Descendants of The Sun Book 2

By amoets

Sequel of the Snippets. A journey in Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin's life after tying the knot. Humor, romance... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18

Part 4

2.6K 64 5
By amoets

4

Si Jin went home early after receiving the order from the Colonel. He was contemplated how to tell his wife about his dispatchment. He knew this was different from his last three months mission which was causing the news of his death, Dr. Kang didn't need to be worry. But, still, leaving someone you deeply cared and loved was never easy, even for a soldier. When Si Jin arrived, it was quiet, but he knew Dr. Kang was home for her shoes were behind the door. He looked up in their room and saw his wife was sleeping with the blanket on. The one thing that caught his eyes was not the sleeping figure of his wife, but two bottles of medicines on the bedside table.

He quickly approached the table and saw those were antibiotic and a medicine for headache. Si Jin put his hand over Mo Yeon's forehead, her temperature was normal. So, what was the headache medicine for?

Si Jin sat on the bed and looked at his wife closely. She looked very tired and his heart clenched. How was he suppose to leave his wife like this when she needed him the most?

Taking a deep breath, Si Jin tried to wake Mo Yeon. "Dr. Kang..."

After several attempts, Mo Yeon stirred and opened her eyes. She smiled when she saw her husband. "Hey, you're home."

Si Jin frowned. "Are you sick? Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's only a headache. I'm fine," Mo Yeon tried to sit on the bed with Si Jin's help.

"Are you sure?" he asked again.

Mo Yeon nodded, the effect of the medicine still getting on her. "Why are you home early?"

Si Jin took a deep breath and looked at Mo Yeon. "I need to tell you something, but first you need to eat."

Mo Yeon frowned. "I don't really want to."

"But, you need to eat. Please...for me."

The doctor was rarely seeing Si Jin with his pleading face. She thought it was a joke, but when she saw his eyes, it was sincere and he was worried about her. She tried to smile. "Ok."

Si Jin smiled back. "Ok. I'm calling for food delivery. What do you want to eat?"

"Anything is fine," Mo Yeon answered while closing her eyes, her headache started again.

The Major looked at his wife with worry. As long as he knew Mo Yeon, she had never been sick. She even immuned to the M3 virus. Why a simple headache could turn her so weak?

Without taking his eyes off of his wife, Si Jin ordered a take out and changed his uniform to a more comfortable clothes after having a shower. Mo Yeon was still on the bed with her eyes closed, unmoving. When his order arrived, Si Jin took it to their bedroom and shook his wife's body in order to wake her up again. Mo Yeon slowly opened her eyes and smiled. They ate in silence and Si Jin watched his wife until she finished eating. After they finished, Si Jin cleaned up their take outs, helped Mo Yeon took her medicine, and lay himself on the bed next to his wife. Mo Yeon scooted closer and wrapped her arm on Si Jin's waist.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" she asked.

Si Jin went silent.

Mo Yeon furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her husband. "What is it? Another mission?"

He shook his head. "No, it's not." He looked at his wife's eyes. "I'm dispatched to Urk."

Silence.

"How long?"

Si Jin took a deep breath. "Four months."

"Oh."

Mo Yeon lay her head back on the pillow, closing her eyes.

"I'm sorry."

She smiled and opened her eyes. "Why are you sorry? I know it's going to happen sooner or later."

Si Jin caressed his wife's cheek. "I just can't leave you while you're sick. I can ask for cancellation."

"No, don't," Mo Yeon said. "I'm fine. Really."

Her husband smiled a little. "The last time you said those words, you were running away from me after confessing your feelings."

Mo Yeon chuckled and touched her husband's cheek. "Do you remember my vow on our wedding day?" Her eyes were misty while Si Jin held Mo Yeon's hand which was resting on his cheek. "Four months without you is by far easier than the rest of my life without you, and I mean it. So, don't feel sorry. The man I love will do it for his country and that's the one thing I love about you."

"Now, you really said you love me."

Mo Yeon laughed lightly. "Yes, I did."

Si Jin sighed and pulled Mo Yeon closer. "Are you sure you're okay? It's not because of your schedule in the hospital, is it?"

Mo Yeon stilled.

Her husband smiled tenderly. "I'm not going to ask you to tell me if you don't want to. I know it's not because you don't trust me, it's because you don't want to make me worry. Just, please. Take care of yourself. I don't want to spend my four months in Urk worrying about you being sick."

Mo Yeon smiled back. Si Jin was really the one who understood her. "I will. I promise."

"So, I have two days before I have to go. Do you want to watch a movie with me?"

Mo Yeon grinned. "I also ask for a break for three days. Can I see you off?"

Si Jin nodded. "The officers who already married grant permission for their family to see them go."

"Are you going alone or Team Alpha is going with you?"

The Major chuckled. "I'm not their Captain anymore. It's not my duty to babysit them," he looked at Mo Yeon and raised his eyebrows, "your words, not mine. This time, I'm going alone."

"I see." Mo Yeon smiled before her eyes began to droop, as the effect of her medicine.

Si Jin sighed and wrapped his arms around his wife. "Go to sleep. You need to rest."

"Uh-huh..." the doctor mumbled.

He only tightening his embrace and realized his wife was already asleep by her breathing rhythm. Si Jin closed his eyes and kissed Mo Yeon's head. "I'm going to miss you," he whispered to his sleeping wife.

***

The next two days, Si Jin and Mo Yeon spent their days together. Watching movies, eating at a diner or cafe, doing house cores, and anything they could do before Si Jin had to depart to Urk. Mo Yeon didn't feel any headaches anymore and she assumed it was only because of the stress. Spending time with Si Jin improved her mood and it affected her body in a good way.

The last night they spent together, Mo Yeon was helping Si Jin to pack. This was the first time for her to see a soldier prepared himself for deployment.

"How many brown uniforms do you have?" she asked when she saw Si Jin folded a pile of his duty uniforms.

"I have enough," he answered while grinning.

Mo Yeon rolled her eyes and held one of Si Jin's upper uniforms. "Your insignia has changed."

Si Jin smiled. "You've learned."

"I promised to learn all the insignias, didn't I?"

He chuckled. "Yes, you did."

Mo Yeon pursed her lips. "How many guns do you have? Can I borrow one?"

Si Jin stilled and looked at his wife in surprise. "Huh?"

The doctor only shrugged and folded one uniform. "I need to shoot someone."

The Major chuckled and held Mo Yeon's hand. "Is it anything to do with your director or is it anything to do with you suddenly missing from your TV show?"

This time, it was Mo Yeon's turn who went still.

Si Jin smiled. "I told you, I won't ask you to tell me."

"How did you know?"

"Have you forgotten I'm the former Captain? Give me some credit."

"Now, you are really scaring me."

Si Jin laughed lightly. "If you want to shoot someone, you can't use my gun. All the soldiers' guns are registered, even the bullets. You and I can cause big trouble for that."

Mo Yeon raised her eyebrows. "Why are you taking this seriously?"

"You said you want to shoot someone."

"I'm joking."

Si Jin laughed again and pulled Mo Yeon into his arms. "I'm going to miss you, honey."

Mo Yeon smiled and hugged Si Jin back. "Me too. I'm going to miss our banter and sleeping next to you."

Si Jin groaned. "Why are you saying things like that when I'm about to be send away from you?"

The doctor only giggled.

Si Jin narrowed his eyes and leaned away before holding Mo Yeon's shoulders. "Since this is our last night, I can do something about it."

"About what?"

"You sleeping next to me."

He leaned forward to kiss his wife before Mo Yeon stopped him. "What about your packing?"

"I can do it in the morning."

"You will be late."

"Seriously? Don't make me use my Special Forces training to keep you still."

"You can do that?"

"Do you think I can't?"

Si Jin leaned closer while Mo Yeon watched him with wide eyes. "Let me love you, please..."

Either it was because of his voice or because Mo Yeon knew four months were long enough without Si Jin by her side, she finally gave in.

Their packing forgotten.

***

Early in the morning, Si Jin already awake and continued to pack while Mo Yeon was still asleep. His phone buzzed and Dae-young's name appeared on his phone screen.

"Salute."

"Salute. I heard you are dispatch to Urk."

"Yes, I did."

"How's your wife?"

"She's fine, although I'm worried because she's not in fit condition. Do you think you can ask Myeong Ju to keep an eye on her?"

"I can ask her."

Si Jin smiled. "Thank you, Sergeant Seo. By the way, when is your wedding day? I'm sorry if I can't attend it."

"Myeong Ju and I decided to wait until your dispatchment is over. Besides, it has a lot of preparations. Now, I understand why your wife wanted to elope."

Si Jin chuckled. "But, it's worthed. Trust me."

"Good luck, sir. We'll see each other again after four months."

"Thank you and good luck to you too, for your missions. Don't get hurt."

"I will, sir. Salute."

"Salute."

Si Jin smiled and continued to pack, remembering when his wife said she could be jealous of Sergeant Seo.

When he finished packing, Si Jin woke his wife to get ready to the base. They rode using Mo Yeon's car, Big Boss, with Si Jin driving. He already wore his brown uniform with his beret. There were a lot of people by the time they arrived. It was not only Si Jin who got deployed to Urk. There were several officers and they were there with their families. Mo Yeon watched them silently, watching an officer hugged his young son, watching another officer hugged his pregnant wife, and wondering if that would happen to her and her children someday.

All the soldiers lined up in front of the C-17 with Colonel Park. They did the formal departure ceremony before finally the Colonel dismissed them and Si Jin walked to his wife. He released his heavy bag and pulled Mo Yeon into a big hug. Mo Yeon could only hug back.

"I'm going to miss you," he said.

The doctor nodded. "Me too. Take care of yourself. Say hi to Fatima and Valentine if you ever visit them."

"I don't know if I can sneak off from the headquarters, but I'll try."

"Since when does it stops you?"

Si Jin only smiled.

They hugged for a while before Si Jin released his arms and whispered on Mo Yeon's ear, "In case you need a gun, I leave you one in the cupboard."

Mo Yeon's eyes widened while Si Jin grinned and patted his wife's head lovingly. "Remember, don't drink with another guy."

"Oh you..."

Si Jin smiled while picked up his bag and started to walk away when Mo Yeon shouted, "Major Yoo Si Jin!"

The latter went still, a habit being a soldier, and turned to face his wife. Mo Yeon was there with her beautiful smile, the smile as bright as the sun, the smile which made his heartbeat turned faster.

"We'll watch a movie when you return. Yes or no?"

Si Jin blinked before smiling widely. "Yes."

"Take care."

"Thank you and I will."

With last glance, Si Jin turned around and continued to walk to the C-17 along with other soldiers. Mo Yeon was still in the base when the plane took off, carrying her husband away to Urk. Unconsciously, she held her wedding ring, a silent prayer to Si Jin, so they could reunite again.

***

When Mo Yeon returned to work the next day, she greeted by the sight of Captain Lee and Nurse Choi on the corner of the main lobby. The Captain was wearing his green uniform while Nurse Choi looked at him with tender expression and later they hugged. Mo Yeon watched them silently, knowing the Captain probably saying goodbye to the young nurse before doing a mission. She watched them until Captain Lee left Nurse Choi who watched him with sad eyes. Mo Yeon didn't know the progress of their relationship for she was also busy with her ridiculous assignment, but it looked like Nurse Choi and the Captain already had relationship. They reminded her of herself and her husband. With a deep breath, Mo Yeon walked away and headed to her department.

Leaving her assignment for three days brought another level of pressure for the beautiful doctor. Dr. Kim, again, had wrong diagnoses, and she, again, was the one who did the talking to the patients' family. Mo Yeon did everything she could while still doing some surgeries, hoping she wouldn't get any headaches, and thankfully she hadn't had one yet.

Since Si Jin's deployment, they often talked by phone and sometimes if she was lucky, he would do video call from the headquarters. The time zone differences also brought another tricky way for them to communicate, usually they communicated in the afternoon when it was nearly morning in Urk.

When another month passed, after having another heat discussion with Dr. Kim, Mo Yeon was having another headache. This time, she asked for Dr. Pyo's help to have some diagnoses. When her friend asked for any symptoms and Mo Yeon answered, Dr. Pyo only asked her to have a blood test. Several days later, Dr. Pyo asked Mo Yeon to come to her office.

"I'm surprised you don't know what happened to your own body. Mo Yeon, you are a doctor!!" that was what Dr. Pyo said.

Mo Yeon could only blinked. "That's why I need second opinion. Is it bad?"

Her friend pursed her lips. "It depends."

"Huh?"

Dr. Pyo sighed and looked at Mo Yeon. "When was your last cycle?"

Mo Yeon frozed. "What...cycle?"

"Don't pretend you don't know."

Silence.

Cycle?

Did she mean...

Mo Yeon's face went pale, her heartbeat turned erratic. She realized she didn't have it this month. "Oh gosh..."

At the same time, someone knocked the door, and Chi Hun appeared from behind the door. He smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry, Dr. Kang, but the Director asks for you."

Mo Yeon groaned. "Can he just leave me alone?" She looked at the young doctor. "I'll be there."

Chi Hun only nodded and left the room.

Mo Yeon looked again at her friend. "Do you think I'm...?"

"Are you going to tell your husband? He deserves to know."

"He still has three months left. I'll tell him later."

"Mo Yeon," Dr. Pyo blew a breath. "In three months, your body will change. Do you really want to give him the heart attack by the time he comes home and sees you with your big belly?"

"The first three months is not that big."

"Mo Yeon!!"

"I promise I'll tell him. I will," Mo Yeon took a deep breath. "It's just...I'm not expecting this."

Dr. Pyo raised her eyebrows. "How can you not? You're going to have a child is pretty much explain everything."

"Gosh...you are unbelievable." Mo Yeon covered her face with her hands. "What should I do?"

"Just do like you usually do. I promise to keep it a secret, but I suggest you to tell Major Yoo soon. It's better he knows from you rather than from anybody else. And..." Dr. Pyo held Mo Yeon's hand. "Please, don't let the stress gets into you. It's not good for your child."

Mo Yeon smiled and nodded. "I know. Thank you."

"Now, go. Don't let the director waits for you."

"Yeah...yeah..."

Mo Yeon quickly left Dr. Pyo's office and went to Director's office. Her hand unconsciously touched her belly where her child grew. She was happy, and nervous too. Would Si Jin feel happy too? He hinted several times he wanted to have more than one, and now they were going to have one, to have a real family. How would he react?

Mo Yeon didn't even think for the answer when she arrived at Director Han's office and met with one familiar face.

"Dr. Kang, it's really nice to meet you again."

Mo Yeon gave a slight smile, her eyes lit up. "Hello, Dr. James. It's really nice to meet you too. What brings you here?"

James, the UN doctor, smiled widely. "I hope you still remember about our promise to see each other again under UN and WHO's name."

"Yes, I remember."

The UN doctor pointed at Mo Yeon's ring finger. "So, you married your soldier?"

Mo Yeon laughed lightly, blushing. "Yes, about 9 months ago. I wanted to invite you, but I didn't know if you were still in Urk or not."

"I hope I could meet your husband to say my congratulations, but I'm here for another mission." James looked at Director Han. "WHO invites Dr. Kang to their office in Switzerland. They want to meet her."

***

Sneak peek for Ch. 5:

James: "Doing a surgery under political threats and her husband is the Major of Special Forces? Wow....she is indeed something."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.8K 55
Where a guy tries to hang out with his best friend but always ends up third wheeling.
160K 8.3K 84
She's all that matters. -ksj
332 18 20
Seongsang ff what happens when he falls in love with his best friends crush potential side ships woosan yungi jongjoong Hi I hope you like this stor...
3.2K 125 27
(Y/N) got shipped off to S. Korea to her uncle's house for scandals she was involved in back at home in the US. She falls for her Classmate Yeonjun t...