more?" Riley continued

"Riley, I've known Harry for much longer than you have, and sometimes he's a little vain and conceited," he scoffed at her.

"Look guys there's no reason to be aggressive," Amira said softly. Hazel nodded.

"Can we please be civil?" Hazel asked them.

The two arguers paid them no attention.

"Noah, do you remember the first time we had Professor Moody's class and he called Harry out? Harry was blushing! He looked so embarrassed!" Riley exclaimed while glaring at the boy in front of her.

"Why are you defending Harry so much!" Noah suddenly snapped turning his whole body towards her. His voice had never gotten so aggressive. Amira slightly jumped. They all stopped walking. Hazel looked at him in shock.

"Noah, calm down-" Hazel was interrupted by Noah glaring at her.

"NO, I will not calm down, why are you defending him so much? You've only known him for two weeks and you're acting like you've known all of them your whole life!"

Riley stayed quiet and suddenly looked down at her shoes. Her face turned beet red.

"Oh, I see you have a little crush on him don't you," he sneered. 

Riley didn't look at him. 

"Great, fantastic, so that's why you've been a huge slut lately, pulling your little skirt up whenever he walks by so that you hope he sees your panties? I bet you even let Draco Malfoy touch you, like the horny little whore that you are," Noah snapped.

Riley had tears in her eyes. Her lip was trembling.

"What is wrong with you!" Amira squeaked at him.

"Don't you have any shame, who cares if Riley has a crush on Harry, you're just jealous that it isn't you. Everyone knows that you have ALWAYS had a crush on Riley even though you always deny it. So shut the fuck up and move on she's not into you!" Hazel roared at him.

"Fine!" Noah hurried up towards where the Ilvermorny camp was leaving the three girls behind.

At this point, Riley started sobbing into Amira's shoulder.

"Riley, I'm so sorry," Amira said while petting Riley's blonde curls.

"I swear the next time I see him I'm going to be tearing him apart," Hazel's face was serious before she joined the hug.

Riley wiped her tears with the sleeve of her sweatshirt and then gasped at the large wet spot on Amira's beautiful blouse.

"Mimi, I ruined your shirt, I'm so sorry!" the blonde exclaimed.

Amira shrugged it off.

"It's ok, it's just a shirt I can wash it," she shrugged it off.

"I love you guys so much," Riley mumbled and then hugged the girl in the headscarf and the brown-skinned girl.

"We love you too, now it's really cold can we please go inside?" Hazel asked shivering.

"Oh yeah, sorry," Riley sniffed and then held the other two girls' hands and went inside and warmed up by drinking hot chocolate.

....

Hey guys! That was chapter 4. What do yall think of Noah. Also I've been on tik tok so much ahhhh. Anyways let me know what you think of this book in general. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389 7 6
Harry James Potter. Llewellyn Regulus Edwyn Potter. Two Brothers. Twins. One Gryffindor. The other Slytherin. Yin and Yang. Sun and Moon. One Schoo...
653K 14.4K 45
Everybody in the Wizard World seems to know The Boy Who Lived, but nobody ever heard of his little sister untill she goes to Hogwarts. She finds out...
585 58 32
Two friends from different families were once a Beauxbaton students but then transferred to another school; Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardr...
1.2M 30.7K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...